Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yes- Neil and Daa.

Then you can say they've been fighting in this battle and have them come help if you want.

Deteca noted Zokora showing up nearby, ready to help, and felt a surge of gratefulness through her mounting anger. "So you're doing this," she spat, "out of fear for your life. Well, guess what? I'm pretty scared for my life. I'm willing to bet most people here are equally frightened. But they're fighting against PlasmaCore or whatever this is anyway! They're fighting because it's the right thing to do!" She grabbed another sword from the ground and went at it again, driving one blade to where its heart might be if it was a gorilla, trying to chop off a hand or claw with the other. She doubted it would work. I'll need to take lots of lessons after this is all over.

@RayOfSunshine @Sorana @xinoehp512

18 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Deteca noted Zokora showing up nearby, ready to help, and felt a surge of gratefulness through her mounting anger. "So you're doing this," she spat, "out of fear for your life. Well, guess what? I'm pretty scared for my life. I'm willing to bet most people here are equally frightened. But they're fighting against PlasmaCore or whatever this is anyway! They're fighting because it's the right thing to do!" She grabbed another sword from the ground and went at it again, driving one blade to where its heart might be if it was a gorilla, trying to chop off a hand or claw with the other. She doubted it would work. I'll need to take lots of lessons after this is all over.

Zokora cursed under her breath and then moved closer. She could finish that thing off in a minute, instead she forced herself to keep back. Instead she focused her thoughts on the blade moved some of the molecules around, sharpened the blades, hardened them. Deteca wouldn't hit, but if she did, that might help.

Moving her weight to her forefeet she readied herself to jump between the two at any moment.

@RayOfSunshine

Kesho moved through the tunnels, going from huddled group to hudded group making sure people were Ok.

Helping kids reunite with their parents, or making sure people were at peace. Or whatever they could manage given the state that they were in at the moment.

Unlike some, He didn't see himself as some kind of savior or some kind of wise man.

He was just a man who tried to do what was right.

The philosophical arguments and disagreements from his youth started rising in the back of his mind, but he quieted them.

He knew that this was right, so why did it matter where it came from? Whether it was what was right according to Cultivation, or to the Nightwatcher, or to the God Beyond, it felt right to him. If he was lucky, there was a hard moral code that he could follow, otherwise, he would make due with what he had, stumbling through the fog without a light. Hopefully making a good enough path for people to follow. But enough philosophizing. Internally debating himself was not the most productive thing he could do. There were people that needed help.

He turned down the tunnel, just in time to see a team of soldiers run up from the med bay to continue fighting. The young man from his youth yearned to join them, but the slightly less young man that he was now knew that chay shan would not have helped much out there. His talents, however limited, were far better suited to being kind then to fighting. Besides, even in a situation like this, fighting was not the best thing they could do. The DA was helping, he couldn't compare to them.

He paused between two people, an old man on the left who had a broken leg and needed something to do, or a tired mother who was trying to keep 3 kids close to her, despite their constant efforts to run off and explore.

He smiled a little, the little kids had no idea of the danger they were in. They lacked understanding, like he had once in his little garden. . . He shook his head as he caught his mind wandering. He could philosophize later. Now he had something to fix. His mind was drawn to his chest, where he could tell if his blessing was providing guidance. But there was nothing, as usual, leaving him to his own devices.

Hoping that the old Man was coherent enough to help him, he knelt down and whispered in his ear:

"My friend, are you awake? If you are, could you help me?" The man opened his eyes and smiled sadly. "I'm afraid I can't be too much help to anyone right now,"

"Nonsense." Kesho said, "I need you to talk to some people, and spin a story for some children. Can you do that?" At the unsure look on the Mans face, Kesho continued, "It needent be anything big or grand. Even a simple story from far before this time would be helpful to the mother over there." He turned and pointed, then watched as the mans face softened as he saw the tired look in her eyes. 

"Very well. It won't be very good though." He started.

