Possible location of Honor's shardpool

TheWanderer

Alright had a crazy ideas and felt like sharing. Something always bugged me about shinovar, we know they have a collection of honorblades and that their home is far to the west and experiences very mild highstorms (Which originate in the east). Furthermore they seem to consider both stormlight and stone sacred. Anyway a question came to me rather recently. How do they train honorblades users in their abilities which require vast amounts of stormlight?

While a certain amount could be explained through trade and hoarding, their is still likely a lack of stormlight in their area. So I couldn't help but wonder where they get enough investiture, hence why I am making the logical jump that honor's shardpool is there (i am aware the coppermind says his perpendicularity has no set location but I don't know if that is word of Brandon or not). When Dalinar summoned honor's perpendicularity vast amounts of stormlight came out, while i doubt this would be the same in shinovar a consistent leaking of investiture from the perpendicularity might explain how they have enough stormlight for things like using honorblades and trade. Also this would not be too shocking as shinovar is the lands given to humanity when they came to roshar and found honor.

Also this is not unprecedented as on scaladarial preservation's shardpool slowly accumulated investiture into the beads of lerasium.

So That is my theory on where Honor's perpendicularity may be. Hope you enjoyed.

Edited by TheWanderer

46 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

How do they train honorblades users in their abilities which require vast amounts of stormlight?

You can still charge spheres in Shinovar during the highstorm.  Honor's perpendicularity moves according to Azure.

16 minutes ago, Nightwaker.exe said:

That actually sounds plausible, but then how did Dalinar create Honor's perpendicularity? Did he just take the Perpendicularity from the Shin?

A shard can have more then one perpendicularity at a time.

Edited by Karger

Honor's Perpendicularity literally moves, it has no fixed location. This is why Dalinar is able to open it up in Thaylen City. Earlier in the book during the 'so, how do we get out of Shadesmar' discussion Azure mentions that the spren know of Honor's Perpendicularity but its location is unpredictable and it's dangerous to go looking for. If it was even semi-fixed in Shinovar (which would contradict everything that's been said about it in and out of universe) the spren would know that; Just because they rarely appear there doesn't mean they're non-existant.

As for how the Shin get stormlight to train with, the same way everybody else does. The fact that the highstorms are considerably weaker doesn't mean they don't infuse gemstones.

FieryXJoe

Would empty perfect gemstones left in Shinovar and New Natanatan during a highstorm have different amounts of Stormlight?

Brandon Sanderson

Excellent question.

No, they would not. Strength of the storm is not tied directly to the amount of Stormlight invested. (Though there are in-world easterners who would insist otherwise.)

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 29, 2018)

7 minutes ago, Weltall said:

As for how the Shin get stormlight to train with, the same way everybody else does. The fact that the highstorms are considerably weaker doesn't mean they don't infuse gemstones.

That was the WoB I was looking for.

10 minutes ago, Karger said:

A shard can have more then one perpendicularity at a time.

reALLY? No way!
 If that's the case, then... wow. Ok, that opens an endless opportunity for different things. Is there a finite number of perpendicularities that shards can have?

1 minute ago, Nightwaker.exe said:

Technically yes but the number is meaningless.  The Shard must simply get enough investiture in one place however they want to and you get a perpendicularity.  Shards have a lot of investiture so they can form a perpendicularity whenever they want to assuming they are not busy or too invested in one place.

Just now, Nightwaker.exe said:

Ah. So it's less a Perpendicularity and more an enormous amount of Investiture.

A perpendicularity is just an enormous amount of investiture.  A star or black hole is just an enormous amount of mass.

• Chaos locked this topic