Ark1002

Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

36 minutes ago, kenod said:

A long, strange sound came from the filth. It sounded similar to laughter, or cackling. At that point a series of 5 bone-white spears shot from the ground around Althea, their ends rooted into the concrete of the roof. They angled towards the leader as he came down from his jump, aiming to catch him as he came down. Other spears rose from the filth as well, aiming at the other men.

The Leader twisted, his hands grabbing the spears, his feet hitting another two. He pushed himself off them, flipping over towards Althea again.

One spear hit one of them (grunt #2), scraping along the arm and leaving a gash. The rest were deflected.

Pi nodded briskly and sent another text to Deteca, then texted a few of the generals among TUBA's army. He got back, Units are being mobilized and will work with Ghostbloods.

*** @Sorana

Deteca said nothing, just watched him leave - as much as it was possible for something that lasted less than a second to be watched - and went on her way. The tunnel entrance she was aiming for was perhaps a block away; there was one closer, but the defenses were such that nobody would be let through from the outside unless it was ordered from the inside.

As she went, she finally checked her phone, worrying that she'd missed something vital while Alleytraveling or speaking with the Dark Alley. A few texts from Eiran, saying the Vortex wasn't an issue anymore - a good confirmation, though with the building completely melted she couldn't say she was too surprised; and that he'd had an idea. Well, hopefully he'd made it out okay. Some messages in various mediums from TUBAists around the city, sending in updates, plans, troops, battles. Deteca's heart sank slightly as she noted the casualties; Ajax's army was definitely here.

She found a map and drank it in, shivering when she realized that their main base was in the danger zone. Her parents' home was very close to that. She'd begged them to move to Bassopolis once, insisted that it was more peaceful, but they had preferred it in the big city; her father liked the easy access to baking ingredients - and in fact everything, what with the commerce in and out from everywhere - and her mother wanted to stay close to their only daughter (Deteca shuddered again at that thought). No, they had stayed put, and now they could very well be dead, either to the monsters rampaging throughout the Alleycity or to the reason she suspected they hadn't been answering any of her communications.

She reached the squat building she'd been going for, one owned by regular people who let TUBA rent part of their basement. Should the arrangement end, TUBA would close down the tunnel on this end, but for now it was open. Deteca unlocked the front door with a key tucked in the corner of the garden next to the porch. The couple wasn't currently in the house, which was understandable - they'd have gone down the tunnel to safety as soon as TUBAists starting coming up to evacuate people. So she made her way down, then into the tunnel system, on her own.

6 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

John shrugged uncomfortably. "We serve the Bureau. I signed up to the Gilded Rose, and got indoctrinated later. I think the new guy, Lord Ajax, thinks it will be easier to take over the Alleyverse if we just wipe out the Alleycity and start over from there."

He leaned against a wall. "If you're some sort of reporter, or something like that, my full name is John L. Redleaf. You can quote me or whatever."

He pulled out a remote, and a small section of the black wall went smoky, translucent. "The monsters will kill the Great Guilds, destroy the buildings. We can build a new capital, and from there..." His eyes got a dark glint, and a evil little smirk appeared on his face. The cracks grew slightly wider as his face shifted. "We'll rule the world."

Aln wrote this down, muttering something as she did so. She narrowed her eyes at the cracks in his face, but made no comment on them, instead saying, "Good to know, Mr. Redleaf, thank you. So, do you plan on destroying everything and everyone, or just Guilds that oppose you?" 

6 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The Leader twisted, his hands grabbing the spears, his feet hitting another two. He pushed himself off them, flipping over towards Althea again.

Get hit or soulcast. The coice was easy. She had to get him out of the way. This was taking too long already.

Gently she touched the spren of the air around him and nudged them closer and closer to him. The roof, she needed the roof as well.

His first blade hit her shoulder, and she sagged forward, giving in to the pain  for a moment, accepted it, then her thoughts returned to the spren. The pain of the blade felt almost inconsequential, compared to the injuries she'd had earlier.

The spren happily took the stormlight, almost as drunkenly happy in the storm as she was and she gave him more than he'd asked for. Air rushed towards them, easily discernable from the raging of the storm around them. Aluminum formed around his legs, up to his thighs. Thick and solid, heavy. It blocked his joints, and she made sure to cover a part of the roof as well, so that he was trapped in a whole plate of the stuff.

