I lost my flute

How to get involved

10 posts in this topic

Hi I just discovered the 17th shard today. I have read every cosmere book and novella and was wondering how to get involved in all these discussions, they seem very interesting.

Ah, just post anywhere, get to know people. You may want to start in the General Discussion section; Forum Games. There are some really cool people to meet. It's kinda scary at first, but after a few posts you get used to it. :D Anyway, welcome to the Shard!

Also I see under your name it says you are a kandra, is it possible to change that or is it a rank.

Ah, that's the upvote system. You'll see you're a Spren right now, but as you get more upvotes, that'll change into something cooler. 

Also, you typically shouldn't double post. You can just edit the previous post. :)

2 minutes ago, I lost my flute said:

Also I see under your name it says you are a kandra, is it possible to change that or is it a rank.

That is your Reputation level. Everyone gets Reputation points to give out (20 per day!) by clicking the yellow arrow in the bottom right of a post you like. Each rank changes what that says.

Hey there, and welcome to the forums! The Shard is without a doubt a great place to get involved with the community, I’d recommend just paying around the forums and finding topics you’re interested in, or maybe creating a thread or two for your pet theories. Remember to read and follow the rules, and you’ll be fine - everyone here is very friendly :D 

If you’re interested in the community side of things, I’d recommend checking out the Discord server, and also taking a look at Sanderson Elimination, which hosts frequent forum mafia games. We’re in the middle of signups for a game right now, and it’s actually a rerun of my first ever game a few years back, so now’s a perfect time to join if you have any interest!

1 minute ago, I lost my flute said:

That changes as people upvote content you post - the more good content you produce, the more your rank rises. Don’t be too concerned about that - it’s really only supposed to be positive reinforcement, so don’t let it bother you :)

Also, it’s generally recommended to not make 2 consecutive posts on the same thread - if you have more to add, you can edit your post to reflect that instead and prevent clutter. It’s not a huge deal, just something to keep in mind ;) 

Here's the full list if you want to see them all!