The Knights Next Prequel

Bookish Ocelot

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam slowly walked towards the alley, annoyed that another spectator (=Lewis) seemed to have found the site. Another one they would need to dispatch. Maybe, they should leave the corpse where it was, flee. But no, their orders were clear. Make sure nobody finds that corpse. He's swallowed some flakes on his way here, so he would start with the new guy.

"Why don't you leave?"

He asked and made a commanding gesture with his head.

That didn't sound good. On a second look at the alley he noticed the corpse. Either that or someone had decided to sleep through this. Not likely. What did you get into this time?

He slowly pulled out three bits from his pocket. By the feel of it they were an old coin and two bits of debris, maybe from a pipe? He didn't care, as long as they were metal. Whatever they were he would likely need them soon. He started tossing and catching one of them cassually. "Why should I?" he asked, trying to figure out how many of those in the alley would be a problem and how many were still hiding.

Anthony laughed.

"I don't care about your opinion."

He claimed loudly, but looked around. The girl had knives, that pale man was strange and the third one, was threatening him. And Sam wasn't showing up. Somehow that wasn't how he'd pictured the situation to go. He pictures some money and then they would run and he could have Sam get the corpse out of the way.

"Just leave, alright? No need to be so testy."

@I think I am here.

@Hope Spren

@Dr. Dapper

=========

Sam just shrugged, unaware of the situation in the Alley. Wordplay. He liked a good wordplay.

"Maybe because you want to live. Or because you care about your arm."

He grinned.

"Or maybe, you just don't want to end up in danger."

@Eluvianii

==========

Wita nodded, then she got up and walked over to Marcel. Help. The little Fairy wanted to help. She could do that as well maybe? Pondering what she might do, she picked up the purse of the man Marcel had taken a look at earlier. Pictures. She liked pictures.

Smiling brightly at the fairy and at Marcel she started to look at them.

Quinn simply winked at the thug and rolled up his sleeve. Tattooed on the inside of his forearm was a four-leaf clover. The tattoo was more faded than the various Celtic signs that swirled around it, as Qyuinn had gotten it right after joining up. "Listen, friend, if you kill me or harm me so I'm delayed at all, some very, very powerful people will be angry. And when they ask why I was late, I'll point them in your direction." instead on continuing, Quinn simply paused and shook his head pityingly. 

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam just shrugged, unaware of the situation in the Alley. Wordplay. He liked a good wordplay.

"Maybe because you want to live. Or because you care about your arm."

He grinned.

"Or maybe, you just don't want to end up in danger."

"A little late for that, don't you think?" 

Lewis already hated the guy. We'll see what happens to your confidence after I'm done.

"Since we're making predictions, how about this one? If you keep going with this, you might need help getting out of here. After all, a newly blind person should have some trouble finding his way."

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Just leave, alright? No need to be so testy."

It always came down to a choice. Leave or stay. Currently they had the advantage, and the thug must have knew that. Still, the implication that they had killed the man — Christopher — echoed in Marcel’s head. Why had they done it? Why had they only stolen the man’s copper bracelets and rings? And why had they left the corpse, only to return later? And the final question: what use was having an advantage unless you pressed it?

“Do you have Investiture?” Marcel asked. If they didn’t, Marcel would just be a babbling old man. If they did, Marcel’s hypothesis was correct. Why else would someone murder someone else in this manner? He nodded to the corpse. “Did he have Investiture?”

He made no reaction to the man who was with them revealing his was part of a gang. Marcel always preferred to distance himself from the gangs, but they did put a lot of people in the graveyard, and Marcel was at least grateful for that.

Edited by I think I am here.

Anthony lifted his hands when he saw the clover.

"You can leave, man. No need to keep you."

He gave a nervous laugh, realized he had lifted his hands as if in defeat and lowered them again. Then the pale man spoke again asked him about,

"What do you know about, I mean, no idea what you're talking, that's some midern nonsense-"

"Just hand over your money."

They were dangerous. These mages. Nothing a good gun couldn't solve, but still dangerous. He had to be careful. And where was Sam? He was supposed to trap them.

