Musica

So, in a WoB, Sanderson says that the reason Kaladin explodes with power every time he speaks a new Ideal is something that will happen to any Windrunner and the reason is their connection to Bondsmiths.

Questioner

What's with Kaladin being special with his oaths that he explodes with power every time he says it?

Brandon Sanderson

That is a function of Windrunners being very close to Bondsmiths, which has certain effects.

Questioner

Would other Windrunners also do that, as well?

Brandon Sanderson

Yep.

Oathbringer release party (Nov. 13, 2017)

Now, these two Orders share the surge of Adhesion. With Dalinar, we've seen him use it to create a Spiritual Connection to learn languages and, at the end of OB, to Connect all three Realms for a short time (though I'm not sure it that was the work of the surge of Adhesion alone or a combined use of Adhesion and Tension. Do we know for sure?)

So, does it mean that whenever Windrunnets swear a new Ideal, they get a momentary heightened access (like a one-time burst) to the Spiritual or Cognitive Realms, and that's why they have this explosion of light/Light and glyphpair appearing around them? And if so, can they make use of it outside of swearing new Ideals?

Thoughts?

*I couldn't find a discussion about it. Hope I'm not repeating things that have been posted before*

1 hour ago, Q10fanatic said:

Didn't Lift do something similar when she swore her third ideal? Or am I misremembering?

No.

"I will listen to those who have been ignored!"

"What?"

I believe what we are seeing is based on the order's proximity to Honor whose power moves through the world of Roshar.

Edited by Karger

4 hours ago, Bigmikey357 said:

I would expect Stonewards to have something similar because they're next to Bondsmiths as well

Didn't really think about it. I interpreted the WoB as saying it's only a Windrunner thing, so I automatically linked it specifically to Adhesion. It would be interesting to see if it really will also apply to Stonewards. If not, perhaps that will be part of the use of a surge most people currently see as kind of useless. Though I still have hopes for Adhesion.

Edited by Musica

1 minute ago, Musica said:

Didn't really think about it. I interpreted the WoB as saying it's only a Windrunner thing, so I automatically linked it specifically to Adhesion. it would be interesting to see it it really will also apply to Stonewards. If not, perhaps that will be part of the use of a surge most people currently see as kind of useless. Though I still have hope for Adhesion.

Go to options and click hide on your previous post.

• Chaos locked this topic