Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

The stormlight left John's gemstone. He growled, stepping back, and backhanded her. John raised his claws, as if he was going to slash her face. Then the wall behind him exploded. His wing tore at an unnatural angle, and he flew backward. Through the hole in the wall strode Lord Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III, member of the Triarchy. He grinned darkly, and amberite grew up in a suit around him. "Open fire." The House Ebony guards around him opened fire, blasting thousand of bullets at Ark and John. Ark ran forward, grabbing Aln, and threw her out the door. He turned, a sword growing from his hand, and slashed at John, ripping into the bugs. John disintegrated, bugs going every which way, out of the room. Soon, every bug was gone.

Ark grinned, turning back to Aln.

"I hope you weren't hit. We had to get him suddenly, so we could kill as many bugs as possible."

Thank you!

John's backhand slammed her into the wall. The wall burst as he raised his claws, and bullets exploded around her, grazing her ribs, striking her shoulder, and tearing her coat to shreds. The Stormlight she held quickly healed her wounds, but it didn't stop the flashes of pain. She cried out, voice inaudible over the sound of bullets, as a tall man in amberite armor threw her across the room and out of the newly created doorway. She struggled shakily to her feet as the man turned back to her. His voice was familiar, and through her shock she vaguely realized that he was Lord Arkos, the Ghostblood leader that had joined her guild.

"I... No, I'm fine. Thank you," Aln answered. She tried not to look at the insect corpses that littered the room behind them, or the fabrial that lay discarded. "I'm sure you have just saved my life." 

Well, that post officially puts the number of times that Aln had literally been picked up and thrown this plot at three. It appears this is becoming a pattern.

3 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

John's backhand slammed her into the wall. The wall burst as he raised his claws, and bullets exploded around her, grazing her ribs, striking her shoulder, and tearing her coat to shreds. The Stormlight she held quickly healed her wounds, but it didn't stop the flashes of pain. She cried out, voice inaudible over the sound of bullets, as a tall man in amberite armor threw her across the room and out of the newly created doorway. She struggled shakily to her feet as the man turned back to her. His voice was familiar, and through her shock she vaguely realized that he was Lord Arkos, the Ghostblood leader that had joined her guild.

"I... No, I'm fine. Thank you," Aln answered. She tried not to look at the insect corpses that littered the room behind them, or the fabrial that lay discarded. "I'm sure you have just saved my life." 

He nodded tersely. "We're evacuating to Oasis. You will be brought back to the city when all is deemed safe." A woman with violet skin touched her arm. "Are you ready to teleport?"

As he spoke, he stood swiftly, gesturing for the guards to fan out and sweep the area.

4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tena swore. "I watched Hellbent die, dammit. She sighed. "If you dare to go crazy again, I'll kill you and whatever little beast inside of you that makes you like this." She called this to him, irritated, cradling Solace after Ani had apparently forgotten about her. @Ark1002

Anthony looked at her, face hurt. Or, it would be, if it weren't for the bone plates distorting it. "I promise you, dear, that I am Anthony." He turned, kicking one of the siblings in the face with a force that shattered the head like a watermelon hit by a sledgehammer (you should look it up on youtube it's cool).

7 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

He nodded tersely. "We're evacuating to Oasis. You will be brought back to the city when all is deemed safe." A woman with violet skin touched her arm. "Are you ready to teleport?"

As he spoke, he stood swiftly, gesturing for the guards to fan out and sweep the area.

Aln flinched away from the woman's touch, but at his words stiffened and nodded mutely. Teleport? Said the voice in the back of her head. Is that Elsecalling, silimatics, or something else? She ignored it. Those voices were dangerous. 

8 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony looked at her, face hurt. Or, it would be, if it weren't for the bone plates distorting it. "I promise you, dear, that I am Anthony." He turned, kicking one of the siblings in the face with a force that shattered the head like a watermelon hit by a sledgehammer (you should look it up on youtube it's cool).

I've seen it, actually. 

"Well, good," Tena said. "I'd hate to have to watch you try to kill yourself again. And you'd better not kill anyone, okay?" She tapped her foot, irritated. If her sweet, idiotic Ani got taken over by a bloodthirsty killing machine, she'd be very peeved.

3 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln flinched away from the woman's touch, but at his words stiffened and nodded mutely. Teleport? Said the voice in the back of her head. Is that Elsecalling, silimatics, or something else? She ignored it. Those voices were dangerous. 

Ark turned away. "I'll take your silence as a yes. See you on the other side." He made a mock salute, and walked out of the room.

