Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

5 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

While we're on the subject... Is it possible to have multiple daggers / is it possible to start with multiple daggers?

In the first run it was possible to have more than one dagger.  At one point I had two and was on the verge of getting a third before being jailed. So close, so very, very close.

Joe, is unlimited actions allowed this game?  Can we bribe and stab and Drink Hael's Whiskey on the same turn again?
If I vote on a player and kill them but am the only voter, what happens to the Dagger?
If I bribe Orlok to vote on Maill and I stab both Maill and Orlok while I also vote on Orlok, what happens to the Daggers?  Do I get the one the I used on Maill back since it passed through Orloks hands before returning to mine?

You can use as many actions as you have items.

If no one votes on a stabbed player, uh, hrrmmm. . . I think you would get, all of Mailliw's items, including the dagger you killed him with, and all of Orlok's items, except the dagger, and Constable Altea Meza would probably take the dagger you stabbed Orlok with. Assuming no one else had voted on those players.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:40 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

Yes, I am tracking the items individually. (The player's who start with an item get to name it.)
Constables cannot be killed, only lynched.

naming a dagger would be the best thing to ever happen to me :P

I'm just imagining the look on someones face when they get ahold of the item "JoinTheAlleyverse" or "WouldYouLikeACookie". Then they stab someone with propaganda :P

Sign me up as Senator Mike Onde, known throughout the Senate for that one time he was caught napping during a vote his diligence and care.

Mike is out for the week and will be represented by his beleaguered aid, Annie Botaneaux.

8 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

About 14 hours left to sign up for control of Elendel!

*laughs maniacally* 

Also, not sure how active I'll be for the next four days or so. I'm driving and I'll be at Universal Studios for two days. Limited internet access.

When Gadriel had been elected, he'd created quite the stir. He was unable to finish any sentence without rhyming it with the previous one, even if it didn't make sense...fur. Many of his opponents in the election had assumed he would've been considered unfit for the position, something the voters should've seen. However, it seems that they were wrong, for many voters found his rhyming charming and keen. 

~

I don't know why this is my RP character, but here we go. His only personality trait is that he has to rhyme every sentence. :P