=========

Sam enjoyed himself greatly. No eyes. What a joke. He would push the bullets away without much effort.

"I think you opened a barrel that's too large for you to drink."

"But I might let you go, with some incentive on your side?"

He rubbed his fingers together to indicate money.

@I think I am here.

@Hope Spren

@Dr. Dapper

@Eluvianii

On 24/08/2019 at 1:59 PM, Sorana said:

“What do you know about, I mean, no idea what you're talking, that's some midern nonsense-"

"Just hand over your money."

They were dangerous. These mages. Nothing a good gun couldn't solve, but still dangerous. He had to be careful. And where was Sam? He was supposed to trap them.

What do you know about.

Marcel kept the memory of those words in his head and nodded to the thief. Guns. No matter how good any magic was, technology constantly surpassed its limits. Because Investiture stayed the same, while technology evolved. Where would technology be in another thirty or so years? Flying cars? No way to tell.

“Okay, fine,” Marcel said and put his seal back in his pocket but keeping on holding the tool he had carved the patterning with, a short but sharp carpenter’s tool. He then took out his wallet and held it out at just short of arms reach, stepping forward. He kept his eyes trained on the thug, and the moment the thug would try to grab the wallet Marcel would try to attack him with the carving tool, get a little bit of blood out.

Just some blood, and this whole issue would be solved.

@Sorana

Edited by I think I am here.

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam enjoyed himself greatly. No eyes. What a joke. He would push the bullets away without much effort.

"I think you opened a barrel that's too large for you to drink."

"But I might let you go, with some incentive on your side?"

He rubbed his fingers together to indicate money.

So it was a simple robbery, nothing as serious as he thought. Though with the body there...

Well, one way or the other, the guy was going to attack him unless he gave him money, and he wasn't about to do that. With that, his course of action was decided.

"You're really not giving me much of an option. Don't say that I didn't warn you."

Scare him first. He burned steel and pushed the piece he was tossing in midair, aiming for the shoulder.

On 24.8.2019 at 0:32 PM, I think I am here. said:

“Okay, fine,” Marcel said and put his seal back in his pocket but keeping on holding the tool he had carved the patterning with, a short but sharp carpenter’s tool. He then took out his wallet and held it out at just short of arms reach, stepping forward. He kept his eyes trained on the thug, and the moment the thug would try to grab the wallet Marcel would try to attack him with the carving tool, get a little bit of blood out.

Just some blood, and this whole issue would be solved.

Wita touched Kira's arm when Marcel stepped forward, about to hand his pouch over.

"Will he be killed?"

She asked slowly, real fear shining through her easy words. -Marcel had been nice. She didn't want for him to die, she wanted him to live. To dance with him agian. To ask him about that one step he'd done, she'd never seen before. She watched as the thug grinned satisfied and stepped forward, reached out for the wallet.

@Hope Spren

=============

17 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

"You're really not giving me much of an option. Don't say that I didn't warn you."

Scare him first. He burned steel and pushed the piece he was tossing in midair, aiming for the shoulder.

Sam was surprised when suddenly a piece of metal flew towards him. Another metalborn. He hadn't expected another -

Pain raced through his arm and he yelped, threw himself to the ground. Without thinking about it, he pushed against a streetlamp behind him and sped towards his enemy, carbon knife aiming for the kidney.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Wita touched Kira's arm when Marcel stepped forward, about to hand his pouch over.

"Will he be killed?"

She asked slowly, real fear shining through her easy words. -Marcel had been nice. She didn't want for him to die, she wanted him to live. To dance with him agian. To ask him about that one step he'd done, she'd never seen before. She watched as the thug grinned satisfied and stepped forward, reached out for the wallet.

Kira turned towards Wita. "No, he -" she had begun to say when she caught a flash of motion from the thief. She heard a gasp from Lyssa and acted without thinking, drawing in a sharp breath of stormlight and turning, stepping automatically towards Anthony, her knife already flashing towards him. Unless the man moved, the knife would connect.