The woman touched Aln's skin again, and they disappeared. 

Shall we move threads? Or do we want to leave this off screen and just be done with it?

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Well, good," Tena said. "I'd hate to have to watch you try to kill yourself again. And you'd better not kill anyone, okay?" She tapped her foot, irritated. If her sweet, idiotic Ani got taken over by a bloodthirsty killing machine, she'd be very peeved.

Anthony nodded, and stepped back, looking around the room.

"Silas, hang in there."

@bees?

36 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

turned away. "I'll take your silence as a yes. See you on the other side." He made a mock salute, and walked out of the room.

The woman touched Aln's skin again, and they disappeared. 

Shall we move threads? Or do we want to leave this off screen and just be done with it?

I'd be fine with just leaving it off screen, since the time skip is coming up. It seems a logical stopping point. If you have something you want to RP, though, then that's also fine.

Talost was the winner in the battle of minds. Silas was shoved down and broken, for now. A more permanent solution would be devised, but all that could be done now was waiting to see how everything turned out.

Talost pulled himself up to walk again, blood spilling from the wounds on his sides. He would die if he did not reach his mother. He needed Progression, and he needed it fast. He barely made it to his Ileya's feet before he collapsed on the ground.

*        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *

Talostr-Akuv and Silas Jostson sat across from each other in a dark room. They were one now. Together. Talas Rajost was all that remained.

@Ark1002 @Sherlock Holmes

Edited by bees?

44 minutes ago, bees? said:

Talost was the winner in the battle of minds. Silas was shoved down and broken, for now. A more permanent solution would be devised, but all that could be done now was waiting to see how everything turned out.

Talost pulled himself up to walk again, blood spilling from the wounds on his sides. He would die if he did not reach his mother. He needed Progression, and he needed it fast. He barely made it to his Ileya's feet before he collapsed on the ground.

*        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *

Talostr-Akuv and Silas Jostson sat across from each other in a dark room. They were one now. Together. Talas Akuson was all that remained.

Tena growled and looked over at her son. "Silas!"

On 9/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Ark1002 said:

Genghis let the staff hit, stopping at the aluminum. He pushed forward, and it pierced the aluminum, running into another layer. He swatted outward at the Jackal.

Jackal dodged under the hand, and grabbed the staff out of Genghis’s helmet.

”Really? Have you ever learned any form of combat? Like, ever?” Jackal taunted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin watched this from a distance, and he frowned. He had seen Jackal do horrible things, and yet, now he was fighting one of the conquers, who should be his ally. Regardless, he called it in, “Hey, base? Jackal. I got him. He’s fighting one of the conquers.”

Walker started. He looked at Dusk and said, “Plan C?” 

“Yeah,” Dusk responded, tossing Walker the leecher orb.

Walker sprinted over to the Jackal and Genghis.

@Ark1002

On 9/11/2019 at 6:13 AM, kenod said:

Fragarach smiled at the man in armor and tilted her sword forwards into a stabbing stance. She kicked off from the ground, jumping forwards, and a gust of wind appeared behind her, propelling her forwards, stabbing the sword towards the man.

@RayOfSunshine

20 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Jackal dodged under the hand, and grabbed the staff out of Genghis’s helmet.

”Really? Have you ever learned any form of combat? Like, ever?” Jackal taunted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin watched this from a distance, and he frowned. He had seen Jackal do horrible things, and yet, now he was fighting one of the conquers, who should be his ally. Regardless, he called it in, “Hey, base? Jackal. I got him. He’s fighting one of the conquers.”

Walker started. He looked at Dusk and said, “Plan C?” 

“Yeah,” Dusk responded, tossing Walker the leecher orb.

Walker sprinted over to the Jackal and Genghis.

@Ark1002

Genghis, distracted by the Jackal, didn't notice Fragarach's attack. It pierced his armor, the wind propelling it into him. Blood spurted out, and he howled, a deep voice. He gripped the blade, and ripped it out of his chest. He snapped it between his massive fingers, then kicked Fragarach, so heard bones broke. He looked down at her. "Puny mortal. You never stood a chance." He stomped, and her head exploded, brains, blood, bone, everything flying out in a circle.

Then he turned to the Jackal, and his muscles bulked even more, until he was twice the size of the Jackal in height. "I've killed your partner. I will kill you next."

I'm sorry this is abrubt, but I need to finish up the thread in the hour, so I'm kinda stuck on time. I'll change it if I have to.

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Tena nodded approvingly, surprisingly calm as she rocked her baby.

