The Knights Next Prequel

Bookish Ocelot

Actually I'm not sure about that.

But, as we thought about rping in/ around a war.

What if there was a time when all perpendicularities were connected. So we could each play whatever we want to. And the plot is one, where in the end the perpendicularities are separated again. If we try to stop those doing it, it could be a tragedy arc, if we want to do this, it could be a heroic arc.

13 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Wait, you plan for this to span threads? Interesting, I thought they’d be reunited in here. What do you mean by deal with the situation?

I'm not really planing anything :D

Eluvianii simply mentioned several arcs, and as this is a prequel, and we were talking about doing a sequel as well, that might make for a nice meta plot.

So at the end of this they are divided, in TKND they are separated and the main/ meta plot of the sequel is to reconnect them.

Just an idea, I'm brainstorming.

Edited by Sorana

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

What if there was a time when all perpendicularities were connected. So we could each play whatever we want to. And the plot is one, where in the end the perpendicularities are separated again. If we try to stop those doing it, it could be a tragedy arc, if we want to do this, it could be a heroic arc.

Doesn't solve the issue I raised in the PM.

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

I'm not really planing anything :D

Eluvianii simply mentioned several arcs, and as this is a prequel, and we were talking about doing a sequel as well, that might make for a nice meta plot.

So at the end of this they are divided, in TKND they are separated and the main/ meta plot of the sequel is to reconnect them.

Just an idea, I'm brainstorming.

...what? I figured they'd be united at the end of TKND, letting the Voidbringers go free.

So here's my character.

I'd created her for a rp, that never took off, but I still like the concept a lot. I adapted her to this setting, so that she can be useful in the political situation. She might be difficult to interact with, so please take a look at her. If you don't think she'll work, I can create another one.

In general, it could be an advantage, if another character already knew her, brought her along, if that's possible. That character can gladly know about her story and her feruchemy. I am perfectly fine to adapt her current situation to fit whoever would be interested to be that person.

Spoiler

Name: Wita

Appearance: simple dress, long auburn hair, dark eyes, slim figured, ling fingers

Investiture: F-Zinc (Stores mental speed)

Weapon: kitchen knife

Skills: Once she stops storing mental speed, Wita is a highly intelligent girl. She knows her way around computers and programming (state of the art are the 70's of course), in general she has a hand for electrical devices, although it takes her a long while to get anything done, due to her storing mental speed almost all the time.

Family: Dead. Wita watched them die when a whole street burned down. Ever since she’s been storing mental speed. Most people think she’s simply slow and stupid, but few can remember the quick-witted child she’d been. As long as she slows down her thoughts, there is no need to think and to process what happened, so Wita doesn’t plan to change that any time soon.

Nationality: British (can be changed, if another character knows her, I'll gladly switch)

Personality: Slow. Thinks about everything for a longer time. Friendly, but there’s no much depth to most interactions with her, as she is generally treated as an imbecile. Almost nobody knows that she is storing mental speed, and believe that the trauma of watching her parents die fractured her mind seriously. If someone takes the time though, she can be a true friend, offering insight and giving earnest feedback.

Backstory: After the street burned down Wita grew up with some friends of her parents. Her father was a feruchemist as well and one day she held a zinc bracelet in her hand and suddenly the pain was less, the thoughts tormenting her distant. When she gave it out hand she understood what had happened and started to store mental speed on purpose. At the moment she works in a kitchen focused on giving disabled people a place to live. She likes the place, as it is peaceful and quiet, and there is no need to really think about anything. When something breaks down, she usually repairs it to the surprise of everybody there and although it takes her a while, she's usually the one they call if the dish washer, a radio or even a computer breaks down.

Character ^_^

Spoiler

Name: Marcel Moreau

Age/Gender: 31, Male.

Physical: Blood-red eyes with very small pupils (they look scary to say the least), which he covers up with contact lenses that make him look like he’s got normal blue eyes. Pale skin and a tall, strong build. Dark hair and pencil-thin moustache. A small scar on the side of his neck.

Nationality: French, lives in Britain.

Clothing: Up to date with 70s trends :P. Long trousers, colourful shirt and jacket with red and white patterning, and a polka dot tie in the same colours.

Occupation: He works the night-shift at a cemetery to ward off grave robbers or scavengers. Usually this entails sitting in a small office looking at cameras. He uses this time to collect bones.

Investiture: Skilled Bloodsealer

Skills: Very skilled at his Investiture. He’s quite talented at reading people’s faces for emotions, and is good at things pertaining to the deceased: he can tell how someone has died, what weapons were used etc. Sociable. 

Family: His father has died, and his mother and twin sister live in France. They are both bloodsealers as well and use the same strategies to hide their eyes as Marcel does.

Personality: Despite his isolated job, he’s friendly and very approachable by people. He really enjoys watching television and the shows that appear there. He speaks clear English in a very light French accent. He’s got a complete lack of remorse, but other than that he’s nice.

Backstory: Grew up in France with his family until his father died. Had a heated argument with his twin sister which led to him travelling to Britain to pursue an education in forensic pathology, and he worked in a cemetery while he studied. 

Edited by I think I am here.

Here's my character!

Spoiler

Name: Charles Williams

Magic Type: Twinborn with A-Brass, and F-Copper

Background: Charles was born in Manchester, to a well known Metalborn family, who taught him from a young age how to hide his powers, and the best ways to use them without attracting attention. As he grew into a man, he became well known as a highly charismatic individual, with a near infallible memory. He became a scholar of history, and found himself growing incredibly curious about life behind the Iron Curtain. So, without government consent, he began to plan an expedition into Soviet territory, planning to write a book on the truth of life in the Soviet Union.

Personality: Charles is a bit of an old soul, Charismatic and well-liked, and a proponent for traditional practices, and seeking truth from the past. He is not fond of the current conflict, as it prevents him from furthering his studies. He is fond of life’s comforts, but is not unafraid to get his hands dirty, if knowledge could be gained from it.