The second blade hit her, not even a heartbeat after the first. Her face contorted in pain, when it sliced through her stomach, and she pushed herself backwards, staggered away, her legs giving up. Poison. Again. And something similar. Muscles not working, breathing difficult. Althea groaned when her body hit the roof, when her sight blurred. The stormlight rushed to heal her, but for now, it hurt.

Something hard coated Max’s eyelids and he stopped, planting Sethramir in the ground for balance. By the texture he could feel it was aluminium. Cursing Max tried to scrape the aluminium off one eye, grasping onto it. He managed to free one eye of the aluminium coating but the other would have to wait.

He regained his vision just as he saw Althea falling and spears appearing out of the ground. Running forward Max chopped the top of one of the spears with Sethramir and spun, throwing it like a javelin towards the leader. Max cut off two more spear tops and threw those as well, some of them a little to the side in case they tried to dodge.

@RayOfSunshine

14 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln wrote this down, muttering something as she did so. She narrowed her eyes at the cracks in his face, but made no comment on them, instead saying, "Good to know, Mr. Redleaf, thank you. So, do you plan on destroying everything and everyone, or just Guilds that oppose you?" 

He shrugged. "We gave them a chance to throw in with us. None did." He smirked. "They'll be given one more chance, after the city has been destroyed, after they see more of our power." The cracks got smaller, less obvious, as his face faded of emotion. "Common people, in other cities... they will survive. Provided they don't try and stop us, to get in our way." He shrugged. "But I suppose there will be quite a few casualties in the other cities that resist."

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

Get hit or soulcast. The coice was easy. She had to get him out of the way. This was taking too long already.

Gently she touched the spren of the air around him and nudged them closer and closer to him. The roof, she needed the roof as well.

His first blade hit her shoulder, and she sagged forward, giving in to the pain  for a moment, accepted it, then her thoughts returned to the spren. The pain of the blade felt almost inconsequential, compared to the injuries she'd had earlier.

The spren happily took the stormlight, almost as drunkenly happy in the storm as she was and she gave him more than he'd asked for. Air rushed towards them, easily discernable from the raging of the storm around them. Aluminum formed around his legs, up to his thighs. Thick and solid, heavy. It blocked his joints, and she made sure to cover a part of the roof as well, so that he was trapped in a whole plate of the stuff.

The second blade hit her, not even a heartbeat after the first. Her face contorted in pain, when it sliced through her stomach, and she pushed herself backwards, staggered away, her legs giving up. Poison. Again. And something similar. Muscles not working, breathing difficult. Althea groaned when her body hit the roof, when her sight blurred. The stormlight rushed to heal her, but for now, it hurt.

The leader strained its muscles, and the aluminum began to give. Small chunks ripped, the pewter helping. The leaders blades cut off large swaths, and it was almost free. Aluminum had never been strong.

This is some pretty powerful stuff. Without regrowth, or something similar, it's a coin toss if she'll survive, even with all this investiture.

I get that you'll choose for her to survive, but you should just know that she won't really be able to do anything for at least an hour or so.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Something hard coated Max’s eyelids and he stopped, planting Sethramir in the ground for balance. By the texture he could feel it was aluminium. Cursing Max tried to scrape the aluminium off one eye, grasping onto it. He managed to free one eye of the aluminium coating but the other would have to wait.

He regained his vision just as he saw Althea falling and spears appearing out of the ground. Running forward Max chopped the top of one of the spears with Sethramir and spun, throwing it like a javelin towards the leader. Max cut off two more spear tops and threw those as well, some of them a little to the side in case they tried to dodge.

@RayOfSunshine

The first hit dead on. It tried to dodge, and got hit again. The first hit it's back, the second it's waist. The first broke the surface, cutting deeper than any other cut. It revealed purple cloth underneath the armor, but got stopped and fell out. The second made a large scratch, but it was more long than deep.

The leader turned, flaring pewter, and it's legs ripped out of the aluminum.

"Your wife is almost dead. I could end her with a thought. Do not test me." It stepped closer, grabbing Althea's neck. Then another of it was grabbing Althea's leg. And one was grabbing her hair. In a flash, ten different replicas of the Leader gripped Althea.

"You could make the shot... you could hit the face, maybe kill me. But if you choose wrong? If you don't kill instantly?"

The lightweaver glyph, on every one, glowed a brilliant red.

"She dies."

41 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

This is some pretty powerful stuff. Without regrowth, or something similar, it's a coin toss if she'll survive, even with all this investiture.

