Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, Alvron said:

As I said, I need the Market so I can get more Daggers.

If the corrupt one is random, we can pick randomly and have a 1/3 chance.

You have a 1/3 chance of being right, as do I.

If I am correct and it's not random, then I have a 50% chance and you have a 0% chance.

I'll switch to wilson if you want

Edit: ugh. My computer was 4 minutes slow.

Edited by Furamirionind

Turn 2: Mourning in the Senate

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The Coffin’s lid was coarse and unsanded. Yosef already had several splinters in his hand from rubbing it, but the prickling didn’t matter at the moment. Had he ever failed as monumentally as this? Personally delivering poison to the most important mortal in the world? And one of his oldest friends? A prickling and some smeared blood wasn’t enough punishment. And the wood was getting smoother.
The wooden pauper’s coffin had been the only one available on such short notice, this far from the main seat of Elendel. A rough wooden box barely held together by short iron nails. It was meant to last long enough to be dropped into a shallow hole. It didn’t deserve the hero it held, but not deserving what you got seemed to be a theme.
There was a cabinet on the wall of the storage room, and once curiosity got the better of him, he opened it. Harmony wanted to apologize to him it seemed. There was a toolbelt, old and dusty, but with plenty of usable tools. There was a roll of sandpaper and a bag of nails. There was everything he needed.
He started with the sandpaper. Once the spot his hand had rested on was completely smoothed out, he used it as the center of an ever widening circle. Yosef had almost finished when the door opened, revealing a somber Constable Wilson.
“Sir? We’ve found another body. We need you out there.”
He turned back to the coffin and examined the sandpaper. “It’s worn thin Constable. Used up on something it never should have needed to do.” He dropped it to the floor and pulled a hammer and nails from the coffin. “And it’s barely held together. Too much shaking will break it to pieces.”
He heard her walk closer, but refused to turn when she placed a hand on his back. “Yosef, we need to work now. His killers are still out there, and now Senator Auldoun has been killed as well.”
He turned to face her. He usually didn’t notice, but she stood a few inches taller than him. He had always brushed his height away with actions. When you acted larger than life, people tended to look up to you even if it meant they had to take a knee. He wasn’t acting anymore. “Did you poison that wine Wilson?”
She stiffened, and the comfort vanished from her hand. “I believe Altea did sir.”
He noted that the respect was fading from her voice with each word she said. Good. He didn’t deserve it. “She would say the same about you.” He turned away, and positioned a nail above one corner. “I’m not leaving his side Wilson.” He began to hammer. Thud, thud, thud. One nail done. On to the next.
Finally, she spoke again. “That is dereliction of duty in time of Crisis sir. I will ask you one more time, get back to work.”
No one had spoken to him in that tone in years. It was refreshing. “Arrest me constable. But if you want to be effective, don’t try to remove me from this room.” Thud, thud, thud. One more nail should be enough to hold down this corner. He ignored the footsteps of his Detective as she left the room, slamming and locking the door behind her. He ignored the murmuring from the hall outside.
He brought the hammer down on the nail, and left it there. Did it really matter? The hammer slipped from his fingers and clattered against the stone floor. Silently, he wept.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Constable-General Yosef (A Joe in the Bush) was Lynched! He was Just!
Senator Bernette Auldoun (Burnt Spaghetti) was Stabbed! She was Surprised!

Vote Count:
Burnt Spaghetti(1): Snipexe
Furamirionind(1): Elbereth
Rathmaskal(1): Haelbarde
Joe(6): Striker, Bard, Lum, Elandera, Rae, Alvron
Gaea(4): Drake, Fura, Devotary, Kidpen
Wilson(3): Araris, Ark, Fifth

Constable Altea currently has 9 Boxings. Her Boxings will be distributed among whomever votes on a lynched party.

PM’s are open. This turn ends in 24 hours.

You may now pass Boxings and Items to players.

Boxing Prices:
1: Talk to an arrested player without your name being posted.
4: Change someone’s Lynch vote.
2: Change someone’s Election vote.
5: Buy a random item from the Constables. (This price is frozen until Altea has items for sale.)
3: Bribe a player to target someone with their item.
6: Buy a specific item from the Constables. (This price is frozen until Altea has items for sale.)
49: Bribe the Constables to execute all other players. You win. Your team does not.