3 hours ago, bees? said:

Talostr-Akuv and Silas Jostson sat across from each other in a dark room. They were one now. Together. Talas Akuson was all that remained.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tena growled and looked over at her son. "Silas!"

Anthony walked right up to the collapsed Silas, and slapped him. Hard.

"Come back Silas. Now."

He looked up to the woman, and reached out quickly, touching her. And leeched her.

~-~-~-~-~

A blast hit the robot from the back. He was melted to slag. Standing there was three House Ebony guards. They each had massive guns.

They turned them on the other one, the flesh one, and it burnt. All the creatures it controlled fell, their body emptied of the only thing keeping them alive.

As I said to Kenod, sorry it's anticlimactic, but this needs finished up now.

3 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

“Oh. Too bad. I never met them. And also, the only way you will kill me,” Walker arrived, and pressed the leather orb, “Was just pressed. Crap. What are you doing here!?”

”You’re wanted father, whether you’ve fallen out with your bosses or  not!”

@Ark1002

Genghis growled, but his muscles deflated, leaving him large man, seven feet, broad shouldered, muscular. The armor deflated a bit, then snapped to his skin. He ran forward towards Walker, and punched at him, his massive arm sweeping out.

Tic

Genghis deflated.

Tic

He charged.

Tic.

He hit at Walker.

Tic.

No.

”NO!” Jackal screamer, leaping in front of Walker, stabbing at Genghis’s chest, shattering half of his staff. Genghis hit his head, cracking his mask across the middle, and he falls to the ground. He then stumbles to his feet and says, “Bring it you Roman knock off.”

Walker back away stunned.

Genghis growled, and swiped outward, his strength returning, compounding. He grew large, and he hit the Jackal square in the ribs with his fist, so hard the Jackal's chest crumpled inward like it was hit by a meteor, and the Jackal flew back ten feet.

"I did."

He turned to Walker, and his muscles grew even more.

"Let's end this."

@Darth Woodrack

Edited by Ark1002
@

Walker looked at Jackal flying across the street. He growled, and looked at Genghis. He drew his katana, and flew towards him, driving his katanas through the faceplate, before Genghis could react, the katanas peircing the helmet through the dents made by the Jackal’s staff.

He dropped his katana, blinking. Genghis fell over dead, blood spilling from his head, a pair of katana spiked through his eyes. He looked around and ran over to the dying Jackal.

”Why? Why did you it?” Walker yelled at him.

”Which part?” Jackal groaned, “The massive criminal organization, or the sacrificing myself for you?”

”Both!” Walker yelled.

”Ah,” Jackal croaked, “The first part was that damnation, annoying Voidspren-“

WHO YOU CALLING ANNOYING!” Jackals Voidspren screamed it flew by.

“Driving me mad. Then you broke it off my head, and I got better. Now all I want to do is get back to saving the universe. To bad it seems like I’m going out now. Hey, you get me a statue, Okay?” Jackal said, grinning, despite his impending death.

”You son of a cremling! Don’t leave me again!” Walker screamed at him.

”Sorry my pupil. I’m out,” Jackal said before dying.

”No, no, no,” Walker said, crying over his masters body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin watched this from a distance and scowled.

”Kevin, come in! What happened? Is Walker—“ Kevin ripped it his earpiece and crushed it on he ground. He was done.

5 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

As I said to Kenod, sorry it's anticlimactic, but this needs finished up now.

It’s fine. Time for my last post of Era 3 (I guess we can just assume Wes made the EMP) :P

Everything went full circle eventually.

As the robotic conqueror turned to slag Max landed from his jump, the force of the missile explosion throwing him to the side. Wind raced past his face, throwing his hair in wild directions. Slamming Sethramir down to anchor himself back to the ground Max reflected the battle. Reflected how it was all over. Here he was, on a rooftop as a War was won below, all lights quenched for the invaders.

Remember when you used to be so terrified of hemalurgy? He asked himself. When he would run into a different room, whenever Silphio would try to talk to him. When he had had nightmares of creatures with spikes, and now he was here. This victory was different from when he had overcome his fear of Hemalurgy facing against Atticus. For 17 years, Max had hoped he could help, had wished he could’ve done more than stand by as AlleyCity got destroyed in the Seven Day War.

And now, he’d fulfilled that wish. It was like he had solved everything that had been bothering him all these years. Closure. Everything going full circle. What was once a scared child on a hemalurgic warzone was now a man who had been facing off of Conquerors. And both times, he had had Sethramir in his grasp, once as an item given to him from a hero fated for death, and now for him. Now, his own weapon.

Max.

