As the title suggests, this will likely not be a lengthy celebration. There’s two reasons for that. The first is that I didn’t ask for anyone’s permission before posting this interruption to the RP, so there’s a small chance that the mod team fire marshals are going to shut us down.

The second is that this thread is to commemorate a specific date. One year ago, on July 22, 2018, this community got a subforum. We rose from the depths of the SGCG section and punched our way into being a fully-fledged ROLEPLAY.

I can’t find where it was decided, but I remember there being general support to celebrate this occasion with an annual holiday. I believe that the day we agreed on that was July 23, and so that is that date that people marked on their calendars, despite it not being the true anniversary. (If anyone with a better memory than me wants to clarify what happened, feel free to add your two cents.) But whether it was on July 22 or 23, the point remains that sometime around now…

IT’S ALLEYVERSE LIBERATION DAY!

Since the date of the holiday is ambiguous, I’m making this party an at least two-day affair, to cover our bases. Everyone’s invited, so spread the word. When you show up, I’d recommend doing present tense, first-person roleplay (similar to how the DA’s thread was pre-subforum, for reference). We’ll need people to bring snacks, obviously, but people are welcome to share their thoughts and memories too.

We’ve hit a milestone! Let’s mark it in style. Who wants a party cookie?

I put my hand up for a cookie (or do I? Nothing in my existence is concrete) or is it?

I look around the party (and also don’t look around at the same time). Present tense is weird, and first person is odd. How (or how don’t I) portray an existence (or non-existence) in RP?

I don’t think it matters, and I begin to dance (and also not dance. It’s comlicated).

Personally, I just do away with excessive pronouns, personal or otherwise, and rely on dialogue to convey action. Here, have a small crate of cookies. By the way, I wouldn't dance there, I'm pretty sure there's a balloon drop planned on that spot. Except, instead of balloons, we're dropping even more cookies! Yay. 

Edited by Archer
Or just narrate however you want. This is a flexible party.

A cheerful chiming is heard, and then I arrive, pushing a lovely double-decker tea trolley. On the handrail is a bicycle bell, for maximum cheer, which I ring with abandon. The trolley is festooned with ribbons and paper flowers, and is covered with dozens of lovely teacups and two giant pots of steaming tea. One is labeled "Fun", the other is labeled "Even MORE Fun." On the second level of the trolley is a platter full of waffles, which are magically still hot and perfect and not soggy at all. Another platter is full of scones. Somewhere, a confetti machine blows iridescent paper hearts out behind me.

"I'ts Tea Time everyone!"

There is something on my face, which I wipe off haphazardly. I've been cooking, you see, and a little mess is inevitable ;) 

I follow Zinc into the room, carrying my favourite cup. Tea time. I pour some of the tea promising me even more fun and then look around, to see who else is here.

Somehow it's strange that it's been a year. I can still remember how I was cooking some tea, when I read to news, when I first saw the subforum.

I dash into the room and scream, “A party in the Alleyverse? We’re all doomed! So long as we keep Hemalurgic beavers out of it

I thiiiiiiink that was what the DA were using to spike the GBs at the Ball, haven’t read that thread yet 

and any giant amounts of root beer away from Mac, we might survive!” I then proceed to politely and quietly eat a cookie in the corner. 

Yay AVLD! 

Edited by AonEne

28 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I thiiiiiiink that was what the DA were using to spike the GBs at the Ball, haven’t read that thread yet 

It was, though they're a much longer running joke within the DA.

I walk into the room, a large black fox, and lie down in a corner of the room.

Woo! Thank you for all the pizza pockets, waffles, tea, and not root beer respectively!

1 hour ago, Life&Death said:

I walk in grab a cookie and sit down.

And shout-out to you, LAD! I haven't seen you round these parts in ages. Thanks for coming! 

5 minutes ago, kenod said:

"Thank you, do you have some honey as well?"

I finish the waffle, still wondering how I managed to eat it in the first place.

*hand him some honey*

"Of course. Or would you prefer sugar?"