Looking to Know More

11 hours ago, wishiwasstormblessed said:

Hi! I'm not new to the Cosmere, and I've read all of the books multiple times. But I've wanted to learn more and get deeper into symbolism, theories, and pretty much everything people talk about here. Any preliminary things I should know about this forum or the books?

Welcome :-) have you read any of the articles on the Coppermind? That might be a place to start. What is your favourite book in the series?

Welcome WishiWasStormBlessed!

Who is your favorite character, and why?
If you had to pick any 1 magic system that you could use, which would it be?
Which order of Radiant would you be?

Also, don't forget to check out the community section of the forums. There is lots of fun stuff there... Speaking of which...

/************************************
Beginning of advertisement

************************************/
Do you like role-playing, games, or killing you friends having fun?
If you said yes to any of those things, you might like Sanderson Elimination!

Sanderson Elimination(SE) is basically a game of Mafia/Werewolf, but Sanderson themed!
If you are interested, there will be signups for a game opening within the next couple days, or if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. : )
/************************************
End of advertisement

************************************/

Welcome again! I look forward to seeing you around!

Hi Furamirionind! My favorite character is Kaladin, because I see a lot of myself in him. I'm very protective, and I will do anything for the people I love. Also, honor is extremely important to me. And I really admire how Kaladin is written. I love how he seems like a real person, with struggles and inner conflicts that many people go through, rather than just being a two dimensional character. 

Now, choosing a magic system is a bit harder, but I think I would go with Roshar's system. I love the diversity within the magic system, and I love the concept of spren. 

I think from my first answer you can tell that I want to be a Windrunner. Like I said, protecting people and honor are some of the concepts from the series that I hold in highest regard. I can just see myself as a Windrunner.