Quick Fix Game 39: Corruption in the Senate 2: Allomantic Boogaloo

41 minutes ago, Alvron said:

With the corrupt constable out there, now would be a great time to pull off a fake scan as there is a chance of them flipping elim even if village.  Given that this has been the subject for the past two cycles, I'm very suspicious that you two forgot that.

We want either a couple of votes or a pile of votes to get the most chance of an accurate result in the lynch should it continue as it looks to be.
I've been ninja'd by at least two posts and I bet they are covering the same things I just posted.

We also had two separate vote manipulations last cycle, so forgive me if I err towards piling the votes rather than keeping them low. We don't get confirmations of alignments on living players, either.

24 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I did respond to it:

Beyond that post, most of my response of this has happened in PMs over the past couple hours, as I was familiar with what was going on before it was posted.

Striker(2): Fifth, Araris, Lum
Lum(4): Striker, Drake, Devotary, Ark

Snip(2): Alv, Hael
Ark(1): Snip
Gaea(1): Rae
Wilson(0): Ark

I don't think that's the correct vote count?

edit: my computer didnt load the 5th page... *sigh*

...oops. I thought the lack of a vote meant no input. I retract my suspicion of you for that, then.

Senator Ninoirim looked around at the chaos in the room. It was lovely to watch. Amid chaos, all one had to do was stand out as the sane. Unite everyone, and the best way, was to unite against another.

There were several empty seats from Senators that never returned from the previous recess. How irresponsible! Ninoirim thought. How did any of these people get elected in the first place?
He coughed to get people's attention... But no one heard. He coughed much louder, and his butler came running with a poorly structured and organized book. He quickly opened it to a page referencing remedies, but Ninoirim glared at the butler, who promptly realized he wasn't needed.

Ninoirim was pulled to a corner of the room by Senator Uno, who urgently whispered he had discovered a corrupted senator. "Who else have you told?" Ninoirim demanded, this was an urgent matter. If the wrong people were included in this exposure...
"Senator Glacior was the only one I told so far" replied Uno.
Ninoirim breathed a sigh of relief, before Uno added, "and Glacior told another..."

As Ninoirim turned to find Glacior in order to find out who the other person was, Doctor Heatherlocke stepped out of the crowd with an announcement.
Ugh, of course it was him! Well, at least it wasn't Elentari. She is always getting in my way. 

As Heatherlocke made the announcement, people were quick to condemn Cinco. Ninoirim felt a pang of guilt for letting a close friend get caught, but sacrifices are sometimes necessary. 

Ninoirim walked over to his butler to explain the situation. Hopefully the focus on Cinco would distract everyone from himself.

Just to double check the tally independently, I think it's the following:

Lynch Tally
Snip (1): Alv, Hael, Drake{2}
Kidpen (0): Fura{1}
Ray (1): Snip
Striker (2): Fifth, Araris, Fura{2}, Striker{2}, Lum
Gaea (0): Rae, Striker{1}
Bard (0): Drake{1}, Drake{3}
Lum (4): Striker{3}, Drake{4}, Devotary, Ray{2}, Rae
Wilson (0): Ray{1} 

And that looks like it all checks out.

@Devotary of Spontaneity When did Striker PM you about the Lumgol scan?

EDIT:

I got ninja'd by Fura, putting my post on the start of the new page. Make sure you don't miss his RP post.

Edited by Haelbarde

Just now, Snipexe said:

I removed my vote from Ark (Ray)

Yes you did, sorry.

Lynch Tally
Snip (1): Alv, Hael, Drake{2}
Kidpen (0): Fura{1}
Ray (0): Snip
Striker (2): Fifth, Araris, Fura{2}, Striker{2}, Lum
Gaea (0): Rae{1}, Striker{1}
Bard (0): Drake{1}, Drake{3}
Lum (4): Striker{3}, Drake{4}, Devotary, Ray{2}, Rae{2}
Wilson (0): Ray{1} 

So cleaning that all up: 

Lynch Tally
Lum (4): Drake, Devotary, Ray, Rae
Striker (2): Fifth, Lum
Snip (1): Hael

22 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

We also had two separate vote manipulations last cycle, so forgive me if I err towards piling the votes rather than keeping them low. We don't get confirmations of alignments on living players, either.

Agreed. I would prefer Lumgol has a lead of 3 votes on everyone else, so that at least a single bribery can't tie up the lynch and kill another player. Particularly since my price for being bribed is only 3 boxings, and I would honor any agreements struck, even if I would rather lynch Lum.

Right now, Lumgol is leading by two votes, with Striker in second place. @Fifth Scholar I'm guessing you're not around this late in the cycle but if you are it would be appreciated if you weigh in on this.

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Agreed. I would prefer Lumgol has a lead of 3 votes on everyone else, so that at least a single bribery can't tie up the lynch and kill another player. Particularly since my price for being bribed is only 3 boxings, and I would honor any agreements struck, even if I would rather lynch Lum.

