Is Hoid teaching Kaladin to learn things through the Spiritual Realm?

I was just thinking about when Hoid tells the Fleet story to Kaladin, how he has Kaladin help tell the story.  And in WoK Kaladin is able to see hints about what’s coming up in the story.  It could just be Hoid being a good storyteller, but I had the thought that maybe he wants Kaladin to learn to tap into the Spiritual Realm to learn things.  Maybe he was prepping him for what he did in the Cognitive Realm to find out where they needed to go, or for something yet to come.  Possibly not, but maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I never would have thought of that. I did think it strange how he made Kal help with the story of Fleet. Is there anything else that could be used as evidence to help with that? I would like to know more. Also is it possible to tap into the spiritual realm? Dalinar can create a singularity but I don't see that as the same thing. In other stories, the realms are vastly different with one having to choose to travel from one to the other.  

I'd like to think that Wit is teaching others about using their Investiture. (Oathbringer spoilers since I'm not sure where you are in SA)

Spoiler

Same with Shallan in Oathbringer. He was telling the story of The Girl Who Looked Up when he got her to use her Lightweaving. He basically guided her through the story, same way he did with Kaladin where Kal took over and Wit just agreed with the statements.

He's our Yoda!

6 hours ago, Wander89 said:

I'd like to think that Wit is teaching others about using their Investiture. (Oathbringer spoilers since I'm not sure where you are in SA)

Reveal hidden contents

Same with Shallan in Oathbringer. He was telling the story of The Girl Who Looked Up when he got her to use her Lightweaving. He basically guided her through the story, same way he did with Kaladin where Kal took over and Wit just agreed with the statements.

He's our Yoda!

Looks good. That is a great idea. I agree. 

• Chaos locked this topic