Constable Altea Meza carefully counted out 19 Boxings into her palm, then turned her bag inside out. She reached into her pockets, grabbed the seams and pulled them out as well. Her pouches, of which there were many, went next. Random items of both personal and occupational nature fell to the counter. Sage, handcuffs, a folded envelope, a baton, a flask of whiskey, a keyring. Not a single Boxing more was added to the pile. She grinned at the old Skaa shopkeep. “Alright then, put the Moscato back, I’ll take just the Chardonnay.” She began to repack her pouches and pockets as the woman bent and carefully counted out each of the 19 Boxings. 
She glided out of the store, her smile immediately dropping once she was out of sight. 19 Boxings for a single bottle? The governor better appreciate this wine. That was the rest of her funds for the week, unless her black market contacts decided they wanted to buy some of the contraband from the evidence lockup again.
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅
Constable Kay Wilson held the bottle up to eye level and stared. “Why is there a sip taken out of this bottle Altea?” 
“I had to taste it to make sure it was fit for Governor Shreeves table Ma’am.” Wilson had been on the force long enough to immediately identify the fakeness behind the Junior Constable’s winning smile, but it was a suitable reason.
“And?”
“And what?” 
The girl’s sheer charisma worried her. The woman could have been a star of any Opera. Most of the constables her age were bespotted with her. It was one of the primary reasons Yoseph put her under Wilson’s jurisdiction. Wilson scowled at her. “And was the wine suitable for the Governor?”
“It was Ma’am. May I be excused? I need to relieve Constable Peng at the Evidence Lockup.” She saluted, still smiling, but showing every bit of respect and decorum that Wilson deserved. She had to remind herself that Altea did that to literally everyone on the Force.
“Very well Altea. Dismissed.” The woman turned and practically floated from the room. Scratch Opera, the constable could have been the Prima Donna of any Ballet.
Constable Kay Wilson examined the Wine again, then poured it into a prepared Aluminum Glass for the Governor. 
When someone knocked on the main door, Constable-General Yosef Busshu scanned all three exits to the room. Beneath two, he could see twin pairs of Constable’s boots beneath them. Under the main door, three pairs. So this probably wasn’t a distraction or an attack. Probably. Gripping his baton, he rose. “Excuse me Governor, I need to get the door.” The Governor just waved a hand at him, still reading a missive that had been sent to him. Yosef was pretty sure it was a list of people who had had lunch with Senator Binks in the past month.
He positioned himself at the side of the door, then cracked it open. “Who’s there?”
“Wilson sir.” He heard the floor creak as she leaned in and whispered. “Moss on the Rocks.”
“Wood and Sand.” Not a Kandra, actually Wilson. Not a no good Senator either. “Come in.”
She opened the door more, but stood outside holding a silver tray and Aluminum cup. “The wine you ordered sir. Chardonnay, the Governor’s favorite.”
He nodded, and took the tray. “Good work Constable. Dismissed.” She saluted, then shut the door behind her. Yoseph looked to the Governor, still standing with his back to him, reading a missive. Hopefully Samiel Shreeves would appreciate a drink in this stressful time.
Governor Samiel Shreeves dropped the Missive onto his desk and dropped onto his chair. “Even if we find all of them, the people’s faith in their government is ruined Yosef. How exactly do we restore it?”
Yosef carefully set a goblet of something golden on the table. “We will celebrate, and we will invite the city to celebrate with us sir. And then perhaps remind them of the Economic threat posed by Doriel City.”
Samiel smiled and picked up the glass. “Blood and Circuses, of course.” He tipped back his glass and swallowed once. “I’d offer you a drink, but I’m getting tired of people saying no to me when I’m generous.”
Yosef smiled grimly. “As much as I would love some sir, I must maintain an example to the others.”
“Spoilsport.” He swirled the metal glass and watched the ripples dance across the golden liquid. “Are you sure this is Chardonnay General?” He took another sip.
“It is what I ordered my Constables to buy for you sir. I trust Wilson and Meza to accomplish that much.”
Samiel took another drink, then scratched his tongue and examined the nail. “It has a taste to it, like an odd spice.” He tried to lean an elbow onto his desk, but missed. He stumbled and tried to stand up, but the floor was tilting beneath him now. His desk suddenly slid away from him, falling up the slope of the floor. Strong hands grabbed him under his shoulders. Someone was yelling. Understandable given the bucking of the floor and walls. It became too much for him, and he vomited. 
Someone was dragging him upright, and then his chair kicked him in the back of the knees and he fell into it. All he could see was the spice of the wine on his tongue. All he could hear was the white of the envelopes singing blasphemies. All he could taste was oblivion.
Governor Seonid was Killed!

Note that several changes have been made to the boxings Rules: Notably, there are only 3ish boxings per person, rather than 5. Prices for boxings will fluctuate based on demand, and you can only use one of each possible boxing action per turn. (Changing a lynch vote and changing a Election vote are now 2 different actions.) Also, Search Warrant no longer steals boxings.
Please reread the Rules. Changes have been made in Bold and Purple.

Constable Altea currently has 0 Boxings, 1 Whiskey, 1 Ledger, and 1 Dagger.

PM’s are open. Role PM’s are being sent out. This turn ends in 24 hours.

Player List:

Alive:

Arrested:

Constables:
A Joe in the Bush
xxGaea
Little Wilson

Dead:
Seonid

1. Alvron
  2. Araris Valerian
  3. Arraenae
  4. Bugsy
  5. Burnt Spaghetti
  6. Butt Ad Venture
  7. Devotary of Spontaneity
  8. DrakeMarshmallow
  9. Elandera
  10. Elbereth
  11. Fifth Scholar
  12. Furamirionind
  13. Haelbarde
  14. Hemalurgic Headshot
  15. Kidpen
  16. Lumgol
  17. Rathmaskal
  18. RayOfSunshine
  19. Shqueeves
  20. Snipexe
  21. StrikerEZ
  22. Young Bard

• Alvron locked and unpinned this topic

Ladies, Gentlemen and any Immortal Kandras that may be hiding among us, lend me your ears.  Our beloved Governor has been killed and we need to find those responsible before the same fate befalls us.  I offer myself, Alron, for your consideration as the next Governor.  I have some limited experience in this field and can assure each and every one of you that I will not rest until we purge the corruption from our ranks.

