Ark1002

Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

4 hours ago, kenod said:

The grunt stood there, looking like it was watching her. Meanwhile Aylitha finished regenerating in the back, slowly standing up, swaying on her feet. Down below a loud crash echoed upwards as the grunt who fell off hit the ground.

The Leader rushed forward toward the other grunt, the blades on her hands extended.

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln shuddered, her breathing coming fast and unevenly. Her trembling hand went to her eye, reflexively trying to push the bug away, but the manacles on her wrists prevented the motion. She felt a scream welling up in her throat as bugs swarmed around her, but no sound came out. John's words scattered around the room, the letters distorted. The expression on his face when he reformed nearly made Aln scream again, but instead she swallowed. "I..." She stammered. "I don't..." Her fingers sought her face once more. "What are you doing to my eye?"

His eye glinted. "That is how you'll die."

The bug moved, and a long, barbed tail unfolded from the back of the creature.

His face dissolved, revealing a churning mass of bugs. Out from this clattering, clicking vortex of shifting bugs, came a voice.

"Choose."

Just now, RayOfSunshine said:

His face dissolved, revealing a churning mass of bugs. Out from this clattering, clicking vortex of shifting bugs, came a voice.

"Choose."

"I-I'l work under you," Aln answered desperately. "What do you want from me?"

Just now, Rushu42 said:

"I-I'l work under you," Aln answered desperately. "What do you want from me?"

His body reformed, and the cremling on her eye crawled down her chest and onto the desk, and reentered his face.

"Me? I already told you. Nothing. I give you autonomy, except for occasional research for a project."

His face became a grinning picture of happiness.

"That's it!"

1 minute ago, RayOfSunshine said:

The Leader rushed forward toward the other grunt, the blades on her hands extended.

The blades easily hit the grunt, piercing through him and pushing him backwards. Shining black flesh grew around the wounds, growing along the knifes, keeping his body standing, and he stumbled forwards, trying to keep a grip on the Leader. Meanwhile Aylitha knelt down into a sprinter's position, a knife forming in her hand. She looked at the Leader, waiting for her chance.

Just now, RayOfSunshine said:

His body reformed, and the cremling on her eye crawled down her chest and onto the desk, and reentered his face.

"Me? I already told you. Nothing. I give you autonomy, except for occasional research for a project."

"That's it!"

Aln stared at him for a moment. "Do I understand that you just surrounded me and threatened to kill me so that I would keep doing exactly what I had been?" 

Honestly this interaction between John and Aln is way scarier than the fact that the city is being attacked. Interesting how the more personal and one-on-one you get, the more detailed, then the creepier it is. Great to read though. 

On another note I’m taking someone who not only doesn’t know how to fight but is basically weaponless to battle dangerous things. THIS’LL BE FUN. 

“Ah, can you teleport?” Deteca asked as she sped up, almost running but not quite. @Sorana 

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“Ah, can you teleport?” Deteca asked as she sped up, almost running but not quite. @Sorana 

"I'm a Willshaper."

Zokora was grateful for the faster pace.

"Compared to Althea my elsecalling skills are neglectable, but yes, I can get you out should it be neccessary."

She was silent for a moment.

"But Althea's control over her surges is rare, at least amongst those I know. I focused on training other skills."

With a grin she lifted a knife.

Deteca smiled back. “I used to wish I could bond a spren when I was a kid, but it obviously never happened.” She shrugged. “So I don’t think I could make any comparisons - you having Surges at all is miraculous to me.” @Sorana 

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Deteca smiled back. “I used to wish I could bond a spren when I was a kid, but it obviously never happened.” She shrugged. “So I don’t think I could make any comparisons - you having Surges at all is miraculous to me.” @Sorana 

Zokora looked around, then held up her hand. Shortly afterwards a little ball of light zipped over and settled down on her hand.

"May I present to you, Sera. My concience, annoying advisor and friend."

"That I bonded her-"

A smile spread on her lips.

"It's one of the best things that happened."

From the tunnel in front of them she could hear shouting, fighting. They were close.

