(This is not just a reiteration of what I said in the PM, so I would appreciate it if you read this post as well.)

Happy Subforum Day, everyone.

As some of you might know, we have a wiki! It's here, at https://alleyverse.fandom.com/wiki/Alleyverse_Wiki. And it is remarkably outdated. (The fact that it has any Era 3 info at all is largely down to Snipexe - thanks, Snip!)

Given that we're coming up to the one-year anniversary of this wiki, it's probably time to do a little updating. We need you (yes, you!) to help update this wiki so that it can be useful to those in the modern day. Once all of the past threads are summarized, it will be trivial to keep it up to date - a little bit of work each week from a select few. But until that point, we'll need everyone pitching in and helping out.

(Some awesome people started updating stuff while I was writing this, which was also great. Thanks y'all!)

Stuff We Need:

Spoiler

Pages We Need (large summaries underlined, everything else should be short and simple)

• Something about past and present users (compiling whose characters are whose)
  • Alleyspren
  • Alleystorm
  • Shadowdays (for new added threads)
  • ALL OF THE DA CREATURES
  • Voidus' Rock
  • Fifth of the Night
  • Death
  • The Black Crusade
  • Queen Elsa Steelheart
  • Treasure Hunt (no thread exists for this, it was in a PM)
  • Sethramir/the other swords
  • Mac's Funeral
  • 16 Year Peace
  • Waystop (a location summary will probably be fine)
  • Alleyverse Zoo
  • Tomb of the Forgotten
  • City of Oasis (both location and plot)
  • The Long War (this one should be easy)
  • DIDGERIDOO (location summary)
  • The Notice Board (location summary)
  • Well of Descension/Release of Voidus
  • An Eye for an Eye
  • Attack of the Stick
  • The Alleyharbour (location+plot)
  • Mara's Funeral
  • The Great Game
  • Trick or Treat
  • G.U.E.S.S.
  • The Thieves
  • The North Sea
  • Advanced Hemalurgy for the Scientifically Inclined
  • The God Weapons
  • Metamorphosis
  • The Forge
  • Alley ╔╦╦═╬╦═
  • Alleyzon
  • Alleyverse Space Travel Corporation
  • Mountain of the Gods
  • The Precursors (guild)
  • Tinkerer's Workshop
  • The Citadel
  • The Diagramists (guild)
  • The Bread Monastery
  • Son of Krampus
  • Mystery
  • One-Year Interval
  • Trident Manufacturing
  • Art's Haven
  • Tent Marriage
  • Fortress Eternal
  • Alley Purification
  • Hunt For The Jackal
  • Trader's Union
  • Bloodflame Gang
  • Church of the Whiterose (guild and location and something about the attack should be fine)
  • A Shadowed Dawn
  • Library of Various Things
  • The Campaign
  • Alleyverse Sewer System
  • Mutare Omnes
  • Rivers of Blood
  • Taste of Death
  • Maelstrom Tavern
  • All Light Quenched
  • E3-E4 Timejump
  • Mac’s Boarding House
  • Into the Dark
  • Walkelody Wedding
  • Bleeding Spike
  • Alleyverse Post
  • RP in Dark Alley Thread (p81-83 onwards)
  • Calendar proposal
  • Alleyverse Art thread (if we want to collate all art made about it)
  • Alleycity Thread
  • Troublesome Times in the Sanctuary (prequel)
  • Anger Never Fades

Pages To Be Updated

• Boundless Worlds (needs to be updated with a thread summary)
  • Metallurgy and Investiture
  • Challenge of Champions (1v1, 2v2 and non-canon duels)
  • Alleymatics
  • Investiture For A Better Life Foundation (I don't know how accurate this one is)
  • The Ghostbloods (Gilded Rose info)
  • Alleystorm (possibly some Other Side of the World info)
  • Combat (dueling section needs updating with recent duels)
  • Craftsmen (history stuff is missing)
  • Dark Alley needs to be filled out
  • Liebrary ditto
  • TUBA ditto
  • Worldspike ditto
  • Scadrial Thread
  • Den of Thieves

Non-Canon or Alternate Universe

• Kaiju Battles
  • Cosmic Deconstruction Duel (non-canon)
  • Greenhara - Salvation
  • Roshek - The Great Census
  • The Spooky Spiketacular Extravangaza
  • Longpoint Station
  • A Short Party
  • Light and Dark Bakery
  • Deteca-Wes Duel

Stuff That's Been Done

• Jack of Clubs
  • The Scholar's Guild 
  • Tia Cards 
  • Herdazian Power and Light
  • Republic of Alleycity
  • Alley 0
  • Odd Job Tavern
  • Aleila's Makeshift Hut
  • Voidus
  • Pineapples! And More Pineapples! 

Anything not underlined probably just needs a brief summary and description - locations just need to be described, and you can get away with general plot descriptions as well if it's short.

That looks like a lot, but honestly anything that isn't underlined should be super quick and easy, so if you recognise any of those threads and can quickly summarize them then that would be much appreciated. (If you wanted to be awesome, you could go down the list and do everything not underlined - it shouldn't take too long and would get a lot of stuff out of the way.)

To help out:

1. Make an account on Fandom and
  2. Make pages for stuff that needs to be added, or update old pages! That's it!

You don't even need to PM me; just start making pages and writing. Thanks!

(A list of people who have Been Awesome, in no particular order:

1. @Snipexe
  2. @RayOfSunshine
  3. @Archer
  4. @Rushu42
  5. @Invocation
  6. @Sorana
  7. @Voidus

Thank you to the people who have Been Awesome! If you want to Be Awesome, please help out. Cheers!)

