Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, Alvron said:

You would have to ask El that. :P 

I’m gonna assume that ledger no longer exists at this point. :P

Anyway, I still don’t trust you enough to fully believe everything you said is true, so I’ll still let you get lynched.

I’m on mobile right now, so I can’t really do a vote count right now. If there’s enough votes on Alv, I’ll take mine off so we have a lower chance of him flipping incorrectly.

Honestly, I trust Alv. He just described the only possible situation that would morally justify killing El. I don't think Alv would Randomly kill her just cause he can. (I mean, I do think he would do that, but not in her first and possibly only game back for a while)

I still kind of want Alv dead, but I think he is village now. If there is someone who i find I think is evil, I'll vote for them over Alv.

Edited by Furamirionind

I'm just gonna go ahead and collect my thoughts about everybody, but at the moment I'm not rereading anything, so sorry if I miss something. People I don't have anything on or definitely need to reread a lot to figure out what to think are just discluded. Turns out that's most people. I'll come back after rereading stuff to post more extensive thoughts. Or I won't, cause I've noticed I tend to say things like that and then not.

Spoiler

Alvron

I'll come back to this when more people have expressed their opinions on what Alv's claiming.

Araris Valerian

Elim lean here, for reasons others have expressed. Relatively few posts, and the main one that stood out to me was the vote on Wilson, which was elimy as heck. 

Arraenae

Seems like people are clearing Rae? I'm gonna have to go back and figure out why that's happening, cause I think I missed a crucial part of that situation.

Bugsy

Not many posts, posts that do exist seem pretty reasonable.

Butt Ad Venture

His posts so far seem pretty in character for him, based on what I know of him from interacting elsewhere.

DrakeMarshmallow

Pretty heavy village lean, and he's one of my top choices in terms of governor.

StrikerEZ

Not totally sure here, but honestly recent posts have me leaning a bit village on him, mostly just from gut.

I liked Alv's defense. And it's also a bit of a turn-off that Alv claimed he had no knives, boxings, or other items to steal. The DrakeMarshmallow "mass murder" hedge fund is in desperate need of financial revitalization after I blew it on a bribery C1, and is currently accepting donations from any and all parties who are interested.

That said, I still kind of want to lynch you, Alv. You broke a deal :( Also, if you did manage to slip the noose twice in a row, I would become very paranoid. I could just scan you, except I have other plans for that ledger. I all but promised Fura I would pass the ledger to a trusted party to validate the Bard/Striker/Drake chain, and I don't think Fura would accept you as a trusted party.

I really would have preferred to lynch Rae this cycle, but I don't see that going anywhere, so I'm leaving my vote where it's at.

26 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

I liked Alv's defense. And it's also a bit of a turn-off that Alv claimed he had no knives, boxings, or other items to steal. The DrakeMarshmallow "mass murder" hedge nd is in desperate need of financial revitalization after I blew it on a bribery C1, and is currently accepting donations from any and all parties who are interested.

That said, I still kind of want to lynch you, Alv. You broke a deal :( Also, if you did manage to slip the noose twice in a row, I would become very paranoid. I could just scan you, except I have other plans for that ledger. I all but promised Fura I would pass the ledger to a trusted party to validate the Bard/Striker/Drake chain, and I don't think Fura would accept you as a trusted party.

I really would have preferred to lynch Rae this cycle, but I don't see that going anywhere, so I'm leaving my vote where it's at.

Hmm... I'd be fine with that.

Though since you said it in thread, I doubt youd be fine with it now : P

2 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Honestly, I trust Alv. He just described the only possible situation that would morally justify killing El. I don't think Alv would Randomly kill her just cause he can. (I mean, I do think he would do that, but not in her first and possibly only game back for a while)

I still kind of want Alv dead, but I think he is village now. If there is someone who i find I think is evil, I'll vote for them over Alv.

I don’t trust Alv one whit on principle, and would not hesitate to kill him, but agree that a lynch on him in light of his claim is not the best idea; I too doubt that Elim!Alv would be heartless enough to kill El just as she got back into the swing of things. That said, I would love it if someone with a ledger scanned him. Then we could better decide what to do with him. 

I’m currently voting on Araris, and while that may change eventually, I still feel as though he’s the best candidate based sheerly on positioning in yesterday’s mess. He’s also been FLYING UNDER THE RADAR! Scandalous!

27 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

I liked Alv's defense.

To be clear, it's not a defense. It's an explanation.  I expect and should be lynched.  I broke the deal I had with El, though I thought she broke it first, and should face the consequences.