I get that you'll choose for her to survive, but you should just know that she won't really be able to do anything for at least an hour or so.

We've seen Shallan and the other KRs heal mortal wounds in an instant. So I disagree here.

And please stop godmodding her.

Aylitha can kill the leader, if you want her to. I'm not sure if she's fast enough to stop the Leader from killing Sorana though.

Though, how would he kill her? A necksnap won't work, the same goes for most other methods. The only idea I have is Soulcasting, and I figure Soulcasting a living being would be difficult, and something the victim might be able to resist.

@Sorana

5 minutes ago, kenod said:

Aylitha can kill the leader, if you want her to. I'm not sure if she's fast enough to stop the Leader from killing Sorana though.

I don't have the time for a good post, sry. Althea will teleport out of his grip to Max, so if you want to go on, just have her do it.

1 hour ago, RayOfSunshine said:

He shrugged. "We gave them a chance to throw in with us. None did." He smirked. "They'll be given one more chance, after the city has been destroyed, after they see more of our power." The cracks got smaller, less obvious, as his face faded of emotion. "Common people, in other cities... they will survive. Provided they don't try and stop us, to get in our way." He shrugged. "But I suppose there will be quite a few casualties in the other cities that resist."

Aln stared at him. Storms, but I'm finding it hard not to take sides, she thought. "Could you give me a basic rundown of your Bureau of...Villiany, please? Perhaps some of its history?"

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

I don't have the time for a good post, sry. Althea will teleport out of his grip to Max, so if you want to go on, just have her do it.

Alright, thanks.

Aylitha frowned - or at least as much as one could without a face - as one of the men cut through her spears with a sword, throwing them at the leader. She'd have to speak with him later, cutting off parts of someone's body was extremely impolite, even if you needed a weapon. The leader moved to the woman, grabbing her, and then he duplicated. Illusions. She smiled, seeing her chance. Tentacles rushed up out of the filth, twining together into a solid wall, surrounding the leader and his duplicates, eyes opening up inside it. More tentacles rushed forwards along the ground, twisting around the figures still inside, the woman, the leader and the duplicates, the man. They passed straight through the illusions, moving towards the last remaining leader. The twisted around him, coming in from the ground and the air, seeking the openings in his armor. Acid dripped from their ends.

As to why the energy pulses won't work right now, they have to be off to let the leader hold Althea. Given the strength they've demonstrated they would blow away her neck if they were on, as well as immediately showing which clone is the real one, since the fakes wouldn't be able to emit them, at least not working ones.

@RayOfSunshine

To avoid any confusion. I'll edit a real post in sometime (my) tomorrow.

A hand grabbed her, lifted her up and she groaned in pain, tried to move away but failed. Another hand grabbed her hair, lifted her off the ground. Althea tried to breathe again, found she could barely move. Poison. She hated poison. For a moment she let herself float on the pain, in the darkness, that surrounded her, her eyes had fallen shut at some point. All around her were the noises of the storm, screams. She knew that Max was close, could feel him and for now that knowledge was enough. The hand shook her slightly, and she forced herself to listen. There was a voice. It was speaking. She’ll die. Threatening. It was threatening. Her thoughts blurred, and she had to force herself to concentrate. Max. It was about Max. She was used again. Fury shoved the pain away and she inhaled, found that she could breathe again. It felt good to breathe and so she took another breath and then another one. Max. Carefully she reached out for Shadesmar and elsecalled out of the leader’s grip, back to Max. This had to stop. They endless using her to blackmail him had to stop. Her knee hit the ground when her feet weren’t able to carry her body, but it was fine. As long as she was outside, in the storm she would recover.

Edit: posted a real rp post instead of a line, same meaning.

Edited by Sorana

On 7/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

A dark shadow fell over the group. Above, a strange creature loomed. It had three red scorpion tails, a black lion's body and limbs, the head of a man, but with a lion's mane, mandibles, and bat ears, and four large bat wings. It was the size of an apartment building, and had small plates of exoskeleton mixed in with the fur, and the skin on the face, making it even harder to defeat.

It screeched, a strange mix of lion and man, along with a grating sound like metal on metal.

The buildings on either side of the group were broken down by its powerful muscles, and it began to descend, wingbeat by wingbeat, to the ground.

@Truthless of Shinovar

Tels sighed. This was the reason he had been sent after all. Everybody else on the rooftop was probably having some cool awesome battle with some sort of elite Bereua soldiers or something, and here Tels was, stuck with a giant beast like this. So life went.