On 8/9/2019 at 0:18 AM, RayOfSunshine said:

He grinned and nodded. The bug crawled up onto her forehead as his right arm dissolved into a swarm of bugs, and crawled over the desk. His face grew still as the grin faded. "I have. But let's not talk about me." The bug crawled up closer to her left eye, it's front feelers brushing against his left eye. "I forgot to mention, but there's something you need to know." The cremling brushed it's feelers together. "The merits mean I own what I use them on. I used all of them on your guild. And while I plan on giving you autonomy, I will still own you." The bug crawled another step forward. "Please tell me if these terms are not acceptable, so I can burn the place to the ground and get the mansions instead."

----------------

"Choose."

-----------------

"That's it!"

Right, time to die.

++IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME, LET NONE SURVIVE++

The air shuddered around the Sleepless. A metallic thrum filled the air, and the man collapsed into a bloody pile of offal and gore, the cremlings of his body being crushed to a pulp.*

The wall to the library blew apart as giants in midnight armor crashed through. They raised their guns and doused what remained of the Sleepless in liquid fire.

One ran through the flames and grabbed Aln, throwing her away from the raging firestorm that engulfed the Sleepless. It turned back towards him and, robes flaring in an unseen wind, raised a spike of cold, deadly light.

*Surprise attack with grav-cannons

Edited by Grey Knight

Er, GK, I think that might count as godmodding...? 

Deteca gave Sera a little wave. “Nice to meet you.” She closed her eyes for a second, finding air. I need to practice running and talking at the same time more, she thought as they burst around a corner and into a wider section of the tunnel. 

Bodies moved and weapons clashed in the close quarters, Investiture flashing as TUBA and Ghostblood soldiers fought side by side against an unnatural mixture of humanoids and abomination-like monsters, interspersed with spren and who knew what else. Partway down the tunnel it split into a T, with the original tunnel continuing on to a hidden exit in the city’s sewer system while another tunnel broke off the side. Ajax’s creations were struggling to get down that as well, but someone seemed to have Soulcast a wall of aluminum in the way. Deteca wondered for a second how they would get rid of it later, then reminded herself to stay focused on the action at hand. 

On this side of the defenses she noted a metal ladder affixed to the wall, heading up to a hanging trapdoor in the top of the tunnel. Deteca knew from experience that on the other side was an open area filled with emergency equipment, hopefully being put to good use - as she watched, a young man scrambled down, a fresh bandage on his shoulder, and Pushed off the ladder, soaring into the enemies with a gun in hand. 

She glanced at Zokora, daggers bared, then at herself, awkwardly holding a phone with a map pulled up. She tried to shove it into her back pocket while shoving down her uncertainty at the same time, taking a gun from a commander who was surveying the packed tunnel. 

1 hour ago, Grey Knight said:

The air shuddered around the Sleepless. A metallic thrum filled the air, and the man collapsed into a bloody pile of offal and gore, the cremlings of his body being crushed to a pulp.*

The wall to the library blew apart as giants in midnight armor crashed through. They raised their guns and doused what remained of the Sleepless in liquid fire.

One ran through the flames and grabbed Aln, throwing her away from the raging firestorm that engulfed the Sleepless. It turned back towards him and, robes flaring in an unseen wind, raised a spike of cold, deadly light.

I appreciate the help, @Grey Knight, but how did your soldiers break into a secure underground bunker? I think that might be godmodding, sorry.

31 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

I appreciate the help, @Grey Knight, but how did your soldiers break into a secure underground bunker? I think that might be godmodding, sorry.

41 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Er, GK, I think that might count as godmodding...?

I thought this was your library above ground?

As for the godmodding- well, fair. But I did attack with the advantage of surprise, and besides for the grav attack, I haven't actually killed the Sleepless, just hurt it and doused it in fire. But I'll change it if Ark wants me to. 

On 8/9/2019 at 11:39 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

Anthony nodded, holding out the child.

Tena took her and cradled her, looking down at her baby and letting out a sigh of relief. There was always a faint edge of unease in her until she could hold her baby, really know that Sol was still there. 