"It doesn't need to be thought out to be good. The purpose of this story is only to bring people together. If it does that, then it was a good story." He clasped the mans shoulder in gratitude then moved over to the children and the mother, whispering in her ear that the grandfather saw her struggling with her kids and wished to help her by telling them a story, if that would be alright with her. With eyes full of gratitude and relief she sent them over to sit next to the man and listened as he started telling a story of his childhood. One from before the guilds were big, when the things people cared about were cookies and having a good time.

The man was right. The story wasn't thought out. It tended to ramble, didn't really have a plot or a point. 

But it brought them together. The mother, her kids, the man, and those around them. The world was falling apart, but here people were unified. That was right. Regardless of who you were, this unity and togetherness was right and good. The world was a better place.

His gift didn't really provide as much guidance as some people thought. He couldn't manipulate it into letting him get much of anything, including guidance. The only thing it did was give him a little nudge when the path was covered with fog. A little knowledge about where to go.

Now that my character is canon this is canon!

anyone who wants to can interact with him.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

There was a brief hum as a pulse of energy hit the beast on the side.

"Si- Ma'am!" called Neil from the other side of the room. "You alright?"

18 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The leader tried to sigh, leaning down and readying herself.

The knight moved in, swinging down its halberd. At the same time the sabretooth sprinted forwards, jumping at the leader. Aylitha herself hung back, ready to move in if she saw an opening.

Aylitha walked along the streets, nearing the edge of the city, monsters walking around her. She looked at the crater, the monster inside of it. Nearing the edge of the crater herself she started looking around for Voidus and the Stranger.

So I'm not actually sure where they are in relation to the crater?

46 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Not really," Deteca yelled back.

I don't dare say more until Ark posts.

The Stranger watched as the Behemoth scythed through enemies like a combine harvester through a cornfield. The massive limbs obliterated anything they hit, destroying hundreds with each swing. A gryphon with a scorpion tail managed to fly past the titanic claws, only to be pierced by horrific mandibles. It was pulled into the triplicate jaws and consumed. The Behemoth roared, and the shockwave flattened a wave of enemies that were crushed soon after. 

The Stranger turned to Voidus, “Yes, I was hoping for a more aquatic apocalypse, but this will have to do. But, counter point...”

He paused briefly as the Behemoth seemed to inhale deeply. Then with a bellow it unleashed a massive Surge of Division, tearing the earth asunder and creating a branching canyon. From above it looked like the aftermath of a lightning strike, twisted and branching. 

The Stranger’s grin grew a touch smug “...that.”

Edited by Fatebreaker

7 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

The Stranger watched as the Behemoth scythed through enemies like a combine harvester through a cornfield. The massive limbs obliterated anything they hit, destroying hundreds with each swing. A dragon with three heads managed to fly past the titanic claws, only to be pierced by horrific mandibles. It was pulled into the triplicate jaws and consumed. The Behemoth roared, and the shockwave flattened a wave of enemies that were crushed soon after. 

The Stranger turned to Voidus, “Yes, I was hoping for a more aquatic apocalypse, but this will have to do. But, counter point...”

He paused briefly as the Behemoth seemed to inhale deeply. Then with a bellow it unleashed a massive Surge of Division, tearing the earth asunder and creating a branching canyon. From above it looked like the aftermath of a lightning strike, twisted and branching. 

The Stranger’s grin grew a touch smug “...that.”

Sooooo...

Not sure if you were paying attention, but medium and major threats aren't allowed to be RPed...

also, there is some threats of that level...

1 hour ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Sooooo...

Not sure if you were paying attention, but medium and major threats aren't allowed to be RPed...

also, there is some threats of that level...

Ark.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but this is a literal god we're talking about here. Just. Let. It. Happen.

