Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

On 8/5/2019 at 3:41 PM, Fatebreaker said:

The Stranger pulled on the Alleystorm with a mighty heave...

I hate to tell you this since what you're doing is so awesome, but the Alleystorm is gone. It might not impact your post, though.

Ark, is it reasonable to assume that they breached the tunnels by now?

"You can eat if you want, that's why it's here," Deteca started to offer, then flattened her hand against the wall as the world shook. Luckily, she didn't fall.

"Code Pale Green?" Pi suggested hopefully when she looked at him.

"Code Red is more likely, in this situation," she muttered. Looking up at Zokora, Deteca forced any worry from her tone and added, "I'm sorry, Miss an'Inera, but I think we may need to change accommodations. I don't...think these tunnels will collapse anytime soon, but there is the chance that they will. It could be beneficial to go deeper beneath the Alleycity than we currently are." Pi was already running out the door, she saw when she glanced over. He'd be spreading the word to move.

And then an alarm sounded from hidden speakers, a calm genderless voice loudly saying, "TUNNEL ENTRANCE NUMBER 61 HAS BEEN PENETRATED BY HOSTILE FORCES." The simple message repeated twice more, but Deteca ignored it, speeding through menus on her phone until she found the surveillance in that area - which was thankfully far from them and the refugees.

She stared at it mutely for a moment, then held it out to the Ghostblood woman, showing her the soldiers who ran to fight and the beings that should not exist invading, then shoved it in her pocket and gestured for them to follow her as she started walking briskly out.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Would that help? It’s a big cut.

Max looked at Althea for a moment, sighing and closing his one eye. What was the point?

I’m useless in battle. I can’t heal. My only weapon is a sword and emotional Allomancy which is useless if I don’t want to manipulate people. What use is being good at fighting when every other goon is just as good and invincible?

I don't know.

She whispered and ripped a part of her shirt off, wrapped it around his leg anyway. She had taken a first aid course years ago and if she remembered correctly, doing nothing was worse than trying. Not that she had a real plan, what she was doing. She simply had to try. Her improvised bandage covered the wound completely and she pulled it tight, knotted it together.

What use is owning a shard blade and now probably a plate as well without knowing how to use them?

Standing up she smiled at him, gently removed the aluminum from his other eye. She wished she could help him somehow, tell him that going on like this was a good plan, that they changed something, but they didn't. The enemy contered everything they tried. Or rather he tried. Her contribution was small in comparison.

You're not useless.

She insisted instead.

You saved me countless times. I would be dead without you.

Her hand rested on his cheek for a moment while she tried to think about something they could do.

Let's think about the situation. They are fast, quick. Covered by aluminum. Meaning heavy, meaning metal. Maybe we can heat the armor up, so that they are cooked inside of it. A bomb. Maybe acid?

=====================

Zokora copied the location to her own device and then looked at some of the soldiers around her. Baker Pi had allowed them to come here, if they helped protect those in need of protection and she would honor her word.

"I'll send you the location. Spread word, collect any troops of ours you can find. They should be around here, somewhere. Support in any way you can. I will inform them as well."

A part of the men rushed away and Zokora quickly grabbed something to eat. She hadn't eaten in hours and while it seemed silly in face of the breach, it helped. If she stopped functioning because of low sugar, it would be more than silly. It would endanger lives.

"If we need to leave the city, I can activate an emergency protocol allowing the refuguees and your men to enter Oasis."

She offered and hoped that Althea would go along with this. If she didn't - later, that was a problem for later. Hesitating she thought about the woman's words. She was needed to coordinate their troops, to look over the information, but there were people dying and she planed to hide deeper in the tunnels. The thought tasted like ash in her mouth.

"Is there something I can do to support those defending the tunnels?"

She asked repectfully and readied herself to follow Deteca.

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

20 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Well, I don't remember the post. How did that get there?

Also, pewter lets you ignore fatal wounds. She has pewter, and superhuman strength.

Furthermore, it depends on which arm it's on. Very important detail.

Original infection happened back when the leader grabbed Althea and Aylitha used the opportunity to attack. After that I mentioned it a number of times, though it was mostly just dormant during that period.

As for pewter, it's true that it allows you to ignore big wounds, but having something eat away the muscles and nerves in an arm would still make it unusable.

As for which arm, I'm not sure, it was the one that got cut a while ago. It might have been the left arm, but I'm not sure.

