star wars/cosmere cross over

stormbourne

so i am running a star wars campaign, the entire party is two force sensitives, a tank, and a pilot, and so far one of the force sensitives and the pilot have been brandosised

i had a force sensitive meet cultivation

had the pilot become a technomancer skyward style

now the next session will be a one shot with the other two characters, and i wondering what brandosising should i do to them, thinking of making the other force sensitive a elantrian

also im trying to figure out a suitable curse for "a deeper understanding of the force"

Edited by stormbourne

4 hours ago, stormbourne said:

also im trying to figure out a suitable curse for "a deeper understanding of the force"

Not sure which definition of the word you mean, so here’s both!

Angry word curse: Discernment! Or possibly Mastery! or Perception!

Annoying magical curse: A Knight Radiant spren follows them around and has a rather irritating personality, constantly giving them unnecessary and unhelpful advice on everything. And maybe it provides them with a cursed shardblade, kinda like a less intense Nightblood?

Edited by Lunamor

27 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Not sure which definition of the word you mean, so here’s both!

Angry word curse: Discernment! Or possibly Mastery! or Perception!

Annoying magical curse: A Knight Radiant spren follows them around and has a rather irritating personality, constantly giving them unnecessary and unhelpful advice on everything. And maybe it provides them with a cursed shardblade, kinda like a tame Nightblood?

boon and curse like the old magic boon is a deeper understanding of the force but i want a curse as well

1 hour ago, stormbourne said:

boon and curse like the old magic boon is a deeper understanding of the force but i want a curse as well

Physical impairments work.  Try blinding them.  That happens during star wars Rebels(one of their better plot points TBH).

On 8/9/2019 at 10:06 AM, Lunamor said:

Annoying magical curse: A Knight Radiant spren follows them around and has a rather irritating personality, constantly giving them unnecessary and unhelpful advice on everything. 

"Hey! Listen!"

(Okay I know that joke has already been made, but I can't resist).

Edited by Necessary Eagle

On 8/9/2019 at 6:02 AM, stormbourne said:

Super cool to see them Crossover

If one of your players want a deeper understanding of the force you could pull something like Taravangian or Dorian (from Night Angle Series) and make it so they go into a trance every so often that makes them see the universe and the force from a different point of view.

For example while in the middle of running or fighting suddenly the character is slack jawed and contemplating the logical claims of two insects having a dispute somewhere in the universe. Or overlooking the surges of power in the weather to know its about to rain, but had to spend time literally with their mind in the clouds. Things like that.

they would need to roll a will check or something to bring their mind back on task if they want to end the experience early.

it gives them a deeper understanding and the force isnt just limited to powers but binds and connects Everything, but with this it will sometimes not the most opportune times or pertinent information. 

it allows you to give hints or information in visions and the like. 

3 minutes ago, Deathwielded said:

Super cool to see them Crossover

If one of your players want a deeper understanding of the force you could pull something like Taravangian or Dorian (from Night Angle Series) and make it so they go into a trance every so often that makes them see the universe and the force from a different point of view.

For example while in the middle of running or fighting suddenly the character is slack jawed and contemplating the logical claims of two insects having a dispute somewhere in the universe. Or overlooking the surges of power in the weather to know its about to rain, but had to spend time literally with their mind in the clouds. Things like that.

they would need to roll a will check or something to bring their mind back on task if they want to end the experience early.

it gives them a deeper understanding and the force isnt just limited to powers but binds and connects Everything, but with this it will sometimes not the most opportune times or pertinent information. 

it allows you to give hints or information in visions and the like. 

well the way i went was deeper understanding of the force is elentrian needing knowledge checks to perform, and i made the other force sensitive a chromium ferring as they asked to be lucky when they needed it

17 hours ago, stormbourne said:

a chromium ferring as they asked to be lucky when they needed it

Fortune is not luck, it involves seeing the future. Storing/Tapping would not affect a hypothetical roll of the dice, but it would let you, say, run a maze quicker.

Burning Atium and Renarin seeing possible futures is how Fortune works. You could call Vin's extraordinary combat capabilities "lucky" from an outside perspective, but there is no altering of chance itself.

MAG is not canon, and their version of Fortune isn't the one Brandon uses.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/33-arcanum-unbounded-san-francisco-signing/#e2754

Fortune is seeing the future/versions of the future.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/176-oathbringer-chicago-signing/#e8481

Fortune the spiritual attribute and fortune the word might not mean exactly the same thing.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/2-jordancon-2016/#e134

• Chaos locked this topic