Trellium is A Perfect Mirror (Theory)

Halyo_Alex

3 hours ago, Karger said:

I am fairly sure that Harmony is preventing Trell from doing that.

But then the question becomes CAN Harmony prevent Trell from doing that? I mean if the red aura we see around the whole world in BoM is any indication, no, he hasn't stopped Trell from doing that...

27 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

But then the question becomes CAN Harmony prevent Trell from doing that? I mean if the red aura we see around the whole world in BoM is any indication, no, he hasn't stopped Trell from doing that...

Reread the section.  The energy is strangling the world.  Harmony seems to be preventing it.

Perhaps all of this comes back to the hacking. If one ignores Paalm, then Trellium may only be allomantically/feruchemically/hemalurgically viable via hacking. Wait. Just remembered something. If Paalm needed a steel spike, for example, to steal Idishway(?)s Feruchemical speed, then didn't she have two spikes? One of steel or whatever else she was using, and one of Trellium? If so, that could explain the lack of glowing red eyes. Maybe it didn't count as hacking enough for that.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, Karger said:

I am fairly sure that Harmony is preventing Trell from doing that.

Harmony doesn't seem to know what Trellium is, from what MeLaan says in Shadows of Self. So I'm not sure that he can.

On 7/26/2019 at 0:54 PM, Karger said:

Reread the section.  The energy is strangling the world.  Harmony seems to be preventing it.

I read that part as representing Sazed stopping a "direct" destructive attack on Scadrial. He might be able to stop an overt attack (eg, destroying the planet or making it uninhabitable, or a full scale invasion) or a full scale Investing in the planet to the degree that Harmony is Invested in it, but not a small degree of Investment (enough to create a few hemalurgic spikes of condensed 'Trell' investiture) or a couple of worldhopping "red-eyed Faceless Immortals" popping in.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, garlick said:

A bead of lerasium a little bit of trellium and you have someone who can burn the God metal. Easier said then done but another way to be able to burn it. No Mistborn needed...just have to figure out how to make lerasium again

Iirc only Preservation can choose to deposit some of its Investiture as Lerasium.

Actually would it even be called Lerasium in era 2? Would it be like... An isotope of Harmonium with just Preservative Investiture rather than both? Same for Atium... Interesting.

Harmonium-P and Harmonium-R. Preservation and Ruin. 

• Chaos locked this topic