Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

Rath is at least semi active in the other game, and completely inactive here. Therefore, I doubt he is an elim.

As for other inactives, HH and Shqueeves look far more likely to me. Granted, HH normally plays with similar levels of activity, and Shqueeves... idk him or how he plays very well.

I am kind of wondering about Araris. If people we believe to be elims tried to bus him, I'd guess he is an elim. However, only Fifth has really gone after him from a quick skim, so idk.

We have 11 people left. Assuming an elim got the dagger from the black market, and we do a 3-way tie between the inactives, that's 4 deaths. That brings us down to 7.

List of believed elims:
Lumgol
Alv/El
Rae
Kidpen

So... we should have 1-2 elims left. Though I won't rule out having 3, just because the elims seem seriously underpowered this game. We have quite a bit of time then, so i'm not concerned who we lynch really.

Shqueeves

Edit: Hmm, I think I'd need to relook at Rae. I'm least confident in her alignment.

Edited by Furamirionind

I could get behind a Shqueeves lynch, if we’re killing an inactive. As for Governor, I’m getting power-hungry, and with little else to do right now, Drake Fifth. I promise to be a caring and respectable Governor, who the people will all love but never fear, because who wants to be afraid of the government? 

Sorry for the double-post; I’m changing a vote, however, and didn’t want to edit. Shqueeves, Araris, as his status as an initial Wilson voter in the lynch that killed her remains a mark against him, and I’d rather kill an inactive who’d done something at least mildly incriminating. 

4 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Edit: Hmm, I think I'd need to relook at Rae. I'm least confident in her alignment.

Rae is in jail. It is 90% probable that she was corrupt.

Personally, I kind of remember having a reason I slightly trusted Araris, so I would sooner lynch shqueeves, but I wouldn’t really mind lynching any inactive. I figure we’re bound to catch the last elim in the next couple cycles.

Also @everyone there will almost certainly be a governor elected today, so I am going to ask people to weigh in on that.

Okay. So, first off, let’s do some votes. Drake Araris

Also, uh, I meant to post this hours ago, but apparently didn’t hit submit. Oops.

I think we should probably lynch both Araris and Shqueeves. Both of them are at least slightly inactive, and Araris’s posts (the few he does have) just seem odd to me. 

Oh, if you insist :P

Drake.

I promise I will use it for a good cause.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think we should probably lynch both Araris and Shqueeves.

You are probably right. If we are basically just trying to lynch our way through all of the less active suspects, then this will be much faster. To avoid dragging the game out as we randomly lynch our way through low activity players, I’m okay with doing this, although I still harbor some of my earlier concerns about tied lynches.

• Alvron locked this topic

Turn 10: “I didn’t expect to have to think of 10+ things to happen in the Senate” in the Senate
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

To be added.

Mr. Senator (Araris) was Lynched! He was Redundant.
Senator Senator (Shqueeves) was Lynched! He was Redundantly Redundant.
Prince Machi A. Velli (Fifth Scholar) was Stabbed! He was Necessary.

Lynch Vote Tally
Shqueeves(2): Drake, Fura
Araris(2): Striker, Fifth
Fifth(1): Drake

Yes, Drake is here twice. I'm currently looking into how to resolve this mess.

Election Vote:
Fura(1): Fura
Drake(2): Drake, Striker
Fifth(1): Fifth

Constable Altea currently has 7 Boxings, the Warrant known as GimmeYerStuff,, the Dagger known as JointheAlleyverse, and an Unnamed Whiskey.

The Governor vote only requires 3 votes this turn for an election.

Boxing Prices:
1: Talk to an arrested player without your name being posted.
2: Open a PM with a player for the rest of the game.
4: Change someone’s Lynch vote.
1: Change someone’s Election vote.
5: Buy a random item from the Constables. 
1: Bribe a player to target someone with their item.
5: Buy a specific item from the Constables. 
40: Bribe the Constables to execute all other players. You win. Your team does not.
Note: The Execution Win con will never drop below 40 Boxings.

