hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Awakening - The Cartoon Art

32 posts in this topic

Awakening is the perfect art for cartoonists, and as such I think it would be nice to have a place to put cartoons about awakened items that are rendered in a cartoony manner. Cartooning is not just about the drawing, even if you aren't a cartoonist, feel free to add suggestions for what you would like to see an awakened cartoon version of. Would probably work best if you are specific, by saying something like "A Banana, awakened with the command 'Go Skinny Dipping'" or some such.

To start this off here are a couple of awakened objects rendered in cartoon form:

1. Mustache: "Feed Me"

Mustach_FeedMe.jpg.38ac5f248cdb537cbefae8b924eac0bb.jpg

2. Match stick man: "Light the Fuse" (spoilered because it's an animated gif)

Spoiler

MatchMan_ANimated.gif.1948b3d8d24245db194890e493b09973.gif

3. Glove: "Be a cutie-pie-'lil boon companion" (some of the cute things Glovey the Awakened glove does):

Glovey_01.jpg.85e3e50aaeb9750e05fc5a941ffe8e3e.jpg

Glovey_02.jpg.9ff2cb45ee6e2ad581022e607c00941f.jpg

Glovey_03.jpg.70146fa09b8f437d7cbdfa52e6020dd0.jpg

13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, TheBlueTaco said:

These are really amazing, how about: Paper "cut"

Thanks brother!

Finally had some time to do this, so without further Ado (ok, maybe one more ado), I present to you, The Paper Cut (spoilered because it's an animated gif):

Spoiler

SCENE: On the desk of the cartoon awakener stands a forlorn Awakened Glove. Alas, his creator just doesn't have the time to spend with his cutey pie boon companion like he used to. Glovey has been sighing morosely and incessantly, leading his creator to the conclusion that perhaps drastic measures are in order to end his bottomless depths of self-pitying depression. Yep, give him something real to cry about:

Spoiler

PaperCut_Animated.gif.d7edc02c8135f541fb9e27e5eb6aa379.gif

Poor Glovey! What dastardly feats of diabolic cartoon awakening are in store for out little blue chum!?!?

Come one, come all, think of some other fun stuff to cartoonily awaken.Maybe something nice for poor Glovey this time.

 

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mushroom Girl, awakened to "Find and bring back truffles"

MushroomGirl_Smaller.jpg.03dc93ed3e58c1b6b8e25a8e5018d312.jpg

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
Updated this with a smaller picture, she looked gigantic before and consequently mildly terrifying.
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now I really want to see a banana told "go skinny dipping." How 'bout a flower, that gets "when touched, close petals." A bee lands and it goes nom.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:29 PM, Yellow Cremling said:

Well now I really want to see a banana told "go skinny dipping."

Here it is, a Banana awakened with the command "Go Skinny Dipping" in storyboard form (it's spoilered because it's vertically very tall).

Spoiler

SkinnyDippin_Banana_StoryBoard.thumb.jpg.7526aab752f8098ba6da2e4d2c03752f.jpg

Here's an animated gif of the skinny dippin' bananer, spoilered because, you know, it's fun to click spoiler tags sometimes:

Spoiler

SkinnyDippinBananer_02.gif.55bc80f7954727f7b023ab1a29642313.gif


 

Now that I've finished it, I realize that I should have had the banana jumping into a lake of chocolate sauce, oh well, tomorrow's a new day and all that positive, uplifting, aphorism type stuff that you mutter to yourself as you look for a pair of socks in the morning with cold, cold feet.

 

The request line is open, what else do you all want to see awakened?

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
Added an animated gif of the Skinny dipping banana
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this seems vaguely lewd. Now I feel bad for the poor banana. The animation is top notch, though.

Anyway, what about stuff doing what it's really not supposed to do? Ski goggles told "block vision," or chairs commanded to "tilt when sat in." Alternatively, can Awakened things feel emotion, if told to? Perhaps a washcloth told to "anticipate my arrival." Kind of like having a dog. It gets all happy and jumps around when you walk in the door.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Yellow Cremling said:

Well this seems vaguely lewd. Now I feel bad for the poor banana.

Hmm, a skinny dipping banana, what could possibly be lewd about that... JK, I tried to make it as cute as possible, but it is what is.

I'll get to this later, but I'll take a stab at making a washcloth dog, sounds adorable. "Anticipate my arrival" doesn't have a lot of comic potential, do you have any other awakened dog washcloth commands that are more humor potential?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. To be honest that was more theoretical - can something Awakened feel emotion? The question really belongs in a different thread. But let's see.

Maybe it could be "defend the house." You know when a mailman walks by and the little yappy dogs can't reach the window but keep jumping up and barking? Or maybe "fetch," but a tennis ball would send it flying.

Could it play tug-of-war? How?

That's the best I have. Anything sound fun?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How have I not seen these until now? Thanks for directing me here! For some reason I’m quite attached to the mushroom girl. 

Would it be possible for you to draw an awakened salad? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Would it be possible for you to draw an awakened salad? 

Of course!

20200708_080009.thumb.jpg.42fc7f83bc32333b5acb3992c1394eda.jpg

Of course the awakened salad is a magic user with a sick lettuce wrap poncho.

I did another sketch of a more traditional awakened salad (this is the type that they favor in the salons and galleries at Silverlight), but I liked the radish headed wizard better. If you like this one better I could finish it with some color.

