Spoilers Question

beetm

Hi,

I'm a very recent addition to your site, and I'm a little worried that I might have joined too soon.

I've finished the Mistborn series, but I'm only halfway through WoK. Now I'm worried that if I go delving around in here I might stumble across some spoilers. 

I'm obviously trying to stay away from that section, but can someone tell me if spoiler threads are marked somehow? What's the danger? Should I come back later?

Thanks.

Each forum only allows spoilers for that series. If a new book is released, then there's a specific spoiler forum for that book, and no spoilers are allowed outside that forum at all for 9 months (for major works, 6 months for smaller ones). Since there hasn't been a Cosmere book out for more than 6 months, no threads require spoiler tags in the title.

If you've read Mistborn Era 2 and Secret History, then you're safe looking through the Mistborn forum. Any of the non-book forums do not allow book spoilers at all (except maybe the Signing/Events threads where people post questions and answers from Brandon) so any of them should be safe.

Here is the full spoiler policy:

Spoiler Policy

Our policy on spoilers depends on what forum you are posting in.

The Brandon News and Discussion and General Dan Discussion forums are non-spoiler forums. You must denote spoiler in the topic title (usually by writing *spoiler* in it), or use spoiler tags.

In General Theories, there are no spoiler notices required, and spoiler tags are extremely discouraged. Read at your own risk.

For an individual book or series forum, spoiler tags must always be used if one is referencing another series (like, if someone is posting in Mistborn, but referencing Stormlight Archive). However, if a book in that series has been out more than six months, spoilers are now permitted in that forum without needing to be tagged. So, for example, there would be a window where Alloy of Law spoilers require a spoiler notification, but a few months later, that would no longer be a problem.

Edited by RShara

I think I should note that Forum Games and Random Stuff may have spoilers. I do believe those threads are supposed to be marked (don't quote me on that though), and usually it hopefully should be easy to tell when a game is Brandon related.