Player List:

Alive:
Butt Ad Venture
DrakeMarshmallow
Furamirionind
Haelbarde
Hemalurgic Headshot
Rathmaskal
Snipexe
StrikerEZ

Arrested:
A Joe in the Bush - Just Constable
Lumgol - Kleptomaniac
RayOfSunshine - Jolly
Wilson - Righteous Constable
Alvron - Impenitent
Kidpen - Childish
Bugsy - Heroic
Arraenae - Lazy
Elandera - Sentimental
Young Bard - Mute
Araris - Redundant.
Shqueeves - Redundantly Redundant.

Constables:
xxGaea - Alive, Unstoppable, and EVIL

Dead:
Seonid - Betrayed Governor
Burnt Spaghetti - Surprised
Elbereth - Quick-Witted
Devotary - Bemused
Fifth Scholar - Necessary.

Well dang. I scanned Fifth as village, and now he’s dead. @A Joe in the Bush Shouldn’t the ledger I used to scan him be in the market?

Also, there only 8 of us left right now. At least one of Venture, Hael, HH, Rath, and Snip has to be evil. I say we go ahead and lynch Butt Ad Venture

And at this point we need the governor to guarantee our lynches aren’t messed with, so Drake

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well dang. I scanned Fifth as village, and now he’s dead. @A Joe in the Bush Shouldn’t the ledger I used to scan him be in the market?

Also, there only 8 of us left right now. At least one of Venture, Hael, HH, Rath, and Snip has to be evil. I say we go ahead and lynch Butt Ad Venture

And at this point we need the governor to guarantee our lynches aren’t messed with, so Drake

Fifth was stabbed. His items went to drake, who voted on him.

7 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Fifth was stabbed. His items went to drake, who voted on him.

Oh yeah, I forgot that’s how that worked. 

Also, was one of me or Drake’s votes bribed off of voting Drake for governor?

[Whomst stumbles into the room, legs covered in mud up to the knees, scratches and dirt all over his body. There is a twig sticking out of his hair. He says nothing, yet his apprehensive scan of the remaining senators is brief.]

This has been a quiet cycle. Which means there's less for me to catch up on. There's only one lynch candidate it seems, so might as well vote on him. Butt Ad Venture.

Hey hey hey! Why me? Is it just a random inactive lynch? Because I’m totally not inactive! If anyone how about someone truly inactive....like...Rathmaskal! I believe that he would be a better choice. And look! To prove that I’m a better choice I’m willing to vote Drake for Governor!

3 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Hey hey hey! Why me? Is it just a random inactive lynch? Because I’m totally not inactive! If anyone how about someone truly inactive....like...Rathmaskal! I believe that he would be a better choice. And look! To prove that I’m a better choice I’m willing to vote Drake for Governor!

That’s enough to get my vote Butt Ad Venture

Senator Sheev, soon to be governor Sheev, prepared nervously to address the chambers of the senate. His voice began with a waver and picked up strength as he continued speaking.

”Friends, we stand at the dawn of an exciting new order.

For too long, this government has been choked by corruption and petty agendas, defanged by the weak-stomached, and paralyzed by bureaucracy and policy gridlocks. No longer.

For too long, this people has languished under incompetent taxation of the outer basin, restrictive legislation oppressing the practice of allomancy, and worst of all bad interior design decisions. No longer!

It’s a brave new world. Unfortunately, not one you will be around to see.”

He stared intently at Constable Altea, an insane gleam in his eye. He had been waiting to utter these words for a while.

”The time has come. Execute order sixty six.”

• Alvron locked this topic

Nightfall:
Senator Gaius shivered as his shoveled documents, warrants, ledgers and even clothes into the fireplace. It wouldn’t be enough. Too much of the Senate believed he had sold out the Governor, which he had, even though they didn’t have any evidence against him. He hadn’t had enough time to pin it all on Senator Glacior, put he still had an ace up his sleeve. Constable-General Altea Meza had been promoted because of him. She owed him everything. He sat and watched as everything burned, waiting for her to arrive. He didn’t have much money left, but he hoped it would be enough to extend her Loyalty for just a bit longer. 
The fire was almost down to embers when the door opened and Altea strolled in. “Heya boss. Any last minute requests?”
Gaius poked through the embers, making sure nothing survived the blaze. “Yes. I’m prepared to pay you 5 boxings to smuggle me out of the Senate.” He tossed his purse to her.
She smirked and made no move as the purse bounced off her and landed on the floor. “5 Boxings Gaius? Is that what you are down to?” She stepped forward, letting her baton slide from her belt to her hand. “The last ally of the infamous Binks. The last apprentice of the great Alron. The last Senator to die this day.”
Gaius stepped back and stared in horror at the Baton. It had, stuff, on it. He couldn’t even say what it was. Brown and red coated it. “You can’t just throw away everything we’ve worked for Altea! We’ve come so far together! You owe me! I already paid you earlier to protect my life!”
She laughed, a high maniacal laugh that went soft and loud as she walked up to him. “I don’t owe you a thing Gaius.” She took a final step forward and jammed her baton against his throat. He gripped the baton with both hands and pushed desperately, but couldn’t move her an inch.
“I was never loyal to anything but money. Goodbye Gaius.”