Lumgol :P

7 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

It was roughly 15 hours ago, shortly before Fura voiced suspicion of Striker.

In other words, well before any votes were placed on Striker. 

I'm willing to accept then that Striker did scan Lumgol then, and that there's fair chance they are evil, partly also because they didn't claim the bribe. I'm okay with the Lumgol lynch, but me voting now with 5 votes on Lumgol is counter productive to being confident of whatever they appear as in the writeup, so I'll refrain from voting on them unless people pile off for some reason.

Palpatune watched as the senators went this way and that, wandering about the room. First they were mad at one fellow, then another. They had even gotten upset at him for a time. He shook his head, and then let a smile slip to his face. He was starting to hear the first few notes of a song. He pulled out his notebook and jotted down several chord progressions, and the basis for the melody. Yes, this could work, he thought while humming it to himself. This could get him re-elected. Little was known about Palpatune’s secret identity, the elusive “Count Gold”. It was the way he generated the funds for his campaigns without the need for special interest groups. It may have seemed strangle to some that Gold would release another one of his albums at almost the exact time that Palpatune’s district was up for election, but no one thought much of it. It was simply a coincidence. Simply a coincidence. 

As the group finally seemed to reach an agreement, Palpatune felt the need to stand and share something. It was a political move he had been planning for quite some time, something that if done correctly could be enough to get him to the head of the arts and literature sub-committee.

”Have any of you seen the opera recently? They are playing “The Mists within a Women’s Heart.” It’s really a lovely story, the performance excellent. And it was written in the roughs too, surprising I know, that culture can manifest in such a desolate place.” He sat down. That should have done it. Perfectly calculated as to give the impression of him being familiar with the arts, which he was, but they needed know that, and to appeal slightly appeal to the Roughs elected Senators without offending those of the city.

20 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Palpatune watched as the senators went this way and that, wandering about the room. First they were mad at one fellow, then another. They had even gotten upset at him for a time. He shook his head, and then let a smile slip to his face. He was starting to hear the first few notes of a song. He pulled out his notebook and jotted down several chord progressions, and the basis for the melody. Yes, this could work, he thought while humming it to himself. This could get him re-elected. Little was known about Palpatune’s secret identity, the elusive “Count Gold”. It was the way he generated the funds for his campaigns without the need for special interest groups. It may have seemed strangle to some that Gold would release another one of his albums at almost the exact time that Palpatune’s district was up for election, but no one thought much of it. It was simply a coincidence. Simply a coincidence. 

As the group finally seemed to reach an agreement, Palpatune felt the need to stand and share something. It was a political move he had been planning for quite some time, something that if done correctly could be enough to get him to the head of the arts and literature sub-committee.

”Have any of you seen the opera recently? They are playing “The Mists within a Women’s Heart.” It’s really a lovely story, the performance excellent. And it was written in the roughs too, surprising I know, that culture can manifest in such a desolate place.” He sat down. That should have done it. Perfectly calculated as to give the impression of him being familiar with the arts, which he was, but they needed know that, and to appeal slightly appeal to the Roughs elected Senators without offending those of the city.

"Yes, I have seen that opera," Senator Sheev reminisced. "Lovely music. Quite diverting," he said drily while scrawling out his voting slip for the summary execution of senator Lum. "Why do you ask?"

21 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Niroinim glanced at Palpatune and tried to repress a scowl. What was it with this man and music? There were better ways to spend your time!
"Perhaps you think the opera is good, but it is just a place people go where they are allowed to be payed to scream all day. I'd much rather read a book"

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

"Yes, I have seen that opera," Senator Sheev reminisced. "Lovely music. Quite diverting," he said drily while scrawling out his voting slip for the summary execution of senator Lum. "Why do you ask?"

Niroinim did a double take, apparently he had misjudged some of the people in this room... "I mean, perhaps they do have their time and place..."
He looked over Sheev's shoulder to see an order for execution.
"Now Now, Sheev! We musn't resort to such violence! Then we would be no better than her! What we truly need, is to bring in the constabulary. We will throw her in prison, and interrogate her for additional info on her fellow traitors. There is no need for such drastic and medieval methods."

Goodness gravy people, this is a qf, why was there 6 freaking pages that I needed to read?!

6 hours ago, Alvron said:

Gently.  I have a 71% success rate of blindly killing Elims. 

That's absolutely insane, Mr. Being of Chaos

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

There were several empty seats from Senators that never returned from the previous recess. How irresponsible! Ninoirim thought. How did any of these people get elected in the first place?

Easy. Who in their right mind would run against the firstname/lastname combo of Senator Senator

Me voting for lum raises the chance of a misflip to 30%, which is a little high for my tastes. 