"So, how have you two been doing?" Tena asked her husband and daughter-in-law.

On 09/08/2019 at 0:18 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

A giants writhing, howling mass of heads approached them. Chasmfiends, cremlings, axehounds, koloss, wolf, tiger, and everything in between. The stone decayed as it passed, metal rusting, plants withering. Behind it, a human bureau soldier and a human TUBA soldier fought, and stepped onto the decayed stone. Their fighting cut off as they fell forty feet to the undecayed stone. The creature was the size of a mansion, destroyed anything it touched, and it was heading to the Canton force.

I can imagine a Rogue One moment where they all sacrifice themselves for the shield to go up :P

The Canton squadron looked to the beast of a creature, some of the rookies’ eyes widening at the sight of it. But the warriors among them, the veterans of the Canton, they knew that retreat wasn’t an option, it never was with the Canton unless it was a strategic retreat and there was only one strategic manoeuvre that would help them and that was getting these shields booted up. Even if it costed all of their lives. They knew the risk, and they accepted the terms and conditions.

“Large infantry attack!” The leader yelled and several of the operatives began shooting Aon Daa beams of energy towards the creature in the distance, knowing it wouldn’t kill it but hoping it would slow down while two nicrobursts walked around, trying to enhance the Elantrians operatives.

—-—

Wes nodded.

“That’s a good idea, shoot for the wings.”

He took cover and took a gun, looking out for where to fire. He had practise of how to operate all sorts of guns from Ghostblood training, but aiming was not his strong suit. Indeed, very few of the shots he fired at the creature hit, and fewer still hit the wings. His specialty had never been marksmanship, it had been...

It had been...

Engineering.

“You, know,” Wes said. “If I had a couple more guns and some time I could probably wire them all up in some sort of automatic machine gun, you know, it could be more dangerous and would require less skill to aim.”

—-—

Sorrow and joy. Hardship and triumph. Max smiled.

I love you, he said and stood up straighter, summoned Sethramir and walked towards the face of death. Death usually came in different forms, but this time it came in the form of the grunts, the leader, the Scorlionmanbat, and every other abomination in this city, on this rooftop.

Max walked towards them and Rioted their hate towards him, not strong enough to control them but strong enough to provide a powerful bait. All he had to do was survive. Because it worked so well for the last guy who did that trick.

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

“You, know,” Wes said. “If I had a couple more guns and some time I could probably wire them all up in some sort of automatic machine gun, you know, it could be more dangerous and would require less skill to aim.”

Mike quickly pushed his own gun into Wes hands and then started to run over the roof. There had been a battle going on, corpses, injured ones all around them. Lots of guns.

He ran. As quickly as he could, picked up whatever weapon he could find, piled them up next to Wes. Five more.

"I'll search for ammo."

And he was off again, ducking under a piece of rock flying around.

=============

I love you, he said and stood up straighter, summoned Sethramir and walked towards the face of death. Death usually came in different forms, but this time it came in the form of the grunts, the leader, the Scorlionmanbat, and every other abomination in this city, on this rooftop.

I love you, too.

She stared after him wished she could simply take him to Shadesmar, make sure he was safe. It felt final, like an ending. Acid. She only had to soulcast some acid.

Don't die.

She added and tightly wrapped a thought around him. She wouldn't let him die. No matter the cost.

Her thoughts touched a drop of water and the aluminum she had soulcast earlier. Just a little drop, but once she changed it, she saw some smoke rise from the metal. Acid. So she got it right. Waiting. Now she had to wait, see if the leader really focused on Max, so that she could act.

=================

Zokora stepped in front of Deteca, observed the fight. The wall.

"Can you order the soulcaster to cut off their way back? We need to close the entrance first."

In front of her, the young man with the bandaged shoulder stumbled, then fell to the ground and instinctively she inhaled.

"Keep an eye on Deteca."

