Chromaticity: A Warbreaker Quest

Wyrmhero

Week 1, Day 1: The Waking God

You wake in an opulent room, the like of which is utterly unfamiliar to you. The sky outside is dark, and you feel tired despite the fact that you've been sleeping. The walls are hung with fine tapestries and paintings, and the bedsheets are soft and luxurious. It seems strange to you, but the strangest thing, in a way, is that it seems strange to you at all. That thought ties itself in a knot in your brain as you try to puzzle it out. You try to put it aside, but it returns again when you realise that, while it feels odd to be in this room, when you think about it you have no comparison as to whether or not this is normal for most people. It’s a disconcerting thought process, an endless cycle of recognising the unfamiliar for being unfamiliar. You try to clear your mind, to recall how you got here.

You remember…

You remember…

You remember nothing. Your mind is blank. No, that isn’t true, you realise after a moment more's introspection. You know you are sleeping in a bed, you know that it is of better quality than you are used to, but you don’t remember why you know that. How strange that understanding this does not seem to require you to have any memory of similar objects. The details of your life are unknown to you, a hazy blackness just out of reach. Every time you try to grasp it, it edges ever further away.

“Ah, You’re awake.”

The voice distracts you as it reaches your ears, and you look up, the strange thoughts dissipating now you have something else to focus on. In a way, you're frustrated as your thoughts are halted suddenly, but a bigger part of you is grateful for having something, anything, else to think about. For one thing, while you were probably too distracted to notice before, you can feel that she almost... pulses. You know exactly where she is, even if you look away. And on the edges of your senses, you can feel other pulses, blips of something you can't see. But this is another distraction, you realise, and you resolve to give her your undivided attention.

The woman in the doorway smiles at you. She wears a grey robe, though in contrast to her basic dress, she also wears a gold ring on one of her hands, and her shoes look polished and formal. On closer inspection, even the dull robe appears finely tailored, not a strand out of place, all the same exact grey shade. “I was beginning to worry that You never would.”

It takes you a moment to speak, the words taking their time to form. A thousand questions present themselves, but all you can begin with is to assess your situation, even before you ask the questions you truly desire to ask. “Where am I? And who are you?” The voice is unfamiliar to you, and it takes you a moment to realise that it’s yours. You feel suspicious, not of the woman herself as such, but of your situation, and you crave information. But, the treacherous thought takes root in your mind, can you even trust anything she says? Perhaps that is an unfair thing to think, and the two of you are in fact firm friends, or family, or lovers. Or perhaps the situation is quite the opposite and you are her captive, though that seems unlikely with such a fine bedroom. In any case, all you can do right now is listen to her, and her explanation.

“My name is Hera,” she says, giving a polite bow before your bed. “I have the singular honour of finding myself as Your High Priest. Your Grace, if I may be candid, You will probably feel strange at the moment. Please, do not be alarmed, that is not unusual for someone recently Returned.”

“I’m… I’m sorry, I don’t understand.”

Hera smiles a little, “Please, do not apologise. I am not worthy of such a thing, and the fault is mine for not being clear. Your confusion is not at all unusual. I’m sorry to have to tell You this, but You have died. Fortunately, You have also been Returned, for some great purpose that we are not aware of yet. Your past self is now immaterial, only who You are matters. Your memory is gone, because You are greater than Your previous self. Do not be concerned though. I – and Your other priests – will be here to guide You as You fulfill Your last task. I will explain everything, but first, we must decide on Your name, and colours.”

“My name?” you repeat, grasping at the final words as the rest pass through you without much registering. “My name is… My name is… Oh.” You frown as the thought never completes. “No memory, yes... So I must pick a new name, then?”

“Indeed,” Hera nods. “Traditionally, names chosen by Returned are two-part names, such as ‘Lightsong the Bold’, or ‘Blushweaver the Beautiful’. It will, to a certain extent, define you. You must also select a pair of colours to represent Yourself.” She smiles wryly a little as she picks at the robe she wears. “I’m afraid grey isn’t really my colour, so I must insist on something more vibrant. And, when You have chosen, we will begin Your great task.”