Sethramir. It was glowing. It felt warm, and as Max reflected it began to shift. It became slimmer in his hand, more streamlined, a tip appearing at the front and its swordlike stature ascending to something more.

Max.

When all was done a glowing spear lay in Max’s hand, and he looked down upon it with contentment. He had made peace with his life, with all the trials, all the battles, because it was he did. It was what they all did. Such a big day, from Vesuvius, to the Phoenix, to this. He had made peace with his power, the dilemma of whether to control or not. Of whether it was ethical.

Max.

And as Sethramir’s voice drifted into his ear, a soft tune to contrast the sharp sounds of a battle ending, Max realised. All this time, he had been asking Devaan how to do this, how to unlock Sethramir’s full potential. As wind began to swirl around Max, throwing up dust, he realised he had been thinking about it all wrong. Sethramir as a spear was aerodynamic and smooth in his hands, and he shifted the spear around in a sharp turn, his experience with a staff showing and sending a plume of sharp wind into a wall, crumbling it to ash.

Now you understand. Hello, Max.

Hello, Sethramir.

I'm not satisfied, but I want to post this today. It's the best I can do for now.

Althea was relieved when the Underlings came, when they did something, when the robot was killed. Finally. She exhaled and closed her eyes, absently minded leaned against a wall, looked over the city again. She had been doing that a lot lately, looked at her failure. Brashen hugged her neck and she touched him gently, pulled out her device and started to give orders. Look for injured, check the state of the hospital. Restore neccessary - her head swam and she handed everything over to Zokora for now.

The light inside of her flickered when she slowly sat down, glad about the last bit of strength she could suck from the light. Her eyes rested on Max for a moment, with his glowing weapon. So he'd finally managed. It was good that there was a happy end for some. Some good and positive in this whirlwind of destruction.

Her failure was like a thick blanket suffocating her slowly, she'd allowed herself to be distracted by Vesuvius, had been trapped by her fear and trauma. And it hadn't changed. She'd taken a step, but in the end one step forward and several backwards - what use was her oath, when she was still failing? When she was doing nothing but watch the city got destroyed. There was no excuse, no way out. She should have seen this coming. Or at least, she should have been here.

Althea closed her eyes when her body sucked up the remaining stormlight, when her exhaustion slammed down on her, when breathing itself became difficult. She knew she had to get up, had to work, had to concentrate, but her thoughts fled her, when her body finally took what was his. Rest and respite. Making up would have to wait.

===========

Mike watched the robot die almost distached from his own feelings. He took a step back, then another one, fled the roof, allowed squirrel to run for him, away, far away. He needed time, time to understand what happened, what he had done. Time to grasp what it meant and how he would change.

He jumped down some stairs, his feet hitting the ground and he bent his knees, then ran foward again. Squirrel liked to jump and he surrendered control, almost flew down the stairs. Back to Oasis, get an assignment far, far away. Away from the destruction.

Fox seemed to laugh and Mike hissed in fear, in anger. Find a way to keep fox in check. He could return once that was settled. Once hewas safe again.

But for now he fled, he ran, ran from his problems, from his friends. Ran because he was afraid, unable to face his problems or to even talk about them. They would laugh if he talked about the ghost of a spike wringing control from him. Mike ran. For now he would run.

KanMien watched to robot explode and lowered their guns, sighing in relief. They looked over to the other people there, and started walking in their direction. After a few steps they paused though, turning around they shook their head and walked into the nearest alley. They had something more important to deal with first.

Carrying a tray KanMien walked through the alleys, their weapons left in a storage alley. They knocked on the door, and waited. Hearing a faint reply they opened it, nodding to Kumiko. A soft smile on their face they sat down on a chair next to their bed, putting the tray on the nightstand.
"You're alright?" Kumiko asked, a hint of concern in her voice.
"Of course I am," they answered with a smile. "I promised I would be, didn't I?"
"That you did," Kumiko said. "Just so you know," she added in a stern tone, "if you had broken that promise I would have killed you, understood?"
Wouldn't I have been dead already in that case? KanMien thought. "Understood," they said out loud. Smiling they gestured to the tray they had brought, and the objects on it. "I figured you'd want some tea," they said. Looking at her expression they chuckled and poured two cups, handing one to her.
Both of them fell into a relaxed silence, sipping from their tea. Looking down at Kumiko they smiled and made up their mind. They had to get stronger, to be able to stand on the same level as Kumiko, to be able to properly support her. Even if that means letting go of the past, they thought, sensing the two spikes in their back, still hot from their use during the fighting.