Just when Aylitha jumped someone grabbed her. Her mind sped up, time seeming to slow down. Who was it? Only one other soldier left, others should be dead. Are they? Is it a soldier? My flesh, close. Infected them. Must be the leader. She felt heat arising behind her. Fire, beam. She thought. On instinct she started reabsorbing her body, but she wasn't fast enough. The beam pierced through her chest, heating quickly eating away at the rest of her body. She dissolved from both her center as well as the ends of her body, flame at one side and absorption at the other. In less than a second all that laid in front of the leader was a large pile of ashes.

Back where the corpse of one of the grunts laid the flower on their neck started blooming, growing into a new body. The grunt slowly stood up as well, moving clumsily, uncoordinated. While the Aylitha's body laid on the ground reforming the grunt rushed at the leader, barely managing to keep their balance. At the same time a different grunt slowly started standing up as well, spike still piercing their face.

"That's very nice of you," Deteca said after a pause, heading out of the room and down the tunnel. "Both letting us into Oasis and sending your forces to help." She hesitated. "I could give you access to the cameras around the tunnels, and you could keep an eye on them for more breaks in the defense?"

@Sorana

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

Her hand rested on his cheek for a moment while she tried to think about something they could do.

Let's think about the situation. They are fast, quick. Covered by aluminum. Meaning heavy, meaning metal. Maybe we can heat the armor up, so that they are cooked inside of it. A bomb. Maybe acid?

Max felt the bandages wrap around his leg and he nodded. His despair, his feeling of being nothing but a swordsman who couldn’t even use his powers to their full potential faded when he felt her out a hand on his cheek, and he looked into her eyes with his. Both of his eyes, thankfully. She was here, to help him when he felt like he was useless. She was his support, right now both emotionally and physically.

Good plan, he said, looking to the enemies. I can bait them. Can you soulcast acid? Let’s not do a bomb, I know how you feel about fire.

—-—

Across the city, a Canton force of 20 men at and women stationed themselves as per the orders of the leader of Operations.

“Take guard!” One woman yelled and the 20 operatives got in position, placing down a large machine and surrounding it to guard it from abominations. The machine was a forcefield generator that would create one of the Canton’s signature massive shields. It would take a few minutes to charge up, and the Canton squad of twenty was ready to defend it against their last breath until that countdown. They had to.

50 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Good plan, he said, looking to the enemies. I can bait them. Can you soulcast acid? Let’s not do a bomb, I know how you feel about fire.

Yes. I can come up with something. Sorrow and joy, hardship and triumph, she smiled at him, I will always support you.

She felt for her reserves and worry crossed her face. Enough. More than plenty on a normal day. But today wasn't a normal day. And running out wasn't an option. She'd just have to make sure to be extra efficient, to stop soulcasting everything, just because she could do so easily. Thankfully she had taken the time to store lots of investiture in the bracelet while the storm had been raging around them. Quickly she opened her device and ran a quick search on 'acid'. Her last chemistry class was a while ago and while she had a vague idea of what might work with aluminum, it never hurt to inform yourself before starting to soulcast. The clearer the picture in her head, the easier it would be to explain the spren what they were supposed to change into. And the les stormlight she would need.

==============

"Of course."

Zokora replied and smiled at Deteca.

"I offered my, our help when it came to protecting the refugees and I will stand to my word."

She hesitated, then handed her tablet over.

"Access to the cameras would be a great help."

@AonEne

Edited by Sorana

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Sorrow and joy, hardship and triumph, she smiled at him, I will always support you. 

IT'S ADORABLE, THEY'RE ADORABLE, WE STILL NEED A SHIP NAME, AHHHH WARM FUZZIES 

@Sorana 

Deteca took the tablet and [did things, I don't know how hooking surveillance devices up with stuff works :wacko:]. Passing it back to Zokora, she resumed walking down the hall. "That code should give you access for just today," she said over her shoulder. She glanced back and added with a half-apologetic smile, "I don't think the rest of my guild would be happy if I gave a high-ranked Ghostblood - or any Ghostblood, actually - permanent access to our cameras. And you only have the ones on the inside of the tunnels." 