”Spread our and surround the beast!!” Tels called out to his men, the command echoed by nearby soldiers. Soon enough, a loose circle had formed around the descending bat-lion-man-scorpion thing. Other abominations seemed to stray away from the mentally named Scorlionmanbat, maybe some kind command from it.

Or maybe it was fear of the creature that kept the abominations away.

In either case, it was a threat and had to be dealt with immediately. “OPEN FIRE!!” Tels yelled, and guns began to blaze all around him. Springing up to the beast, he aimed for it’s eyes with enhanced ribbons of sand.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar
Darn grammar

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea elsecalled out of the leader's grip to Max.

Max watched with one eye’s worth of vision as Althea teleported to Max and out of the many Lightweavings the leader put up. Max raised a hand and Rioted pain. With all those wounds the leader had sustained, it had to have some effect.

“Your monsters can only attack the city for so long. Like every other invasion, you’ll be put to a stop.”

@RayOfSunshine

—-—

“Okay!” Wes said and looked at the navigation on the device. It led to a building, and the altitude markers indicated it was a high up floor or roof of one, which was bad. It was hard to get up a building in this war zone of a city.

He ran forward and put an arm on Mike’s shoulder, tried to lead him to where they had to go. It seemed Mike was having more than enough trouble with the monsters inside of him.

“Tels is over there,” he said, pointing. “Let’s run.”

—-—

Attacks were going well. Lusk launched a steady offensive from Shadesmar, but his device told him things still weren’t going up to scratch. A vision jostled his memory back to the Seven Day War. He hadn’t been around in the city to experience it, but he’d been brought in afterwards to fix it. And one of the major precautions he’d took was organising some Ghostblood abominations, monsters of their own.

After all, it was always better to fight fire with fire.

Holding his device up, Lusk said a few words into the microphone.

“Signal Black. Send them in.”

Edited by I think I am here.

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

How did I godmod her? I gripped her, but that's generally not considered godmodding, as it causes no harm.

21 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln stared at him. Storms, but I'm finding it hard not to take sides, she thought. "Could you give me a basic rundown of your Bureau of...Villainy, please? Perhaps some of its history?"

John nodded. "It was founded a while back, maybe two years? A year and a half? Something like that." He paced as he talked. "Dark Phoenix, the Haunt, some others." He shrugged. "That's all  I know about the founding, but I know the Gilded Rose was a way to get recruits, and they hired me through this." He paused. "PlasmaCore was all a front to create this, the army." 

20 hours ago, kenod said:

Aylitha frowned - or at least as much as one could without a face - as one of the men cut through her spears with a sword, throwing them at the leader. She'd have to speak with him later, cutting off parts of someone's body was extremely impolite, even if you needed a weapon. The leader moved to the woman, grabbing her, and then he duplicated. Illusions. She smiled, seeing her chance. Tentacles rushed up out of the filth, twining together into a solid wall, surrounding the leader and his duplicates, eyes opening up inside it. More tentacles rushed forwards along the ground, twisting around the figures still inside, the woman, the leader and the duplicates, the man. They passed straight through the illusions, moving towards the last remaining leader. The twisted around him, coming in from the ground and the air, seeking the openings in his armor. Acid dripped from their ends.

@RayOfSunshine

The acid marred the paint, and began to eat slowly through the metal. It was barraged by tentacle after tentacle, most doing very little, as it had cut of it's oxygen holes. It was barraged, and got hit a multitude of times, but it was fine. Then one tentacle found the hole, left by the spear. It growled, and it tore into it's side, acid dripping. The Leader shook, grabbing the tentacle, ripping it.

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea elsecalled out of the leader's grip to Max.

As Althea teleported, the leader activated it's pulses again, and the tentacles began to recede, being ripped apart. The leader was bleeding on the ground, and it was an odd violet color. It growled, the lightweaver glyph bleeding to a deep purple.

19 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels sighed. This was the reason he had been sent after all. Everybody else on the rooftop was probably having some cool awesome battle with some sort of elite Bureau soldiers or something, and here Tels was, stuck with a giant beast like this. So life went.

”Spread our and surround the beast!!” Tels called out to his men, the command echoed by nearby soldiers. Soon enough, a loose circle had formed around the descending bat-lion-man-scorpion thing. Other abominations seemed to stray away from the mentally named Scorlionmanbat, maybe some kind command from it.

