How to get involved

2 minutes ago, I lost my flute said:

Also I see under your name it says you are a kandra, is it possible to change that or is it a rank.

That is your Reputation level. Everyone gets Reputation points to give out (20 per day!) by clicking the yellow arrow in the bottom right of a post you like. Each rank changes what that says.

Hey there, and welcome to the forums! The Shard is without a doubt a great place to get involved with the community, I’d recommend just paying around the forums and finding topics you’re interested in, or maybe creating a thread or two for your pet theories. Remember to read and follow the rules, and you’ll be fine - everyone here is very friendly :D 

If you’re interested in the community side of things, I’d recommend checking out the Discord server, and also taking a look at Sanderson Elimination, which hosts frequent forum mafia games. We’re in the middle of signups for a game right now, and it’s actually a rerun of my first ever game a few years back, so now’s a perfect time to join if you have any interest!

1 minute ago, I lost my flute said:

Also I see under your name it says you are a kandra, is it possible to change that or is it a rank.

That changes as people upvote content you post - the more good content you produce, the more your rank rises. Don’t be too concerned about that - it’s really only supposed to be positive reinforcement, so don’t let it bother you :)

Also, it’s generally recommended to not make 2 consecutive posts on the same thread - if you have more to add, you can edit your post to reflect that instead and prevent clutter. It’s not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind ;)