Are Seons splinters?

So I just finished the Stormlight archive(so far) and just barely finished Elantris today. I've also read Mistborn series 1 and 2 and have some questions. 
Splinters are part of a shard that's power was shattered, right? So Those splinters are, in essence, mini gods, right? Or information or energy is given identity and possibly sentience by the ideas of sentient beings?
I don't know. 

However, I do know that despite the philosophy and speculation I have on the existence of splinters, I do want to know your guys' thoughts on if Seons are, in fact, splinters. And feel free to speculate on the other ideas I have. I'd love to hear what others have to say on this. Also, would a Kandra be a splinter, or would they be- - - I have no idea, besides just a non-sentient being, given sentience by someone elses conscience ripped out of them by hemalurgy? 

1 hour ago, Nightwaker.exe said:

So I just finished the Stormlight archive(so far) and just barely finished Elantris today. I've also read Mistborn series 1 and 2 and have some questions. 
Splinters are part of a shard that's power was shattered, right? So Those splinters are, in essence, mini gods, right? Or information or energy is given identity and possibly sentience by the ideas of sentient beings?
I don't know. 

However, I do know that despite the philosophy and speculation I have on the existence of splinters, I do want to know your guys' thoughts on if Seons are, in fact, splinters. And feel free to speculate on the other ideas I have. I'd love to hear what others have to say on this. Also, would a Kandra be a splinter, or would they be- - - I have no idea, besides just a non-sentient being, given sentience by someone elses conscience ripped out of them by hemalurgy? 

Seons like spren can be considered splinters.  If by splinter you mean bit of a shard that broke off at some point(terminology varies).  Kandra are not splinters they are organic beings with a bit of hemalugy added on.

Have you check out the Coppermind?  It's the Cosmere version of Wikipedia, and it's super useful: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Splinter.  

Seons and spren are Splinters.  They are broken-off pieces of a Shard, but that Shard does not have to be Splintered (like Honor, Devotion, etc.).  

Kandra are not Splinters, they're just normal (albeit Shard-created) creatures that are given sentience via Hemalurgy.  There aren't any Splinters from Scadrial, although there are apparently foreign Splinters present in Scadrial's Cognitive Realm.  

10 hours ago, Karger said:

Seons like spren can be considered splinters.  If by splinter you mean bit of a shard that broke off at some point(terminology varies).  Kandra are not splinters they are organic beings with a bit of hemalugy added on.

Thanks! That clears thing up.

1 hour ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Have you check out the Coppermind?  It's the Cosmere version of Wikipedia, and it's super useful: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Splinter.  

Seons and spren are Splinters.  They are broken-off pieces of a Shard, but that Shard does not have to be Splintered (like Honor, Devotion, etc.).  

Kandra are not Splinters, they're just normal (albeit Shard-created) creatures that are given sentience via Hemalurgy.  There aren't any Splinters from Scadrial, although there are apparently foreign Splinters present in Scadrial's Cognitive Realm.  

Thanks! I just checked the Coppermind about it. Glad you could let me know about that amazing treasure trove of knowledge!