tanavanium ferring

stormbourne

I would guess no. Because if memory serves honor does not have a divine metal (outside of the honorblades). Not only that but I would assume allomancy and feruchemacy would not work on god metals unrelated to the shards that made those magic systems. But then again I could be very wrong, and it's certainly interesting to consider,

5 hours ago, stormbourne said:

could a tanavanium (honours divine metal) ferring become a cognitive shadow without aid?

Generally, a Shard would have to work to make foreign metals function in the Metallic Arts.  But, if tanavastium was made to work, we have no idea what it would do.  

What leads you to believe that it would turn you into a Cognitive Shadow?

1 minute ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Generally, a Shard would have to work to make foreign metals function in the Metallic Arts.  But, if tanavastium was made to work, we have no idea what it would do.  

What leads you to believe that it would turn you into a Cognitive Shadow?

everything about honours magics seem to be about connection and empowerment so what if using it empowers the connection of the separate pieces of your soul

8 minutes ago, stormbourne said:

everything about honours magics seem to be about connection and empowerment so what if using it empowers the connection of the separate pieces of your soul

I'm not sure what you mean by "empowers the connection of the separate pieces of your soul."  

A Cognitive Shadow is basically a person who has figured out a way to stick around after death.  For example, a certain character was able to dunk himself in a Shardpool and use that Investiture to resist the call to the Beyond.  

I'm not sure how storing/tapping Connection/empowerment would accomplish the same thing.  

18 minutes ago, Scion of the Mists said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "empowers the connection of the separate pieces of your soul."  

A Cognitive Shadow is basically a person who has figured out a way to stick around after death.  For example, a certain character was able to dunk himself in a Shardpool and use that Investiture to resist the call to the Beyond.  

I'm not sure how storing/tapping Connection/empowerment would accomplish the same thing.  

while you're tapping the power your connection between mind body and spirit becomes strong enough to not fall apart while dying

In order to persist as a Cognitive Shadow, you need to have enough investiture to persist. It doesn't really matter what state your body is in, or how strongly your spirit is connected to things. Without that infusion of investiture, you're drawn Beyond.

• Chaos locked this topic