Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

16 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"Right," she said, "I meant the Bureau. But how is Lord Ajax going to stop them? I thought that the DA was very powerful."

He nodded. "They are. But Lord Ajax... Lord Ajax is very powerful as well."

16 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Now. Tels flew down and grabbed another lost grenade, shot in front of the beast, unpinned the grenade, and chucked it in front of its face, making sure that Mike was far enough away that it wouldn’t do him any harm. Tels hand rested in his last grenade, ready to unpin it at any second

13 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike continued to yell at the beast. He moved backwards, until his back hit a wall. Bad. That was bad. To the right, nothing but an endless drop. To the left. Wes. Mike paled, stared at the huge monster. He grabbed a knife, threw it at the thing, hoped he would hit it, hit anything.

"Faster."

He screamed, although he knew, that Wes was shooting as fast as he could. Still he screamed, because it meant he did something. It was better than doing nothing. anything was better than doing nothing. Another knife flew. Faster. Please, faster. Die, die, die! He mentally urged the thing on. Die, just die! Just die!

============

@I think I am here.

@RayOfSunshine

The beast was ready. It let go of the living soldier, throwing him into the grenade. It blew up, taking the soldier with him.

He landed with a thump, and stones clattered on the ground. A huge wave of dust and wind flew up around him, washing over the square, as if the Manticorus was the center of an earthquake. It growled, and put one paw forward. It had been about ten feet from Mike, but it's front paw was now five feet from him. He lifted it, readying it to crush him.

9 hours ago, kenod said:

Aylitha watched the grunt drag off the person they had been fighting. She took a deep breath, just so that she could let out a sigh. Internally she debated if she should save him or not. It wasn't as if they'd be much help based on their current performance. She shook her head, and with a wave of her hand sent a number of tentacles from her body to attack the grunt. If it worked she'd get rid of those grunts once and for all, and if she didn't... Well, no skin of her back.

It brought the sand master close, and pulsed out from outside of it, destroying the tentacles.

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"I don't either," Tena said with a sigh, leaning her head back and huffing.

He sighed. "Then what are we doing here?"

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

@RayOfSunshine @Sorana @xinoehp512

Deteca blinked, trying to decipher that one, when Zokora tackled her out of the way of the fire and attacking monster. The two women skidded onto the ground, and Deteca sucked in a breath at the rough ground - then instantly felt stupid for thinking the tunnel floor was painful when she was fighting for her life. You know what would hurt more? DYING.

Struggling up and helping Zokora up as well, she realized she'd dropped the swords and began searching for them, but covertly, while speaking to the complicated thing. "Protecting your family is commendable, but there are other ways to do it." Ways that don't involve killing people, she wanted to scream, but swallowed it. "I want to protect the people I love too. For me, that's my guild." She spotted one sword behind it and wrote that one off as a lost cause. "We probably would kill you, but not because of your species, whatever that is. Because most people don't trust people who kill other people."

Her eyes fixed on the young Lightweaver, now dead, and her hate and fury seemed to sink away into emptiness. Seeing and picking up the other sword, Deteca said quietly, "So I'm sorry that I'm fighting you now. Maybe that just shows how innocent I am when it comes to this side of battle, I don't know."

She looked at Zokora, then gripped the sword in both hands and moved to stab at the Aon-creating foe.

It growled, putting up a new shield to deflect it, stepping in and slashing at Deteca's side with it's massive claws.

"Thee humans art all the same.  Declaring one thing, believing anoth'r.  Acting on lies, on hypocrisy.  Thee disgust me, and thou art did suppose to beest the valorous guild, the one we can trusteth." It stepped back, uncaring if he had succeeded in his attack. "Thee maketh me sick.  Disgusting slime, thee forswear m're than the dark alley.  Thee sayeth not aught yond is very much true.  T maketh me wisheth i hadst hath killed thee quick, bef're i hadst to witness thy true c'rruption" He growled. "Thee misprise the "evil guild", those who is't sacrifice oth'rs."

And when he spoke again, his voice was bitter, biting. "Seemeth to me thee both sacrifice oth'rs f'r thy owneth pow'r"

4 hours ago, bees? said:

“Then maybe you could let us clear up some of your confusion!” Talostr-Akuv strode to the door of the dismal dwelling, his brothers, sisters, and even parents following behind him, having sacrificed most major leadership to their chosen heir. He hoisted his dark, damasked Shardblade high into the air above his head, swinging it around and slamming it down into the ground. His left hand tingled, still not used to existence, his right hand crackling with blood red lighting. “It is time you learn the truth about your past foolishness and repent for your failings... with your blood.”