—-

Emperor Sheev stepped down from the balcony, ignoring the cheers, boos, and shouts coming from the crowd. Two Pewter-arms loyal to Altea stepped up behind him, following him to ensure his safety. Altea herself was leaning against the wall, smirking at him. “Nice speech Emperor. Pretty clever blaming everyone’s death on Yosef. So believable that he would murder his best friend and everyone who supported him.”
He walked past her, and once she fell into step behind him, replied. “The media always painted him as violent with a tendency for overkill. The people will believe he was unstable enough to do it, and most of the ones who knew otherwise are already dead. In fact, I’d say the only one who could prove otherwise is you.” He stopped and turned to face her. As always, she was smirking.
“General Altea, do you plan to depose me? Take control yourself?”
“Of course not. Do all the paperwork myself? Do as you wish Sheev. Just keep me in Luxury, and I’ll keep you in power.”
He didn’t trust her. As far as he knew, every single person who had trusted her had been betrayed and murdered by her. Other than the ones he himself had killed before she got the chance. “Good. We understand each other.” He turned back, and continued away. There were more things to be done, and it would take Harmony themself to stop him now.

Emperor Sheev (Drake Marshmallow) was Corrupt! He slew Fifth Scholar and claimed his boxings, he slew Devotary and claimed her Boxings, he bribed his own vote to be exactly where he would get the most boxings in each and every lynch! In the end, he Bribed Constable xxGaea to execute Butt Ad Venture, Furamirionind, Haelbarde, Hemalurgic Headshot, Rathmaskal, Snipexe, StrikerEZ, A Joe in the Bush, Lumgol, RayOfSunshine, Wilson, Alvron, Kidpen, Bugsy, Arraenae, Elandera, Young Bard, Araris, and Shqueeves.

Emperor Sheev has won control of Elendel! The Corrupt Senators and the Innocent Senators have lost!

The Dead/Spec Doc
The Jail Doc
The Elim Doc
The badly kept Master Spreadsheet

Player List:

Alvron - Whiskey
Arraenae - 2 Boxings
Burnt Spaghetti - Warrant
Butt Ad Venture - 2 Boxings
Devotary of Spontaneity - 3 Boxings
Kidpen - Nothing at all
Lumgol -  2 Boxings

Araris Valerian- 3 Boxings
Bugsy-  4 Boxings
DrakeMarshmallow- 25 Boxings 
Elandera- Warrant
Elbereth- Warrant
Fifth Scholar- Warrant
Furamirionind- Dagger, 1 boxing
Haelbarde- 6 boxings
Hemalurgic Headshot- Warrant
Rathmaskal- Whiskey, 2 boxings
RayOfSunshine- Dagger
Shqueeves- Whiskey, 3 boxings
Snipexe- 7 Boxings
StrikerEZ- Ledger, 1 Boxing
Young Bard- 5 Boxings

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Hahaha! Congrats @DrakeMarshmallow! You didnt even need my help!

Edit:

There isnt much I feel like addressing in the docs. The one thing though, is I want to reiterate why I was annoyed:

I was bored.

From my perspective, Elandera and I were the two putting in significant effort, with Drake and Striker not far behind. That is four players out of... was it 17 at the time? Something like that. Anyways, thats really bad activity levels.

So, I said some things intending to provoke the thread.

Everyone ignored me.

So I said it again.

I was ignored again.

At this point, I am 1/4 out of the people putting effort into this game. Being inactive isnt fun for you, and isnt fun for me. If you dont plan on trying to enjoy a game, i ask that you dont do things that take away from everyone else's fun.