Tels nodded as Wes, Mike, and Seom gave their introductions. “Good,” he said. “I could use all the help I can get. I need you to go and distract the beast, harm it if you can. Watch out for the flying rubble. And tell the soldiers to do the same.” Tels cringed as the Scorlionmanbat started to charge the soldiers, killing many of them. When the beast brought the building down on top of Sharpe, Tels gritted his teeth. Hopefully Sharpe had enough stormlight left to keep him alive... Meanwhile, the best thing to do would to be to try and take out the beast and hope Sharpe made it out alive. Tels dashed over to the rubble, huge chunks of stones and cement litering the ground, which would soon serve as ammunition. He commanded multitudes of sand to wrap around the boulder. The sand hefted it up into the air, then began to hurl giant flying boulders towards the beast. With it distracted with the soldiers, it would be hard to notice the chunks of stone flying towards its head.

@I think I am here.

@Sherlock Holmes

@RayOfSunshine

4 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels nodded as Wes, Mike, and Seom gave their introductions. “Good,” he said. “I could use all the help I can get. I need you to go and distract the beast, harm it if you can. Watch out for the flying rubble. And tell the soldiers to do the same.” Tels cringed as the Scorlionmanbat started to charge the soldiers, killing many of them. When the beast brought the building down on top of Sharpe, Tels gritted his teeth. Hopefully Sharpe had enough stormlight left to keep him alive... Meanwhile, the best thing to do would to be to try and take out the beast and hope Sharpe made it out alive. Tels dashed over to the rubble, huge chunks of stones and cement litering the ground, which would soon serve as ammunition. He commanded multitudes of sand to wrap around the boulder. The sand hefted it up into the air, then began to hurl giant flying boulders towards the beast. With it distracted with the soldiers, it would be hard to notice the chunks of stone flying towards its head.

@I think I am here.

@Sherlock Holmes

@RayOfSunshine

"What should I do..." Seom asked Mike. "I only have so many goldminds on me. Also, when all this calms down, I am going to learn how to use a sword or a gun or something." @Sorana

On 8/7/2019 at 5:32 AM, Rushu42 said:

Aln resisted the urge to sneeze. "You're from Roshar, then? You must have witnessed an incredible amount of history." 

He grinned and nodded. The bug crawled up onto her forehead as his right arm dissolved into a swarm of bugs, and crawled over the desk. His face grew still as the grin faded. "I have. But let's not talk about me." The bug crawled up closer to her left eye, it's front feelers brushing against his left eye. "I forgot to mention, but there's something you need to know." The cremling brushed it's feelers together. "The merits mean I own what I use them on. I used all of them on your guild. And while I plan on giving you autonomy, I will still own you." The bug crawled another step forward. "Please tell me if these terms are not acceptable, so I can burn the place to the ground and get the mansions instead."

On 8/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, AonEne said:

"You can eat if you want, that's why it's here," Deteca started to offer, then flattened her hand against the wall as the world shook. Luckily, she didn't fall.

"Code Pale Green?" Pi suggested hopefully when she looked at him.

"Code Red is more likely, in this situation," she muttered. Looking up at Zokora, Deteca forced any worry from her tone and added, "I'm sorry, Miss an'Inera, but I think we may need to change accommodations. I don't...think these tunnels will collapse anytime soon, but there is the chance that they will. It could be beneficial to go deeper beneath the Alleycity than we currently are." Pi was already running out the door, she saw when she glanced over. He'd be spreading the word to move.

And then an alarm sounded from hidden speakers, a calm genderless voice loudly saying, "TUNNEL ENTRANCE NUMBER 61 HAS BEEN PENETRATED BY HOSTILE FORCES." The simple message repeated twice more, but Deteca ignored it, speeding through menus on her phone until she found the surveillance in that area - which was thankfully far from them and the refugees.

She stared at it mutely for a moment, then held it out to the Ghostblood woman, showing her the soldiers who ran to fight and the beings that should not exist invading, then shoved it in her pocket and gestured for them to follow her as she started walking briskly out.

It's perfectly logical. Not only is it logical, it's illogical that the monsters would only have gotten in there.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:39 PM, kenod said:

Just when Aylitha jumped someone grabbed her. Her mind sped up, time seeming to slow down. Who was it? Only one other soldier left, others should be dead. Are they? Is it a soldier? My flesh, close. Infected them. Must be the leader. She felt heat arising behind her. Fire, beam. She thought. On instinct she started reabsorbing her body, but she wasn't fast enough. The beam pierced through her chest, heating quickly eating away at the rest of her body. She dissolved from both her center as well as the ends of her body, flame at one side and absorption at the other. In less than a second all that laid in front of the leader was a large pile of ashes.

