Eluvianii

WoT Casting!

13 posts in this topic

They finally released the casting for the Emond Fielders, and they look AWESOME (save for maybe Perrin, not broad enough, but not really a problem either). Anyone else is excited?

Now it's real and I'm glad I haven't heard of these people, more of a chance they'll do it Justice. I just hope they cast someone who can sing and chant for Thom because his physical stuff can be handled by a stunt double.

Yeah, it's good to see only low-profile people so to speak, that way we don't link the faces to the actors. If they cast, say, Nicolas Cage as Ba'alzamon, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously so I hope they keep this trend. And now that you mention it, I wonder how they'll handle the songs. I'd really like to see them but they cut them off LOTR for example, didn't they?

18 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Yeah, it's good to see only low-profile people so to speak, that way we don't link the faces to the actors. If they cast, say, Nicolas Cage as Ba'alzamon, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously so I hope they keep this trend. And now that you mention it, I wonder how they'll handle the songs. I'd really like to see them but they cut them off LOTR for example, didn't they?

"Lews Therin, We're going to steal, the declaration of independence."- Nicholas Morin Tedronai.

3 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"Lews Therin, We're going to steal, the declaration of independence."- Nicholas Morin Tedronai.

. . .Never mind, I would totally watch that.

We definitely need a definitive WoT TV Show thread :D

I'm happy with the cast announced, just hope they don't leave out Thom and Lan!

On 8/14/2019 at 7:18 PM, Eluvianii said:

You know, for some reason Nic Cage as Elyas seems oddly possible.  

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping Lan is another A-lister (would make sense along side Pike), and that Sean Bean is either Aginor or Bathamel, just so he gets to die in another fantasy epic.  :) 

I was hoping Sean Bean could be Lan to break the mold. Also he has the sword skills to be a blademaster by now, I assume.

Edited by Angsos

8 minutes ago, Angsos said:

I was hoping Sean Bean could be Lan to break the mold. Also he has the sword skills to be a blademaster by now, I assume.

That would only scare me that Lan will die in the TV version at some point and way to early :) 

Can someone make/post a side-by-side of cover/fanart for the characters and then who was casted for them?

I'm legally blind and don't look at the cover pics from Audible anyway but from what I gather @BookishOcelotthe cover art, at least us covers are useless. Don't know about other country covers or fanart.