Right, lets get started.

First of all, am I the only one who found it weird that the elims don’t get a kill? Maybe the last run of this game will elucidate, there’s a chance I’ll get around to reading it, but my guess is that the elims start with a bunch of knives. I’m having a hard time thinking of another way to balance it, although I also suspect Joe could easily have dreamed up something that hasn’t occurred  to me yet.

Anyways, we should probably start voting. I’m a bit more okay with a no lynch this cycle than usual, since I suspect the elims can’t technically make any progress until lynches start happening. But, I would prefer to have a legitimate lynch discussion, regardless of whether we actually follow through. And I am also quite partial to getting moar loot. Bard @Young Bard, what do you think? Do you believe it makes sense to lynch somebody this cycle?

There is also the matter of another kind of voting entirely. I think that DrakeMarshmallow guy seems like he could do a bang up job of being governor (plus I’m the only one I actually trust at this point, although I don’t expect that to make a difference to any of you :P). My pitch:

• I’ll be pretty active, regardless of how this goes
  • While I’ve admittedly been itching for a chance to change this, I’m historically really quite bad at concealing myself as an evil, if being bad at something can even count as a selling point
  • For most cycles, a difference of three votes is able to swing the lynch. Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of this happening too often. If you want somebody to use the governor role to its fullest extent every cycle, probably look elsewhere. But if you would prefer the governor use the role only rarely when they feel it is particularly important, that is what I’m planning to do.
  • I am the senate

Seriously though, in a game where you can take any number of actions in a single cycle, voting parity is important. Choose your governor carefully.

@A Joe in the Bush is it possible to elect constables as governor? :P

Why hello there. If I had to guess, Altea Meza poisoned the wine. Could be the corrupt constable, but if we killed her, well, there'd be no more items, right? I'm sure we'd surprise Joe if we Day 1'd the black market :P

I'll start by throwing my support behind Senator Elentari (Elbereth) for Governor.  

Edited by Haelbarde

I reckon that that gal uhhh whats her name... miss set it all on fire. oh yeah. Bernette Auldoun (thas me!)  would make a good governor cause she'd  yknow do a lot of thinking? and then no one would be arrested cause shes the indecisivest one who definitely would make full use of that power and all that mhm. yep. that old fellow talks too properly  and that other fellow talks too logically. Ill bring chaos and probably will vote incorrectly always!

Yeah i don't want to be govenor and ill hiss at anyone that nominates me, just throwing that out there! :P

I... uhhh... I don't think I'd do a great job at being Governor, if I'm being honest. That said, my friend Mr Mannequin here seems to disagree.

"Hey everybody! I'm here to tell y'all you oughta be votin' for this here Senator Ventrilis for guvnor - there ain't a finer Senator around, I'm tellin' ya. With him in place, you're sure to have them there Corrupt Senators quaking in their boots, you will. The fine Senator over there (Drake) asked him if he'd be willin' to be doin' what needs to be done, and I can tell you with confidence that he can - let's string up them blasted corrupt Senators, and the sooner the better! Now, this here Corrupt Constable what poisoned the old guvnor is worrying - it ain't gonna be easy, with the fear whatever news we hear is just the words of one of them lies pouring into our ears, but I ain't see no way round that without stringing up the lot of 'em, and we need one alive, at least, because otherwise we'd need to do some proper work ourselves - I mean, we'd lose a valuable asset to the community. Speaking of valuable assets, I hear that Ventrilis here is running for guvnor, and he'd do a mighty fine job at it, let me tell you. He's the finest there is, I say, bold as brass - not a Soother, but has the skills of one if you leave him in a room with someone for long enough. The only decent candidate, I say."

Hmmmmmmm... huh? Oh right, the new Governor. Tsk, tsk, so many voting for themselves. A bit conceited, yes? 

