Amazon The Boys

Auha

I just started the first episode and have already spotted the wannabe David and Prof. It's different but still very similar and definitely geared toward an older audience.  

Came on here specifically looking for this topic!

Edited to add:

I just finished the first episode and I'm definitely getting Reckoners vibes but not set in a dystopian world. One of my first thoughts was this good be a rated R alternate reality of Megan's with Megan and an Abraham/Cody mix.

It's different enough that I don't feel like Brando got ripped off. I like it and will definitely keep watching.

Edited by BrightnessSamantha

The comic definitely came first, though I doubt Brandon was aware of it (it is possible though).

I am also worried about what this means for the Reckoners series.  The concept is very similar, so it's possible "The Boys" will make Fox second guess putting more time into the Reckoners.  It's really too bad the Boys came out first :(. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 8:26 AM, Scion of the Mists said:

I also saw tons of parallels from the previews.  A world where superheros exist, but are almost all bad/evil.  A group of non-superpowered individuals who's mission is to track down and kill the really bad ones.  

Probably doesn't bode well for Reckoners making it in as a TV show :(

It depends. If The Boys is a hit people will want their own version to put out. 

If it flops it might hurt The Reckoners.