Google home naming

ThoughtWeaver

49 minutes ago, ThoughtWeaver said:

so we recently got a second smart TV, and I started connecting everything via Google home app. I named one of the TV's, "roshar", and the other "scadrial". then proceeded to rename the wifi "shadesmar" :) any thoughts on improving this? 

If you have it hooked up to your lights, you could rename them “sphere lamps”.

(Also, please make sure that you are posting your topic in the correct forum)

13 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

If you have it hooked up to your lights, you could rename them “sphere lamps”.

(Also, please make sure that you are posting your topic in the correct forum)

love that idea. and thanks for moving the post. I purposely posted i "indroducd yourself" because It wasn't letting me post anywhere else yet.... 

You should have been able to post in other locations, but within the first two posts there can't be links, as an anti-spam precaution. I'll investigate.

My wifi network is Scadrial and I have all my devices Scadrian themed, like my computer is Kredik Shaw, my Chromecast is Canton of Resource. So I like theming it around a particular planet.

just tested out my posting abilities. they are fine now. thank you for your help! (*likely a user error on my end :)

25 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You should have been able to post in other locations, but within the first two posts there can't be links, as an anti-spam precaution. I'll investigate.

My wifi network is Scadrial and I have all my devices Scadrian themed, like my computer is Kredik Shaw, my Chromecast is Canton of Resource. So I like theming it around a particular planet.

I love the theme to that! haha i might have to make mine rosharan themed 

Well, your tests would be different now, since you've passed the post threshold to the Members group. Those older spam restrictions no longer apply. Still, even if you were in the New Member group you should be able to post anywhere.