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam was surprised when suddenly a piece of metal flew towards him. Another metalborn. He hadn't expected another -

Pain raced through his arm and he yelped, threw himself to the ground. Without thinking about it, he pushed against a streetlamp behind him and sped towards his enemy, carbon knife aiming for the kidney.

Lewis saw the man fall and then fly towards him. What the... 

He tried to put his hands in front of him but it didn't do much. Lewis felt a sharp pain on his side, he hoped it wasn't anything too important.

How had he done that? The guy just flew suddenly. Then he saw the lamp. It was made of metal.

"So we're the same." he said. It was time to change tactics. "I'm sorry, but I think I'm the one who wants to leave this place alive the most. And if I'm not. Well, that can change."

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

She watched as the thug grinned satisfied and stepped forward, reached out for the wallet.

When the thug grabbed onto the wallet Marcel didn’t let go, hopefully distracting him. Quickly and precisely he stepped forward, close to the thug and he swung around the hand holding the sharp tool at the thug’s own exposed hand, hoping to get a cut or better, a stab.

Anthony screamed in pain, when both Kira's knife and Marcel's tool hit him. He tried to pull away, thinking about nothing but fleeing, running away. The boss could come himself and get rid of the body, he wouldn't risk his life for it.

@I think I am here.

@Hope Spren

===========

9 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

"So we're the same." he said. It was time to change tactics. "I'm sorry, but I think I'm the one who wants to leave this place alive the most. And if I'm not. Well, that can change."

Sam paused, laughed when he realized who he was facing. An allomancer. And the same metal he was. If he convinced him to join, the boss would be happy, really happy. Maybe he would even promote Sam.

"Would you like to join? We're always looking for strong members."

Anthony screamed somewhere behind him, but he dismissed it. That man was nothing but muscle and no brain anyway.

20 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Anthony screamed in pain, when both Kira's knife and Marcel's tool hit him. He tried to pull away, thinking about nothing but fleeing, running away. The boss could come himself and get rid of the body, he wouldn't risk his life for it.

Kira's eyes widened in shock and horror as the blade penetrated Anthony's side and he screamed. For a moment, Kira felt utterly frozen. Unable to move. And then Anthony moved, trying to pull away. Her instincts - and quite probably stormlight - kicked in, and Kira slicked her blade, pulling it easily from Anthony's flesh and instantly driving it down towards his leg.

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam paused, laughed when he realized who he was facing. An allomancer. And the same metal he was. If he convinced him to join, the boss would be happy, really happy. Maybe he would even promote Sam.

"Would you like to join? We're always looking for strong members."

Anthony screamed somewhere behind him, but he dismissed it. That man was nothing but muscle and no brain anyway.

Lewis even forgot about the pain for a second. Was this guy serious? Of course, you try to kill a total stranger an then offer him a job. But then, he was in a pretty bad position. Maybe if he played along a little.

He slowly raised his hands, it left the other guy free to make the wound worse but, risk something to win something. "What exactly are we talking about?"

On 26/08/2019 at 9:10 PM, Sorana said:

As Marcel pulled back his tool from the thug’s hand he brought us his bone stamp and smeared the blood on it. It was unprofessionally done, but Marcel wasn’t performing for an audience tonight. Well, he was for an audience of one. Marcel himself always found his bloodsealings entertaining.

Stamping the seal on the wall Marcel paid no attention to the symbol, only relying on the fact that when one’s blood was used in a seal, it hurt a lot. Hopefully the pain could immobilise the thug for some interrogations.

Wita observed as Anthony tried to flee, then sag down when Kira's knife his his foot. Marcel did something and then he was on the ground, screaming. Screaming in pain. She stood up, ran over, and tried to put herself between him and the others.

"Stop!"

she sobbed.

"Just stop. He's in pain."

Her hands made gestures that tried to explain, that there was more, things she couldn't voice, nor talk about, and she hugged herself when a feeling of loss grabbed her heart and her soul, dragged her down.

"Please."

She whispered, the words almost vanishing between the sobbing.

@I think I am here.

@Hope Spren

=============

19 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Lewis even forgot about the pain for a second. Was this guy serious? Of course, you try to kill a total stranger an then offer him a job. But then, he was in a pretty bad position. Maybe if he played along a little.

