What all is connected

Hi,

I am fairly new to Brandon’s books. I’ve listened to Elantris, Mistborn, and stormlight books. I know that Hoid appears in all three series of books and therefore assume these are all happening in the same “universe” what other books are included in this? I’m so intrigued by Hoid and who he is and what he is trying to accomplish. What else do I need to read if not to get more answers on Hoid (seems like Brandon is working up to something with him) but to get all the stories surrounding this “universe”?

Ah, that's a rabbit hole you've stumbled into. It's a really big question you are asking, but I'll give you what I consider the highlights:

• This connected universe is known as the Cosmere. Generally speaking, if a story does mention Earth it is not Cosmere, so the reverse holds true as well. The Coppermind page on Brandon's bibliography is a great resource for checking what's Cosmere and what's not.
  • Hoid, at this stage, is mostly there to suggest to the reader that there is more going on that meets the eye. He is very old and has his own agenda in each book he appears in, but details about him will be scarce until Brandon writes his story, Dragonsteel.

Beyond this, I am hesitant to just explain things to you because I still remember how exciting it was for me to discover a lot of this stuff on my own. There's a lot we know about what's going on behind the scenes (from official annotations and deleted scenes, as well slightly less official Words of Brandon), but I feel it's important to mention that you don't need to know a lot of that. A lot of us find it interesting, but your mileage may vary.

• 1 month later...

If you like Hoid then you will probably also like Vasher and Vivenna from Warbreaker who both showed up in Stormlight like Hoid did. I like trying to figure out who all of the world hoppers are and what they are doing. Based on the books you listed I would say that Warbreaker is your next book, but if you want to keep diving into the cosmere then you need to find the short stories and graphic novels that he has worked on also. Once you have read the basic cosmere books diving into the wiki is a lot of fun. Good luck, and enjoy!