Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

8 hours ago, Rushu42 said:
8 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

In that case, why does Voidus need an army?

That's a good question. We should ask him.

@Voidus

It isn't an army. It's a bunch of random experiments we take out for a stroll every once in a while.

13 hours ago, kenod said:

Aylitha watched the grunt drop of the roof, taking the man with them. Shrugging she stood up, looking around at the others still there. In the end she decided to walk over to the two guild leaders, figuring that it might be good to know what they were planning to do.

Althea turned to Aylitha and wordlessly offered a canteen full of water. They could care about guild differences after this.... little problem.

"We should probably try to find out, if there are other squads like this one. See if we can take them by surprise."

She stated and then looked at Max. Injured. Worry grabbed her heart and she wished she could do something, but she couldn't. Healing was an art she'd never learned. Press your hands on the bleeding wound and call for a healer.

No other plans on my side. Althea can't heal. I'll leave the decision to Itiah, it's his character after all. Althea would love it, if you healed him. One thing less to worry about.

@kenod

@I think I am here.

=================

Mike screamed in fear, grabbed his knife and jumped towards the beast. There was no way out, no way to escape. But he wouldn't cower here and wait for death to grab him. He could at least try to do something more than run uselessly around.

With another scream he jumped upwards, his knife aiming for the body of the beast, of the awful creature. Buy time. All he had to do was buy time for Wes and Tels to finally kill that thing.

@RayOfSunshine

Yes, if you could heal Max that would be great :lol:

“Yes,” Max said and suddenly there was a large bang, like the sound of an explosion and Max looked over the edge of the roof. A bright blue light had formed in the city, and suddenly it grew to gigantic proportions, a massive blue dome of a forcefield, charged up with the Canton’s signature form of Aonic Investiture.

“The first shield,” he said to Althea. He had severely underestimated how much power each shield had. With the same type, it would only require one more shield to completely seal off an area of the city, not two.

“All we need is another one,” he said. “And we can trap them.”

——-

Time. All Wes needed was time.

Yelling he swivelled the machinegun and fired off a barrage of bullets. Most were deflected by the creature’s tectonic scales but Wes didn’t care, he fired wherever he could, he fired at the wings, and at any opening of the scales he could see. The eyes, the flesh, the wings, Wes fired at it all, trying his best not to fire near where Mike was standing.

“Die, die, die!” He yelled, the warcry seeming kind of funny coming from a kid as small as Wes.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea turned to Aylitha and wordlessly offered a canteen full of water. They could care about guild differences after this.... little problem.

"We should probably try to find out, if there are other squads like this one. See if we can take them by surprise."

She stated and then looked at Max. Injured. Worry grabbed her heart and she wished she could do something, but she couldn't. Healing was an art she'd never learned. Press your hands on the bleeding wound and call for a healer.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Yes,” Max said and suddenly there was a large bang, like the sound of an explosion and Max looked over the edge of the roof. A bright blue light had formed in the city, and suddenly it grew to gigantic proportions, a massive blue dome of a forcefield, charged up with the Canton’s signature form of Aonic Investiture.

“The first shield,” he said to Althea. He had severely underestimated how much power each shield had. With the same type, it would only require one more shield to completely seal off an area of the city, not two.

“All we need is another one,” he said. “And we can trap them.”

Aylitha took the canteen out of instinct, then looking at it once she realized what it was. She wondered what she should do with it. She normally didn't need to drink, but it had been given to her. In the end she just drunk a bit to be polite, then handed it back. Looking at them she noticed the man was wounded. She tilted her head, wondering why the woman hadn't healed him. She was a transmuter, after all. Or was that called differently here? She shook her head. The woman probably just lacked the training. A pity, that was. If only she had worked for the bio-science department.