@Sherlock Holmes @RayOfSunshine

Will do!

Well, back to the rp this now. Just a bit a bit of retconning, Silva (My space marine) left the building before it was turned to slag.

Walker dashed into the tunnels and decapitated a pair of crazy bird people and then heard someone screaming, “CLEAN YOUR CLASSES!”

The being screaming this turned out to be an orange skinned old man with a bottle of glasses cleaner in one hand, and a scimitar in the other, swinging his sword wildly, decapitating anyone who got in his way. Walker stabbed him through the face and then spun around to kill the giant frog thing with a plunger attached by the handle to the top of it’s tongue with a quick slash to it’s head.

”Anyone need an assist?” Walker yelled to the rest of the tunnel.

8 hours ago, bees? said:

“Then maybe you could let us clear up some of your confusion!” Talostr-Akuv strode to the door of the dismal dwelling, his brothers, sisters, and even parents following behind him, having sacrificed most major leadership to their chosen heir. He hoisted his dark, damasked Shardblade high into the air above his head, swinging it around and slamming it down into the ground. His left hand tingled, still not used to existence, his right hand crackling with blood red lighting. “It is time you learn the truth about your past foolishness and repent for your failings... with your blood.”

@Sherlock Holmes @RayOfSunshine

Tena almost jumped. Almost. "That sounds terribly religious, and sorry, honey, no god has ever done me any good." Tena analyzed the man there as she rocked her baby gently. Red lightning meant Parsh, so he had a gemheart. That Shardblade was likely either corrupted, or Awakened. She kept the corner of her eye on the floor where it had hit, watching to see what happened to the floor. She took a step back and held her baby to her chest, but did not look at her husband as she spoke to him. "Ani, my love, come here and take Sol." @RayOfSunshine

12 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:
On 8/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Rushu42 said:

He nodded. "They are. But Lord Ajax... Lord Ajax is very powerful as well."

Aln frowned. Do I press for details? She deliberated for a moment, then asked, "What sort of Investiture does your Lord Ajax use? Can he access the Void?"

Is that correct terminology?

Edited by Rushu42

5 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The beast was ready. It let go of the living soldier, throwing him into the grenade. It blew up, taking the soldier with him.

He landed with a thump, and stones clattered on the ground. A huge wave of dust and wind flew up around him, washing over the square, as if the Manticorus was the center of an earthquake. It growled, and put one paw forward. It had been about ten feet from Mike, but it's front paw was now five feet from him. He lifted it, readying it to crush him.

Tels commanded his ribbons to pick and Mike and carry him away, out of the path of the huge claw. I need some more water... he thought as the ribbons shot forward.

@RayOfSunshine

@Sorana

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Faster."

He screamed, although he knew, that Wes was shooting as fast as he could. Still he screamed, because it meant he did something. It was better than doing nothing. anything was better than doing nothing. Another knife flew. Faster. Please, faster. Die, die, die! He mentally urged the thing on. Die, just die! Just die!

“Sir yes sir!” Wes said, used to being screamed at by his superiors. He watched as the creature dove and went nearer to Mike, just as the machine gun began to become low on ammo. He began to target it more at the monster, and some of the bullets at passing by abominations.

— —

On 15/08/2019 at 1:13 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

The beast howled at them, springing forward to engulf them. And engulf them it did.

But as it did so, it felt a splitting pain. It could feel itself being cut apart on the inside, slash by slash. It could also feel itself killing those inside, decaying them. But they had something healing them... something that was keeping them alive.

It howled, a million voices resonating as one. And finally, the souls inside went out. But it's soul... it's soul flickered like a candle almost out of wick. It was barely alive, shrunken, a husk compared to it's former glory. It crawled forward slowly, only the size of a car. It had five heads left that were visible. A whitespine, a lizard, a shark, a bear, a panther. The ground decayed only in patches underneath it. Some stayed the same. It made a pitiful sound, like crying, mewling, whimpering, all at once. It had almost reached the shield, and it lunged forward at the remaining Canton soldiers.

75% Charge.

Out of the remaining five Canton members, two brought out their guns before they were immediately consumed and one drew an Aon Edo shield the other two hid behind. He the decaying power of the monster battered the shield, forced the Canton operative’s power dry.

“I can’t hold it for long!” He screamed as the Charge reached 80%.

“You can do it!” Cried the other two remaining operatives, knowing what they had to do. The Edo shield broke down and the operative was swallowed in a mess of decay and pain. The other two operatives screamed and one grabbed the others’ shoulders.

“When I’m gone,” she said, slowly. “I want you to take care of my cats.”