Or maybe it was fear of the creature that kept the abominations away.

In either case, it was a threat and had to be dealt with immediately. “OPEN FIRE!!” Tels yelled, and guns began to blaze all around him. Springing up to the beast, he aimed for it’s eyes with enhanced ribbons of sand.

The bullets bounced off, flying into the soldiers, the walls, through windows. Out of every fifty, maybe one bullet got through, and the beast was so large they served as nothing more then an annoyance.

It slammed it's feet into the ground, and crushed three soldiers who were too close. It's wings swung out, and a massive blast of air threw soldiers back, pushed the sand away. It lumbered forward, towards Tels, who seemed to be the only real threat.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Max watched with one eye’s worth of vision as Althea teleported to Max and out of the many Lightweavings the leader put up. Max raised a hand and Rioted pain. With all those wounds the leader had sustained, it had to have some effect.

“Your monsters can only attack the city for so long. Like every other invasion, you’ll be put to a stop.”

@RayOfSunshine

Nothing happened. The leader turned, armor dripping acid, covered in pockmarks, large patches of black paint gouged off.

"Yes. They will stop." The voice was still robotic, but a small amount of tone was there. A small hole in the side of the helmet showed the source. The voice that came faintly through was feminine, full of hatred and anger. "When you so-called Great Guilds are nothing more then ash, when the city you love is an ancient memory."

The violet blood pooled on the ground as she lurched forward, towards Max. "And no one will remember you, no one will remember any of you." She coughed, the robotic voice making it a strange scratchy sound.

The aon chain on her chest glowed brightly, and suddenly, all sound on the rooftop was gone. Any sounds of footsteps, of the patter of rain, anything. No sound at all. In each hand, a chain, barbed spikes at the ends, appeared. Both were aluminum, and both were long. She began to swing them, rushing forward with inhuman speed, even with the blood trail she left.

41 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The bullets bounced off, flying into the soldiers, the walls, through windows. Out of every fifty, maybe one bullet got through, and the beast was so large they served as nothing more then an annoyance.

It slammed it's feet into the ground, and crushed three soldiers who were too close. It's wings swung out, and a massive blast of air threw soldiers back, pushed the sand away. It lumbered forward, towards Tels, who seemed to be the only real threat

Tels continued his arc towards the Scorlionmanbat’s face, then at the last second, dropped down, rolled on the ground beneath its legs, and shot up ribbons of sand to pierce the thing’s wings. Smaller ribbons, this time, meant to cut and slash. Other ribbons rose up around the wings, where they began to plunge down. The wing trick wouldn’t work this time; the beast could only flap one way to get rid of some of the sand, but the other side would be exposed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Captain Rick H. Sharpe should’ve been dead. The beast had stepped directly on him, crushing bones and organs in such a manner that it would’ve killed any other man. Luckily, being a Stonewarden had its perks, such as being able to heal from a injury like that almost instantly. Sharpe looked to his companions and grimaced. Both were dead, and a mess to boot. He trusted the man Tels; he had been sent by Althea, and Sharpe knew her judgement was far better than his own. But mistakes like this would get them no where. 

Sharpe inhaled stormlight from the spheres in his pouch, then touched the ground, making it churn and boil, trapping the thing’s leg. As he did so, the gun fire ceased, for it seemed that most of the bullets were just bouncing back, hitting some of the men. Sharpe cursed, and yelled out a command for the troops to back up a little bit. Sharpe himself ripped off a piece of cloth from his shirt and used Cohesion to make it stand rigid. The edge was now as sharp as a razor blade, and Sharpe swung with all his might towards the beast’s leg.

Quick bio:

Name: Rick H. Sharpe

Investiture: 2nd ideal Stonewarden

Personality: Tough, open and honest almost to a fault.

@RayOfSunshine

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

2 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

John nodded. "It was founded a while back, maybe two years? A year and a half? Something like that." He paced as he talked. "Dark Phoenix, the Haunt, some others." He shrugged. "That's all  I know about the founding, but I know the Gilded Rose was a way to get recruits, and they hired me through this." He paused. "PlasmaCore was all a front to create this, the army." 

Aln made another notation in the notebook. "Could you tell me more about this Dark Phoenix? How is it related to the other, and why was it trying to destroy PlasmaCore?"

How much longer is it to the bunker? I want to align this plotline with the one still on the roof. Aln might try to send a message to her Guild members.