Muttering to herself Aylitha knelt down in front of the man, grabbing his injured leg, making sure to avoid the wound. "Stand still please," she said, sounding somewhat detached. "That way I can heal this wound." Small tentacles flowed from her hand, each splitting into yet smaller tentacles, until they formed a web so small it was impossible to distinguish the individual strands. The thin web draped itself over the wounds, first depositing a painkiller, then a weak acid to kill bacteria. After that they slowly started depositing new cells, using the man's DNA to build the cells. She frowned. She always disliked working with human cells. It was difficult for her powers to create them, and she had to manually put them in the right location, without being able to grow new cells from the old ones. Slowly the wound closed though, the web contracting until the whole wound was gone.

Aylitha stood up, smiling at what she had done. Sure, working with human cells was annoying, but still, it was somewhat of an accomplishment, manually rebuilding human flesh. Cracking her fingers she looked at the others. "Done." She said.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

The tails shot out, slashing through the sand, turning it black.

The tails grabbed the now falling Mike, and put him on the ground in front of the Manticorus.

It blasted it's wings out, shielding the area from Wes or Tels.

20 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Time. All Wes needed was time.

Yelling he swivelled the machinegun and fired off a barrage of bullets. Most were deflected by the creature’s tectonic scales but Wes didn’t care, he fired wherever he could, he fired at the wings, and at any opening of the scales he could see. The eyes, the flesh, the wings, Wes fired at it all, trying his best not to fire near where Mike was standing.

“Die, die, die!” He yelled, the warcry seeming kind of funny coming from a kid as small as Wes.

Tels swore loudly as the tails shot through the ribbons, turning them all black. He tried to fly over the beast, but right as he leapt into the air, he fell back down with a thud.

Tels was all out of sand. 

He rose shakily to his feet, searching for any sand that was white, but there was only black sand covering the battle field. With nothing else to do, he started to jog back over to Wes.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

Truthless, you're seriously getting annoying. Your character is doing things that the Manticorus would stop. You can't just fix everything with a wave of your hand. Please stop, and I'm going to have to ask you to change the post. It wouldn't have let you do any of that.

@Truthless of Shinovar

14 hours ago, kenod said:

Aylitha stood up, smiling at what she had done. Sure, working with human cells was annoying, but still, it was somewhat of an accomplishment, manually rebuilding human flesh. Cracking her fingers she looked at the others. "Done." She said.

“Rust,” Max said in astonishment, looking down at his leg. It was healed perfectly, using whatever technique the DA member had acquired. Though his fear and caution of hemalurgy still remained from his childhood, Max found himself wondering what other secrets glad in the DA headquarters that only they could access.

The Canton had its own specialties, Max reminded himself, as with a smile he looked to the supermassive forcefield that protected half the city.

“It’s unlike any other type of healing I’ve seen,” Max said still in amazement, looking back at his leg.

6 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

I... 

Ok, yeah, you’re totally right... I’m sorry for all that, this is still my first fight in the Alleyverse, I’m still pretty inexperienced... I don’t know, just the concept of me losing (and I know this sounds really selfish and narsacicitst of me) kinda seems like it just shouldn’t happen. I feel like I want to do everything that I possibly can to stretch what’s possible if it means me winning, and I’m sorry for that. Plus the fact that you had to point this out for me to realize it.... well yeah. I’m really sorry and super embarrassed, and I promise that I will do better from here on out:wacko:

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“It’s unlike any other type of healing I’ve seen,” Max said still in amazement, looking back at his leg.

Althea took the canteen back and handed it to Max. He looked better, amazed, but better. And he could walk again. He wouldn't die. Just like he promised.

"Thank you."

She told Aylita, hiding the relief in her voice, but made sure to appear honest.

"I really appreciate your help."

Max was fine. A knot of tension in her shoulders loosened, when she stopped to worry about him. At least for the moment. Her eyes swept over the buildings, the destruction and she swallowed. This had been going on for too long. They needed to stop this and they needed to do it soon.

"I think we should try and search for Lord Ajax himself. I doubt we can stop this, without killing him and I see no reason to put it off for longer than neccessary. This is our city, not his. And it's time that little cremling is wiped out of existence."