Back where the corpse of one of the grunts laid the flower on their neck started blooming, growing into a new body. The grunt slowly stood up as well, moving clumsily, uncoordinated. While the Aylitha's body laid on the ground reforming the grunt rushed at the leader, barely managing to keep their balance. At the same time a different grunt slowly started standing up as well, spike still piercing their face.

The leader stepped back, confused. She tried to growl again, but everything was still silent.

The stupid Dark Alley with their damnable "superior" research and the damnable zombie creatures.

She grabbed the off balance grunt, and threw him off the side of the building.

As she turned, surveying the rooftop, she saw the grunt with the spike. She stepped back, raising her hand wardingly.

13 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Across the city, a Canton force of 20 men at and women stationed themselves as per the orders of the leader of Operations.

“Take guard!” One woman yelled and the 20 operatives got in position, placing down a large machine and surrounding it to guard it from abominations. The machine was a forcefield generator that would create one of the Canton’s signature massive shields. It would take a few minutes to charge up, and the Canton squad of twenty was ready to defend it against their last breath until that countdown. They had to.

A giants writhing, howling mass of heads approached them. Chasmfiends, cremlings, axehounds, koloss, wolf, tiger, and everything in between. The stone decayed as it passed, metal rusting, plants withering. Behind it, a human bureau soldier and a human TUBA soldier fought, and stepped onto the decayed stone. Their fighting cut off as they fell forty feet to the undecayed stone. The creature was the size of a mansion, destroyed anything it touched, and it was heading to the Canton force.

Abominationspren

It is mostly in the physical realm, but it is still a spren. The spren destroys anything it touches to an extent that it crumbles at a mild wind, or a touch. Invested material can harm it, but it will damage them. If a radiant shardblade sliced at it, the spren would feel pain, and would likely be unable to talk for an hour or so afterward. With extended contact, it could kill or permanently maim a spren. Amberite would slice through, but it would decay as it does. Shardplate would let a person get in and attack, but it would be fairly quickly be damaged badly. Aluminum is the best weapon, but it is a weak metal, and the strength of the spren can destroy it.

Summary: Veeeeeeeeeeery dangerous

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tena kept running and eventually got to her house. She'd had steps installed last year, as she could no longer Steelpush her way up. She jogged up the steps and walked into her house, closing the door behind her. "Ambrosia?" @RayOfSunshine

Ambrosia turned. "Tena?"

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

The creature was impaling another soldier, when a large boulder hit it's head. It turned, roaring loudly, as more boulders flew towards it. It's mandibles clacked, crushing a rock. Then it flapped it's wings forward, and the rocks were repelled backward. It stepped forward towards the source, growling.

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

IT'S ADORABLE, THEY'RE ADORABLE, WE STILL NEED A SHIP NAME, AHHHH WARM FUZZIES 

^_^ That was a part of their marriage oath.

======================

„Thank you.“

Zokora took her tablet back and followed Deteca down the tunnel.

“That we’re even talking here, is more than I ever expected.”

She replied slightly distracted and looked through the data. It took her a bit to set it into relation to her own surveillance systems outside of the tunnels, but then she had them synchronized.

“There will be another breach, soon, not far from here.”

Quickly she directed some soldiers there, to prepare a trap to snap shut as soon as the creature broke through.

“They don’t seem to have found an entrance yet, they are still searching. But they’re close, killed my men outside, too.”

“Interested to go there and take a look? Maybe we can lure them away?”

She showed the map to Deteca. It wasn’t far and with some support from their troops, they should be able to avert that breach.

@AonEne

=========================

“That sounds like a good idea.”

Mike ducked behind a corner and observed the creature.

“Honestly, I’m not sure what any of us should do to help here.”

He admitted.

“Do you know about first aid? In that case maybe check on the soldiers, see if you can stabilize some of them.”

Pausing he started to grin at them.

“It’s focusing on Tels. And it’s flying. If we pierce its wings, it can’t fly anymore. Even a seemingly small amount of holes should be enough.”

Taking out his guns he offered it to them. He was no good shot either, but ever since Maxwell had shown him the basics he liked to carry some. Even if you didn't hit, they looked dangerous and people tended to jump into cover.

“Try to hit the wings, they should be large enough. I will see what I can do about that sinew holding the wing in place. As long as it is deflecting the boulders Tels throws at it, you have a large and easy target, if you circle around to its back. And it won't hear you shooting either.”