Player List:

Alive:

Arrested:
A Joe in the Bush - Just Constable

Constables:
xxGaea
Little Wilson

Dead:
Seonid - Betrayed Governor
Burnt Spaghetti - Surprised

1. Alvron
  2. Araris Valerian
  3. Arraenae
  4. Bugsy
  5. Butt Ad Venture
  6. Devotary of Spontaneity
  7. DrakeMarshmallow
  8. Elandera
  9. Elbereth
  10. Fifth Scholar
  11. Furamirionind
  12. Haelbarde
  13. Hemalurgic Headshot
  14. Kidpen
  15. Lumgol
  16. Rathmaskal
  17. RayOfSunshine
  18. Shqueeves
  19. Snipexe
  20. StrikerEZ
  21. Young Bard

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

35 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

If the corrupt one is random, we can pick randomly and have a 1/3 chance.

You have a 1/3 chance of being right, as do I.

If I am correct and it's not random, then I have a 50% chance and you have a 0% chance.

I wanted all three to be up for the lynch.  Then it would've been a 66% chance of getting the corrupt one.  Of course that left it open to bribes but that would reveal one of the elims at very least.

Snip!  You or someone you know killed Burnt!  Why?

6 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I wanted all three to be up for the lynch.  Then it would've been a 66% chance of getting the corrupt one.  Of course that left it open to bribes but that would reveal one of the elims at very least.

Snip!  You or someone you know killed Burnt!  Why?

Why didnt you tie it between 2 people?

What makes you say that about Snip?

I think Kidpen's response to me wasnt made with a village mindset.

Kidpen

Just now, Furamirionind said:

Snip now has the dagger used to kill Burnt. Who ever killed burnt chose to kill someone who had a single vote, and would have known that Snip would get it.

Why didnt you tie it between 2 people?

Because then if neither of them were corrupt we might not have gotten any elim bribes but if all three were tied, they would have to bribe (if they could) to keep them alive.  Assuming they want to keep them alive I suppose.  Maybe they don't mind losing the corrupt constable and are happy we wasted a lynch.

Because Snip is the only vote on Burnt which means he now has the Dagger that killed her.  I find that suspicious.  It's possible that they are an Elim and are passing the Dagger between them or maybe they have a Warrant and are planning to get the Dagger back from Snip before using it again (which is something I planned on doing) but either way, Burnt being killed irks me as I really like Burnt.

Not to mention that killing on D1 is suspicious by itself.  Although it's something I do myself all the time when I can. :P  But I at least target inactives when possible.

Right; if all the lynch discussion is going to happen in the last four hours of the turn, please allow me to clarify that I will not be around for it. *sigh* The Joe lynch, to me, was suspicious as heck, and I’m in agreement with Drake that it was far too easy—however, I don’t clear Drake for pointing this out, as he could easily be corrupt and trying to come out on the right side of history. The Wilson lynch was also too easy at a certain point, and I remain fairly confident that Gaea is the corrupt constable. That said, I’m not placing an immediate vote on her, as it might not be in our best interests to take away our only remaining constable lynch D2. For now, I want to investigate closer into those on the Joe lynch, as at least some of them are evil. 

....well dang. I was really hoping that Joe was going to be corrupt. I don’t want to lose the black market or the PMs. 

Personally, I don’t know why some people have immediately jumped onto a Snip lynch. Yes, it’s highly likely that the elims would truly to pass around the dagger(s) like that...but come on, that’s so obvious. I’d be more worried about elims trying to frame someone to cause a mislynch this way rather than them trying to horde the daggers.

12 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

....well dang. I was really hoping that Joe was going to be corrupt. I don’t want to lose the black market or the PMs. 

Personally, I don’t know why some people have immediately jumped onto a Snip lynch. Yes, it’s highly likely that the elims would truly to pass around the dagger(s) like that...but come on, that’s so obvious. I’d be more worried about elims trying to frame someone to cause a mislynch this way rather than them trying to horde the daggers.

Emphasis mine.

This reads as extreamly insincere. First you say it is highly likely they are correct, then say that's a bad line of reasoning as framing is what we should be more concerned about. The line "I'd be more worried about..." distances you from the discussion as well. It's possible you used that language as you are distancing yourself from Alv and Hael, but regardless, it still reads as insincere.

Emphasis mine.

This reads as extreamly insincere. First you say it is highly likely they are correct, then say that's a bad line of reasoning as framing is what we should be more concerned about. The line "I'd be more worried about..." distances you from the discussion as well. It's possible you used that language as you are distancing yourself from Alv and Hael, but regardless, it still reads as insincere.

