Thought on bonding multiple spren

Elsecaller_17.5

While this is really just a hunch with two weak pieces of evidence, so feel free to rip it to shreds.

It would be easier to bond with two spren if one was more of Honor and one was more of Cultivation. They would disagree on many things but the most important issues to a spren of Honor would be the least important to a spren of Cultivation and vice versa which would make compromising easier. 

Evidence 1: Highspren and Honorspren are both very much of Honor but seem to dislike each other. In WoR Syl is very insulted when Kaladin applies a Highspren ideal (following the letter of the law) to her insisting on the importance of the spirit of the law.

Evidence 2: This one is really weak, but many people have noted the synergy between the Windrunner oaths and Edgedancer oaths. Orders that bond with Honorspren and Cultivationspren.  Maybe this could foreshadow a greater connection.

So what do y’all think?

Edited by Truthwatcher_17.5
Clarification

I actually like this a lot better.  To paraphrase Jasnah.  We sometimes have a greater problem with other people who have our same qualities then with other people who have completely different ones.  Two spren that are as different as possible would likely be attracted to a person for two different reasons and might have an easier time compromising.  I still doubt that godspren will share though.  They seem a bit territorial.

I had to go look at edgedancer and windrunner oaths but I can kinda see it. But they could be easily done with eachother without violating the others oaths. I believe that this is for sure possible but not something we are going to see. But who knows I didn't think we'd see someone with two shardblades but hey we saw amaram grab oathbringer and dual weild so I won't count it out though I don't think its gonna happen

15 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

You mean this one?

300px-TWoK_Front_Endsheet.jpg

Yup. That's the one!

It's also interesting that all the diametrically opposite orders are connected, even though i'm fairly certain honorspren and cryptics (for example) really don't get along very well and would probably hate sharing a Radiant together.

• Chaos locked this topic