His fingers tapped the sound absorbers.

@Sherlock Holmes

@I think I am here.

It's probably somewhere already, but could I get a description on how that thing looks like?

@RayOfSunshine

@Truthless of Shinovar

10 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

He grinned and nodded. The bug crawled up onto her forehead as his right arm dissolved into a swarm of bugs, and crawled over the desk. His face grew still as the grin faded. "I have. But let's not talk about me." The bug crawled up closer to her left eye, it's front feelers brushing against his left eye. "I forgot to mention, but there's something you need to know." The cremling brushed it's feelers together. "The merits mean I own what I use them on. I used all of them on your guild. And while I plan on giving you autonomy, I will still own you." The bug crawled another step forward. "Please tell me if these terms are not acceptable, so I can burn the place to the ground and get the mansions instead."

Aln closed her left eye, but kept the right firmly fixed in the Sleepless. "You're saying that you own me? I'm not sure I quite follow," she said calmly. "You are spending your merits to save my building. If this gives you the legal right to own that building once your PlasmaCore government has been established, that is unfortunate but acceptable. However, you claim that spending merits on my library gives you the legal right to own me? Are you therefore claiming that without your influence, your colleagues would kill me?"

Edited by Rushu42

9 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Ambrosia turned. "Tena?"

"Hello, dear," Tena said, cracking a smile at Ambrosia. "Are my granddaughters okay? Also," she raised her voice, "Ani, come down here!" 

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

“That sounds like a good idea.”

Mike ducked behind a corner and observed the creature.

“Honestly, I’m not sure what any of us should do to help here.”

He admitted.

“Do you know about first aid? In that case maybe check on the soldiers, see if you can stabilize some of them.”

Pausing he started to grin at them.

“It’s focusing on Tels. And it’s flying. If we pierce its wings, it can’t fly anymore. Even a seemingly small amount of holes should be enough.”

Taking out his guns he offered it to them. He was no good shot either, but ever since Maxwell had shown him the basics he liked to carry some. Even if you didn't hit, they looked dangerous and people tended to jump into cover.

“Try to hit the wings, they should be large enough. I will see what I can do about that sinew holding the wing in place. As long as it is deflecting the boulders Tels throws at it, you have a large and easy target, if you circle around to its back. And it won't hear you shooting either.”

His fingers tapped the sound absorbers.

@Sherlock Holmes

@I think I am here.

Seom nodded and headed off to find and help whatever soldiers she could with her med kit.

Voidus blinked as a sudden rift opened up, a distortion of the Alleys far beyond regular Alleytravel. His lips had already parted, on the verge of asking the Stranger just what exactly he was up to, but then he shut them instead. Better to wait and see, the Stranger's surprises were usually worth waiting for. Other than that one time with the Colossal Mistwraith, but they'd been able to heal most of the lost limbs from that incident.

A single immense claw burst forth from the rift first, the shadow it cast taking up a large portion of the crater that Voidus had just created. It was followed by another giant claw, and then legs as a colossal creature heaved itself through the rift, letting out a bellow that shook the ground for miles around.

"Lovely craftsmanship." Voidus commented, casting a critical eye over the creature as it waited before them. "Though I must say, do you think a greatshell is suitably dramatic here? Saving it for an appearance from the ocean might have been a little more visually inspiring."

He gave the Stranger a grin at the same time. However much the two might trade mild criticisms of each other, they'd always been the largest fans of each others work. It was truly an inspired creation to integrate the Fjordish symbols into the geological landscaping of the greatshell, and the placement of the spikes seemed synergistic, integrating with the Selish Investiture and likely producing some form of Resonance. Once again he was reminded that the Stranger was not the head of the research department for nothing.

"This storm seems to be passing." He noted. "Perhaps another one for suitable dramatic background?"
@Fatebreaker

I'm scared for Aln but very interested in where this conversation is going. Also, Ark, you do creepy really well!

RIP random TUBA NPC :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Not only is it logical, it's illogical that the monsters would only have gotten in there.

Oh, I intend for them to breach elsewhere. Or I intended, but Sorana beat me to it, so we're good either way. :D

Voidus-Stranger BrOTP, honestly.

(Is Homeless an in-world term? Just realized I don't know. If anyone else knows tell me.)