Okay, I definitely didn’t write what I meant very well. I was trying to say that the easiest way for the elims to get kills is by passing the dagger around amongst them selves by having one person be the only vote on a player and then killing that player. But I feel like that’s way too obvious, basically expected, and almost guaranteed to get the recipient of the dagger suspected (as has happened to Snip). 

As for trying to distance myself, I’m just trying to be cautious. Maybe Snip really is an elim and they really did plan this out. Maybe they were hoping that they could get away it it. Personally, I don’t think I’d do that as an elim, but there are many people who would. And I think that, unless the elims made a mistake by using the strategy of killing the player one of them has voted on, it’s far more likely that the elims realized what would happen if they did and planned ahead to frame someone. Doesn’t mean I’m hard-clearing, or even soft-clearing, Snip. I just think it’d be better to take a look at other targets first. 

17 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Okay, I definitely didn’t write what I meant very well. I was trying to say that the easiest way for the elims to get kills is by passing the dagger around amongst them selves by having one person be the only vote on a player and then killing that player. But I feel like that’s way too obvious, basically expected, and almost guaranteed to get the recipient of the dagger suspected (as has happened to Snip). 

As for trying to distance myself, I’m just trying to be cautious. Maybe Snip really is an elim and they really did plan this out. Maybe they were hoping that they could get away it it. Personally, I don’t think I’d do that as an elim, but there are many people who would. And I think that, unless the elims made a mistake by using the strategy of killing the player one of them has voted on, it’s far more likely that the elims realized what would happen if they did and planned ahead to frame someone. Doesn’t mean I’m hard-clearing, or even soft-clearing, Snip. I just think it’d be better to take a look at other targets first. 

What is your opinion of Snipexe then?

@Snipexe as apperantly neither person voting on you decided to tag you, please explain why someone would intentionally send you a dagger. Thanks!

Edit:

@Haelbarde did you ever explain why you voted on Rath last cycle? 

I suspect El is village. (Based on a wild theory, and not analysis)

Edited by Furamirionind

7 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

What is your opinion of Snipexe then?

My opinion is that I don’t trust or suspect him. Did he even post D1?

I’m about to leave for work right now, but I’ll go back and analyze his posts, if he has any, when I get home. 

52 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Personally, I don’t know why some people have immediately jumped onto a Snip lynch.

It's Alv and I playing up our annoyance at Burnt being taken out of the game day 1 for seemingly no reason. Alv and Burnt get on, and were likely to murderise people together if they got daggers. Burnt's also my sister, so I was hoping to work together with her this game. It's annoying then that we can't.

Plus, this just a poke vote. A threat of lynch to encourage someone to answer a specific question. Given this game needs two votes for a lynch, poke votes should come in pairs anyway.

21 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Haelbarde did you ever explain why you voted on Rath last cycle?

I didn't get to before rollover. I'll quote that post so I can explain what I was thinking at the time.

I feel like I'd honestly rather not vote on any of the constables. We can live with 10-15% uncertainty in results for a little while. Rereading the writeup, because I'm sure that Joe left clues in the writeup, Wilson could well be the culprit, given that Altea survived a sip. I feel like Joe'd also do so to mess with Wilson. But as Wilson's PR Agent, I am not willing to actually put a vote on her in this game.

With only a few hours left, I want to poke the inactives:  @Bugsy,  @Arraenae, @Rathmaskal 

Rathmaskal - you've been on since cycle started? Any thoughts at all?

I didn't want to vote on any of the constables, at least not yet. I was hoping that if we gave it a cycle or two we might get a few more hints from writeups, or there's a chance that we could glean info from any corrupted senators, if we find them. But with only a few hours to go, there wasn't much I could do about the lynch. I mean, if someone else decided to join me on voting on someone, maybe, but that was unlikely with 2.5ish hours to go. Figured there was a chance maybe to at least try and get the inactives involved, make sure they knew the game had started - looks like Rae at least hadn't, so it did actually achieve something productive. Why Rath specifically - I've played with Bugsy and Rae before, but I've not played a full game with Rath before (I don't think?) so to me they're an unknown. Bugsy and Rae had been ofline for the better part of a day so seemed less likely to get on, whereas Rath had been online in the last 6 hours, and had been posting elsewhere I believe. There was little reason for them not to have seen that the game was active, or to have looked at the thread to see what's happening.  Felt like they'd be more likely to respond. If they'd turned up, I'd have removed the vote, which really, didn't achieve much in the first place, given we need 2 votes to lynch anyway. The final aspect to it was I think it's important to have a vote down as much as possible. It can help provide information if everyone is consistently voting, and in this game, if we have votes spread out, it's much easier to keep items in play if we have dagger deaths, which turns out we ended up with...

54 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

@Snipexe as apperantly neither person voting on you decided to tag you, please explain why someone would intentionally send you a dagger. Thanks

Sorry for the delay in response.

I didn’t kill Burnt. I did obviously get her dagger, and the dagger I got was called “JointheAlleyVerse” This is either a set up for Ark, seeing as that’s not how he spells Alleyverse and he said that’s what he would call a dagger before the game or Ark  was trying to set me up for the lynch. @RayOfSunshine, care to explain?

*snore* *snor-- ack, ack snnNRRK! 

Huh? What? A Dagger used already?

So first of all, why is Joe dead? I don't remember that being discussed while I was on. Second, Snip has Burnt's dagger. 

1. I agree with Fifth that this sudden Joe bandwagon is incredibly suspicious. Striker, Bard, Lum, Elandera, Rae, and Alv. I'm going to slide Bard and... Rae? into my suspects pile for now. Alv is less suspicious right now because

2. Burnt is dead, Burnt and Alv were buddies, and Burnt is Village. Being the only vote on your target is a sure way of getting your dagger back. Or, as others have suggested, this a Hot Potato Dagger being passed among Elims. If this Dagger is not named 'Hot Potato' I will be sorely disappointed.

Ninja'd by Snip.

I am sorely disappointed. 

Extra point of fun, because yesterday was fun; in case people didn’t realise from the vote count, my vote got knocked off Gaea and onto Wilson. Seems even more suspicious to me now, and I would actually like to rescind my statement at the beginning of the cycle. I think I’m fine with a Gaea lynch today, but will still wait because killing a person might be useful too. 

Currently, I’m in agreement with Fura that Striker feels off; the opposition to Snipexe’s lynch was just weirdly worded, and his role in helping lynch Joe yesterday is another point against him. On the other end of the spectrum, at the risk of getting pocketed by her again, I think Devotary looks relatively clean from yesterday’s lynch and would like to see more from her. 

1 minute ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

I am sorely disappointed. 

You are sorely disappointed? The way I play this game revolves around PMs, and the first time i'm in a game with someone similar, they die C1. :sob:

That was Ark's only post so far. Its not a bad post, and we have seen Ark become more active in recent games. He and Burnt have had no interactions.

The only link between Ark and Burnt, is that Ark and Snipexe are both members of the alleyverse, and Snip voted on Burnt. However, I don't think it particularly likely that this link is relevant at all.
Burnt never voted, but I don't think that is something Ark would care about.
But I will say this, it would be very much like Ark to claim a name beforehand, and then follow through with that claim, even if it outs him.

I definitely want to hear what Ark has to say about this...

3 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

2. Burnt is dead, Burnt and Alv were buddies, and Burnt is Village. Being the only vote on your target is a sure way of getting your dagger back. Or, as others have suggested, this a Hot Potato Dagger being passed among Elims. If this Dagger is not named 'Hot Potato' I will be sorely disappointed.

Two points of order:

- we have no idea if Burnt was village. Now from my PMs with her I reckon she was probably village her but she knows how to manipulate and read me so that doesn't mean a whole lot. 

- Snipexe can't have been the one to use the dagger. You can't keep items you use successfully. If he had used it, the dagger would have gone to the constables instead, and we'd be able to see it in the blackmarket, where we see there are none (someone got the dagger from the shop then it seems).

Burnt could be an elim, you guys realize (just saw that Hael pointed this out). I'm going to vote on HH because only an elim could know Burnt was village, if she indeed was village.

I want to kill Wilson as the last Constable, but maybe we should wait a cycle or two for that.

12 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I want to kill Wilson as the last Constable, but maybe we should wait a cycle or two for that.

why?

edit: I agree we should wait at least 1 cycle, but why Wilson? I am far more suspicious of Gaea.
Speaking of who I am suspicious of, the GMs have taken up far too much of our discussion time. Time to start talking about players.
I'm at work, but I'll write something up over lunch.

Edited by Furamirionind