Hi all, it’s been a while :P

This is a ‘quest’ RP I thought up while waiting for a delayed train recently. Players will take control of a newly Returned character, just after the end of the Warbreaker novel. Players don't have to sign up, though I heavily encourage discussion within the thread on what to do, and hope people become invested in it. Through voting for decisions, you will decide what this Returned character does (or attempts to do, not all options are guaranteed successes) after waking up in the Court of Gods. I will put suggestions at the end of each write-up with actions you can take (sometimes you can only take one, sometimes more), but I’m more than happy for - and encourage - people to put their own suggestions in to be voted for by the group. I will try to convey a rough estimate of how difficult the task is, if necessary.

I will close voting after a decent period of time (at least 48 hours), or when activity dies down, or when there is a clear winner or winners. This timing isn’t set in stone by any means, and is meant to be a guideline rather than a hard set of time rules. If there is a draw, I will either try to combine the options if possible, or I will choose one as GM’s prerogative.

Your character’s starting stats are determined by vote, but they are not set in stone, and will increase on occasion (or may decrease!) when certain milestones are reached. You may also get bonuses to rolls from any roleplaying that the players do, though the roleplaying will not be canon unless I decide it fits perfectly in with what is happening. I highly encourage players to write their own RP snippets though, even without the benefit of maybe getting bonuses to rolls :).

Whenever a roll is required, I will be using a Powered by the Apocalypse-inspired system, though with stats taken from the Mistborn ARPG (as they fit quite well into this). These stats are Physique, Wits, Charm, Resources, Influence and Spirit. I will roll 2d6, and add the relevant statistic and any other bonuses or maluses to the roll. A 10+ is a success, a 7-9 is only a partial success with some drawbacks, and 6 or below is unfortunately a failure. Sometimes these will be modified for difficult tasks, which you will be informed of in advance.

Now, there are some immediate decisions that must be made.

Firstly, as your High Priest Hera has hinted at, you need a name and two colours. Your colours don’t really matter, but your name will determine how people view you to begin with, and may hint towards some of your character’s personality in-story. For example, let’s say you want to be called Redcross the Healer, and you want Red and White as your colours. You would type the following in your post:

1) What will be the Returned character's name?

[X] Redcross the Healer

2) What colours does the Returned character bear? Pick two.

[X] White

[X] Red

Obviously, these two are ones you have free reign on, and the above are just examples :P.

Returned have a body based on their own idealised view of themselves. The actual detail of their body will be more-or-less based on your Physique, Charm and Wits, but their general appearance is still something to decide.

3) What appearance does the main character have?

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

Finally, while your Returned has an unknown past, they will have some bleed in of skills and memories from their previous life.  Vote for two of the below in each category; The highest-voted category will get +1, the second will get +0, and the third will get -1. Don't worry too much about your starting stats, as there will be opportunities for you to improve them within the story, and previous actions can also make rolls more (or less) likely to succeed as well. This will give you a spread of stats between +2 and -2, averaging 0.

4) What kind of person were they before?

[X] Martially Inclined (Physique, Resources)

[X] Socially Inclined (Charm, Influence)

[X] Mentally Inclined (Wits, Spirit)

5) What kind of company did they prefer?

[X] Workers and Tradesmen (Physique, Wits)

[X] High Society (Resources, Influence)

[X] Thieves and Rogues (Charm, Spirit)

You will begin with 5th Heightening, granted by a Returned Breath. Using this Breath will kill your character – but perhaps that is how the story goes.

So, that is the start, and the rules. I hope people are interested in this and where it will go. You don't need to 'register' for this or anything, but I'd be very happy to see people in the thread, discussing events or the options available to you. Don't hesitate to debate with other players, or ask any questions you might have of anything. Let me know your thoughts, hopes and dreams - I swear I'm a merciful GM, as most people from the SE section will tell you! Well, at least I'm honest about things when asked, and don't go out of my way to mess with things. So don't let that put you off!

This is an experiment as much as a story. Much like the Heirs game I ran, it's a very different thing to what usually happens on the forum, and I hope it inspires others to join in, or maybe consider their own. Who knows, maybe we'll have a subforum for these too :P. But we're getting ahead of ourselves. For now, I hope you enjoy Chromaticity.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Character Sheet

Songbearer the Wise

Colours: Azure and Maroon

Appearance: Masculine

Physique: 1

Charm: 0

Wits: 2

Resources: -1

Influence: -1

Spirit: 2

Heightening: 5 (1 Returned Breath)

Abilities: Aura Recognition, Perfect Pitch, Perfect Colour Recognition, Perfect Life Sense, Agelessness, Divine Breath

Chapters

Edited by Wyrmhero

Great idea!