Link to Grey’s character page:

Grey sighed. The bridge was collapsing. Of course it was. He shouldn’t feel surprised, feel the crushing sadness, or the pang of loss. He really shouldn’t have. After hundreds of tests and experiments, all with same results, he should have become numb to those feelings. He had never become so. He felt his tentacles droop further, and stretched his arms, trying to get some feeling into them. He turned away from the quantum scope, and looked to the rest of the lab. He shook his head. They all knew its meaning. Most of his assistants had been with him when it had happened, the event that had given him his unique appearance. Those who hadn’t been with him then had joined because of similar accidents. The special flavor of catastrophe that only the Eldritch Horror Division could produce.

“I know there’s some kind of war going on out there, and some of you probably want to go blow off some steam.” Grey said, trying to get the inflection of a smile into his voice. His assistants smiled at him nervously, their hopes and fears reflected in their eyes. Storms he was bad at this. He tugged on his hat string, and then continued. “You guys can have the rest of the day off, go have some fun.” The real smiles finally broke out, and they quickly left, Alleytraveling to who knows where. Grey sat alone in his chair now, no one else to remind him of his failure. No one but him. Rebuilding the bridge had seemed easy at first. It had been created so many times by accident, how hard could it be do it on purpose. As it had turned out, establishing a connection to the Other Dimension was nearly impossible. It was blocked from all traditional methods of entering the worlds parallel to his own. Radio had been the breakthrough. Or at least it had seemed that way. The reality of the testing seemed to imply otherwise.

Storms, he needed something to cheer him up. Sitting here wallowing was simply a waste of time. He thought for a moment. A Cornetto would do nicely. Without another thought, he Alleytraveled to the edge of the one the entrance Alleys, and walked out into the rain. He enjoyed the feeling. The downpour was a comfort, the water running down his face was one of the few things even he could experience like everyone else. His tentacles sniffed the air, eager for its delicious freshness. As he strolled down the street, heading towards the local corner shop, he felt his sadness lighten. He tuned into a radio station in dimension that only ever played classical music, and primarily Grieg at that. The swelling notes of In the Hall of the Mountain King filled him, and he felt his pace quicken. He even found himself smiling at the various monsters on the street, who, assuming he was one of their own as monsters tended to, left him completely alone. 

Finally he reached the corner store. Al’s Grocery and General Goods. What a fine establishment, assuming that it had Cornettos. He let the station fade into nothingness, and pulled open the door, or at least he tried to. The door simply refused to move. He pulled again. Nothing happened. He pushed, hoping that he had simply been making a fool of himself. Nothing that way either. Finally he put his hands to the glass of the door and peered inside. The lights were on, and there was a man inside, presumably the store’s namesake, sweeping the floor. Grey sighed, then knocked on the door. The man turned to face the front of the store, annoyance written all over his face. He opened it, and yelled “We’re closed you freak!” He pointed to his left. There was indeed a sign, a rather large one too, which in bold read, “Closed due to,” and written in black marker just beneath it, “JUST LOOK AROUND.” Grey decided to ignore the sign and continue with his quest. “Um, sorry about that, I guess I just missed the sign. But uh while you’re out here, could I please uh buy a Cornetto?” He pulled his hat string anxiously, waiting for the man’s response. The man started at the “sound” of Grey’s voice. That wasn’t a good sign. First the comment about his appearance and now that. ”A Cornetto?” He said incredulously, “you want a storming Cornetto! No storming way. Just get out of here you storming weirdo! We’re in the middle of a storming war zone!” With that, the man slammed the door in Grey face, and walked back into the store, shaking his head in disgust.

All Grey wanted was a Cornetto, all he wanted was a storming Cornetto! He felt his anger rise, the frustrations of the day boiling over. He pushed them down, trying to get ahold of himself and his emotions. They came out anyway. The rage he felt burning within him, the sheer outrage ripped itself out of his control. Why was everyone this way? He knew, he could just tell, that if he’d had a normal face, that conversation would have gone differently. The same thing had happened with dozens of grocers and corner shops throughout the city.  No one wanted to be seen serving the “freak” without a face. No one wanted to be seen serving him. His rising fury finally hit a critical mass. He strained against himself. Then finally, something broke. The emotions waging war on his will won, and then lost at the same time. His will gone, and his emotions quickly following, Grey filled them void with the only thing he had left. The icy cold blade of insanity. 