Deteca nodded. "I've been wanting closer relationships between all guilds for years, but those lines were drawn for a reason, I suppose. The majority of guild members don't want to associate with any guild they're not in." She went silent again, listening, then pursed her lips in thought as she studied the map. Bringing up her own map of the tunnels, she flicked off a few texts telling TUBAists where the weak point was, then looked up and nodded.

"I'm not much of a fighter, but I have some training in case anything gets past." She prayed to the God Beyond that her voice stayed steady and not freaked out. "This way, then." @Sorana

Edited by AonEne

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

I'm scared for Aln but very interested in where this conversation is going. Also, Ark, you do creepy really well!

Yeah, the whole thing is kinda creeping me out. Aln's ostensibly supposed to not take sides, but she's REALLY hoping that the Alleyverse wins. So good luck everyone!

I mean if the Alleyverse doesn't win then it's because the DA seceded or something, because whichever side they're on will win in flat-out war. :P But hopefully that corner of the party won't get much crazier than it already is.

14 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln closed her left eye, but kept the right firmly fixed in the Sleepless. "You're saying that you own me? I'm not sure I quite follow," she said calmly. "You are spending your merits to save my building. If this gives you the legal right to own that building once your PlasmaCore government has been established, that is unfortunate but acceptable. However, you claim that spending merits on my library gives you the legal right to own me? Are you therefore claiming that without your influence, your colleagues would kill me?"

He grinned cruelly. The bug crawled onto the eye. "Oh, you make my brothers seem too kind."

His entire body began to dissolve, and more bugs crawled in from under the door. Only his head remained, hundreds of small legs gripping the top of the chair, one eye missing from the face. The middle of the left cheek and a chunk of the right lower lip had also left, and bugs coated the walls and ceiling of the room, and at least forty flying bugs swarmed in the air.

"They wouldn't simply kill you. They would enslave you, torture you, violate you."

The swarm began climbing up Aln's legs, coating everything up to her knees in a writhing mass, and ten or so were scattered over her thighs, her stomach, her chest. More and more entered through the door, and the room was echoing with the clatter, the clicking of hundreds of thousands of legs, the buzzing of wings, the crackling of a hundred mandibles. Two or three flying bugs landed in Aln's hair, and one landed on her neck.

"And yes, I would technically own you. But I promise... I am kind compared to the others."

A dark skinned face emerged on the wall, a hand coming out of the ceiling. Each pulled back after a few seconds, but a piece of a back, scaled and spiked, emerged on the floor, near the wall. More animal and human body parts continued to emerge around the room.

"I would give you full autonomy, as a person, as a library. The only thing I would ever ask is research for me." The face, almost zombie-like in its composition, frowned lightly, it's remaining eye narrowing. "But I understand if you can't work under me." The face, creeing, clattering, suddenly dissolved into a mass of bugs. John's voice echoed throughout the entire room, mouths appearing in the walls, the ceiling, the floor, and disappearing just as fast. "So I will give you three options. The first is you live under all the conditions I have stated." The bug on her eye poked it, sharp claws digging in slightly. "The second is that I turn you over to my colleagues, and you live under their terms. I doubt it will be better, but at least one is quite generous." The bugs in her hair lifted off, but the bug on her eye dug in to the point it would be painful. "The third... the third is I kill you on the spot."

His entire body reformed in a matter of seconds, only his eye still missing. The rest of the bugs exited the room, swarming out the door.

"Choose wisely."

14 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

"Hello, dear," Tena said, cracking a smile at Ambrosia. "Are my granddaughters okay? Also," she raised her voice, "Ani, come down here!" 

Seom nodded and headed off to find and help whatever soldiers she could with her med kit.

Ambrosia nodded, putting the twins out in her arms more obviously. "Both are fine. Asa seems happy-" As if to prove the point, Asa giggled. "-And Nectar is sleeping soundly." She leaned down and kissed Nectar's forehead.

She sighed, composing herself.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Anthony breathed in sharply. He turned on his foot, grabbing Sol, and walked hesitantly down the stairs.

He breathed in deeply, then spoke softly. "I'm here."

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

Oh, this random on the spot decision of creating John was the best thing I've done in this thread. I've enjoyed their interaction so much.

Thank you :)

6 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Yeah, the whole thing is kinda creeping me out. Aln's ostensibly supposed to not take sides, but she's REALLY hoping that the Alleyverse wins. So good luck everyone!

Well, I bet this will make everything you said in that post more extreme.

