Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

Senator Ninoirim opened the door to his study. He was quite proud of all he had accomplished during his term. He had newspaper clippings all around the room, talking about a variety of things, but primarily his political accomplishments. They didn't suspect a thing.
There was of course, a small section of papers talking about an old friend of his. Binks had been a close friend and ally in recent times, but it was now important to distance himself from Binks' reputation.

He walked behind his desk, and started jotting down the next steps in his plan. When he was new, he tried creating his plans all at once, but they always fell apart at the slightest hitch. You cant plan these things too far in advance. He knew the end goal, and had some ideas on how to get there. However, most of it would have to happen through compromises and fast talking.

A rush of adrenalin ran through him. He was so close. A couple more days...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, the door rattled violently. Ninoirim jumped from his seat and reached towards an obsidian dagger he was recently gifted. It was a simple, old thing. The person that had gifted it had emphasized some kind of legacy these weapons had, though he wasn't convinced. It was a nice story though.

The door flew open, and Ninoirim's butler rushed in. "I thought I told you not to disturb me when in my study!" Niniorim harshly said. The butler stepped back, noticing the dagger close to Ninoirim's twitching hand. a second passed, and Ninoirim, realizing the tension, withdrew his hand.
"Sir," the butler continued, "there has been an emergency meeting called in Elendel! All of the senators are being called in for examination about..." He looked meaningfully at Ninoirim, "you know..."
"Yes, I do. Thank you for letting me know. I assume the reporter is here already?"
"Yes Sir"
"Let him in. And don't forget it"
"Of course, sir"

After 5 minutes of tidying up, hiding the dagger, and any references to Binks, the reporter walked in. "Senator Ninoirim, it is an honour to meet you, I am Adr--" "It's nice to meet you too sir reporter," Ninoirim inturupted, "but I am afraid we are both in a hurry. Why don't we share a carriage to Elendel instead. I will answer any and all questions on the way there, but I am afraid once I arrive, I shall be preoccupied."
"Umm, sounds good" The reporter responded.

3.5 hours later, Ninoirim could be seen leaving the carriage, closely followed by his "butler". A closer look however, would also show a dazed and confused reporter, with a couple of pages missing from his notebook.
And those even more attentive, may notice an object very well hidden under the butler's cloak.

I don't know how much time I'll have, but I'm not missing this game.

edit:
I love how El, Bugsy, and I all are taking drastically different character approaches. : )

Edited by Furamirionind

Hahaha

On 7/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

I can't imagine it going longer than 7 days 

Hmm, I'm obviously not going to be evil then :ph34r:

: P

Edit:
YAY for metagaming!!!
I love meta gaming.
It's like IKYKing.
Best thing, is to just ignore it xD

Edited by Furamirionind

8 hours ago, Alvron said:

Oh, so Burnt and I are going to start with Daggers then.  Nice.

Only tangentially related to this, but I just thought of something interesting.

Somebody who has a dagger can't get the same dagger back immediately after using it. But could they get a different dagger? So like, if two people both voted for and stabbed a single target, would they just trade daggers?

Also, the rules imply not, but just to make sure: can constables be knifed?

3 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Can I be Senator Senator,  someone who is only considered a senator because of their name? 

I don't see why not, Senator.

Technically, it's your birthright.

2 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Hmm, I'm obviously not going to be evil then :ph34r:

Noo join the dark side :ph34r:

We have bad prequel references. And cookies. Did I mention the cookies? They definitely aren't spiked.

We are now at 20 players. Nice. We are 72 and a half hours from game start.

5 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Somebody who has a dagger can't get the same dagger back immediately after using it. But could they get a different dagger? So like, if two people both voted for and stabbed a single target, would they just trade daggers?

Can constables be knifed?

Yes, I am tracking the items individually. (The player's who start with an item get to name it.)
Constables cannot be killed, only lynched.