I feel like most Returned with a healing-type affiliation are the most pressured to give up their Divine breath. So, I think we should try and pick a name that doesn’t put too many expectations on our Returned, and gives them a good standing with society. Currently, I think a name that relates with working-class people will be most helpful, and give us a good reputation with lots of Hallendren.

So:

Spoiler

[X] Workstraight the Diligent

[X] Brown

[X] Bronze

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

We control one character together, and vote on the actions that character takes.

Thanks a lot! Then I got it right :)

So in that case, could we maybe change one of his colours to green? Brown and bronze look so similar.

Edited by Sorana

Spoiler

[X] Holdfast the Bold

2) What colours does the R

eturned character bear? Pick two.

[X] Azure

[X] Emerald

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

Spoiler

Here's my tuppence to the hat. Interested in seeing how this goes.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Thanks a lot! Then I got it right :)

So in that case, could we maybe change one of his colours to green? Brown and bronze look so similar.

Yup, as think explained, you will all vote on what major actions the main character takes, or how they approach situations. You may either vote for one of the example/suggested options, or write your own and vote for that if you think there's a better option. I will be able to veto the extra votes, but I won't do that unless it's very out-there.

If you want to change one of those colours to green, vote for it :P

Edited by Wyrmhero

Hmm... Interesting. How will the name and colors be decided?

Spoiler

[X] Songbearer the Wise

2) What colours does the R

eturned character bear? Pick two.

[X] Azure

[X] Maroon

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hmm... Interesting. How will the name and colors be decided?

The name with the highest number of votes will be your character's name, and the two colours with the highest votes will be your colour pair. If there is a tie, as there is right now, I will flip a coin or pick one or something. I reserve the right to be selfish if you guys can't decide ;)

Edited by Wyrmhero

14 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

The name with the highest number of votes will be your character's name, and the two colours with the highest votes will be your colour pair. If there is a tie, as there is right now, I will flip a coin or pick one or something. I reserve the right to be selfish if you guys can't decide ;)

Scandalous.

Alright. So I'll go with that one.

Spoiler

[X] Dreamwatcher the Curious

[X] Azure

[X] Emerald

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

Spoiler

[X] Swiftfoot the Stealthy

[X] Black

[X] Silver

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

Might change the name

Edited by Lord Bookwyrm

Spoiler

[X] Songbearer the Wise

[X] Azure

[X] Maroon

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

tips tricorn piratically

Workers and Tradesmen. Let's have a unionist on our hands...

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:
  Hide contents

[X] Songbearer the Wise

[X] Azure

[X] Maroon

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

tips tricorn piratically

Workers and Tradesmen. Let's have a unionist on our hands...

And we have our first choice with two votes on it ;)

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

But didn't most of us agree on azure by now? I thought the submitted character sheet was a vote itself?

At least that's how I interpreted what you posted on sunday.

Or honestly, I have no idea what to do, sorry.

He was referring specifically to the name.

16 hours ago, Sorana said:

But didn't most of us agree on azure by now? I thought the submitted character sheet was a vote itself?

At least that's how I interpreted what you posted on sunday.

Or honestly, I have no idea what to do, sorry.

8 hours ago, Kasimir said:

He was referring specifically to the name.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I was just pleased that we had finally gotten two votes of the same name. Don't worry, you're doing fine on voting :P.

I will probably wait until Tuesday, and then we'll begin, so if anyone else wants to join in, please do so :)

Well, this looks fun. I’ll throw something into the hat:

Spoiler

[X] Songbearer the Wise

[X] Maroon

[X] Silver

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

Ooh, this looks fun! perhaps I should be checking this forum more often...

Spoiler

[X] Songbearer the Wise

[X] Maroon

[X] Silver

[X] Masculine

[X] Feminine

[X] Androgynous

No one else voted for a feminine appearance, so I thought instead of having to choose which of the three, I'd give this one it's first vote. : )

Week 1, Day 4: Duty

A dream rises to the surface. It is dark, though there is a flickering light. You hear a rustling noise, which fades away.

