Way of Kings Epigraphs Questions

I had a question regarding the meaning of the Chapter 57 epigraph.

The death rattle states, 

"I hold the suckling child in my hands, a knife at his throat, and know that all who live wish me to let the blade slip. Spill its blood upon the ground, over my hands, and with it gain us further breath to draw."

My question is regarding the meaning of this death rattle. Correct me if I am wrong, but death rattles provide both premonitions and also sometimes an insight into a past event?

Further more when Maps dies, he says,

"And all the world was shattered!" Maps yelled, back arching, eyes wide, flecks of red spittle on his cheeks. "The rocks trembled with their steps, and the stones reached toward the heavens. We die! We die!"

Could this be regarding whatever event happened that formed the Shattered Plains? If so, could this be some sort of indication of the use of Dawnshards on Roshar?

27 minutes ago, Kaladin-Stormblessed said:

Could this be regarding whatever event happened that formed the Shattered Plains? If so, could this be some sort of indication of the use of Dawnshards on Roshar?

Most of the death rattles are conjectural.  We don't realy know what most of them mean.  They can be referring to any event in the books, Rosharan history, the future or potential futures that will never happen. 

• Chaos locked this topic