Edited by MetaTerminal

1 minute ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Hooooooooly crap that's more than I thought.

I'll try and get to it by tommorow. I doubt I can do it today.

It’s more than I thought. (And I just realised I left off some stuff... :o)

Thanks! Whenever you’re available - but hopefully soon.

In addition to what Meta has written, we also need to do Character Bios. If you have a character who as not yet been added or had a page created, feel free to add them to the character page. If you have a character already in the wiki, but their info has changed, then please update the page with the most recent version of their bio. 

Edit: but make the events a priority, as I can do a lot of the character stuff in bulk on my own.

Edited by Snipexe

I've done the Odd Job Tavern, and there's not much of a plot summary to be added so I wasn't going to bother with it. The plot I had planned keeps getting interrupted, so I'm not going to start it again until the main plot chills out a little. I'll update that if and when I get a chance to resume the plot planned. I'll do the Maelstrom Tavern stuff now, too, while I'm thinking about it.

23 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Is there a list who is working on what?

I don’t think there needs to be one - anyone can be free to work on anything or check what’s been done, and I think it would help if you can just drop in and work on things instead of having to sign up to a list. If you want to see who has done what, you can check the edit history.

18 hours ago, Invocation said:

I've done the Odd Job Tavern, and there's not much of a plot summary to be added so I wasn't going to bother with it. The plot I had planned keeps getting interrupted, so I'm not going to start it again until the main plot chills out a little. I'll update that if and when I get a chance to resume the plot planned. I'll do the Maelstrom Tavern stuff now, too, while I'm thinking about it.

What about the Waiter plot?

Or the monsters attacking plot?

:P

32 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

If they happened, and they were significant, you should still probably include them. (Honestly, this RP is like 99% derailments.)

I included the reference to it being destroyed, which was all the significance those events deserved, given that the monster thing will likely be referenced in the page for the main plot thread that spawned said monsters, which seems to be a better location for specifics on that than adding a rabbit-hole to the Tavern page that sends people running across the wiki looking for answers to questions that spawn more questions.

Even if that's 90% of what happens with wiki-browsing.

Edited by Invocation

7 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I included the reference to it being destroyed, which was all the significance those events deserved, given that the monster thing will likely be referenced in the page for the main plot thread that spawned said monsters, which seems to be a better location for specifics on that than adding a rabbit-hole to the Tavern page that sends people running across the wiki looking for answers to questions that spawn more questions.

Even if that's 90% of what happens with wiki-browsing.

Okay, that works.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, MetaTerminal said:
  • Voidus (seriously, his page is the shortest one on the wiki, we need to fill this out... @Voidus? can you help?)

Hopefully should be able to help out with this in a little while, but it'll probably be a few days at least before I can get started.

I've got some good work in yesterday. (Also realized I have the third most edits of the people on the wiki). The TENT wedding is mostly complete, and I edited some others. I also put some good work into the Alleystorm article. 

On 7/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, MetaTerminal said:
  • Pineapples! And More Pineapples! (ooc Voidus please spare me)

I'll get this one soon. It'll be fun :P

I don't know when I'll be able to get on again, but it will hopefully be soon.

31 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

I've got some good work in yesterday. (Also realized I have the third most edits of the people on the wiki). The TENT wedding is mostly complete, and I edited some others. I also put some good work into the Alleystorm article. 

I'll get this one soon. It'll be fun :P

I don't know when I'll be able to get on again, but it will hopefully be soon.

I saw, thanks! I don’t know much about the Other Side of the World, and how much that applies to Alleystorm, or if you’ve already put that in. TENT looks good.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:20 PM, MetaTerminal said:

I saw, thanks! I don’t know much about the Other Side of the World, and how much that applies to Alleystorm, or if you’ve already put that in. TENT looks good.

Xino is an expert on that, but I know a lot too. I can probably get some info on that in.

@MetaTerminal I have a noncanon page I'm gonna be making based on a PM thing, how should I clarify the noncanon part?

Edited by RayOfSunshine

On 7/25/2019 at 3:10 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

Xino is an expert on that, but I know a lot too. I can probably get some info on that in.

@MetaTerminal I have a noncanon page I'm gonna be making based on a PM thing, how should I clarify the noncanon part?

I’d just make a category of ‘non-canon’ things. That includes AU threads and things like that.

I’ve noticed participation for this has begun to flag, so make sure to pitch in and help out!

https://alleyverse.fandom.com/wiki/Voidus_Prime

Phew. Took a bit and some digging but hopefully this helps. I'll do some work on others when I have the time too.

Also @ZincAboutIt I hope you don't mind my use of your artwork for the picture, I meant to ask you beforehand but then I guess I forgot during all the typing.

45 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Also @ZincAboutIt I hope you don't mind my use of your artwork for the picture, I meant to ask you beforehand but then I guess I forgot during all the typing.

I don’t mind at all! I can get you a higher-def version of this also, so it doesn’t show up as pixelated. If anyone wants to use a drawing of mine in the wiki please feel free and don’t hesitate to ask for a clean or larger version especially if you’re using a card image! ^_^

13 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I don’t mind at all! I can get you a higher-def version of this also, so it doesn’t show up as pixelated. If anyone wants to use a drawing of mine in the wiki please feel free and don’t hesitate to ask for a clean or larger version especially if you’re using a card image! ^_^

Once Hellbent card is finished I'm definitely adding it to the page. His needs it :P