She asked Sera and started to run. The stormlight gave her strength, allowed her to move fast and she rushed towards a monster moving towards him, slashed her knives about it's arm like features. She took a blow to the side, ribs cracking, then she started to heal again. Yanking her knives out of its body she aimed for its throat, but hit the shoulder instead. Kicking the leg she yanked her kinves free a second time. Avoiding another hit, she finally slashed its throat open and it fell on the ground.

"Get back."

She snapped at the young man.

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

Deteca nodded quickly and handed the gun back to the man who’d given it to her. Talking to people, now, that she could do. She headed up the ladder. 

I’ll write more later, the Shard of Creativity has not blessed me today. :( 

Tels grinned as he got the beast's attention. He shot up into the air, carrying boulders of varying sizes with him, the smallest the size of a large watermelon, and the largest as big as the wings themselves. Tels began to hurl the stones at the beast hoping to aggravate it even further and cause it to give chase. There was a building just barely standing up ahead... If Tels could position the beast correctly, he may be able to defeat or trap it in one blow. As Tels looked down below, he could see the trio getting out guns, likely to try and shoot the beast. Hopefully they aimed for the wings, the plating outside the beast could cause the bullets to ricochet. And hopefully, none of the bullets hit him.

@RayOfSunshine

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike quickly pushed his own gun into Wes hands and then started to run over the roof. There had been a battle going on, corpses, injured ones all around them. Lots of guns.

He ran. As quickly as he could, picked up whatever weapon he could find, piled them up next to Wes. Five more.

"I'll search for ammo."

And he was off again, ducking under a piece of rock flying around.

Wes nodded, ammo was a good idea. A gun was useless without ammo. Taking a break from shooting Wes looked at the guns, wondering where to start. He picked up a semi-automatic machine gun and began to disassemble it, but in his stress he lost a few parts. Cursing he began to assemble it again, except now adding parts from the other guns. He didn’t have any tools or welding materials, but he tried his hardest anyway.

Using three of the guns Wes managed to scrap together a completely automatic machine gun, but at the cost of weaker impact per bullet. He used the parts from the other guns to make it stronger. It was perfect, except for the slight flaw it was too heavy to move anywhere, they’d just have to aim and fire from here.

—-—

I promise. I won’t.

Max replied and looked back, hoped his bait would work.

Using three of the guns Wes managed to scrap together a completely automatic machine gun, but at the cost of weaker impact per bullet. He used the parts from the other guns to make it stronger. It was perfect, except for the slight flaw it was too heavy to move anywhere, they’d just have to aim and fire from here.

Mike scrambled over to the nearest corpse, knelt down and looked the man over for ammo. He gaged when he saw the ripped open stomach, smelled the stench coming out of the man's bowl. Without touching him, he stumbled away, the next one had lost an arm, the bone a stark white against the red flesh. Mike hesitated, then he forced himself to take a deep breath and quickly looked through the pokets, grabbing whatever ammo he could find. The next one and the next. For once the animals were quiet, left him alone, while he smeared his hand ins blood, while he searched corpse after corpse until he had enough to head back to Wes. He had killed. It was one thing to kill, but to rob the maimed corpses. Mike pressed a hand against his mouth, dropped the ammo on the ground next to Wes and used an arm to steady himself against a wall. A breath, try to calm your stomach, its only blood, you've seen it before. Another breath, only blood, it's only - Mike leaned to the side and vomitted on the ground, tried to wipe his hand clean of the stench of death. He was wrong. He was utterly wrong here.

==========================

Zokora watched Deteca vanish and turned back to the breach. She pushed the injured ones behind, slashing at monsters left and right, moved fast and finally managed to let go of her thoughts. She had trained this dance for years, slash, duck, whirl around, block, slash, evade, kill. She focussed on those in trouble, but allowed herself to be carried away by the moment, by her movements, by the lethal dance. The breach was smaller than she thought, the could hold it for now. For now. It depended on Deteca, if they lost or if they won. If she didn't find the soulcaster. A part of Zokora suspected, that she should have stayed back, observed, give orders, but she didn't. It felt wrong to stay back and order others to their death. Not when she could heal the deep wound in her arm within heartbeats. Not when she was faster than all of them together.

