Awakening - The Cartoon Art

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 9/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, TheBlueTaco said:

These are really amazing, how about: Paper "cut"

Thanks brother!

Finally had some time to do this, so without further Ado (ok, maybe one more ado), I present to you, The Paper Cut (spoilered because it's an animated gif):

Spoiler

SCENE: On the desk of the cartoon awakener stands a forlorn Awakened Glove. Alas, his creator just doesn't have the time to spend with his cutey pie boon companion like he used to. Glovey has been sighing morosely and incessantly, leading his creator to the conclusion that perhaps drastic measures are in order to end his bottomless depths of self-pitying depression. Yep, give him something real to cry about:

Spoiler

PaperCut_Animated.gif.d7edc02c8135f541fb9e27e5eb6aa379.gif

Poor Glovey! What dastardly feats of diabolic cartoon awakening are in store for out little blue chum!?!?

Come one, come all, think of some other fun stuff to cartoonily awaken.Maybe something nice for poor Glovey this time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On 12/10/2019 at 7:29 PM, Yellow Cremling said:

Well now I really want to see a banana told "go skinny dipping."

Here it is, a Banana awakened with the command "Go Skinny Dipping" in storyboard form (it's spoilered because it's vertically very tall).

Spoiler

SkinnyDippin_Banana_StoryBoard.thumb.jpg.7526aab752f8098ba6da2e4d2c03752f.jpg

Here's an animated gif of the skinny dippin' bananer, spoilered because, you know, it's fun to click spoiler tags sometimes:

Spoiler

SkinnyDippinBananer_02.gif.55bc80f7954727f7b023ab1a29642313.gif

Now that I've finished it, I realize that I should have had the banana jumping into a lake of chocolate sauce, oh well, tomorrow's a new day and all that positive, uplifting, aphorism type stuff that you mutter to yourself as you look for a pair of socks in the morning with cold, cold feet.

The request line is open, what else do you all want to see awakened?

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
Added an animated gif of the Skinny dipping banana

• 3 weeks later...

Well this seems vaguely lewd. Now I feel bad for the poor banana. The animation is top notch, though.

Anyway, what about stuff doing what it's really not supposed to do? Ski goggles told "block vision," or chairs commanded to "tilt when sat in." Alternatively, can Awakened things feel emotion, if told to? Perhaps a washcloth told to "anticipate my arrival." Kind of like having a dog. It gets all happy and jumps around when you walk in the door.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Yellow Cremling said:

Well this seems vaguely lewd. Now I feel bad for the poor banana.

Hmm, a skinny dipping banana, what could possibly be lewd about that... JK, I tried to make it as cute as possible, but it is what is.

I'll get to this later, but I'll take a stab at making a washcloth dog, sounds adorable. "Anticipate my arrival" doesn't have a lot of comic potential, do you have any other awakened dog washcloth commands that are more humor potential?

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. To be honest that was more theoretical - can something Awakened feel emotion? The question really belongs in a different thread. But let's see.

Maybe it could be "defend the house." You know when a mailman walks by and the little yappy dogs can't reach the window but keep jumping up and barking? Or maybe "fetch," but a tennis ball would send it flying.

Could it play tug-of-war? How?

That's the best I have. Anything sound fun?

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Would it be possible for you to draw an awakened salad? 

Of course!

20200708_080009.thumb.jpg.42fc7f83bc32333b5acb3992c1394eda.jpg

Of course the awakened salad is a magic user with a sick lettuce wrap poncho.

I did another sketch of a more traditional awakened salad (this is the type that they favor in the salons and galleries at Silverlight), but I liked the radish headed wizard better. If you like this one better I could finish it with some color.

20200708_080314.thumb.jpg.58a4a0aa05fe29ef2597ffdf5f4cf7e1.jpg

Oooohhh this is cool! How about the comedy and tragedy theatre masks told something like: "Make others feel your emotion." So like, the comedy mask would make people laugh, while tragedy would make people cry...?

Is it possible to Awaken, say, the sun/sunrise?

@Yellow Cremling today's a work day, so I'll have some time to sketch that washcloth dog, maybe "Harass the mailman"?

20 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Oooohhh this is cool! How about the comedy and tragedy theatre masks told something like: "Make others feel your emotion." So like, the comedy mask would make people laugh, while tragedy would make people cry...?

Interesting idea, I'll give it a go and see how it comes out.

21 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Is it possible to Awaken, say, the sun/sunrise?