I don't see Rae being corrupt.  Her almost vote on me would've killed me if it went through.  Either I died alone if El didn't remove her own vote or I died with Ark and Wilson if she did.  It's seems a bit too involved for it to work without very careful planning.

Back from work now, so I can finally type something now.

Alv.

Even if Alv's story is true, that still proves that he's not working for village interests here. Look at how he's presenting himself here:

4 hours ago, Alvron said:

Now then, as to why I did everything I did.  That's a long story but I'll keep it brief.  I discovered an elim very early on.  It was El but since I like El, wanted Daggers and Burnt had been killed I decided to take a chance for some fun and PMed her revealing I knew her alignment.  She denied it of course but that didn't last long given the offer I made.  In the end we had a deal.  They give me Daggers for me to use on whoever I wish so long as I tell them my target before rollover. (El, in future make sure to include a timeframe in those kind of deals as I was going to do it right before rollover giving you no time to plan a save.) In addition, I was to give them any non dagger items I came across including boxings.  Since I didn't care for other items, I agreed.  (Sidenote: I really think it's unfair that Joe doesn't let us name our Boxings.)  To make it perfectly clear, El was the only elim I was aware of nor was I told that Gaea was the corrupt constable.  Everything I said regarding keeping the Black Market around was true.  I wanted Daggers and this gave me a way to get them without relying on them being passed to me.

According to his story, Alv found an elim and left them alive. He planned to exchange all of his whiskeys, search warrants, and ledgers with them in exchange for daggers. He did not plan to kill this elim, or tell anybody else about them. Even if Alv is village and this is true, this is sketchy as crem. At best, he's acting more like a neutral player at this point, and at worst, he's an elim, and it says something when someone's best defense is "I am not an elim but I made a deal with them."

I think we should just lynch him and be done with this mess.

Edited by Arraenae
Formatting

I don't know what to think anymore...

Alv was right, he never said that Instant Regret was a dagger, and I honestly believe he would have used it if it had been. So I retract that earlier statement.

I... need to calm down and settle myself before I can attempt to be at all objective and useful.

But I'll remove my vote from Alv.

Current vote count:

Alvron (8) (7) - Bard, Striker, Fura, Bugsy, Elandera, Rath, Drake, Rae
Araris (1) - Fifth

That puts us at a dangerous 40% that he'll flip incorrectly. I will remove my vote only for the purpose of bringing that percentage down. I don't think we'll get enough support to put it at the opposite. Of all players, knowing Alvron's alignment would be very useful.

Alvron

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

To make sure he’s less likely to flip wrong, Alv

To make sure he's more likely to flip wrong, Alv
                             I couldn't resist.

Maybe this time I won't screw up making a last-minute post.

As a matter of public record, let it be known that I am about to use the ledgers on Furamirionind.

I couldn't make this public before, since I can think of several way the eliminators could throw a wrench in things. But, on the off chance that I die, it could be helpful for this post to be made public now that the cycle is almost done.

I think most of you will agree that this was the best possible choice for my scan.

• I promised Fura I would give the ledger to somebody they would trust, who can confirm that the Bard/Striker/Drake ledger chain is legit. What better choice than Fura herself?
  • I am rather curious why Fura didn't just suggest herself in the first place. To those ends, I would like to know if I can trust Fura.

That's about all I have to say for now.

Turn 5: Impertinence in the Senate
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

To be added.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Senator Alron (Alvron) was Lynched! He was Impenitent!

Vote Count:
Alvron (7)- Bard, Fura, Bugsy, Rath, Drake, Rae, Alvron
Araris (1) - Fifth

Constable Altea currently has 0 Boxings and the Ledger known as The Coolest Ledger that Ever Ledged,  the Whiskey known as Comrade Vlad’s Vodacola, the Warrant known as Tearable, the Dagger known as Sticking Point,and the Dagger known as JoinTheAlleyverse.

Boxing Prices:
1: Talk to an arrested player without your name being posted.
2: Open a PM with a player for the rest of the game.
3: Change someone’s Lynch vote.
1: Change someone’s Election vote.
3: Buy a random item from the Constables. 
2: Bribe a player to target someone with their item.
4: Buy a specific item from the Constables. 
44: Bribe the Constables to execute all other players. You win. Your team does not.

Player List:

Arrested:
A Joe in the Bush - Just Constable
Lumgol - Kleptomaniac
RayOfSunshine - Jolly
Wilson - Righteous Constable
Alvron - Impenitent

Constables:
xxGaea - Alive, Unstoppable, and EVIL

Dead:
Seonid - Betrayed Governor
Burnt Spaghetti - Surprised

K, I physically cannot edit or move the Alive list, and I don't know why. Someone help?