“Tali, no. Please, I love you!” There were tears in both of their eyes now.

“I love you too, Haster. I love you so, so much. But Aethers like me were meant for this.”

And at the yell of the man the woman stepped back and channeled her Ferrous Aether, becoming a large mechanical shield that covered the charger in the dome. As it was a living piece of metal, it was effectively a large Invested shield. The man cried out, he knew as well as anyone the change was permanent and she wouldn’t survive. And in his last moments, he used his microburst power and nicrobursted his love until he collapsed in a heap from exhaustion.

90%

All Canton forced dead, only a large nicrobursted Ferrous shield in the way between life and death.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Sir yes sir!” Wes said, used to being screamed at by his superiors. He watched as the creature dove and went nearer to Mike, just as the machine gun began to become low on ammo. He began to target it more at the monster, and some of the bullets at passing by abominations.

Mike felt the sand wrap itself around his chest and he was yanked out of the way. He screamed in surprise, his arms failing when he tried to hold to something. But he was out of the way. Wes continued to shoot and Mike only lifted his hands, hung the air and hoped the monster would die.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@RayOfSunshine

RIP Tali's cats.

This conversation is actually great for her character development, I might have her think about it later :P

Its claws made contact, and Deteca yelped, stumbling away. It hurt. It hurt like poison. It hurt almost as badly as what it was saying. Should she refute it? She looked up at the thing, fumbling for words, and finally just said, "Maybe." Her voice was low; she was suddenly having trouble getting up the energy to yell. It felt like her adrenaline was racing the empty, floating feeling in her stomach.

I should never fight anything again, she thought. I'm awful at it, and I hate it, and I hate what he's saying, and I hate that I don't know what to say back, and I hate that I can't protect my guild by fighting. I hate this whatever-it-is, for killing TUBAists, for killing anyone at all, and I hate that it's making me kill it, and I...I...

Deteca wavered, sword drooping, black spots gathering at the edges of her vision. Some stayed there, throbbing with the pain in her side, but some moved toward the center of her vision, where the gorilla-cat-dog-monster stood; the blackness seemed to be tugging on her, or maybe she was tugging on it? She waved her hand in front of her face, but the darkness didn't go away - it went faster until it impacted the auburn-furred thing's head.

And that head started to disappear.

The next thing Deteca saw was the rocky ceiling as she stared up at it, though it was blurry. She felt so cold, expect for where the gashes the claws had left on her bled; it was hard to muster up worry about any of that, though. She couldn't hear anything beyond a dull commotion in the background, but again, concern wouldn't come. "Zokora?" she barely breathed. "What...what did it do..." Who else had been there? Her spren; Neil, maybe? "Did you kill it?" Does it matter if she did? Does anything matter?

That's not right. It should matter...shouldn't it? Weren't we fighting it for a reason? The emptiness seemed to have filled every limb; she didn't want to move, and wasn't sure she could've even if she had wanted to. Whatever she reached for, emotion, movement, heat...it was all just...a void.

Deteca closed her eyes as she waited for it to end.

So. She's not dying. She's probably pretty close though, or at least so I've inferred. She is awake though, so you guys can still talk to her if you want.

Shakespeare, as I have decided to call him since I have no other name for him and "the gorilla thing" is getting old (only so many variations of that that you can type), is now dead. A good portion of his head just vanished, which I'm fairly certain is fatal. The black spots that moved were visible to anyone who was looking, but they went away when he died. Deteca passed out for a second or two when this happened, but her senses will recover. All of her will. I did research, but I probably failed somehow or misunderstood something, so this may change if/when I get feedback.

Oh, maybe I should tell you what just happened. Well, Deteca did a thing. She Snapped into this thing a long time ago, and I've tried to foreshadow it, and it was factored into her point total, so please nobody murder me.

How interesting that someone who considers it evil just Voidmade. :)

@Sorana @xinoehp512 @RayOfSunshine @Voidus

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Man, that's the sort of thing I wish I could pull off...

I bet you can! I believe in you, Xino! And thank you ^_^

9 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Does anyone need Walker, Silva, Kevin, or Thel? Seriously, I’m bored.

Since Walker is also in the tunnels, he could find the fight Deteca is in if you want. I don't know where any of your other characters are.

Anytime! I mean I don't think I did anything special, but anytime!

(Update, I have been informed that I didn't commit any mistakes, so I'm considering the effects I stated before to be canon.)