Hahahaha, yeah, Kelloggs already did this for their Raisin Bran cereal

6 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Hahahaha, yeah, Kelloggs already did this for their Raisin Bran cereal

Oh, yeah, you're right. Kinda forgot bout that horrifying creation...... Thanks for the reminder. 

In return, have you heard of the TeleTubbies? Look at the sun in that.

The Teletubbies Sun Baby Did NOT Have A Baby! – 2oceansvibe News ...

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen
adding a pic!

10 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

In return, have you heard of the TeleTubbies? Look at the sun in that.

That's the cooing baby in the sun right?

I've managed to see very little of the Teletubbies in my life, and that's actually how I prefer it. I watched enough Dora the Exploder when my kids were young to have PTSD when someone slowly repeats something to make sure you understand what they are saying. Just thinking of the "I'm the map" song makes my eye twitch involuntarily (insert a Sideshow Bob shudder here)

27 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

That's the cooing baby in the sun right?

I've managed to see very little of the Teletubbies in my life, and that's actually how I prefer it. I watched enough Dora the Exploder when my kids were young to have PTSD when someone slowly repeats something to make sure you understand what they are saying. Just thinking of the "I'm the map" song makes my eye twitch involuntarily (insert a Sideshow Bob shudder here)

Yes, it is. Very very frightening and nightmare-inducing.....

3 hours ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I liked this idea so much, I did an actual comic strip!

20200708_115706.thumb.jpg.2278c17c39f215c4b1f207879c6bffd6.jpg

@Yellow Cremling, here's the dog washcloth, pretty cute lil' guy.

20200708_122536.thumb.jpg.d93365c784cbe6e87aa0d025cdbf3212.jpg

@The Awakened Salad, I went ahead and inked and colored the more traditional salad version (looks like the new cookie monster that eats fruits and veggies instead of cookies)

20200708_125711.thumb.jpg.7c18de519fab0872cc3b16a14e951adc.jpg

and I inked in and cleaned up the Radish Wizard version too.

20200708_130217.thumb.jpg.5c32c7cae908218cd3ebd3469defac2e.jpg

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

This is storming awesome!! More accurately, your art is storming awesome!! Can you do one of some clothes with the command “Help people dance?”

Thanks Brother, as per your request, here are some awakened dancing shoes.

20200708_134303.thumb.jpg.c1da0873f3a8fde16bdce5d30f13dafb.jpg

I know from the Whitesand comics that little yellow plus signs indicate something magical is happening, also the high-tops have Nalthis flower logos, and his shirt is for the experimental Hallendren band, Lifeless Can't Dance. While the name is accurate, the duo of Lifeless that comprise the band are very avant garde in how they destroy their instruments.

34 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Thanks Brother, as per your request, here are some awakened dancing shoes.

20200708_134303.thumb.jpg.c1da0873f3a8fde16bdce5d30f13dafb.jpg

I know from the Whitesand comics that little yellow plus signs indicate something magical is happening, also the high-tops have Nalthis flower logos, and his shirt is for the experimental Hallendren band, Lifeless Can't Dance. While the name is accurate, the duo of Lifeless that comprise the band are very avant garde in how they destroy their instruments.

Holycowthatisridicoulouslyamazing.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

(yes I’m stealing part of this for my profile)

Edit: Storms, you beat me to it:P

10F69106-85A8-4D2C-AAEC-4E69C2252A7F.jpeg

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Holycowthatisridicoulouslyamazing.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

(yes I’m stealing part of this for my profile)

Edit: Storms, you beat me to it:P

The file I was using is spoilered below, have it, it's all yours.

It took a while to get it so the "Help me Dance Lil' High-tops" was visible.

Spoiler

20200708_140715.thumb.jpg.c5fd82f11b12d2102ac9798c5d7e8451.jpg

*EDIT*

I was just being lazy and trying to edit it on my phone, I can make a custom profile background for you if you want, just let me know how you want it formatted.

18 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

The file I was using is spoilered below, have it, it's all yours.

It took a while to get it so the "Help me Dance Lil' High-tops" was visible.

Reveal hidden contents

20200708_140715.thumb.jpg.c5fd82f11b12d2102ac9798c5d7e8451.jpg

*EDIT*

I was just being lazy and trying to edit it on my phone, I can make a custom profile background for you if you want, just let me know how you want it formatted.

Don’t worry about it, the one you posted will work fine, or I might just use a screen shot:D