Hoid and Seek

Making the move from Lurker to Contributor

14 posts in this topic

Hi all.  As this tread title suggests, I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, and finally decided that it was time to start contributing to some of the fantastic discussions and theories that this site has collected.

Thanks for the hours of fun from the insightful to the inane. 

Welcome, glad you are here! Your username is awesome. Which of Brandon’s books is your favorite?

Welcome! I love your username. What's your favorite Sanderson series?

Lunamor - I think my favorite series as of now would have to be the Stormlight Archive books, although my introduction to Sanderson's writing was the MIstborn trilogy, and those books still have a special place in my heart.

If I had to rank my favorite Sanderson books, regardless of series, I'd have to say my top 5 are probably the following (although this list may shift around a bit, based on mood and which re-read I'm on)

1) Way of Kings
2) Oathbringer
3) Well of Ascension
4) Elantris
5) Warbreaker

I'm, hello, excuse me, I can't seem to figure out the button combination to get enough social competence points to unlock this feature. How do I uh. . . Do that? (I really like the Stormlight Archive too)

4 minutes ago, Salmon of Doubt said:

I'm, hello, excuse me, I can't seem to figure out the button combination to get enough social competence points to unlock this feature. How do I uh. . . Do that? (I really like the Stormlight Archive too)

What feature do you mean? 

The whole 'contributing to conversations' thing. I've never quite gotten it to work in real life either.

Just now, Salmon of Doubt said:

The whole 'contributing to conversations' thing. I've never quite gotten it to work in real life either.

Mostly it is sharing your opinions, interpretations of things, or things you noticed. You can basically say whatever, so long as it has to do with the topic of conversation. 

1 minute ago, Salmon of Doubt said:

Even if I like bad puns a bit too much?

We have an entire thread for those here, just make sure that they are on topic :P

Edited by Lunamor

Suddenly, a new spark of hope has appeared under my shroud of cynicism and perpetual fear. I feel as if my life is complete.

1 minute ago, Salmon of Doubt said:

Suddenly, a new spark of hope has appeared under my shroud of cynicism and perpetual fear. I feel as if my life is complete.

Yay! I hope you have fun!

I often refer to a specific chapter (the real name of which I have forgotten) as 'The pun boat chapter' amoung my friends, and also anyone who will listen. Hopefully it will be just as punny. I should probably check later though, to avoid death by sister.