Tesh

Phantom of the Opera? Anyone? Please?

6 posts in this topic

Is anyone else hardcore obsessed with Phantom?

Anyone else agree with the fact that Love Never Dies sucks except for the music and Ben Lewis singing the music?

The book is so storming awesome.

1990 anyone? Charles Dance is one amazing phantom, but I don't much care for the plot.

Gerard Butler is awesome. Emmy Rossum was sixteen when she got the role of Christine! And she did awesome.

I want the 1916 adaptation. Anyone heard anything about it lately? And has anyone seen the actual 1925 version? I've personally only seen the 1929 hodge podge. But still. Lon Chaney.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

*chandelier crashes*

*maniacal laughter ensues*

Ok, I listened to about two of the Phantom of the Opera songs, and I liked those a lot, but I’ve heard the play really wasn’t that good...

16 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

*chandelier crashes*

*maniacal laughter ensues*

Ok, I listened to about two of the Phantom of the Opera songs, and I liked those a lot, but I’ve heard the play really wasn’t that good...

*gasp*

It's awesome. I saw it in Salt Lake last summer. The chandelier spit sparks...

You should listen to the music, (original London cast, Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman) and/or (preferably and) watch the 2004 movie. (Gerard Butler, Emmy Rossum, and Patrick Wilson).

This is why I'm so lonely... :)

I will say after I listened to one song, I was humming it for a week afterwards. I’ve never listened through the whole soundtrack though. I probably should...

I loved the original (London) soundtrack so much - heard it on the radio & was so frustrated when I went to buy it (the LP; this was 1986). Found out that the radio had played an album someone had just brought home from London, & it wasn't available yet in the US. Had to wait till it was available. Bought it & memorized all the songs - such beauty. It's really a shame that they stalled the movie so long that Sarah Brightman & Michael Crawford couldn't play their stage roles onscreen; I remember a good bit of controversy as to why, but IMO the fans missed out - Rossum is fine, but Brightman's voice was amazing and the part was written for her. Just my opinion.

Then I also read the book (English translation, since I don't know French) by Gaston Leroux. Loved it too.

If you haven't read the book, I encourage you to do so - it's not too long.

The book actually has a slightly different theme and meaning from the musical, and I found both themes to be very positive and thought-provoking. Very much worth the time to explore!:)