Ah, it’s gone.

Another replaces it, also dark. The sound of grunting and movement reaches you, coupled with the smell of exertion. Then a sudden thud of something heavy and wooden being put down.            

That, too, disappears.

Light floods the world as you open your eyes. Sunlight peeks through the thick curtains at the window. It’s a brand new day in what promises to be the rest of your life, a life that only lasts as long as your heart remains hard to the suffering of others.

The duties of a Returned are, according to Hera, few. Even the religion built around them is fairly simple, you’d say. General prayer in return for a belief that something will be better eventually, or even that your God might sacrifice Themselves for your sake. A cynical thought, maybe, but if your purpose is to die for someone, you’ll allow yourself some cynicism. Maybe people just need to believe, and your purpose is to give them something to believe in, no matter how undivine you feel.

There’s a knock on your door, and even before you answer Hera already enters the room. She greets you politely, professionally, and starts ordering you around. Funny, isn’t she meant to be your High Priest, and thus, your servant? You don’t think that matters, though, she has the driven force of a practiced taskmaster, cajoling and ordering you into getting up. Servants come and dress you, selecting the colours you have chosen for yourself, colours that Hera and your other servants are now dressed in too. A bright azure, contrasted with a darker maroon.

You feel quite awkward, standing there as you suffer this. This is your third day suffering this, and you don't think it will get any easier over time. It's not just the embarrassment of being dressed when you are quite capable yourself, but also that you have no idea how to respond to the servants. Are you meant to look at them? To ignore them? What would they want you to do? No, you can’t look at them, can’t distract them from their work. But it would be rude to pretend they aren’t there at all. The question haunts you as they work, so instead you look around for anything else to keep your mind occupied, and settle on the silvered glass before you.

Having said that you aren’t particularly godly, there is no denying you have something about you that is more than mortal, as you examine yourself in the mirror. Your frame is built tall, and while not necessarily strong, it is solid enough for some physical labour. Your skin is somewhat pale though, suggesting a life spent indoors rather than working in the sun. As much as Hera said you shouldn’t, you can’t help but speculate on your previous life. Perhaps a librarian, carting around heavy books, or a foreman at a dock, promoted from a manual position to deskwork some years ago. You wonder if you’ll ever know.           

You also can’t help thinking, vainly perhaps, that your form appears quite handsome even before the servants finish grooming and dressing you. Attractive, maybe, as much as that can be a statement you can make. This is something that apparently Returned share between them. You may not be the standard rugged and strong masculine ideal, but you would certainly say you are someone’s masculine ideal. Even if you believe you may have spent your life mostly in the company of books, it wouldn’t surprise you to know you were an active individual regardless.

“And now, Your Grace, it would be good if we can look at some artwork,” Hera says, ushering the servants away and examining you with a critical eye. Despite your comparatively large build, you can’t help but feel self-conscious and worried, like a child being told off by their mother. Whatever she sees apparently satisfies her, as she nods briefly. "I have kept them back for You until You were feeling more settled, but I'm afraid it can't wait much longer."

You dredge her explanation up from the back of your mind. “People send me art to critique, and I am meant to find some… some meaning in them, yes? And then it gets destroyed.” It seemed like such a waste.

“Not quite,” Hera replies. “You are merely meant to pick whichever speaks to You most, the piece You like the most. That can be because of the colours, the technical composition or, yes, the meaning You think You see. Though I won’t deny that, even if You pick one because You think it’s pretty, there will still be endless speculation and argument about why You picked it, regardless.” Was that a small smile there? If there was, it’s gone already, her face schooled back into professionalism.

“Well, I suppose I should give those speculators something to do,” you shrug.

The artwork you are to examine consists of many different kinds of pieces, not just paintings but sculptures, poems, songs and cloth. Considering they are all to be destroyed, unless you like them enough to have them displayed in your mansion, you decide to put in the time to properly look at them all. To do anything less would be an insult to the artists. You are quite relieved though to be informed that in the case of songs, the sheet music or lyrics will be burned, and not the artists. Unless they're atrocious, Hera adds, with a straight enough face that you aren't sure if she's joking or not. You decide to examine the artwork instead of trying to puzzle that out.

In the end, there are three pieces that speak to you.