He slowly raised his hands, it left the other guy free to make the wound worse but, risk something to win something. "What exactly are we talking about?"

"We are something like a gang. Do jobs for those that pay well. We could use someone like you."

Sam flinched when he heard Anthony scream again.

"You with them?"

He asked quickly, his eyes darting towards another alley. Maybe running was the better option here. They could have Anthony and he would go.

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

"We are something like a gang. Do jobs for those that pay well. We could use someone like you."

Sam flinched when he heard Anthony scream again.

"You with them?"

He asked quickly, his eyes darting towards another alley. Maybe running was the better option here. They could have Anthony and he would go.

Lewis had an idea.

"Yeah, I was coming to meet with them when I saw you. And well, you got me good after that." he gestured towards himself to show how defeated he was, but made sure to smile while doing it. It was hard to keep his face straigh but he went on. "I hope my friends didn't cause trouble to your partner. You should let them go too, I'm sure they would love to hear what you offered me earlier. And I wouldn't want your friend to cause more of a misunderstanding."

And it was done. He was in no position to intimidate someone but if it worked, he would likely find out what the heck was going on here, and as a plus, maybe a little bit of time alone with his attacker. Two birds with one stone.

He waited, wondering if this little stunt hadn't been too obvious.

Anthony fell with a scream, and Kira froze. What should she do? She hadn't meant to hit Anthony again; it had just happened. Kira could feel herself beginning to slide. Brain shutting down. Body refusing to move. She was going into shock.

Something hit her foot, and Kira glanced down automatically. A drop of blood had slid from the knife she held, falling onto her shoe. Another drop fell from the knife, and Kira's hand moved lethargically to the side and dropped the knife. It fell with a clatter on the stone ground.

Then Wita was there. She pushed her way between Kira and Anthony, and Kira stumbled back. Wita was saying something. Something about pain? Kira's gaze had fallen back onto the knife she had dropped. It lay there in a pool of blood, still gleaming in places, fallen next to Anthony as he lay on the ground. Memories began to surface, and the sounds seemed to fade away along with the color, leaving only grayness and the sensation of falling. She began to remember another night. another time . . .

Lyssa's voice. It was soft. A whisper that should have been drowned out as the other sounds were, and yet it managed to penetrate. "He was trying to run."

Then another voice. Wita's. "Please," she said.

The voices, Lyssa's and Wita's, were like a lifeline to Kira. Things to tie her to the present. She took a sharp breath as she surfaced from the memories, and more stormlight poured in, clearing her brain and letting her move once more. The sudden flood of stormlight did something else as well. It reminded her that she wasn't helpless anymore. She was a radiant. An Edgedancer. She could heal.

Kira took a single step forwards and dropped to her knees next to Anthony, reaching out her hand to touch him. She could heal him.

I'm thinking that if she uses progression to heal Anthony, then it will just heal his physical wounds, correct? Whatever Marcel has in place with his stamp will still be in effect?

@Sorana

@I think I am here.

@Dr. Dapper

7 hours ago, Hope Spren said:

I'm thinking that if she uses progression to heal Anthony, then it will just heal his physical wounds, correct? Whatever Marcel has in place with his stamp will still be in effect?

According to the coppermind you heal wounds both on the body and the soul. So I think, it would cancel out what Marcel does. What do you think Itiah?

@I think I am here.

===================

8 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

And it was done. He was in no position to intimidate someone but if it worked, he would likely find out what the heck was going on here, and as a plus, maybe a little bit of time alone with his attacker. Two birds with one stone.

He waited, wondering if this little stunt hadn't been too obvious.

Sam looked at him for a moment.

"Your friends are like you?"

He asked and thought about it a while longer. If he brought not only one, but many allomancer, he would maybe even get a bonus and a better position. More money, more women.

"Well, ich they want to join..."

It sounded too good to be true, but then, maybe he was the lucky one for once.

Yes, it would heal the seal's effect. But since Marcel has the blood, he can always just stamp it again.

The man was healed and in annoyance Marcel looked to Kira, and then at the man, putting his seal near the ground again.

