Mistborn strength

Steel Inquisitive

Here's a thought I had the other day... We'll find out if it had any validity:-)

Elend became a very powerful Mistborn after burning learsium. Learsiums power is that it forges connections. Burning it pure made Elend super connected to Preservation which is what made him a Mistborn.

The Bands of Mourning grant insane levels of allomatic power. While I've seen it speculated that this was due to some way to compound feruchemy into allomancy, what if it's simpler than that? What if it's because the person storing the allomatic strength in the Bands was a super powerful Mistborn?

Now we all know who made the Bands (if you don't, you should stop reading). Kelsier wasn't that powerful when he was alive so something had to have changed when he was dead. Now we know he held the shard of Preservation, but that alone wouldn't forge the allomatic strength; if it did Vin would have seen a significant power boost. Here's the thing, kelsier wasn't connected enough to Preservation to ascend. He was very heavily connected to Ruin. He was able to bypass this problem by using the Ire's super juice which forged unimaginable connections to Preservation, which is the same thing learsium does, but to a far greater degree.

Main theory: Kelsier is now a super powerful Mistborn because he used the Ire's connection juice.

Secondary theory: Kelsier became a feruchemist because he already was very connected to Ruin and then gained a ton of connection to Preservation. Since feruchemy is the merging of the two shards' power it would make sense to gain feruchemy with enough connection to both shards.

Thanks for reading that very long winded post! I thought it was going to maybe be a paragraph, but I couldn't help myself:-)

1 hour ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

As far as I'm aware Nicrosil stores the ability to do something with investiture. That's all we've seen it used for. If you have evidence otherwise, please share. That would mean if you were more powerful you could store more of the ability. 

I think what RShara is saying is that you could charge the Nicrosil the same amount, but that you could do it with less metal burned. Or charge it faster. Whereas you are explaining how being a stronger mistborn would increase the total power that the Nicrosil could store?

• 4 months later...

(Yes, this is a Necro. I always meant to come back to this thread, but got so busy in August that I never made it:-))

I've come into agreement that there's probably some form of compounding going on with the Bands. I don't think we have all the info on nicrosil yet, but there is probably some funkiness going on there. Now, I still think that Kelsier is far more powerful now than he was during era one.

I would like to discuss what people think is the possibility of him having gained feruchemy. And how powerful could he be? Twice as powerful as Elend?