22 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

"As you're probably curious, I'll explain what this room is." He gestured grandly, his leather jacket flaring. "As you will be owned by a Bureau ranking soldier, you will need to be outfitted as such." He grinned, gesturing to the mannequins. "There's exactly a hundred base outfits, and you will get to choose five. You will get to then choose what colors, designs, and personal touches you want. You get at maximum three versions of each outfit. I decide what changes I'm okay with, and add any I want, then send it to the stylist to take care of." He grinned. "The rest I'll explain after."

Aln stood, staring at him. "You want me to pick out clothing?" Her voice was incredulous. "The Alleyverse is currently at war. This could be a huge turning point in the history of the world, and you expect me to accessorize." She gestured at her simple clothing, topped by her long brown coat. "If you don't mind, I'd like to remain with these." 

Grey, I would appreciate if you stay out of this matter. Thanks!

Fatebreaker, I'm okay with that one. But just try to not RP the higher level threats.

7 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels let out a whoop when the grenade exploded, finally doing some sort of damage to the beast. It was short lived, however, since a building was currently flying towards him. 

He tried to fly up, over one of the pieces of building, but wasn’t quick enough. He instead slammed his feet into the wall, and began to run up it, counting on the sheer momentum to keep gravity from dragging him down to the ground. He received numerous cuts and scrapes from the flying shrapnel, but only one wound that could be considered serious. 

He reached the top of the rubble, and jumped off of it. He flew back over to where Wes appeared to be fiddling with a gun. No, multiple guns. “Wes!! I hope you’ve got something ready, I need you to hurt the beast, make it feel pain somehow. Tels immediately took off again; it would do him no good if the Scorlionmanbat killed Wes.

@RayOfSunshine

@I think I am here.

The beast looked around, and it's eyes fell on... Mike.

It growled, grabbing a soldier with one tails, a rock with another, stabbing another soldier on the third, and began flying toward him, growling.

3 hours ago, kenod said:

The knight moved in, swinging down its halberd. At the same time the sabretooth sprinted forwards, jumping at the leader. Aylitha herself hung back, ready to move in if she saw an opening.

Aylitha walked along the streets, nearing the edge of the city, monsters walking around her. She looked at the crater, the monster inside of it. Nearing the edge of the crater herself she started looking around for Voidus and the Stranger.

The Leader punched the knights halberd, kicking it in the chest. But the sabertooth hit her directly in the side, and she went down. On the ground, struggling, desperate, she kicked out with both legs toward the sabertooth.

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ummm
Godmodding much?

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

"Not really," Deteca yelled back.

The beast howled, three voices mixed, a terrifying combination.

It spoke again, angrily. "Thee und'rstand not! i has't a family, thee rampallian! those gents has't those folk, with weapons eft to slayeth those folk, if 't be true i doth aught 'gainst those folk!" He drew aons, and glowing shields popped up on every side of him. "What wouldst thee has't me doth? I has't not a choice." He drew aons from within his box, a chain, and they flashed, disappearing, fire appearing outside of the box, three or four streams flying towards Deteca, one toward Zekora, one toward Neil. "And besides, what wouldst beest hath left f'r me if 't be true i did betray those folk? i wouldst beest sc'rned, as a monst'r, a goodyear, a creature to beest despis'd." The shields dropped, and he rushed forward, at Deteca, arms flashing toward her arms, aiming to grip them.

"I wouldst beest did hate by thy guild, by all of those folk.  If 't be true i surrend'red, i wouldst belike beest hath killed on the spoteth.  Nobody wouldst wanteth a beast liketh me 'round!"

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln stood, staring at him. "You want me to pick out clothing?" Her voice was incredulous. "The Alleyverse is currently at war. This could be a huge turning point in the history of the world, and you expect me to accessorize." She gestured at her simple clothing, topped by her long brown coat. "If you don't mind, I'd like to remain with these." 

His mouth creased. "I seem to have given you too much choice." His arm began to dissolve, cremlings pulling out of the sleeve. "I do mind. And what else do you plan on doing? You are a prisoner of war." His lips disappeared, and his cheeks, leaving a writhing mass of teeth, tongue, all made of small bugs. "So you will do as I say."