The first is an oil panting that depicts what Hera describes as ‘Kalad’s Phantoms’, an army of large stone people with stone weaponry and armour, fighting against a horde of pale corpses in conventional weaponry, Lifeless. The Phantoms seem to be winning through sheer brute force, against the Lifeless’ poor-but-serviceable skill.

The second is a sculpture of the Council Room, which you have never seen, but will become familiar with soon. Again, you rely on Hera to fill in the gaps of your knowledge, though she is careful not to state anything but fact to avoid colouring your opinion. The sculpture is made of a grey stone, with streaks of colour depicting the Returned at their seats as they argue and debate. The colours, Hera informs you, deliberately avoid depicting any specific Gods.

The final artwork is a robe of many colours, each fold shimmering differently in the light despite your enhanced eyesight informing you that it has clearly been dyed carefully to ensure no bleed between the sections. Hera states that the dye is made from Tears of Edgli, a plant with high value thanks to its ability to hold fast in any cloth and its suitability for Awakening.

Auguries

As a Returned, part of your job is to select impressive artworks, using your enhanced capability to detect colour hues, vocal tones and all the other aspects of BioChroma that your Divine Breath gives you. Regardless of how or what you pick, it will then be intensely scrutinised by philosophers (who apparently have nothing better to do than guess at why you chose something instead of just asking you for your reasoning) to determine what it means for the future.

Each Augury you can choose between has a hidden stat boost associated with it, which may or may not be obvious from the description. This boost will last until the next time you need to choose an Augury. Note that the stat may not suit any roll at all for the period, depending on choices and paths taken. Auguries will be chosen every five days in-game, though if we skip an Augury choice the previous one will continue to apply.

[X] Kalad’s Phantoms

[X] Gods at Council

[X] The rainbow robe

“Your Grace, have you made a decision?” Hera asks.

You nod. “This one,” you say, gesturing to it.

“Good,” she replies, and she makes a note of it. “Now, we must discuss Your itinerary for the day.”

“I have things that need doing beyond this?” you ask, with a little dread. You’ve only recently been resurrected, is it really already time for you to be acting Godly?

“Not as such,” Hera replies. “Most of Your necessary tasks are only once a week. There will be these artworks to judge, petitioners to hear, council meetings to attend, and of course, You will need a new Breath.”

This last one causes you to shudder. Hera has told you that it isn’t a soul, that you aren’t killing anyone by taking their Breath, but your Breath is your soul. If that goes, you die. It’s hard to think it’s different for other people, especially since they will become Drab, with all that entails. Is mere wealth enough to make up for that?

“…But none of those are today?” you ask, “except the art, of course.”

“Correct,” Hera nods. “Your day is Your own, though You understand I will accompany You unless I have other duties that need attending. If You are looking for suggestions, then I would perhaps recommend meeting the other Returned. This isn’t an urgent task, but it might make a good impression to go to meet Your peers, rather than them coming to meet You. A similar suggestion could be made for going out into the city.”

“Alternatively, you could spend some time developing the teachings of ‘Songbearer the Wise’. This wouldn’t just be laws for Your followers to live by, but writing songs and music as well, as I imagine many would expect You to live up to Your name,” she says dryly.

“Another might be to properly understand what Your Divine Breath gives you,” she continues. “You have the Fifth Heightening, and as much as it is instinctual, I feel it’s better to have an idea of what it means as much as how it manifests itself to You.”

“And there are always hobbies,” she adds. “If You wish to take up duelling, for example, we can find a good instructor for that, or if there are any subjects You wish to educate Yourself on, books and tutors can be arranged.”

“Of course, these are just suggestions,” she finishes. “The day is, as I say, ultimately your own, and we will try to accommodate Your desires as much as possible, Your Grace.”

Free Time

How will you pass the day? You may select two different options, and the top two will occur. You may suggest a choice not on this list, and you may also suggest a variation on a choice, or a specific way of approaching it. Choices with [Stat] beside them have their outcome influenced by a stat roll, though sometimes changing an approach to a choice may change the [Stat] for it. I will try to inform you in advance if this is the case.

[X] Visit another Returned. This can be selected multiple times, and each time you will meet a different Returned. [Charm]

[X] Ride through the city.

[X] Develop your religion (you may suggest new tenets, if you like). [Spirit]

[X] Understand your Heightening. [Wits]

[X] Take up a hobby (suggest which).