@kenod

====================

Zokora watched Walker go, then she contacted one of her men, and pulled his location up on her device. Then shegently  picked up Deteca. The woman looked bad, was mumbling, but obviously barely grasping what was going on anymore.

"I've got healer amongst my men."

She told her and started to carry her through the tunnels, followed the little signal she was getting. Together with the maps Deteca had allowed her to access she was able to find him in this maze, although she doubted she would ever find her way back to breach on her own. Not that it mattered. That problem was solved. Unsolved were the other three red dots, indicating a breach as well. Or the mass of yellow ones indicating a cirtical situation. They needed to continue the evacuation - get all these people out of the city. Setting Deteca down next to the man she looked into his eyes.

"Do you best. She has to survive, no matter the cost. And don't harm her in any way."

Confused he nodded, then knelt down and started to examine the wound.

Zokora observed his movements, then she contacted Oasis.

Do you have a preference regarding the healing, Ene? With Investiture, without, the type of Investiture?

@AonEne

====================

Don't worry about it Truthless! You are doing an awesome job in this plot, it's a difficult situation! *joins in clapping*

(And please don't worry about Mike, I agreed to have him cornered so that a character of Ark can get back to his senses. It just happened to be that fight.)

@Truthless of Shinovar

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“I think we should try and search for Lord Ajax himself. I doubt we can stop this, without killing him and I see no reason to put it off for longer than neccessary. This is our city, not his. And it's time that little cremling is wiped out of existence."

“I couldn’t agree more,” Max said, standing up and looking across the edge of the rooftop.

“He must be contacting these monsters somehow. I wonder if he captured one of the leaders, we could see whatever device he’s using to transmit orders to them and trace it to a certain location?”

4 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I... 

Ok, yeah, you’re totally right... I’m sorry for all that, this is still my first fight in the Alleyverse, I’m still pretty inexperienced... I don’t know, just the concept of me losing (and I know this sounds really selfish and narsacicitst of me) kinda seems like it just shouldn’t happen. I feel like I want to do everything that I possibly can to stretch what’s possible if it means me winning, and I’m sorry for that. Plus the fact that you had to point this out for me to realize it.... well yeah. I’m really sorry and super embarrassed, and I promise that I will do better from here on out:wacko:

Truthless, I’ve been around since early era two, and I still do stuff like that. And I argue the point with whoever is telling me I can’t do it. You just accepted it. I mean, I’m just a naturally argumentative person, and I’m trying to work on that, but still. Bravo. Though, Ark, to be fair, you do to.(Though for you it’s mainly because Hellbent is so OP he would be able to stop everything his enemies do with a wave of his hand.)

Edited by Darth Woodrack

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Rust,” Max said in astonishment, looking down at his leg. It was healed perfectly, using whatever technique the DA member had acquired. Though his fear and caution of hemalurgy still remained from his childhood, Max found himself wondering what other secrets glad in the DA headquarters that only they could access.

The Canton had its own specialties, Max reminded himself, as with a smile he looked to the supermassive forcefield that protected half the city.

Aylitha looked at him, a small smirk on her face. "I am quite unique, so that makes sense," she said. "Or, well, maybe I'm not that unqiue," she added. "I'm not sure, depends on your perspective, I guess." She tilted her head, thinking, her foot tapping on the ground. "If you want to find the enemy leader, I know where he was when he unleashed the monsters. That was why I came here originally, you know, to tell you that he did it." Absentmindedly she nodded. "Yes, but my other body is telling the other DA leaders about him now. They'll be looking as well." A smirk came on her face. "You know what," she said, sounding happy, "lets go looking for him. It would be fun to beat my other self." A short giggle escaped. Smiling, she told them of the factory outside the city where she had found the monsters.

@Sorana

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Zokora watched Walker go, then she contacted one of her men, and pulled his location up on her device. Then shegently  picked up Deteca. The woman looked bad, was mumbling, but obviously barely grasping what was going on anymore.