20200708_080314.thumb.jpg.58a4a0aa05fe29ef2597ffdf5f4cf7e1.jpg

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iä! Iä! Salad fhtagn!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooohhh this is cool! How about the comedy and tragedy theatre masks told something like: "Make others feel your emotion." So like, the comedy mask would make people laugh, while tragedy would make people cry...?

Is it possible to Awaken, say, the sun/sunrise?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yellow Cremling today's a work day, so I'll have some time to sketch that washcloth dog, maybe "Harass the mailman"?

20 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Oooohhh this is cool! How about the comedy and tragedy theatre masks told something like: "Make others feel your emotion." So like, the comedy mask would make people laugh, while tragedy would make people cry...?

Interesting idea, I'll give it a go and see how it comes out.

21 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Is it possible to Awaken, say, the sun/sunrise?

Hahahaha, yeah, Kelloggs already did this for their Raisin Bran cereal

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Hahahaha, yeah, Kelloggs already did this for their Raisin Bran cereal

 

Oh, yeah, you're right. Kinda forgot bout that horrifying creation...... Thanks for the reminder. 

In return, have you heard of the TeleTubbies? Look at the sun in that.

The Teletubbies Sun Baby Did NOT Have A Baby! – 2oceansvibe News ...

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen
adding a pic!
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

In return, have you heard of the TeleTubbies? Look at the sun in that.

That's the cooing baby in the sun right?

I've managed to see very little of the Teletubbies in my life, and that's actually how I prefer it. I watched enough Dora the Exploder when my kids were young to have PTSD when someone slowly repeats something to make sure you understand what they are saying. Just thinking of the "I'm the map" song makes my eye twitch involuntarily (insert a Sideshow Bob shudder here)

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

That's the cooing baby in the sun right?

I've managed to see very little of the Teletubbies in my life, and that's actually how I prefer it. I watched enough Dora the Exploder when my kids were young to have PTSD when someone slowly repeats something to make sure you understand what they are saying. Just thinking of the "I'm the map" song makes my eye twitch involuntarily (insert a Sideshow Bob shudder here)

Yes, it is. Very very frightening and nightmare-inducing.....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Oooohhh this is cool! How about the comedy and tragedy theatre masks told something like: "Make others feel your emotion." So like, the comedy mask would make people laugh, while tragedy would make people cry...?

I liked this idea so much, I did an actual comic strip!

20200708_115706.thumb.jpg.2278c17c39f215c4b1f207879c6bffd6.jpg

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is storming awesome!! More accurately, your art is storming awesome!! Can you do one of some clothes with the command “Help people dance?”

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I liked this idea so much, I did an actual comic strip!

20200708_115706.thumb.jpg.2278c17c39f215c4b1f207879c6bffd6.jpg

I love it!!! Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yellow Cremling, here's the dog washcloth, pretty cute lil' guy.

20200708_122536.thumb.jpg.d93365c784cbe6e87aa0d025cdbf3212.jpg

@The Awakened Salad, I went ahead and inked and colored the more traditional salad version (looks like the new cookie monster that eats fruits and veggies instead of cookies)

20200708_125711.thumb.jpg.7c18de519fab0872cc3b16a14e951adc.jpg

and I inked in and cleaned up the Radish Wizard version too.

20200708_130217.thumb.jpg.5c32c7cae908218cd3ebd3469defac2e.jpg

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

This is storming awesome!! More accurately, your art is storming awesome!! Can you do one of some clothes with the command “Help people dance?”

Thanks Brother, as per your request, here are some awakened dancing shoes.

20200708_134303.thumb.jpg.c1da0873f3a8fde16bdce5d30f13dafb.jpg

I know from the Whitesand comics that little yellow plus signs indicate something magical is happening, also the high-tops have Nalthis flower logos, and his shirt is for the experimental Hallendren band, Lifeless Can't Dance. While the name is accurate, the duo of Lifeless that comprise the band are very avant garde in how they destroy their instruments.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Thanks Brother, as per your request, here are some awakened dancing shoes.

20200708_134303.thumb.jpg.c1da0873f3a8fde16bdce5d30f13dafb.jpg

I know from the Whitesand comics that little yellow plus signs indicate something magical is happening, also the high-tops have Nalthis flower logos, and his shirt is for the experimental Hallendren band, Lifeless Can't Dance. While the name is accurate, the duo of Lifeless that comprise the band are very avant garde in how they destroy their instruments.

Holycowthatisridicoulouslyamazing.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

(yes I’m stealing part of this for my profile)

Edit: Storms, you beat me to it:P

10F69106-85A8-4D2C-AAEC-4E69C2252A7F.jpeg

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Holycowthatisridicoulouslyamazing.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.

(yes I’m stealing part of this for my profile)

Edit: Storms, you beat me to it:P

The file I was using is spoilered below, have it, it's all yours.

It took a while to get it so the "Help me Dance Lil' High-tops" was visible.

Spoiler

20200708_140715.thumb.jpg.c5fd82f11b12d2102ac9798c5d7e8451.jpg

*EDIT*

I was just being lazy and trying to edit it on my phone, I can make a custom profile background for you if you want, just let me know how you want it formatted.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

The file I was using is spoilered below, have it, it's all yours.

It took a while to get it so the "Help me Dance Lil' High-tops" was visible.

  Reveal hidden contents

20200708_140715.thumb.jpg.c5fd82f11b12d2102ac9798c5d7e8451.jpg

*EDIT*

I was just being lazy and trying to edit it on my phone, I can make a custom profile background for you if you want, just let me know how you want it formatted.

Don’t worry about it, the one you posted will work fine, or I might just use a screen shot:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now