WoT Casting!

Eluvianii

Yeah, it's good to see only low-profile people so to speak, that way we don't link the faces to the actors. If they cast, say, Nicolas Cage as Ba'alzamon, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously so I hope they keep this trend. And now that you mention it, I wonder how they'll handle the songs. I'd really like to see them but they cut them off LOTR for example, didn't they?

18 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Yeah, it's good to see only low-profile people so to speak, that way we don't link the faces to the actors. If they cast, say, Nicolas Cage as Ba'alzamon, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously so I hope they keep this trend. And now that you mention it, I wonder how they'll handle the songs. I'd really like to see them but they cut them off LOTR for example, didn't they?

"Lews Therin, We're going to steal, the declaration of independence."- Nicholas Morin Tedronai.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:18 PM, Eluvianii said:

You know, for some reason Nic Cage as Elyas seems oddly possible.  

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping Lan is another A-lister (would make sense along side Pike), and that Sean Bean is either Aginor or Bathamel, just so he gets to die in another fantasy epic.  :) 

8 minutes ago, Angsos said:

I was hoping Sean Bean could be Lan to break the mold. Also he has the sword skills to be a blademaster by now, I assume.

That would only scare me that Lan will die in the TV version at some point and way to early :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I think Henney will do great. I will admit that I was hoping for Orlando Bloom just because I really like him, but this Henney looks like he can pull it off. 

I hope we get Thom, Galad, Min and Logain soon. I suspect Min and Galad will also be relatively unknown, maybe Logain though (Richard Armitage would crush it in that role though). I wouldnt be surprised if we got someone famous as Thom though. 

Edited by Toaster Retribution

On 2019-09-05 at 4:53 PM, Angsos said:

I agree but they have get the right famous actor to play Thom or it'll just be bad. Even if he tried his hardest, I'm not sure I could take orlando bloom seriously; I'm watching carnival row on Prime now so we'll see how well he does.

I want to see that, mostly for Bloom. The fact that it has so much sex scenes is putting me off a bit though. 

I dont think they can do someone too old for Thom. WoT is a huge commitment, and a recast in the middle of it would suck.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has considered it would be awesome if Bruce Campell were cast as Thom. If not, then grab someone with the resonant voice of Bryn Terfel, the face of Jeff Bridges, and the physical comedic and fight prowess of Jackie Chan. That person exists, right?

FYI, I guess the cover art, at least the American versions, are very innacurate. Being legally-blind, I have no first hand knowledge but that's what I've heard.

Also @Toaster Retributionin Carnival Row, they seem to have one sex scene an episode and it's not needed. I just skip them, I'm on episode 3

Edited by Angsos

9 hours ago, Angsos said:

FYI, I guess the cover art, at least the American versions, are very innacurate. Being legally-blind, I have no first hand knowledge but that's what I've heard.

Also @Toaster Retributionin Carnival Row, they seem to have one sex scene an episode and it's not needed. I just skip them, I'm on episode 3

Thanks for the info! 

As all the emond fielders are very young (or at least look very young, in the case of nynaeve), it makes sense that they'd pick new young actors for those roles.

I just discovered from reading brandon's twitter that racial issues were raised over the actors. Personally, while I default to imagining people caucasian unless described otherwise, I think the actors (who look indian to me) fit right, for a detail: rand had never seen blonde hair before leaving the two rivers. he mentions that when visiting the grimwell farm.

So, if the two river population were caucasian, there would be blondes among them. I'm not aware of any blonde indian, so that seems to fit better.

EDIT: the important thing was that all emond fielders, except rand, looked of the same ethnicity. say what you want about the value of diversity, they have been an isolated population who intermarried among each other for two millennia; that's bound to be uniform /EDIT

EDIT2: actually, the emond fielders are described as blushing in several occasions, and other characters reacting to it. which implies they are not deeply black, as it would be virtually impossible to see the blushing on a person with a very ddark skin. so, dark enough that they have no blond hair, but light enough that they can clearly be seen blushing. indian seems just right/EDIT

Perrin doesn't look nowhere near big enough, unfortunately. but it's hard to find someone with the right physique. you get plenty of actors with heavy muscles, but those are different from what I envision, which is someone who's not particularly sculpted from the gym, he's just very big. I think the only person who would have fit my mental image for perrin would have been bud spencer. which unforrtunatley would be way too old even if he was still alive

Edited by king of nowhere

I also wonder how they are going to represent aes sedai ageless faces. according to the book, it's something subtle enough that people not familiar with aes sedai won't pay much notice, but also distinctive enough that one who is familiar can tell an aes sedai by sight.

I douubt it can really be done that way.