Deteca opened her eyes. "Walker?" Am I all right? She wondered if she should answer him, debated this for a short time internally, and finally gathered up the strength to bother doing so. "I got hurt." Should I give details? "My side. Is the gorilla gone?" She vaguely wanted to add Who killed it, but the willpower she'd had faded and she just looked at him.

I’m going to assume said gorilla is gone, and if not, Walker doesn’t see it.

Dereck was Walker’s last remaining elite from back in TGG for those of everyone except me who forgot.

You’d be surprised Ene. I usually have to force Ark to give me a recap, and then jump in randomly.

“Yeah. We need to get you to a medic. Dereck! You and your squad cover me!” Walker yelled to Dereck and his new elites, before leaning down to try and support Deteca from her uninsured arm.

”Good to see you Walker!” Dereck yelled as he and his squad ran over and formed a circle around him, protecting them with their old Sentinel equipment.

”Good to see you to! We can talk after!” Walker barked back, and waited for Deteca to tell him she was ready before starting for a medic.

@AonEne

Zokora observed what happened, the Walker guy appearing, Deteca getting hit. She was alive. She she hadn't failed. Behind them their troops finally closed the breach and she knelt down next to the woman.

"Do you want something to drink?"

She asked and gently lifted Deteca's head on her folded jacket.

"It's not grave, don't worry."

The dark spots. Zokora filed it away under things she'd seen and probably would tell Althea and then never mention again. It was her job to keep quiet and she was good at it. As she had no idea what they were, she simply accepted them. Not her pay-grade. And that was it in the end.

@AonEne

@Darth Woodrack

Edited by Sorana

Walker gave Deteca over to Zokora then stood up. He then turned around and said to Dereck, “Protect her with your life. Until she is fully healed do not let her out of your sight. Oh, and if we both make it out of this, you’re invited to my wedding,” and the he ran off to go look for something to fight.

”Wait, what!” Dereck yelled at him, about the last bit.

@Sorana @AonEne @RayOfSunshine

The last of the invaders was being finished off; Deteca saw this, but was unable to assign any importance to the fact. She knew that she should, but... 

“No,” she whispered, apathy weighing on her. No, she didn’t want water - she didn’t want anything. And no, she didn’t know what was going on or what had happened. But that was too much to say, so she just closed her eyes again, hoping that that would communicate her inability to think straight. 

@Sorana @Darth Woodrack @xinoehp512 @RayOfSunshine @any TUBAists or Ghostbloods who want to have been fighting and to now join in 

On 8/16/2019 at 4:17 AM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tena almost jumped. Almost. "That sounds terribly religious, and sorry, honey, no god has ever done me any good." Tena analyzed the man there as she rocked her baby gently. Red lightning meant Parsh, so he had a gemheart. That Shardblade was likely either corrupted, or Awakened. She kept the corner of her eye on the floor where it had hit, watching to see what happened to the floor. She took a step back and held her baby to her chest, but did not look at her husband as she spoke to him. "Ani, my love, come here and take Sol." @RayOfSunshine

Anthony grabbed the child, stepping back and grabbing his staff.

~-~-~-~-~

Ambrosia growled, gripping the gemheart and the twins tightly.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:31 AM, Rushu42 said:

Aln frowned. Do I press for details? She deliberated for a moment, then asked, "What sort of Investiture does your Lord Ajax use? Can he access the Void?"

He shook his head. "He's powerful. What I know is classified, all else is beyond my rank."

On 8/16/2019 at 7:02 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels commanded his ribbons to pick and Mike and carry him away, out of the path of the huge claw. I need some more water... he thought as the ribbons shot forward.

@RayOfSunshine

@Sorana

The tails shot out, slashing through the sand, turning it black.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:22 AM, I think I am here. said:

— —

75% Charge.

Out of the remaining five Canton members, two brought out their guns before they were immediately consumed and one drew an Aon Edo shield the other two hid behind. He the decaying power of the monster battered the shield, forced the Canton operative’s power dry.

“I can’t hold it for long!” He screamed as the Charge reached 80%.

“You can do it!” Cried the other two remaining operatives, knowing what they had to do. The Edo shield broke down and the operative was swallowed in a mess of decay and pain. The other two operatives screamed and one grabbed the others’ shoulders.

“When I’m gone,” she said, slowly. “I want you to take care of my cats.”

“Tali, no. Please, I love you!” There were tears in both of their eyes now.

“I love you too, Haster. I love you so, so much. But Aethers like me were meant for this.”

And at the yell of the man the woman stepped back and channeled her Ferrous Aether, becoming a large mechanical shield that covered the charger in the dome. As it was a living piece of metal, it was effectively a large Invested shield. The man cried out, he knew as well as anyone the change was permanent and she wouldn’t survive. And in his last moments, he used his microburst power and nicrobursted his love until he collapsed in a heap from exhaustion.