"I've got healer amongst my men."

She told her and started to carry her through the tunnels, followed the little signal she was getting. Together with the maps Deteca had allowed her to access she was able to find him in this maze, although she doubted she would ever find her way back to breach on her own. Not that it mattered. That problem was solved. Unsolved were the other three red dots, indicating a breach as well. Or the mass of yellow ones indicating a cirtical situation. They needed to continue the evacuation - get all these people out of the city. Setting Deteca down next to the man she looked into his eyes.

"Do you best. She has to survive, no matter the cost. And don't harm her in any way."

Confused he nodded, then knelt down and started to examine the wound.

Zokora observed his movements, then she contacted Oasis.

Neil followed behind her, uncertain of what else to do. What had happened to that creature... he'd never seen anything like it before. Granted, he hadn't seen a lot, but this seemed... different, somehow. More unusual than normal.

Could this be it? he wondered. The thing I'm looking for?

The thought filled him with excitement- and with dread.

Edited by xinoehp512

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Do you have a preference regarding the healing, Ene? With Investiture, without, the type of Investiture?

With some type of magic would be faster, but it's up to you.

2 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I find it kind of amusing how people are just picking up a full grown woman, and carrying her around like a rag doll.

Eh, she has Stormlight :P

Deteca felt herself be picked up, registering the fact that Zokora was carrying her. She tried, with effort, to think through what had happened and was happening. The monster they'd been fighting was dead. It hadn't been there when she'd woken up - from apparently passing out, but not for long - and Walker had said it was gone. Her thoughts gave out to numbness; a few minutes passed before she regained the drive to be again. So, it was gone. How had it died? Perhaps Neil had gotten in a good blast of energy. Confronted with no more ideas no matter how hard she tried, Deteca exhaled and let herself drift for a bit again.

She was set down, but didn't open her eyes. Even if she'd had the strength, even if she'd wanted to, Deteca still wasn't sure she would've opened her eyes. It was so much easier not to struggle against this. @Sorana @xinoehp512 @Darth Woodrack (because I assume your person is following us on Walker's orders?)

On 8/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, Rushu42 said:

Aln frowned again. "So, you claim that Lord Ajax is powerful enough to defeat the Dark Alley, yes? In that case, why is an army necessary? From what I've heard, Voidus could likely level the city on his own. Surely anyone able to defeat one such as him has no need for subordinates." 

He smirked and shook his head, as if amused by her ignorance.

"On Roshar, there's a saying." He looked at her, and suddenly his face was dead serious. "Shardbearers can't hold ground."

On 8/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, Sorana said:

They could care about guild differences after this.... little problem.

Mike screamed in fear, grabbed his knife and jumped towards the beast. There was no way out, no way to escape. But he wouldn't cower here and wait for death to grab him. He could at least try to do something more than run uselessly around.

With another scream he jumped upwards, his knife aiming for the body of the beast, of the awful creature. Buy time. All he had to do was buy time for Wes and Tels to finally kill that thing.

@RayOfSunshine

I'd hate to see what classifies as a major problem :P

The tail shot out, knocking him down. The creature raised it's tails, and prepared to kill him, mandibles clacking.

~-~-~-~-~

Far in the sky, Dark Phoenix still surveyed the city. She hadn't moved, just flapped in place. Her gaze sometimes zoned in on something. She had watched a battle on a rooftop, a Minotaur slaughter it's way through minor soldiers, a trap with a forcefield.

A mouse getting eaten by a cat.

All entertained her equally, none holding her attention for long. For she was a creature of the air, a god among ants, and the affairs of the mortals was something far beneath her. But then she heard something. She recognized a scream with the small part of her that retained any human feelings, words, memory. But why had this intrigued her? What about this scream, out of the thousands of howling voices in the city, crying for mothers, crying in rage, crying out of fear, had gotten her attention? There didn't seem to be anything special about the voice. When the scream came again, she zeroed in on the voice, her incredible eyesight moving perfectly to the source.