And so she danced, her knives catching the light, painting beautiful stars onthe ceiling, on the bodies around her. Her breathing became faster, but for now she was fine, she had trained enough to manage a short fight. to buy time for the soulcaster to close the gap. With a scream she killed another monster, accepted a blow to her legs that had her stumble, fall. The world looked strange from below, the feet, the blood, the screechies of the creatures. A hand pulled her back up, the injured man, she gave a curt nod and whirled around again, resumed her dance.

@AonEne

Deteca surveyed the space before her, but saw nobody with telltale rocky or plant-covered features, among others, so the Soulcaster must have been a Knight Radiant. She took a deep breath and called out, “ARE THERE ANY ELSECALLERS OR LIGHTWEAVERS HERE?” 

She jolted with surprise at finding an actual hush after her words. They listen to me. Sometimes it still didn’t make sense that she had become the leader after Storm, that she had become someone people listened to. A buzz of voices started up again, but quieter, and a few people stepped halfway forward; then a girl who genuinely couldn’t have been more than thirteen wove between the cots and crates, visibly nervous. “I’m a Lightweaver,” she whispered. 

Deteca knew that there were young kids with Investiture, and she knew that age was irrelevant when it came to being in TUBA - she’d been pretty young herself when she joined, only a couple years older. What made her eyebrows go up was that the little Lightweaver was here, so close to the ongoing fight. Nobody would’ve forced her to come, regardless of her abilities, so she must be here of her own free will. She had chosen to be brave. 

There are teenagers here helping out and what have you been doing? she scolded herself. Worrying because you don’t know how to fight something like this, since you can’t do it with words. How Deteca had managed to convince anyone she should be a Ghostblood, she’d never known; she was fairly certain it was half repeating what they told you to sound knowledgeable and half bravado. She was almost glad some days that they’d found her out, because storms, it had been exhausting. 

She snapped herself back to the moment and smiled gently at the girl. “What’s your name?” 

“Zaphiris.” 

“Well, Zaphiris, do you think you can help me with something? It could save a lot of lives.” 

The girl stood a little taller. “What do you need?” 

The TUBAist soldiers are uneasy. Part of it might be fighting side by side with another guild - who knows what those sneaky assassins are planning? They kill people for money; can they really be trusted enough to be in TUBA’s underground base? Part of it is likely a mixture of horror and terror, a feeling shared by nearly all of them in regards to the fever-dream insanity they battle. And part of it is perhaps because they believe themselves to be losing. 

Sure, they’re doing well. As a Dustbringer incinerates a human foe, as an Archivist martial artist and ChayShan user trade off attacks on something they later can’t describe, as an Awakener lashes out with tasseled weapons, they are making an impact. But no matter how many they defeat, there’s always another giant spren or weird combination of animals or armored warrior to replace the dead, flooding in through the sewers. 

One Forger determinedly waits behind the lines, brandishing stamps to refill a gun with ammo or make a blade shine sharp. They’re easy histories, ones he has perfected after a lifetime on the streets of various countries. Streets he was happy to leave when TUBA gave him a place. He’ll defend them to the death, he reflects as he refreshes the ink on his sharpness soulstamp. Which this is starting to feel more and more likely to be. 

He’s looking hopelessly out over the ocean of pain met by fear incarnate when something catches his eye at the end of his guild’s domain and the beginning of the city’s waste’s. Little specks of silver appearing in the air and falling to the ground. The Forger squints, searching for an explanation, and then a thick sheet of smooth metal stretches without warning from the stone ceiling to the ground. 

He stares at the aluminum, openmouthed, just as many others do...then with renewed courage, they push forward, fighting harder with that desperate hope of those who thought all was lost, only to be told a chance exists. 

Zaphiris swayed, letting out a heavy exhalation of Stormlight as the oxygen accepted her terms and morphed into the wall her leader wanted. She grasped one of the bottom rungs of the ladder to keep herself upright; she’d never tried Soulcasting that much before, and was tiredly delighted to discover that she could. She hoped Baker Nutvry wasn’t going to ask for anything else, because as much as she’d love to help, Zaphiris wasn’t sure she could. 