"You know the pain that befalls you if I put this stamp down. I would recommend you start answering our questions, friend."

He looked to Wita, standing there, not wanting anyone to hurt him.

"He is a thug, child," Marcel whispered. "If we do not remove him, who will?"

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam looked at him for a moment.

"Your friends are like you?"

He asked and thought about it a while longer. If he brought not only one, but many allomancer, he would maybe even get a bonus and a better position. More money, more women.

"Well, ich they want to join..."

It sounded too good to be true, but then, maybe he was the lucky one for once.

It... worked?

"Great, let's go then?" he tried to go towards the group but walking turned out to be a completely different matter than just standing there. After almost falling he put a hand to the wall to support himself.

"A little help here?" he asked. He wanted to laugh. How often do you get to ask the man who stabbed you two minutes ago for help? And this was going so well.

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore but I feel like it wasn't supposed to go like this.

15 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The man was healed and in annoyance Marcel looked to Kira, and then at the man, putting his seal near the ground again.

"You know the pain that befalls you if I put this stamp down. I would recommend you start answering our questions, friend."

He looked to Wita, standing there, not wanting anyone to hurt him.

"He is a thug, child," Marcel whispered. "If we do not remove him, who will?"

Wita relaxed slightly, as soon as Anthony stopped screaming. The screams in her head slowly subsided and she took a breath, loosened on her storing and thought about Marcel's question. Remove him. It was about killing. Murdering. Snuffing out a candle. Death, dark, black death like a scarf around her neck and shoulders.

"Don't make him scream."

She whispered, shook her head, but left the mans side, walked over to Marcel. She liked him, he just defended himself. People did that.

"If he screams it's like." Her hand touched her heand and she shook her head.

"Don't torture, just blow out his light and be done with it."

She asked him and felt her hands curl up into fists. Behind her Anthony, slowly pushed himself up.

"What do you want to know?"

He asked, taking a slow step away from them.

@I think I am here.

@Hope Spren

=======================

6 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore but I feel like it wasn't supposed to go like this.

Well, I had no idea, where this was supposed to go. So for me it's perfectly fine. Feel free to interact with him, in whatever way you like.

Sam shook his head.

"I'll stay away, can be a trick, you know."

He shrugged, but followed him without letting Lewis out of his eyes, waited for a surprising attack.

Edited by Sorana

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

“What do you want to know?"

He asked, taking a slow step away from them.

“Okay,” Marcel said to Wita. Her head, something happened with it when he screamed. It seemed she did not have a problem with death, however. Or maybe she didn’t understand it. Maybe life was better that way, Marcel thought. He didn’t really think it was fair of him to want to ‘heal’ her when she probably had been having a happier time at the disco than Marcel had ever had.

Memories, of when Marcel was her age.

France.

His sister.

His blood.

“I won’t make him scream,” he whispered to her and looked up to the the thug, who was backing away. Like range would interfere with the bloodseal. It was never a question of distance, only time. After 24 hours blood became stale, it was one of the unbeatable drawbacks to his magic.

“For one, why you killed this man. If you don’t tell...”

He gestured to his clothing, pure 70s fashion.

“I doubt your blood will look out of place on my red polka dot coat.”

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sam shook his head.

"I'll stay away, can be a trick, you know."

He shrugged, but followed him without letting Lewis out of his eyes, waited for a surprising attack.

Well, he couldn't blame him, it was a trick after all. Lewis walked slowly towards those people, each step harder and with each one he felt safer. One must always stick to the crowds, they're safe.

Things were pretty hectic over at this side too, the other thug was probably going to die soon from the look of it. That might upset his own thug and he might run, or finish the job he had started on Lewis. He wouldn't allow that until he found out what was happening here.

"Hey," he started, in a loud voice. "this kind man has agreed to let us go if we listen to him. Maybe he'll listen to us too."

Speaking so casually to a group of people fighting for their lives wasn't so smart, but there weren't many choices, it was a dice roll, the third one at least in the last five minutes.

Why did I have to look into the alley? He would probably miss the meeting.