Wayne is My Spren

nofrodelius

Yeah yeah, I know that's not how it works... but GOSH, DO I WISH.

I'm new to the forum and (relatively) new to the Cosmere. I read the Mistborn series (all six books) last year and just finished the Stormlight Archive, including Edgedancer. Next on my reading list is Warbreaker and then Elantris.

Professionally, I work as a graphic designer, but during my spare time I am a budding fantasy/sci-fi writer. I've been writing as a hobby since I was in elementary school, and have completed and published a few short stories. Now I'm working on my first novel, and Brandon Sanderson's approach to worldbuilding has been a huge inspiration for that.

You're probably not interested in an autobiography, so here's some fun Cosmere facts about me:

Favorite Sanderson book: Words of Radiance (though Part Five: New Unity of Oathbringer would be my top choice if a section of a book counted)

Favorite Character(s): Wayne, Kaladin, Sazed, Dalinar, Wit/Hoid, Lopen, Shallan (in that order)

Roshar or Scadrial: Roshar, unless I could live specifically in Alloy of Law-era Scadrial

Mistborn, Feruchemist, or Knight Radiant: Mistborn

Number of times Brandon Sanderson has made me cry: TOO MANY

Edited by nofrodelius

10 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Welcome to the Shard! It’s nice to meet you. :) What are the names of some of your stories? And if you had to choose an order of Knight Radiant, which do you think you’d best fit in?

My short stories have all been published in independent zines, though I have a few on the NYC Midnight forum (I'm taking part in the Flash Fiction Challenge again this year) and submitted another short story to several online publishers recently (so here's hoping!). If you really are interested in reading any of my short stories, I'd be happy to send you a link to the documents on my Google Drive!

And if I had to choose an order of Knights Radiant... hm... well, as an artist and someone who loves acting, Lightweaver definitely resonates with me the most. But who doesn't love flying? So the Windrunners would definitely be a near second choice.

Edited by nofrodelius

17 hours ago, nofrodelius said:

But who doesn't love flying? So the Windrunners would definitely be a near second choice.

Come on man. You gotta get it right. It's falling, not flying. ;)

On a side note, welcome to the forums! I just self published my first novel as well. There are a few of us out here who are aspiring writers. Come visit us in the Creator's Corner if you want ideas or to share your insight!

Edited by Xardan Ta'Caran

51 minutes ago, Xardan Ta'Caran said:

Come on man. You gotta get it right. It's falling, not flying. ;)

On a side note, welcome to the forums! I just self published my first novel as well. There are a few of us out here who are aspiring writers. Come visit us in the Creator's Corner if you want ideas or to share your insight!

You caught me on semantics, there. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely check out the Creator's Corner. I can always use feedback and help with brainstorming!