It was... a teenage boy? She felt confusion. Why would a teenage boy hold her attention? Nothing seemed special about him.

Inquisitive, she sent a mindlink to him, figuring out who he was. He had spikes. That might explain it, but plenty of those within the city had spikes. The spikes didn't affect his voice. Then she noticed something. Deep within her, a small voice was building. It was tiny, and she barely heard it. But it was there.

And it was screaming.

She shook her head, snorting a burst of her dark fire and literally cooking a nearby turkeyparrotbatthing. She raised her wings, and flapped up, then toward the scene, determined to get rid of this strange boy who was interfering with her mind. As she finished this thought, the screaming got louder, to the point it was giving her a pounding headache. This made her all the more determined, which made the headache worse, which, in turn, made her even more determined.

Then, a building or two away, she pulled up short. Her mind had finally picked out what this strange scream was saying. It was a name, a human name.

Mike.

Her body shook, sparks flying out around her. The name triggered something within her. She no longer wanted to kill the handsome... her thoughts trailed off. What was happening to her? A human? Attractive? She snorted again, and prepared to put an end to whatever he was doing.

But this time, the scream changed to words again, a chant.

Don't kill him don't kill him don't kill him

She shook her head, purple-red mist eyes moving in and out of focus. She watched as the scorlionmanbat raised it's tail to strike him down. It looked like her problem had been solved for her. The tails began moving, but the chant began again.

Save him save him save him

She shook her head, trying to clear it.

And then it came back to her. She had loved this human, wanted to be with him, been scared that she wouldn't be loved by him.

She was going to save him.

~-~-~-~-~-~

The Manticorus moved. It's tails flashed forward towards Mike, so fast they were blurs in the air. And then, inches from him, the tails stopped. Or, rather, stopped existing. The ends had been burnt off. It howled in pain, stepping backward over it's tail, falling. In the air in front of Mike was a Phoenix. A giant, black Phoenix. It stared at the Manticorus, and for the first time, the Manticorus knew true fear.

When it moved, the Manticorus whimpered.

When it struck, the Manticorus accepted it's fate.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Bellatrix dropped to the ground in front of the charred corpse, it's tails burnt off, it's wings full of burnt holes, its face a bubbling mess of black cracks.

She wore no clothes, and knelt in front of Mike. Her hair had no highlights left, and was only white. Her gray mark was visible on her arm. Something had changed though. Her back now had a tattoo. Curled wings, made of fire, pitch black.

Her violet eyes looked at Mike, and tears ran down her face.

Her lips moved silently, no sound coming out, mouthing I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

Then, naked, exhausted, afraid, Bellatrix collapsed on the ground, unaware of the world

Hope you like the post everyone! This one was a lot of fun to write!

Also, I finally got to use Truthless's nickname for the Manticorus!

17 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Wow. Good job on the apology. We rarely have members that humble after sticking around this long :P

If you don't have a certain blend of stubbornness, ego, and intelligence, the Alleyverse is usually too much. Makes for an interesting group ;)

7 hours ago, kenod said:

Aylitha looked at him, a small smirk on her face. "I am quite unique, so that makes sense," she said. "Or, well, maybe I'm not that unqiue," she added. "I'm not sure, depends on your perspective, I guess." She tilted her head, thinking, her foot tapping on the ground. "If you want to find the enemy leader, I know where he was when he unleashed the monsters. That was why I came here originally, you know, to tell you that he did it." Absentmindedly she nodded. "Yes, but my other body is telling the other DA leaders about him now. They'll be looking as well." A smirk came on her face. "You know what," she said, sounding happy, "lets go looking for him. It would be fun to beat my other self." A short giggle escaped. Smiling, she told them of the factory outside the city where she had found the monsters.

@Sorana

What? I missed the factory part, didn't I. What factory??