“I really wish you hadn’t done that.” Grey whispered to the man as he resumed sweeping. Telepathy did have its benefits. As the man dropped his broom and turned to Grey, a mixture of fear and pure rage on his face, Grey simply breathed in, sucking Stormlight from the air, and filling himself with its power. He Soulcast the door to air easily, barely even peering into the cognitive realm. Benefits of the storm he guessed. He walked into the store slowly, shaking his head.  “You really should not have done that.” The man rushed him, hands balled into fists. He must have thought that they could have helped somehow. Grey laughed, then Soulcast the man’s legs into air. The man screamed, falling to the ground and skidding to Grey’s feet.

“Can I tell you something? Listen closely, because this is the most important thing you’ll ever hear.” He crouched down, getting closer to the man before continuing. “You see, you’re right, I am a bit of freak. It’s really not that hard to tell, I mean look at me.” He grabbed the mans shoulders, who recoiled at his touch, turning his face away from Grey’s. “Look at me!” Grey screamed into the mans mind. The man finally looked, directly into the orb that was Grey’s only eye. “But maybe, maybe being a freak isn’t so bad. Maybe it’s a good thing. Maybe having some freaks for the rest of the world to laugh it is a good thing. You all get to gloat with your sheer ordinariness, your average little lives, average little faces, while the rest of us, who are even a little bit different, get to suffer. You think I don’t know, you think I don’t see. The eyes, the stares. I pretend not to care, but I wouldn’t spend 80 years on a project to fix it if I didn’t care. It’s people like you who are the real freaks here.” He grinned, or at least tried to. His tentacles simply wriggled vigorously. The man sobbed in response. “Maybe I’m the normal one, and you with your ordinary little face and ordinary little mind are completely and utterly insane. How fun would that be! Why then you could have all the fun! Freaks like me get to after all.  Why don’t you join us?” The man shook his tears running down his face. “No, please, please” Grey simply shook his head. “Please? Where was this politeness when I asked for my Cornetto?” He Soulcast the man’s face off. The once quite ordinary countenance became literally featureless, simply an ellipsoid of flesh. No openings, or exits. “How do you like it? Being someone like me?” The man didn’t have ears, but that didn’t matter. Yet another benefit of telepathy. The man thrashed in response, trying to escape the prison that encased his mind. Grey laughed, because there wasn’t a key. He stood up, Soulcasting more oxygen into the man’s lungs as he did so. He needed to live for just a little bit longer. Just long enough so that he could finish what he’d started. He looked around, searching for it. The Cornetto. Ah, there it was. Grey walked to the back of the store and grabbed a Cornetto. “Bye Al, I enjoyed our little chat.” He walked out of the store, leaving the thrashing man behind, unwrapped his Cornetto, and reveled in the fall of raindrops.

4 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The acid marred the paint, and began to eat slowly through the metal. It was barraged by tentacle after tentacle, most doing very little, as it had cut of it's oxygen holes. It was barraged, and got hit a multitude of times, but it was fine. Then one tentacle found the hole, left by the spear. It growled, and it tore into it's side, acid dripping. The Leader shook, grabbing the tentacle, ripping it.

As Althea teleported, the leader activated it's pulses again, and the tentacles began to recede, being ripped apart. The leader was bleeding on the ground, and it was an odd violet color. It growled, the lightweaver glyph bleeding to a deep purple.

It slammed it's feet into the ground, and crushed three soldiers who were too close. It's wings swung out, and a massive blast of air threw soldiers back, pushed the sand away. It lumbered forward, towards Tels, who seemed to be the only real threat.

Nothing happened. The leader turned, armor dripping acid, covered in pockmarks, large patches of black paint gouged off.

"Yes. They will stop." The voice was still robotic, but a small amount of tone was there. A small hole in the side of the helmet showed the source. The voice that came faintly through was feminine, full of hatred and anger. "When you so-called Great Guilds are nothing more then ash, when the city you love is an ancient memory."

The violet blood pooled on the ground as she lurched forward, towards Max. "And no one will remember you, no one will remember any of you." She coughed, the robotic voice making it a strange scratchy sound.

The aon chain on her chest glowed brightly, and suddenly, all sound on the rooftop was gone. Any sounds of footsteps, of the patter of rain, anything. No sound at all. In each hand, a chain, barbed spikes at the ends, appeared. Both were aluminum, and both were long. She began to swing them, rushing forward with inhuman speed, even with the blood trail she left.