Edited by Shqueeves
Comma was missing

29 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Goodness gravy people, this is a qf, why was there 6 freaking pages that I needed to read?!

That's absolutely insane Mr. Being of Chaos

There's 6 pages because this is a QF. We have to squeeze 48 hours of discussion into 24 hours.

Absolutely Insane Mr. Being of Chaos.  I like it.  I might have to acquire that for a new title.

Annie sat in the Senate's chambers, dutifully taking notes.

Things had been chaos. Her hand cramped from hours and hours of notetaking, neatly spread out across multiple pieces of paper. But she couldn't stop yet. Without her help, Onde would have no way to catch up once he returned from his vacation.

Someone new began speaking -- Senator Niroinim. Annie skipped a line and started summarizing his words. She rather liked Senator Niroinim. While the other Senators had dithered and chitchatted, he had returned the discussion back to more pressing matters. He worked hard, and she got the sense that he tried.

In fact, Annie thought that he would make a great governor -- at least an interim one, to tide them over until Elendel could properly elect a new one. She would have to draft a letter to Onde, asking him to consider a vote for Senator Niroinim as governor.

A short RP vote. Off the top of my head, I like the effort Fura's putting in, so why not?

Edited by Arraenae

6 minutes ago, Alvron said:

There's 6 pages because this is a QF. We have to squeeze 48 hours of discussion into 24 hours.

Absolutely Insane Mr. Being of Chaos.  I like it.  I might have to acquire that for a new title.

I missed a comma, thanks for pointing it out

Turn 3: Competence in the Senate

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

<<My apologies, writeup will be edited in once I have the chance.>>

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Senator Cinco (Lumgol) was Lynched! She was Kleptomaniac!

Vote Count:
Lum (5): Drake, Devotary, Sunshine, Rae, Striker
Striker (2): Fifth, Lum
Snip (1): Hael
Ark (1): Alvron

Constable Altea currently has 2 Boxings and the Ledger known as The Coolest Ledger that Ever Ledged.

PM’s are open. This turn ends in 24 hours.

Boxing Prices:
1: Talk to an arrested player without your name being posted.
3: Change someone’s Lynch vote.
1: Change someone’s Election vote.
5: Buy a random item from the Constables. 
4: Bribe a player to target someone with their item.
6: Buy a specific item from the Constables. 
48: Bribe the Constables to execute all other players. You win. Your team does not.

List of players who spoke to an arrested person:
Everyone. >:| Why’d you Lynch me?

Player List:

Alive:

Arrested:
A Joe in the Bush - Just Constable
Lumgol - Kleptomaniac

Constables:
xxGaea
Little Wilson

Dead:
Seonid - Betrayed Governor
Burnt Spaghetti - Surprised

1. Alvron
  2. Araris Valerian
  3. Arraenae
  4. Bugsy
  5. Butt Ad Venture
  6. Devotary of Spontaneity
  7. DrakeMarshmallow
  8. Elandera
  9. Elbereth
  10. Fifth Scholar
  11. Furamirionind
  12. Haelbarde
  13. Hemalurgic Headshot
  14. Kidpen
  15. Rathmaskal
  16. RayOfSunshine
  17. Shqueeves
  18. Snipexe
  19. StrikerEZ
  20. Young Bard

Typing furiously Senator Gaius finished the last page of his 34 page essay on the importance of windows in the senate building. Pulling it out of the typewriter he bound the stack together and rushed down the hall to the conference room.

Now is my chance. Now I will fulfill my promise.

It was strange how Gaius got elected, he could barely see, his breathing was worsening, and he was very trusting. He didn’t even have any experience in politics! He was a interior designer! It was one big misunderstanding. At a political rally he had promised to make lasting changes in the senate, he meant to the building.

Opening up the conference room door he saw Cinco being dragged away by the Constables. Shaking his head he forged onwards, determined to propose his window plan to...the...governor. Oops. No one could put any government construction plans into action without it first being proposed to the governor.

I guess that only means one thing...

Moving to the center of the room Gaius cleared his throat and began talking, “Counclmen! Councilwoman! Lend me your ears! Now is not a time for weak leadership, the longer we wait to elect a new governor the less the people trust our judgment. If we do not root out the corruption they will have all of our heads! Therefore, I propose myself, Butt Ad Venture as our new governor. It is true that I am old, practically blind, and on the verge of death. But I have great wisdom! I propose myself not out of greed, but out of  necessity. My plan must be put to action if we are to avoid political death! It is true I am easily manipulated, but it’s as my father always said, ‘a puppet leader is better then no leader at all’” Wiping his eyes at the mention of his father Gaius continued. “As a close friend of the now arrested Joe, I promise that if I am elected the corrupt senators who seek for our ruination will be stopped.”

And I will finally make a meaningful change in the senate. My windows will be the best in all of Elendel.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture