Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

On 13/08/2019 at 11:10 AM, RayOfSunshine said:

The Abominationspren paused for a second as the investiture hit, destroying a couple of heads. New heads regrew in their place, and it lumbered forward again, knocking into a building as it went. As it passed, the not decayed part collapsed, and fell through the decayed stone on the ground.

The Canton forces watched as the Aon Blasts slowed the creature down, if not temporarily. A few Canton members kept shooting til they collapsed from exhaustion.

“Continue!” The commander cried out. They had to do this. Meanwhile, the forcefield reached 50% of its charge-up.

“There’s only one thing to do now,” the commander said, and the operatives looked at him in shock.

“Makati, no.”

“Yes. Investiture harms it.” He summoned his spren beside him as a large bladed weapon. “And my spren is willing to make the sacrifice. With me filled with stormlight and my spren as a weapon, it will work.”

“It won’t. You’re just one man.”

“It will have to do.”

“Not if we come with you.”

The Canton commander stopped in place as he watched the abominationspren lumber forward.

“You don’t have to.”

“What’s the greatest quality of the Canton, commander? What did you teach us in training?”

The Commander fumbled. “That we were not individuals. We are all part of the Canton, the Alleyverse. We all do our little bit,” he said quietly.

“So let us do our bit. For the Alleyverse. For those whom we protect. Is that not a Windrunner’s ideal?”

So one by one, about five of the operative ran forward and lashed themselves against the creature, filled to the brim with stormlight, sprenblades extended in large spiked shields and weapons, flying directly at the centre of the creature. They knew they would perish, but they were prepared to.

For them. For the Canton.

For the Alleyverse.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

The sand filled the suit. It didn't enter the tank, which shut off immediately, but it entered the suit. The grunt growled. It tapped it's chest, and the air around it heated. With its hand still grabbing the neck, it would burn badly, and coupled with the water, this would probably put him out of action.

It coughed a bit as sand started to get into the helmet.

It worked! The sand managed to get into the suit. Ha! Kendul thought, I win! Prepare to die, you weak little- The Grunt coughed, but still stood there. Wait, what? The air suddenly started to heat up, making the situation even worse. No, wait, this is wrong! he screamed in his head. I can't lose! Not to him! He struggled,but to no avail. NO! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WEAK, I'M STRONG! In that moment, something broke. This hadn't happened before, he trained for years, he was supposed to be strong, better than them, better than everyone! Yet, fighting against this mere grunt, he was utterly decimated. He swallowed his pride, and did the one thing he thought he'd never do. "P-Please... Someone.. help..."

@RayOfSunshine

Edited by Lord Furret

2 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

His mouth creased. "I seem to have given you too much choice." His arm began to dissolve, cremlings pulling out of the sleeve. "I do mind. And what else do you plan on doing? You are a prisoner of war." His lips disappeared, and his cheeks, leaving a writhing mass of teeth, tongue, all made of small bugs. "So you will do as I say."

His left eye jumped out again, taking a leap across the space to land on her bare hand. "Or you will die."

His remaining eye was narrowed, full of anger.

"Your life was given back to you. Do not waste the gift I have given."

Aln swallowed. This man is clearly unstable, she thought. I suppose the most reasonable choice is to do what he wants. Perhaps there is still information to be gained. She inclined her head and said, "I did not mean to imply ingratitude, sir. I simply did not understand why selecting clothing was necessary. I apologize." And she turned and began looking at the mannequins.

As she did, she thought, Clearly PlasmaCore is very confident here. They have made no efforts to interrogate me for information on the defenses of the Alleyverse, despite the fact that I'm the leader of a Guild which specializes in gathering information, and was found on the rooftop where several high-ranking Guild authorities were discussing plans. Most of their actions, particularly toward myself, seemed grounded in the assumption that they were going to win. But they're facing down some of the most powerful beings anywhere in the Cosmere. They're fighting storming Voidus and the Stranger, for crying out loud. Surely they would take any advantage, however minimal, against those two. They must have some sort of advantage I haven't seen. A spy, perhaps. She frowned to herself, risking a small glance over her shoulder at her captor, then continued to herself, They don't even have their Sleepless fighting. He claims injury, but from what I've heard, Sleepless can regenerate nearly endlessly, making them practically immortal. Unless... She paused, giving him another glance. If he lost enough of his insects at once, this could potentially have damaged his consciousness. That would explain much of his unpredictability, and why he wouldn't be trusted on the battlefield. If this is true, then it could make it much more difficult to get information from him on PlasmaCore's resources.

She turned to the next mannequin, but paid it barely any mind, trying to phrase her next question. "Mr. Redleaf," she said carefully to him, "May I ask you a question?"

Sorry for the long post. I felt like including some of Aln's thought process, even if she  turns out to be completely  wrong.

4 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Ummm
Godmodding much?

Not really.

Neil flinched slightly as the flames crackled against his forcefield, draining his energy slightly. Get any of that? he thought to Daa, as he flew up to a better vantage point.

I just learned your language six months ago. What do you think?

Neil smiled slightly and fired an Aonic blast of power downwards. Fair point.

@RayOfSunshine

Zokora jumped. She aimed for Deteca to get her out of the way of the fire streaks shooting towards her. It meant she had to jump through one of them, but she just accepted it, didn't breath, only bit her teeth. Her sleeve burned away, the skin blistering. Sera hissed in fear, pressed herself again Zokora's neck whispered something she couldn't understand over the noise of the fight.

She planed to shove Deteca away from the fire, out of the current danger and to keep her body between her and the flames.

@AonEne

@RayOfSunshine

================

Mike saw the beast turn towards him and he straightened, spit some bile to the ground, looked at Wes.

"I'll distract him. Just kill that thing."

Then he turned around and ran. He waved his arms widely, shouted and screamed to attract it's attention, hoped that Tels would see it, would understand what he planed. Wolf was pleased, luring the thing away from Wes and Seom was good.

@I think I am here.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@RayOfSunshine

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The Canton forces watched as the Aon Blasts slowed the creature down, if not temporarily. A few Canton members kept shooting til they collapsed from exhaustion.

“Continue!” The commander cried out. They had to do this. Meanwhile, the forcefield reached 50% of its charge-up.

“There’s only one thing to do now,” the commander said, and the operatives looked at him in shock.

“Makati, no.”

“Yes. Investiture harms it.” He summoned his spren beside him as a large bladed weapon. “And my spren is willing to make the sacrifice. With me filled with stormlight and my spren as a weapon, it will work.”

“It won’t. You’re just one man.”

“It will have to do.”

“Not if we come with you.”

The Canton commander stopped in place as he watched the abominationspren lumber forward.

“You don’t have to.”

“What’s the greatest quality of the Canton, commander? What did you teach us in training?”

The Commander fumbled. “That we were not individuals. We are all part of the Canton, the Alleyverse. We all do our little bit,” he said quietly.

“So let us do our bit. For the Alleyverse. For those whom we protect. Is that not a Windrunner’s ideal?”

So one by one, about five of the operative ran forward and lashed themselves against the creature, filled to the brim with stormlight, sprenblades extended in large spiked shields and weapons, flying directly at the centre of the creature. They knew they would perish, but they were prepared to.

For them. For the Canton.

For the Alleyverse.

The beast howled at them, springing forward to engulf them. And engulf them it did.

But as it did so, it felt a splitting pain. It could feel itself being cut apart on the inside, slash by slash. It could also feel itself killing those inside, decaying them. But they had something healing them... something that was keeping them alive.

It howled, a million voices resonating as one. And finally, the souls inside went out. But it's soul... it's soul flickered like a candle almost out of wick. It was barely alive, shrunken, a husk compared to it's former glory. It crawled forward slowly, only the size of a car. It had five heads left that were visible. A whitespine, a lizard, a shark, a bear, a panther. The ground decayed only in patches underneath it. Some stayed the same. It made a pitiful sound, like crying, mewling, whimpering, all at once. It had almost reached the shield, and it lunged forward at the remaining Canton soldiers.

4 hours ago, Lord Furret said:

It worked! The sand managed to get into the suit. Ha! Kendul thought, I win! Prepare to die, you weak little- The Grunt coughed, but still stood there. Wait, what? The air suddenly started to heat up, making the situation even worse. No, wait, this is wrong! he screamed in his head. I can't lose! Not to him! He struggled,but to no avail. NO! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WEAK, I'M STRONG! In that moment, something broke. This hadn't happened before, he trained for years, he was supposed to be strong, better than them, better than everyone! Yet, fighting against this mere grunt, he was utterly decimated. He swallowed his pride, and did the one thing he thought he'd never do. "P-Please... Someone.. help..."

@RayOfSunshine

The grunt squeezed.

A robotic chuckle came out. "We're going to take you away." A robotic cough came out.

It walked to the edge of the building. "Any last words?"

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln swallowed. This man is clearly unstable, she thought. I suppose the most reasonable choice is to do what he wants. Perhaps there is still information to be gained. She inclined her head and said, "I did not mean to imply ingratitude, sir. I simply did not understand why selecting clothing was necessary. I apologize." And she turned and began looking at the mannequins.

As she did, she thought, Clearly PlasmaCore is very confident here. They have made no efforts to interrogate me for information on the defenses of the Alleyverse, despite the fact that I'm the leader of a Guild which specializes in gathering information, and was found on the rooftop where several high-ranking Guild authorities were discussing plans. Most of their actions, particularly toward myself, seemed grounded in the assumption that they were going to win. But they're facing down some of the most powerful beings anywhere in the Cosmere. They're fighting storming Voidus and the Stranger, for crying out loud. Surely they would take any advantage, however minimal, against those two. They must have some sort of advantage I haven't seen. A spy, perhaps. She frowned to herself, risking a small glance over her shoulder at her captor, then continued to herself, They don't even have their Sleepless fighting. He claims injury, but from what I've heard, Sleepless can regenerate nearly endlessly, making them practically immortal. Unless... She paused, giving him another glance. If he lost enough of his insects at once, this could potentially have damaged his consciousness. That would explain much of his unpredictability, and why he wouldn't be trusted on the battlefield. If this is true, then it could make it much more difficult to get information from him on PlasmaCore's resources.

She turned to the next mannequin, but paid it barely any mind, trying to phrase her next question. "Mr. Redleaf," she said carefully to him, "May I ask you a question?"

He looked at her, gaze piercing. "You may. Please make sure it's a good question." He grinned.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Mike saw the beast turn towards him and he straightened, spit some bile to the ground, looked at Wes.

Then he turned around and ran. He waved his arms widely, shouted and screamed to attract it's attention, hoped that Tels would see it, would understand what he planed. Wolf was pleased, luring the thing away from Wes and Seom was good.

@I think I am here.

@Truthless of Shinovar

@RayOfSunshine

The beast turned in the air, following Mike with it's eyes. It took another massive swoop, rocketing toward it, tails out.

6 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

He looked at her, gaze piercing. "You may. Please make sure it's a good question." He grinned.

Since you haven't said otherwise, I'm going to assume that the bug is still on Aln's arm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Aln hadn't turned to look at him when she asked her question, instead staring at the bug on her arm. However, no words formed around it, and she had to spin to catch the last part of his sentence. "-sure it's a good question." "I'll do my best," she said, inferring a yes. "Could tell me how PlasmaCore plans to win this fight? If I can't observe, I'd at least like to know."

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln hadn't turned to look at him when she asked her question, instead staring at the bug on her arm. However, no words formed around it, and she had to spin to catch the last part of his sentence. "-sure it's a good question." "I'll do my best," she said, inferring a yes. "Could tell me how PlasmaCore plans to win this fight? If I can't observe, I'd at least like to know."

He grinned. "Yes, the Bureau wants to win. Not PlasmaCore. PlasmaCore was the building that got melted." He raised his hand, putting it on Aln's arm. The bug crawled off of Aln, onto John's face. He reformed completely. "The Great Guilds pose no threat. The only real danger is the Dark Alley. But Lord Ajax can take care of that."

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Sir, yes, sir!’ Wes said and swivelled the machine gun, loading up the ammo and firing. It was such a bug gun and Wes was such a small teenager that with every shot he violently felt the recoil. He fixed that by using spare parts to fasten the gun to the ground. Turning its scope to the beast’s wings Wes yelled and let loose a barrage of bullets, the force of the recoil shuddering the entire rig back and forth.

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

It was such a bug gun

I'm just imaging giants millipedes flying through the air at the Manticorus.

The bullets began hitting, ripping holes in the beasts wings. It growled, refusing to leave it's track towards Mike.

As a bullet ripped through the middle of the wing, it curled in it's bleeding wings and dove.

@Sorana @I think I am here.

51 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

He grinned. "Yes, the Bureau wants to win. Not PlasmaCore. PlasmaCore was the building that got melted." He raised his hand, putting it on Aln's arm. The bug crawled off of Aln, onto John's face. He reformed completely. "The Great Guilds pose no threat. The only real danger is the Dark Alley. But Lord Ajax can take care of that."

"Right," she said, "I meant the Bureau. But how is Lord Ajax going to stop them? I thought that the DA was very powerful."

18 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Sooooo...

Not sure if you were paying attention, but medium and major threats aren't allowed to be RPed...

also, there is some threats of that level...

You hadn't responded to Voidus or the Stranger in several pages now, also I'd say given that this is a city-sized greatshell you might want to skip the reactions of every individual creature getting eaten in the interests of streamlining things. Given the people present I don't think there's anything in the army that would classify as a medium threat, or the city would already have been destroyed. If you'd really like then we can wait for individual responses, I'm just not sure it would achieve much.

Voidus smiled as a large section of earth was erased by an enormous surge of Division. Though he pitied any cartographers in the city, they'd have their work cut out for them redrawing all the maps after the day was done.

He began to swivel around as another presence approached them, though he recognized it as an ally quickly enough. Aylitha seemed to be similarly intrigued by the results of the Strangers work as she greeted them both.

"Greetings." Voidus echoed back, exhaustion still creeping into his voice. "We were just about to start clearing up."

He looked past Aylitha, to the city that lay behind her. The creatures that roamed around there would be more difficult to remove without destroying the city itself, though the larger creatures and flyers were easy enough targets. AonDor or Saidin would likely be easiest, though his drawing enough on either would cause some potential problems elsewhere.

"Have you found anything interesting?" He asked somewhat distracted.

51 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The bullets began hitting, ripping holes in the beasts wings. It growled, refusing to leave it's track towards Mike.

As a bullet ripped through the middle of the wing, it curled in it's bleeding wings and dove.

Now. Tels flew down and grabbed another lost grenade, shot in front of the beast, unpinned the grenade, and chucked it in front of its face, making sure that Mike was far enough away that it wouldn’t do him any harm. Tels hand rested in his last grenade, ready to unpin it at any second

2 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

@Sorana @I think I am here.

Mike continued to yell at the beast. He moved backwards, until his back hit a wall. Bad. That was bad. To the right, nothing but an endless drop. To the left. Wes. Mike paled, stared at the huge monster. He grabbed a knife, threw it at the thing, hoped he would hit it, hit anything.

"Faster."

He screamed, although he knew, that Wes was shooting as fast as he could. Still he screamed, because it meant he did something. It was better than doing nothing. anything was better than doing nothing. Another knife flew. Faster. Please, faster. Die, die, die! He mentally urged the thing on. Die, just die! Just die!

============

Is the leader focused on Max? Did that post happen. I lost track.

@I think I am here.

@RayOfSunshine

16 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The grunt squeezed.

A robotic chuckle came out. "We're going to take you away." A robotic cough came out.

It walked to the edge of the building. "Any last words?"

Aylitha watched the grunt drag off the person they had been fighting. She took a deep breath, just so that she could let out a sigh. Internally she debated if she should save him or not. It wasn't as if they'd be much help based on their current performance. She shook her head, and with a wave of her hand sent a number of tentacles from her body to attack the grunt. If it worked she'd get rid of those grunts once and for all, and if she didn't... Well, no skin of her back.

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

Voidus smiled as a large section of earth was erased by an enormous surge of Division. Though he pitied any cartographers in the city, they'd have their work cut out for them redrawing all the maps after the day was done.

He began to swivel around as another presence approached them, though he recognized it as an ally quickly enough. Aylitha seemed to be similarly intrigued by the results of the Strangers work as she greeted them both.

"Greetings." Voidus echoed back, exhaustion still creeping into his voice. "We were just about to start clearing up."

He looked past Aylitha, to the city that lay behind her. The creatures that roamed around there would be more difficult to remove without destroying the city itself, though the larger creatures and flyers were easy enough targets. AonDor or Saidin would likely be easiest, though his drawing enough on either would cause some potential problems elsewhere.

"Have you found anything interesting?" He asked somewhat distracted.

Aylitha tilted her head, looking lost in thought. "Maybe, I guess?" She shook her head, small tentacles growing from the bridge, whipping around her. "I have the location of their leader, at least from before he launched this attack. Maybe we could pay him a visit, persuade him to stop this? Dealing with those things is getting boring." " she had a sweet smile on her face as she said it, but her voice sounded annoyed, or maybe angry.
She paused, tilting her head as if listening to something. She was, in some way, though she was listening to her bugs and her other body. "Apparently the other guild leaders are busy," she said, sounding a little exasperated. "The Canton and Ghostblood leaders are dealing with some of the enemy forces, together with one of my other bodies. TUBA seems to be busy in their tunnels." She smiled at the irony, the Underground Bakery being stuck underground, right where they belonged. "The forces of the other guilds seem to be busy dealing with these creatures, I don't expect them to be able to offer any real help."
She smiled. "So," she asked, "what are you two up to this fine morning?"

So I don't think this is godmodding, but Sorana, if you don't want Zokora to be helped up, yell at me.

Ark, you don't have anything special planned for this, right? It's okay if I kill it in a post or two? (And Sorana and Xino, you're okay if I kill it?)

@RayOfSunshine @Sorana @xinoehp512

Deteca blinked, trying to decipher that one, when Zokora tackled her out of the way of the fire and attacking monster. The two women skidded onto the ground, and Deteca sucked in a breath at the rough ground - then instantly felt stupid for thinking the tunnel floor was painful when she was fighting for her life. You know what would hurt more? DYING.

Struggling up and helping Zokora up as well, she realized she'd dropped the swords and began searching for them, but covertly, while speaking to the complicated thing. "Protecting your family is commendable, but there are other ways to do it." Ways that don't involve killing people, she wanted to scream, but swallowed it. "I want to protect the people I love too. For me, that's my guild." She spotted one sword behind it and wrote that one off as a lost cause. "We probably would kill you, but not because of your species, whatever that is. Because most people don't trust people who kill other people."

Her eyes fixed on the young Lightweaver, now dead, and her hate and fury seemed to sink away into emptiness. Seeing and picking up the other sword, Deteca said quietly, "So I'm sorry that I'm fighting you now. Maybe that just shows how innocent I am when it comes to this side of battle, I don't know."

She looked at Zokora, then gripped the sword in both hands and moved to stab at the Aon-creating foe.

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"I don't either," Tena said with a sigh, leaning her head back and huffing.

“Then maybe you could let us clear up some of your confusion!” Talostr-Akuv strode to the door of the dismal dwelling, his brothers, sisters, and even parents following behind him, having sacrificed most major leadership to their chosen heir. He hoisted his dark, damasked Shardblade high into the air above his head, swinging it around and slamming it down into the ground. His left hand tingled, still not used to existence, his right hand crackling with blood red lighting. “It is time you learn the truth about your past foolishness and repent for your failings... with your blood.”

@Sherlock Holmes @RayOfSunshine

One of you start a PM with all three of us. I have some things to discuss.

Edited by bees?

Thanks kenod!

@kenod

============

Absolutely fine, Ene. Both helping her up and if you kill it. This is your fight.

Zokora allowed herself to be pulled up to her feet, then picked up a knife she had lost when falling. The way Deteca handled the sword almost hurt her eyes and she was stabbing. A common mistake, the usual sword was a lot more effective if you slashed at your opponent. Needed less strength as well.

Groaning she followed her over, felt the stormlight slowly heal her burns. Sera hummed quietly when she stretched, her eyes left the enemy. She was poised to act, ready to move at and second.

@AonEne