At this point in the game, I started getting bored, and feeling ignored. So I started telling people what to do. I was frustrated, and wanted the game over with asap. That got the thread talking, which I was happy with, until it started uniting against me.

I wont say that the posts against me were unjustified, but under the circumstances, I hardly think they were justified either. I'm not going to cater to the inactives. I will cater to the actives.  This is why, you may notice, I responded much better to Elandera and Rae (to an extent) than i did to most others.

Its 1 am for me, so i hope this makes sense.

Edit again: and just so you all know, I specifically asked if I could target myself with a dagger. I really wanted to be dead. I started the game with a dagger I named, "Carver of Memoiries" (a name I am mildly proud of).

Towards the end, I just couldnt make myself do any more analysis. I never even realized Elandera and Devotary were dead.

Exit again: I'd like to note this upvote was placed before any edits, so they arent upvoting my actual content here.

Edited by Furamirionind

Well done to @DrakeMarshmallow! When you announced your intentions at the beginning of the game, I was thinking "Everyone's going to be wise to that now, no-one will trust him". Ha. Well played.

And @Butt Ad Venture, was this your first time as an Elim? You did a really good job, considering that your teammates were dropping like flies around you - you weren't even on my radar.

EDIT: Also, everyone should read the Jail Doc the whole way through. It's not long, and Alv enjoyed himself. :P

Edited by Young Bard

I'm sorry I sort of just dropped off the face of the earth... After the three people I had been keen to play with all getting taken out in the first 3 rounds, my plans of actually using a dagger foiled, being encouraged to remove my votes to increase the likelihood of an accurate flip and thus getting no boxings, I sort of just broke, needed 2 or 3 cycles to feel up for it again, but then had little encouragement to actually reengage at that point.

Well done Drake for becoming Emperor. I'm glad I didn't last minute vote for you as governor. :P 

Dreadfully sorry for betraying, well, everybody :ph34r:

I kind of got lucky. I believe Joe intended for one player to start out with a large sum of boxings and have the option to play like a serial killer; that player was me. As long as I survived, it was going to be very difficult for anyone else to reach the mass-kill win con.

59 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Hahaha! Congrats @DrakeMarshmallow! You didnt even need my help!

I almost did need it. I confess that I almost targeted you for boxings, as our agreement never covered stabbings. Fortunately, it never came to that.

By the way Fura, I was skeptical at the time and even after, but it seems that you were right about Alv.

If I had become governor, I was meaning to PM Alvron and try to strike a deal to make him survivor in exchange for increasing my profit margin.

35 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Well done to @DrakeMarshmallow! When you announced your intentions at the beginning of the game, I was thinking "Everyone's going to be wise to that now, no-one will trust him". Ha. Well played.

And @Butt Ad Venture, was this your first time as an Elim? You did a really good job, considering that your teammates were dropping like flies around you - you weren't even on my radar.

I was definitely getting a kick out of giving PSAs on the majority of cycles frankly stating that I was conspiring to kill everyone :P

Seconded, Butt Ad Venture really did very well. The elims in general did pretty well, considering that their luck was bad in the first couple cycles, with Burnt getting stabbed and Lum getting scanned.

@Fifth Scholar you posed one of the bigger obstacles to my nefarious plot, by manipulating my vote onto Rae. Not only did you lynch the eliminator that I was planning to keep alive to keep the game running long enough to implement my plan, but you prevented me from bribing my own vote on Devotary and collecting the boxings from killing her.

Considering you set me back once, I felt it was only fair to stab you to facilitate my plan on the following cycle. Regardless, you played exceptionally well in this game.

Thank you to Joe for running this game. Well done. It was difficult enough to make good posts on my phone, actually GMing without a computer on a game as complicated as this is seriously a major achievement.

Edited by DrakeMarshmallow

5 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Dreadfully sorry for betraying, well, everybody :ph34r:

Well, you didnt betray me. We did agree to help each other do this if we ever had the option xD.

I admit, my PM to you last turn had 2 purposes:

1. Gauging how many boxings you had and how close the game was to ending

2. Offering you my boxings should you need it.

I didnt think the game was going to last more than another cycle or 2, so I had to offer then, and I was pretty sure you had more than me.

I interpreted your response as having less than 20 though xD