“I did it, Fin,” she murmured to Infinity as the liespren came creeping up her clothes. “This is gonna save people.” She grinned and looked around for Deteca, who had promised her she’d be right there with her. 

And that relieved joy was the last thing she felt as something smashed into her side, tearing her soul from her body and that body in two. 

If I wasn’t blessed by the Shard of Creativity yesterday, holy crap, I think it’s reasonable to say I was today. Also I’m now sad. RIP the new NPC. 

Ark, may I have the something that just killed her be something that Deteca can fight, not too powerful but not easy for an unIvested person to kill either? 

Talas walked to the front door. A slight turn of the handle was all that was necessary to open it, because Allak had already Lashed it downwards a few times. Talost stepped out of the door, and into the dim starlight, seeing his brothers and his sisters all standing in rows on either side of the doorway, each leading up to his father and his mother. 

“My son, the next transformation is here. Join us on the widow’s walk,” Allak said, “and take off that silly metal hand.”

Allak put his arm around the waist of his wife, Ileya, and Lashed then both up to the peak of the roof of the mansion. Talost crouched, and began to access the Dor for power. He finally released his built up energy after a few seconds, shooting up multiple stories, and then proceeded to sprint up the tests of the way up to the top. He vaulted over the wrought iron railing at the top and planted his feet firmly on the platform.

Ileya spoke first. “Are you ready to cast off the shackles of Silas’ influence? To leave behind your physical imperfection and your weak Investiture?” She walked forward and placed her hand on the stump where Talost’s left hand should have been. With a breath of Stormlight, she began the healing process.

The two major parts of the brainwashing process to make Silas into Talost were first to bring out the wrath from beneath Silas’ normally calm exterior and to bring that to the front of Talost’s personality, making him a twisted and evil mirror of Silas. The second part was to change his Cognitive Aspect. Talost now saw himself as a man with two hands and a natural gemheart, removing the need for the spike. The second part of this change was removing his impure Investiture. Now, Talost no longer had access to any of the Metallic Arts. He has risen beyond Silas’ weakness, growing beyond his failures. Silas Jostson was gone, now and forever. Talostr-Akuv was in control. And Silas’ family was next for removal. The sad thing for them is that they would be gone physically as well as mentally.

@RayOfSunshine @Sherlock Holmes

On 8/10/2019 at 8:19 AM, kenod said:

The blades easily hit the grunt, piercing through him and pushing him backwards. Shining black flesh grew around the wounds, growing along the knifes, keeping his body standing, and he stumbled forwards, trying to keep a grip on the Leader. Meanwhile Aylitha knelt down into a sprinter's position, a knife forming in her hand. She looked at the Leader, waiting for her chance.

The leader pulled, ripping it's arms out. It kicked the grunt with superhuman, and pewter enhanced, strength.

Then it began burning off the flesh quickly.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:24 AM, Rushu42 said:

Aln stared at him for a moment. "Do I understand that you just surrounded me and threatened to kill me so that I would keep doing exactly what I had been?" 

John smirked.

"Pretty much."

On 8/10/2019 at 10:48 AM, Grey Knight said:

So, uh. No.

Literally none of that is possible. It's aluminum shielded, and no magic would work. You couldn't find it in the first place.

Also, there's chaos marines, about thirty, who are in place to stop marines from traveling like that.

On 8/11/2019 at 4:00 AM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tena took her and cradled her, looking down at her baby and letting out a sigh of relief. There was always a faint edge of unease in her until she could hold her baby, really know that Sol was still there. 

"So, how have you two been doing?" Tena asked her husband and daughter-in-law.

Anthony shrugged dejectedly, pointedly avoiding eye contact with Ambrosia.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Ambrosia, also avoiding eye contact, frowned. "I mean... Silas showed up looking monstrous on my doorstep, and told me to run away. So... terrible? Soul-crushed? Miserable?"