[X] (you may suggest others as well)

Note that just because you don’t do something today doesn’t mean you can’t do it another day, and sometimes events will force themselves on you anyway.

There is chapter two. A bit more setup, but now we have some choices for actions. Note that, if certain milestones are met, your stats can improve, so bear that in mind when you make your decisions. Sometimes, the best way to improve at something is to try and fail, but get experience in doing that thing. Failing is also not always bad, sometimes it just depicts how something bears out. And speaking of stats, the second post now has Songbearer's stats.

Results

Name: Songbearer the Wise

Songbearer the Wise: 4

Workstraight the Digilent: 1

Holdfast the Bolt: 1

Dreamwatcher the Curious: 1

Swiftfoot the Stealthy: 1

Colours: Azure and Maroon

Azure: 4

Maroon: 4

Silver: 3

Emerald: 2

Brown: 1

Bronze: 1

Black: 1

Appearance: Masculine

Masculine: 6

Feminine: 1

Androgynous: 1

Personality: Mentally Inclined (Wits, Spirit UP, Charm, Influence DOWN)

Mentally Inclined: 4

Martially Inclined: 3

Socially Inclined: 1

Company: Workers and Tradesmen (Physique, Wits UP, Resources, Influence DOWN)

Workers and Tradesmen: 4

Thieves and Rogues: 3

High Society: 1

Edited by Wyrmhero

Hmm, While I admit I'm not considering this from a logical standpoint, the "The rainbow robe" is what I find most interesting.
Also, it's the only non-capitalized one. While I don't think Wyrm would have this mean anything, It draws me to the choice non-the-less.

Next, I don't care as much about which activities we do in our free time, but Developing our religion seems like a fun choice.

I'm not voting yet, as I am thinking that it'll be easier on Wyrm if I don't spread my votes out between 2-3 posts. : )

I look at the pictures and consider them for a while. They are interesting, different, as if somebody wants to find out what kind of picture I like. I stop in front of each of them for a moment and then shake my head, walk back to the first one. There is something about it, the colours, how they fit together, the way the phantom is depicted. It touches soething, and yet, my glance wanders again. Another few steps take me to the painting, that seems to call out to me. Art. Art can be anything if, it wakens emotion.

“Your Grace, have you made a decision?” Hera asks.

You nod. “This one,” you say, gesturing to the third one.

=======

I vote for "The rainbow robe". I like the name, and Fura is right. As it is the only non-capitalized one, that can mean something, or not. The chance alone is worth to give it a try.

==========

An activity. I pause and then look around in the large room, that seems to be mine.

"I can choose anything?"

I ask and then lift a hand to forstall a reply. I know that I can, but I wanted to voice my thoughts loudly. Looking at my hands, they are ... hands. I have no idea if they are my hands. They seem to be, but I have no memories, nothing I connect to them. And yet, the thought to use them, to create something.

"Set up a place where I can work with leather, please"

I command and look outside again.

"I will visit another Returned, so that you have some time to do it properly."

=========

I'd like to include a hint towards out background in the activites. That's why I vote for "taking up a hobby: leather working". Also I think that it can't hurt to get to know some other Returned, given the fact that our Influence is pretty low. If we can find an ally, we might be able to compensate that a bit. Additionally it offers the chance for our character to ask some questions about where he is, what happened, and talk to someone who has been in the same situation he is now. So the second activity I vote for is "visit another returned"

====

Edit:

[X] 'The rainbow robe'

[X] 'Take up hobby: Leather working'

[X] 'Visit other Returned'

Edited by Sorana
added formal votes

17 minutes ago, Sorana said:

I vote for "The rainbow robe". I like the name, and Fura is right. As it is the only non-capitalized one, that can mean something, or not. The chance alone is worth to give it a try.

Nice little snippets around this, though I'd like to request that the votes in the [X] 'vote description' format for clarity please.

The non-capitalised nature of the rainbow robe doesn't really mean anything as such. It isn't presented as a 'named' piece, as such, like the sculpture or painting are, it's just a bright, colourful and exquisitely made cloth robe. I'm sorry if that implied anything about it, it was not my intention to do so. In general, I'll try not to hint towards any decision for Auguries being better than the others.