Aylitha smiled when the tentacle managed to touch the wound. Even when it was ripped away a few cells would remain, would eat into the flesh and multiply. A disease it was, really. Of course, it would take time for it to work its magic, and the leader would probably kill everyone else in the mean time, but still, her fate wouldn't be pretty either. Unless she found a cure, of course. 

Smiling she rose out of the filth in front of the leader as she came running in, holding a white Glaive. She swung it at her, aiming down at her shoulder, trying to intercept her before she could get any further.

Edited by kenod

11 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

After all, it was always better to fight fire with fire.

No, that just burns everything down! Ahhh! You guys and your abominations *grumbles*

Spoiler

:P

Gratefully Mike leaned on Wes and followed him through the streets. They had to hurry. He started to run as fast as he could, now and then missing a step, when one of his feet changed their form.

Stop.

He begged them, wished they would simply leave him alone.

Please. It’s important.

Squid changed his little finger in return and gently hugged his hand. He knew it was supposed to be a nice gesture, to comfort him, but Mike hated it. It was his body, his hand belonged to him and not to them. His body, not theirs. Staggering next to Wes they took a turn and Mike stared at a huge building. Up, they had to get up. Inside. Inside would be better. Everything would be better as long as he got out of this storm.

@I think I am here.

========================

Zokora nodded gratefully and leaned against a wall.

“I wanted to thank you. For helping, and letting us in here.”

She closed her eyes for a moment, before she looked back at her numbers, at the reports.

“This is awful.”

Her words were silent, more to herself than to anybody else.

“Do you think there is chance, that we meet now and then? Judge the situation in the city, have an eye on what’s happening? That we work together to prevent these kind of things?”

@AonEne

19 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Althea, Max said as all sound disappeared. Did they make you deaf as well? They may not have been able to speak with their mouths, but they had always had another way to talk.

The leader rushed forward and with Sethramir Max cut a square hole in the ground underneath where he stood and dropped to the floor below the rooftop, ducking underneath the Leader’s attack.

She moves fast, he said to Althea. What if you soulcast a wall right where she tries to run too?

—-—

Wes ran into the building with Mike. When they were indoors he puffed out in exhaustion and shivered, his shirt was soaked from all the rain. The inside of the building looked like it used to belong to a business before being abandoned, and Wes collected some couches from the lobby and gave them to Mike.

“Sir?” He asked. “Are you okay?”

@Sorana

Voidus didn't wait for the Stranger to reply, in between one step and the next he simply shifted them to the midst of the chaos. Creatures surrounded them on all sides in a myriad of shapes and sizes, some appeared humanoid, others were barely recognizable as creatures at all. There was a cacaphonous wall of sound as they scrabbled, clawed and marched their way towards the inner city.

Voidus flicked his eyes up, seeing the flying creatures that began to enter the city proper, and high above them moved a roiling mass of clouds, wind and rain. He had been within the barrier when this Storm was first created, but he'd seen it a number of times since he came out. It was interesting certainly, and hadn't interfered with the Worldspike or the barrier again, so it seemed safe enough to leave it alone.

A small circle appeared in the clouds overhead, a break in the Storm. It didn't spread very far, simply making a small radius around the area where they now stood. The rain began to lessen shortly after and the winds died down, twisting down other paths in the city but leaving this area oddly calm in spite of the masses of creatures here.

That's a little better. Now what do we have here?
@RayOfSunshine@Fatebreaker
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laurelai felt her smile widen momentarily before she wrested control of it back. Mac was still here after all, they couldn't seem too unprofessional about it. But she was looking forward to getting somewhere they could be off the clock. Normally a giant army attacking the city would make that a little different, but with all the other guilds already fighting, and the department heads of the DA moving to the fore, she didn't imagine they'd change much anyway. As Lita said, they could report anything they saw in the city, but they could at least enjoy themselves while doing so couldn't they?

"Well if I know this city half as well as I think I do." Laurelai began. "All the taverns have probably been destroyed already. They do seem to have around the same life expectancy as an overly trusting citizen walking into a dark Alley."

"But then again..." She smiled as her eyes traced the path that Deteca had taken out of the Alley. "I have been surprised recently by someone like that managing to stay alive. Maybe we're in luck and the Odd Job Tavern did too, only way to find out is to take a trip through some Storm-swept and possibly monster infested streets."

She offered Lita a hand and with her other gestured towards the open streets. "Shall we begin?"
@ZincAboutIt