On 8/11/2019 at 7:55 AM, I think I am here. said:

The Canton squadron looked to the beast of a creature, some of the rookies’ eyes widening at the sight of it. But the warriors among them, the veterans of the Canton, they knew that retreat wasn’t an option, it never was with the Canton unless it was a strategic retreat and there was only one strategic manoeuvre that would help them and that was getting these shields booted up. Even if it costed all of their lives. They knew the risk, and they accepted the terms and conditions.

“Large infantry attack!” The leader yelled and several of the operatives began shooting Aon Daa beams of energy towards the creature in the distance, knowing it wouldn’t kill it but hoping it would slow down while two nicrobursts walked around, trying to enhance the Elantrians operatives.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Sorrow and joy. Hardship and triumph. Max smiled.

Max walked towards them and Rioted their hate towards him, not strong enough to control them but strong enough to provide a powerful bait. All he had to do was survive. Because it worked so well for the last guy who did that trick.

The Abominationspren paused for a second as the investiture hit, destroying a couple of heads. New heads regrew in their place, and it lumbered forward again, knocking into a building as it went. As it passed, the not decayed part collapsed, and fell through the decayed stone on the ground.

~-~-~-~-~-~

A horde of creatures, walking along in the city, turned as one, each and every one turning to face Max. Red glowing, purple glinting, oily black, faded green, the eyes shined as they turned. Spikes bristled, tails lashed, legs clattered. Looming among them were two who stood out noticeably. One was the size of a small apartment building, and was shaped like a velociraptor, with a mass of tentacles in the place of a face. A black beak was in the center of the massive, purple appendages. The rest of the body was scaled in black, with large claws and a barbed tail. The second creature was a golden spren, shaped like a man, thirty feet tall, and "dressed" as a person reminiscent of an ancient greek, with a toga and sandals. Every bit of it was the same gold, except the sword. The sword was seven meters long, and was a deep red, like a scab. While the spren glowed, the sword seemed to suck in light, the air around it darker, the shades more gray, more muted.

Also noticeable among the horde was a monstrous spider-undead-dog thing, a bat-human, a ball of pure blackness, a foot in diameter, a miniature dragon, a minotaur,  and a figure composed of flame. The rest was composed of giant bugs, golems, four-armed people, monstrous dogs, and more of the type.

Ah yeah. This is gonna be fun.

But also.... what was Max thinking? How does he plan on surviving this?

Colossaraptor

Scales are terken, investiture fades when it touches it. So are claws and the barbs on it's tail. The tentacles have a variety of poisons, and have barbs and claws on the suckers. Each tentacle is very strong.

Spartanspren

Is like a giant floating human, injured in all the same ways. Human intelligence (could be convinced to change sides). Blade works somewhere between a shardblade and nightblood. Kills living matter with a touch, makes the body wither to the point it looks ancient. Works like a regular (but very big) sword to nonliving matter.

Ghoul (See previous description) Vampirial Think manbat from batman Paradoxspren can be destroyed by any invested material, silver, or aluminum, destroys nonliving matter with a touch, works like a shade when touching living stuff Dragonette Typical dragon, but the size of a dog Minotaur Just like the greek myth Balespren Can only be damaged by water. Made of fire.

12 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels grinned as he got the beast's attention. He shot up into the air, carrying boulders of varying sizes with him, the smallest the size of a large watermelon, and the largest as big as the wings themselves. Tels began to hurl the stones at the beast hoping to aggravate it even further and cause it to give chase. There was a building just barely standing up ahead... If Tels could position the beast correctly, he may be able to defeat or trap it in one blow. As Tels looked down below, he could see the trio getting out guns, likely to try and shoot the beast. Hopefully they aimed for the wings, the plating outside the beast could cause the bullets to ricochet. And hopefully, none of the bullets hit him.

@RayOfSunshine

The stone mostly broke against the powerful muscles, but a few smaller ones clipped the wings. It howled in rage, flying raggedly through the sky.

It's tails flashed out, grabbing rocks, throwing them back.