His left eye jumped out again, taking a leap across the space to land on her bare hand. "Or you will die."

His remaining eye was narrowed, full of anger.

"Your life was given back to you. Do not waste the gift I have given."

Edited by RayOfSunshine
forgot some shakespearan.

Just now, RayOfSunshine said:

The Leader punched the knights halberd, kicking it in the chest. But the sabertooth hit her directly in the side, and she went down. On the ground, struggling, desperate, she kicked out with both legs toward the sabertooth.

The knight got kicked back a few meters, deceptively light for its size, just managing to stop itself from falling over backwards by leaning on its halberd. Meanwhile the kicks hit home on the sabretooth, breaking it's hind legs and breaking open its stomach. It tried to bite down on the leader, impale her on its teeth, but the lack of its hind legs limited its movement, making it hard for it to get into a position to bite down on the Leader's neck, it's long teeth instead hitting her breastplate, lacking force behind them. Aylitha saw her chance though. Rushing forwards she raised her spear, stabbing it down at the Leader's head. Meanwhile the knight started to recover, getting ready to charge back in.

Aylitha walked along the side of the crater, spotting Voidus and the Stranger standing there inside it. Walking up to them as close as she could her moss started growing over the edge, forming into a thin bridge reaching to their platforms. She started walking towards them, smiling at the devastation they were causing, though she shook her head when she looked at the greatshell. Investure, she thought, slightly annoyed. Well, it isn't like he'll change after a few centuries, I guess. Too bad. The challenge in doing it with just biology was much more entertaining.

"Greetings," she said to them, a bright smile on her face.

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

So, roughly:

First sentence: You don't understand! I have a family you [redacted]! They have them, with weapons ready to kill them, if I do betray them!

Second sentence: What would you have me do? I don't have a choice.

Third: And besides, what would there be for me if I did betray them? I would be scorned, a monster, a demon, a creature to be despised. 

Fourth: I would be hated by your guild, by all of them. If I surrendered, I would probably be killed on the spot. Nobody would want a beast like me around!

But I'm not going to translate them anymore. It will be more realistic if you're Deteca is totally confused, in all the same ways you are.

2 minutes ago, kenod said:

The knight got kicked back a few meters, deceptively light for its size, just managing to stop itself from falling over backwards by leaning on its halberd. Meanwhile the kicks hit home on the sabretooth, breaking it's hind legs and breaking open its stomach. It tried to bite down on the leader, impale her on its teeth, but the lack of its hind legs limited its movement, making it hard for it to get into a position to bite down on the Leader's neck, it's long teeth instead hitting her breastplate, lacking force behind them. Aylitha saw her chance though. Rushing forwards she raised her spear, stabbing it down at the Leader's head. Meanwhile the knight started to recover, getting ready to charge back in.

The leader tried to push herself up, but was slowed considerably. She raised her hand as the spear hit her, and locked the metal joints in place, aimed at Aylitha's heart. The blast activated, and kept going, directly at her chest . But the Leader... the Leader died.

1 minute ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The leader tried to push herself up, but was slowed considerably. She raised her hand as the spear hit her, and locked the metal joints in place, aimed at Aylitha's heart. The blast activated, and kept going, directly at her chest . But the Leader... the Leader died.

The blast pierced through Aylitha, not even giving her a chance to evade. It burned through her, spread through her body, igniting it, only ashes remaining, slowly falling down on the Leader's corpse. The heat hit the sabretooth as well, even if it didn't directly touch it. The skin closest to the beam burst into flame, the beast unable to get away because of its broken legs. It too burned away, though slower. Only the knight had time to react, throwing itself away from the Leader, from the heat. Part of its skin caught fire as well, but it managed to purge it in time to avoid burning up entirely. It just laid there on the roof, slowly healing, body changing into a copy of Aylitha.

So what's happening with the final remaining grunt?