Alive:

1. Araris Valerian
  2. Arraenae
  3. Bugsy
  4. Butt Ad Venture
  5. Devotary of Spontaneity
  6. DrakeMarshmallow
  7. Elandera
  8. Elbereth
  9. Fifth Scholar
  10. Furamirionind
  11. Haelbarde
  12. Hemalurgic Headshot
  13. Kidpen
  14. Rathmaskal
  15. Shqueeves
  16. Snipexe
  17. StrikerEZ
  18. Young Bard

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

I'm inclined to trust the result - there was a mountain of evidence against Alv, his excuses were flimsy and lukewarm at best, and he seemed to be happy to troll people up until the end with that vote on himself at the end of the cycle, which he might do as village, but seems much more designed to sow discord and confusion into the game. I give 90+% odds that he was an Eliminator.

Um...Joe? It looks like no ones alive again. I don’t want to be dead. @A Joe in the Bush

Alv flipped Elim, with seven votes on himself that means 35% chance he was villager. So I’m comfortable saying he was evil.

Ok, I know this is going to sound hypocritical, but it’s time to give up on a governor. It’s too hard to make one person have majority votes and without a governor vote reveal in the write up we can’t know if there was vote manipulation. So, even if I still want some power for once really bad, to continue going for it just make it harder to find eliminators.

One thing I notice - one of the daggers from last cycle is still there - I expected them both to be gone, bought by the Elims unless the village one the bet for them. Also, no Elim kill, which is similarly revealing. I think I seriously overestimated the buying power of the Elim team - that's likely counterbalanced by something else, though - what, I'm not exactly sure. Possibly just the fact that we have unreliable lynches? But Joe didn't know that would definitely be the case when he balanced the game, so I doubt it. I'm pretty sure we have confirmation there are no secret rules this game (paranoia fuelled question, but can you confirm this, Joe?), otherwise I'd have suspicion on the trustworthiness of ledger scans or the like.

It's possible they're hoarding their boxings for bribes, perhaps? If any other Elim gets into trouble, combined with the village wanting to keep as few votes as possible on a player, they can swing the lynch for a cycle or two whenever one of there own gets in trouble - waste enough time that they can win the game.

The other major problem we'll have to start facing in the extreme late game is if anyone reaches more than 35 boxings or so - honestly, with the death rate being what it is right now, I don't think that will be an issue for a while, but it has the possibility of sneaking up on us if we're not careful. (I think it's fair to say that most of us would definitely pull off the solo win if given the opportunity, let's be honest.)

Haha, Drake you used the ledger on me?

I was actually my first choice for who you should use the ledger on, but for some reason, I felt like I didnt appose the you/striker team enough... xD

The fact that Drake didnt fake a red scan, and I wasnt attacked, basically hard clears Drake as village. As long as I get whiskey tonight, I can scan Bard and hard clear this chain...

However, that raises another question. If Bard is an elim, why would he pass the Ledger to a villager? As we all know, there is a ledger out there that no one has claimed, meaning it is held by an inactive or elim. I'd guess elim, as the inactives in this game, I think, are all active enough to pass on a ledger.

Question: So! If the elims control 2/3 Ledgers, why would they pass one on to the village?

Answer: they wouldn't. Proof being the non rotating second Ledger.

Conclusion: soft clear Bard and Striker, with a hard clear on Drake.

So... I'm thinking I wont complete the circle tonight... : )

Oh, and at this point, the only people who shouldnt be voting on Drake for Governor,  are the elims.

Edit:

I morally take issue with Alv flipping evil. Yes, there was evidence against him. Yes, he was playing this game like a neutral, and not a team.

However, if he is an elim, why would he kill El?

Edited by Furamirionind

Just now, Furamirionind said:

Oh, and at this point, the only people who shouldnt be voting on Drake for Governor,  are the elims.

So if I vote for drake right now, I'm obviously an elim, but if I don't vote for drake, I'm also an elim?

8 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

So if I vote for drake right now, I'm obviously an elim, but if I don't vote for drake, I'm also an elim?

...I dont understand where you are getting that from. Drake is a villager. And therefore, we should vote on him for governor. The only people who dont want a villager Governor are the elims.

Edit:

@Young Bard I think Joe probably assumed the village would be going crazy over the daggers, and through that, harm the village both by killing mostly villagers, but also handing the daggers to the elims.

Edited by Furamirionind