11 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca nodded. "I've been wanting closer relationships between all guilds for years, but those lines were drawn for a reason, I suppose. The majority of guild members don't want to associate with any guild they're not in." She went silent again, listening, then pursed her lips in thought as she studied the map. Bringing up her own map of the tunnels, she flicked off a few texts telling TUBAists where the weak point was, then looked up and nodded.

"I'm not much of a fighter, but I have some training in case anything gets past." She prayed to the God Beyond that her voice stayed steady and not freaked out. "This way, then." @Sorana

"I will be able to get you out, should things go south."

Zokora offered, unsure if Deteca even wanted her help. She gave a few last orders, and then hurried after Deteca through the tunnels, drew her knifes. They were a comfortable weight in her hands and she loosened her shoulders, felt her steps softened slightly. She liked to fight. Despite the ghosts, despite their endless following her, threatening her, she liked the thrill of a fight, the moment when her life was hers, when it was in her hands and only in hers. When it depended on her skills and her training to get out alive.

"Let's show those monsters, that they have no place in this city."

She grinned and continued to follow Deteca, although she'd memorized the way already. Still, it would be impolite to take over the lead here. Deteca outranked her, and these were her tunnels. So she kept back, silently urged the woman to move faster. They only had a short window of time to act.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:18 AM, RayOfSunshine said:

The leader stepped back, confused. She tried to growl again, but everything was still silent.

The stupid Dark Alley with their damnable "superior" research and the damnable zombie creatures.

She grabbed the off balance grunt, and threw him off the side of the building.

As she turned, surveying the rooftop, she saw the grunt with the spike. She stepped back, raising her hand wardingly.

The grunt stood there, looking like it was watching her. Meanwhile Aylitha finished regenerating in the back, slowly standing up, swaying on her feet. Down below a loud crash echoed upwards as the grunt who fell off hit the ground.

Edited by kenod

7 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

He grinned cruelly. The bug crawled onto the eye. "Oh, you make my brothers seem too kind."

His entire body began to dissolve, and more bugs crawled in from under the door. Only his head remained, hundreds of small legs gripping the top of the chair, one eye missing from the face. The middle of the left cheek and a chunk of the right lower lip had also left, and bugs coated the walls and ceiling of the room, and at least forty flying bugs swarmed in the air.

"They wouldn't simply kill you. They would enslave you, torture you, violate you."

The swarm began climbing up Aln's legs, coating everything up to her knees in a writhing mass, and ten or so were scattered over her thighs, her stomach, her chest. More and more entered through the door, and the room was echoing with the clatter, the clicking of hundreds of thousands of legs, the buzzing of wings, the crackling of a hundred mandibles. Two or three flying bugs landed in Aln's hair, and one landed on her neck.

"And yes, I would technically own you. But I promise... I am kind compared to the others."

A dark skinned face emerged on the wall, a hand coming out of the ceiling. Each pulled back after a few seconds, but a piece of a back, scaled and spiked, emerged on the floor, near the wall. More animal and human body parts continued to emerge around the room.

"I would give you full autonomy, as a person, as a library. The only thing I would ever ask is research for me." The face, almost zombie-like in its composition, frowned lightly, it's remaining eye narrowing. "But I understand if you can't work under me." The face, creeing, clattering, suddenly dissolved into a mass of bugs. John's voice echoed throughout the entire room, mouths appearing in the walls, the ceiling, the floor, and disappearing just as fast. "So I will give you three options. The first is you live under all the conditions I have stated." The bug on her eye poked it, sharp claws digging in slightly. "The second is that I turn you over to my colleagues, and you live under their terms. I doubt it will be better, but at least one is quite generous." The bugs in her hair lifted off, but the bug on her eye dug in to the point it would be painful. "The third... the third is I kill you on the spot."

His entire body reformed in a matter of seconds, only his eye still missing. The rest of the bugs exited the room, swarming out the door.

"Choose wisely."

Aln shuddered, her breathing coming fast and unevenly. Her trembling hand went to her eye, reflexively trying to push the bug away, but the manacles on her wrists prevented the motion. She felt a scream welling up in her throat as bugs swarmed around her, but no sound came out. John's words scattered around the room, the letters distorted. The expression on his face when he reformed nearly made Aln scream again, but instead she swallowed. "I..." She stammered. "I don't..." Her fingers sought her face once more. "What are you doing to my eye?"

7 hours ago, RayOfSunshine said:

Well, I bet this will make everything you said in that post more extreme.

Yeah, NO KIDDING.