DragonCon 2019 - August 29-September 2, Atlanta, Georgia

Pagerunner

Brandon will be at DragonCon this year, starting on August 29th. No specific details yet, that I could find. Here's the page on his website. https://brandonsanderson.com/upcoming-events/#18021.

Is anyone planning at attending? Anyone willing to record signing lines and/or panels?

UPDATE 2: Here's where you can upload audio, if you record signings or panels. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/394-dragoncon-2019/

UPDATE: Here's the schedule.

Thursday, August 29th

History of Fandom & Crazy Stories
Time: 6:00–6:30 p.m.
With: Brandon Sanderson, Bill Fawcett (M)
Time for those “Drink & Know Things Stories” as our panelists tell stories that may not fit into a typical panel. The History of Fandom is very much an oral history passed down. Circle round & listen to the tales of our history & legends.

Friday, August 30th

Male Stars of Fantasy/SF
Time: 11:30–12:30 p.m.
With: Nancy Knight (M), Kevin J Anderson, Michael Stackpole, Robert J Sawyer, Brandon Sanderson, Jim Butcher
The best of the best tell their secrets of successful writing careers

The Heroes of High Fantasy
Time: 1:00–2:00 p.m.
With: Jim Butcher, Marie Brennan, Mercedes Lackey, Aleron Kong
Legendary authors of High Fantasy meet and tell us their tales of adventure and derring-do!

Signing
Time: 4:00–5:00 p.m.
This is a ticketed event.

Booth Signing
Time: 5:30–7:00 p.m.
This is a ticketed signing. You can pick up your free ticket at my booth (1513).

Saturday, August 31st

Writers Of The Future: Story prompts, short fiction…
Time: 1:00–2:00 p.m.
With: Brandon Sanderson, Tim Powers, Larry Niven, Kevin J. Anderson, Rebecca Moesta, Robert J. Sawyer, Jody Lynn Nye
How do you become one of the 12 winners to be published in the annual anthology? Writers of the Future judges discuss the Contest, tips on story prompts, and short fiction. Then in the 2nd half, enjoy Q&A with the judges. Come to this panel and learn how it can help you.

An Hour With Literary Guest of Honor Brandon Sanderson
Time: 4:00–5:00 p.m.

Booth Signing
Time: 5:30–7:00 p.m.
This is a ticketed signing. You can pick up your free ticket at my booth (1513).

Sunday, September 1st

Warbreaker 10th Anniversary
Time: 2:30–3:00 p.m.
With: Brandon Sanderson, Dan dos Santos
Would you like to destroy some evil? Or perhaps you’d rather talk about Literary Guest of Honor Brandon Sanderson’s stand-alone novel & preview some of the gorgeous artwork commissioned for the 10th anniversary edition?

Signing
Time: 3:15–5:00 p.m.
This is a ticketed event.

Crossing the Age Boundaries: Line between YA and Adult
Time: 7:0–8:00 p.m.
With: Brandon Sanderson, Jody Lynne Nye, Tamsin L. Silver, David Weber,
Christopher Morgan (M)

Monday, September 2nd

Booth Signing
Time: 1:00–3:30 p.m.

Edited by Pagerunner

Yeah, I'm going to have to start planning to go to some of these international events, I'd love to start seeing some of these signings live again.

That, and I'd have a better position to convince my wife that our daughter should cosplay as Doomslug...

Edited by Stark

Some audio from DragonCon is up and ready to be transcribed: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/394-dragoncon-2019/ More will be going up throughout the week, so stay tuned and check in regularly if it looks like everything has been done.

Not all signing lines got recorded, it seems like. So if you were there and asked a question, please (oh please oh please) share it with us in the thread! (Yes, anonymous lurker, I'm talking about you! Go ahead and make an account. I know you've been thinking about it anyways.)

There was a reading of the Stormlight Four prologue, which has been transcribed. In case you missed it, we've been discussing it here:

• 2 weeks later...

Putting this here as a source

Apple Ravioli: What would happen if you threw Nightblood into a perpendicularity?

Brandon Sanderson: Bad things. Nightblood could collapse a perpendicularity.

And separately:

Brandon Sanderson: See, I like science, because you can be wrong with science. In SA4, you will have a character...a scientist..who appeared in the book we're talking about, talk about some of the things he got wrong.

From Braid_Tug

"Oh, this was from the first signing, so not recorded. We asked Brandon about gem cutting tech levels on Roshar. He hedged some. But did let us know that while it was still labor intensive, it was not as bad as Renaissance Europe. That yes, they do have an edge. But would not state what the edge was. Even with us making jokes about Shard scalpels to make the cuts."

• 3 weeks later...

All audio has received at least a first pass at transcription. Feel free to go claim questions (for those who were at the event) or help touch up transcriptions (for those of you who were not.) Or just to catch up on what we learned. https://wob.coppermind.net/events/394-dragoncon-2019/

• 2 weeks later...

This question was from the signing on Monday, did not record it and its paraphrased.

Rebeca: Will we see the Sibling?
Brandon: Yes, you will see him before the end of book 5

Rebeca: Is he the same as he was last we saw him?

Brandon: The Sibling is in the same form as he was before.