Yet, this Haelbarde fellow is humble/noble enough to nominate another! I would almost congratulate them. But what if they are simply trying to set up one of their comrades? Convenient for the Governor to be one of your own faction, yes?

But maybe... possibly... this Haelbarde knows that something so obvious would expose not only themself but also their compatriot? What then, if this nomination is purely innocent without a hint of malice or conspiracy?

*cough* 

I am too fond of rhetorical questions.

Okay, let us begin. 

First, I’d like to say that I think we should lynch the Constable General Yosef. We need the lynch results every day to be accurate, and we can’t do that unless we start lynching some Constables. As for why we would lynch the great Constable General Yosef, I think it’s because the other two have more important mechanics to keep around. I like my PMs, and I’m pretty sure all of us want to keep the black market around. 

@A Joe in the Bush If the corrupt constable is lynched, is there still a 5% chance they show up as not corrupt?

49 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Hmmmmmmm... huh? Oh right, the new Governor. Tsk, tsk, so many voting for themselves. A bit conceited, yes? 

Yet, this Haelbarde fellow is humble/noble enough to nominate another! I would almost congratulate them. But what if they are simply trying to set up one of their comrades? Convenient for the Governor to be one of your own faction, yes?

But maybe... possibly... this Haelbarde knows that something so obvious would expose not only themself but also their compatriot? What then, if this nomination is purely innocent without a hint of malice or conspiracy?

*cough* 

I am too fond of rhetorical questions.

Have you not seen Pirates of the Caribbean?

Fun Fact: There are people learning to drive cars who were born after The Curse of the Black Pearl was released...

It's be a *very* long time since El and I played the same game, and it's been rare that we've had an opportunity to work together. I trust her to be a sensible Governor, and she'll do a better job than I.

Edited by Haelbarde

Hello one and all. I really have nothing to say, but say something I will. I am going to put my vote for Governor behind Butt Ad Venture , as I’m curious what they will do with the power. I do think voting for yourself is a bit of a power grab, but it’s also something I don’t think an elim would do because it draws quite a bit of attention to themself.

The Governor, in regards to the elims is quite an interesting role. Because their primary method of winning will likely be through Lynches and daggers, it would make sense for them to make a big push for the Governor role, so they can have the ability to control the lynch. However, this is exactly why I would doubt they would go for it. It’s such an obvious move, and because of which, the Governor will likely be the first  player analyzed/scanned. It’s really in the elims favor to avoid the role of Governor at all costs to avoid an alignment scan, and the added pressure and attention that would come with being in the limelight.

It’s because of this fact that I’m going to put a vote on Burnt Spaghetti. Their desire to not be elected, though it could be personal preference, is enough to get a vote from me.

5 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

@A Joe in the Bush is it possible to elect constables as governor? :P

Nope. Only Nobility can be the Governor, and we're all Commoners.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

@A Joe in the Bush If the corrupt constable is lynched, is there still a 5% chance they show up as not corrupt?

The 5% chance per vote on them only applies to Players. Any constable lynched will have their true alignment shown.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

1 minute ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

The 5% chance per vote on them.only applies to Players. Any constable lynched will have their true alignment shown.

Oh, so if 2 people voted on someone and they get lynched, there’d be a 10% chance their alignment would be shown incorrectly?

Hi, I'm here. Wont be active until later tonight, as im at my theater right now. 

I like that Drake makes a good arguement as to why he should be elected. Though this makes me nervous that he is an elim...

Granted, it's probably unlikely, as you dont need to be governor to flip a vote. There is likely going to be a very specific elim voting strategy this game, which could help with that.

The 5% is nominal. 1 out of 20 times this person dies, are they falsely revealed. Therefore, unless we have specific reason to think otherwise, we should assume the lynch results are correct.

I think people with daggers should claim. That will give us an idea of how many are out there, and info on who can kill people. That will help narrow down any kills made tonight.

Hmmm... We either want many more than 10 people to vote on the lynch candidate, or many fewer than 10 people - otherwise the lynch results are useless.

And we don't need those with daggers to claim - that's likely to lead to bribing, and we know already there should be about four, based on the notes in the rules. 3 currently in circulation, plus one held by the Constable, if I'm not mistaken.