90%

All Canton forced dead, only a large nicrobursted Ferrous shield in the way between life and death.

Most of the bullets deflected, and the others did very little damage.
~-~-~-~-~

The creature tried to push its way through, slowly decaying it. It climbed up the shield, down the shield, decaying it more. Finally, there was a hole.

It rushed forward, trying to get to the shield. Then...

100%.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:16 AM, Lord Furret said:

The grunt stepped to the edge of the building, leaning forward.

And fell.

Underneath her, a helicopter materialized. She dropped in, and the helicopter dissipated.

She turned off her aons, but grabbed the mans shirt. "Take off your clothes. All of them. Put this on."

The grunt slid forward underwear, and a prison suit, grey with a nightshade flower on the black.

She handed the man a canteen of water.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, Sorana said:

Mike felt the sand wrap itself around his chest and he was yanked out of the way. He screamed in surprise, his arms failing when he tried to hold to something. But he was out of the way. Wes continued to shoot and Mike only lifted his hands, hung the air and hoped the monster would die.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@RayOfSunshine

The tails grabbed the now falling Mike, and put him on the ground in front of the Manticorus.

It blasted it's wings out, shielding the area from Wes or Tels.

22 hours ago, AonEne said:

Its claws made contact, and Deteca yelped, stumbling away. It hurt. It hurt like poison. It hurt almost as badly as what it was saying. Should she refute it? She looked up at the thing, fumbling for words, and finally just said, "Maybe." Her voice was low; she was suddenly having trouble getting up the energy to yell. It felt like her adrenaline was racing the empty, floating feeling in her stomach.

I should never fight anything again, she thought. I'm awful at it, and I hate it, and I hate what he's saying, and I hate that I don't know what to say back, and I hate that I can't protect my guild by fighting. I hate this whatever-it-is, for killing TUBAists, for killing anyone at all, and I hate that it's making me kill it, and I...I...

Deteca wavered, sword drooping, black spots gathering at the edges of her vision. Some stayed there, throbbing with the pain in her side, but some moved toward the center of her vision, where the gorilla-cat-dog-monster stood; the blackness seemed to be tugging on her, or maybe she was tugging on it? She waved her hand in front of her face, but the darkness didn't go away - it went faster until it impacted the auburn-furred thing's head.

And that head started to disappear.

The next thing Deteca saw was the rocky ceiling as she stared up at it, though it was blurry. She felt so cold, expect for where the gashes the claws had left on her bled; it was hard to muster up worry about any of that, though. She couldn't hear anything beyond a dull commotion in the background, but again, concern wouldn't come. "Zokora?" she barely breathed. "What...what did it do..." Who else had been there? Her spren; Neil, maybe? "Did you kill it?" Does it matter if she did? Does anything matter?

That's not right. It should matter...shouldn't it? Weren't we fighting it for a reason? The emptiness seemed to have filled every limb; she didn't want to move, and wasn't sure she could've even if she had wanted to. Whatever she reached for, emotion, movement, heat...it was all just...a void.

Deteca closed her eyes as she waited for it to end.

@Sorana @xinoehp512 @RayOfSunshine @Voidus

gg

1 hour ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The grunt stepped to the edge of the building, leaning forward.

And fell.

Underneath her, a helicopter materialized. She dropped in, and the helicopter dissipated.

She turned off her aons, but grabbed the mans shirt. "Take off your clothes. All of them. Put this on."

The grunt slid forward underwear, and a prison suit, grey with a nightshade flower on the black.

She handed the man a canteen of water.

Aylitha watched the grunt drop of the roof, taking the man with them. Shrugging she stood up, looking around at the others still there. In the end she decided to walk over to the two guild leaders, figuring that it might be good to know what they were planning to do.

Btw, do you want Aylitha to heal Max or do you have other plans?

@Sorana

@I think I am here.

2 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

He shook his head. "He's powerful. What I know is classified, all else is beyond my rank."

Aln frowned again. "So, you claim that Lord Ajax is powerful enough to defeat the Dark Alley, yes? In that case, why is an army necessary? From what I've heard, Voidus could likely level the city on his own. Surely anyone able to defeat one such as him has no need for subordinates." 

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln frowned again. "So, you claim that Lord Ajax is powerful enough to defeat the Dark Alley, yes? In that case, why is an army necessary? From what I've heard, Voidus could likely level the city on his own. Surely anyone able to defeat one such as him has no need for subordinates." 

In that case, why does Voidus need an army?