Ark1002

Public Opinions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience with Phase 3, The Taste of Death (ToD)?

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4, All Lights Quenched (ALQ)?

3. 3. Overall, have you enjoyed the Rift Saga?

The Rift had been destroyed. The Red Phoenix was gone. The Dark Phoenix was calming.

The Guilds were hiding.

The timing was perfect.

Lord Ajax waved his hands, and the ceiling opened, slowly. The flying members were into the sky within seconds. The rest waited impatiently as the floor slowly lifted up. They reached the ground, and they spilled out in a massive field of demons, people, spren, and other creatures. Dotted among the monstrosities was humans, Singers, Sleepless. They all wore uniforms, black and gold, emblazoned with a purple nightshade flowers, and the words Bureau of Villainy. But the creatures overshadowed them easily. Ranging from human sized to one the size of the Alleyzon skyscraper, they were all dangerous, destructive.

And they all worked for Lord Ajax.

They moved forward toward the city, some flying ahead, some sprinted, slowly lumbering. Around them, grass burnt, long tracks were carved through the dirt, massive chunks of earth and stone were turned to glass, crystal, steel. The landscape had the look of a terribly diseased man or woman. Mismatched colors, scars and pockmarks.

It was all beautiful to him.

The first arrived, and all the others were not far behind.

Biggest, the large one, was shaped like a wheel, spiked and dark. Everything it touched was ripped to shreds by the spikes, which were actually thousands of clawed hands. It ripped apart a building as he watched. He would go soon, but he wanted to save the best for last. The Guilds could fight the monsters, barely. But him... they would be like mewling kittens as he took everything they had for himself.

The Dark Phoenix was quickly not the only thing in the sky. It was surrounded by harpies, spren, dragons, and worse. But still it hovered.

Fine with him.

The Dark Horde was released.

He cackled, mismatched eyes glowing bright.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IM SO EXCITED

Tels looked towards the city walls, a grim look on his face. An army of an epic proportion was advancing towards the city, and it didn’t look good. Beasts and creatures of every kind charged towards the city walls, their movement like a hideous highstorm.

”Oh Aisha... this is a bigger army than I anticipated. I suppose it’s time to fight for our lives, defend the Alleycity, and pretty much save the world, isn’t it?” Tels asked. 

@I think I am here.

@Sorana

@Silva

@Rushu42

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

As the monsters left the building small bugs started following them, hiding beneath the roofs of nearby homes, stalking them as they walked the streets and flew through the air.

The bug near the guild leaders landed on the ground in front of them, and twitched. Aylitha hated doing this, wasting her reserves like that. Still, it had to be done, and if they weren't useful she could just eat them, more matter was always useful. The bug burst open, matter bubbling up out of it, tentacles lashing out. They twisted together, forming a new body. A moment later a young girl stood in the same location, skin unnaturally pale, eyes completely black. "Sorry for the interruption," she said, a faint smile visible. "Something... important has just come up."

A long distance away the black patch covering the streets shrunk, some bugs vanishing, the matter disappearing back into Aylitha.

@I think I am here., @Truthless of Shinovar, @Sorana, @Silva, @Rushu42

On 7/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels looked towards the city walls, a grim look on his face. An army of an epic proportion was advancing towards the city, and it didn’t look good. Beasts and creatures of every kind charged towards the city walls, their movement like a hideous highstorm.

”Oh Aisha... this is a bigger army than I anticipated. I suppose it’s time to fight for our lives, defend the Alleycity, and pretty much save the world, isn’t it?” Tels asked. 

@I think I am here.

@Sorana

@Silva

@Rushu42

Aln put a hand reflexively in her pocket, fingers seeking her spanreed. "I suppose," she replied. "I wonder-" She was cut off by the sudden transformation of a nearby bug.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, kenod said:

As the monsters left the building small bugs started following them, hiding beneath the roofs of nearby homes, stalking them as they walked the streets and flew through the air.

The bug near the guild leaders landed on the ground in front of them, and twitched. Aylitha hated doing this, wasting her reserves like that. Still, it had to be done, and if they weren't useful she could just eat them, more matter was always useful. The bug burst open, matter bubbling up out of it, tentacles lashing out. They twisted together, forming a new body. A moment later a young girl stood in the same location, skin unnaturally pale, eyes completely black. "Sorry for the interruption," she said, a faint smile visible. "Something... important has just come up."

A long distance away the black patch covering the streets shrunk, some bugs vanishing, the matter disappearing back into Aylitha.

@I think I am here., @Truthless of Shinovar, @Sorana, @Silva, @Rushu42

Aln jumped, staring toward the girl. Could that be... A Sleepless? She thought. I wouldn't even be surprised, at this point.

Rather than give voice to her thoughts, though, she asked, "Something important? What do you mean? And, who are you?" 

Edited by Rushu42

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln put a have reflexively in her pocket, fingers seeking her spanreed. "I suppose," she replied. "I wonder-" She was cut off by the sudden transformation of a nearby bug.

Aln jumped, staring toward the girl. Could that be... A Sleepless? She thought. I wouldn't even be surprised, at this point.

Rather than give voice to her thoughts, though, she asked, "Something important? What do you mean? And, who are you?" 

Kendul was confused, He had spent forever searching for that meeting, but when he finally arrived to the meeting, it had already ended. Now, he spent hours looking for Aln, and he wasn't going to miss her, he needed answers. 

He saw her, and flew over to her, using his sand and landed behind her. 
"Aln, I've been looking for you, what the heck is going on?" He looked over at the strange, bug thing moving away. "What in the-"

@Rushu42

Edited by Lord Furret

3 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul was confused, He had spent forever searchin

g for that meeting, but when he finally arrived to the meeting, it had already ended. Now, he spent hours looking for Aln, and he wasn't going to miss her, he needed answers. 

He saw her, and flew over to her, using his sand and landed behind her. 
"Aln, I've been looking for you, what the heck is going on?" He looked over at the strange, bug thing moving away. "What in the-"

@Rushu42

Aln seemed not to hear Kendul, but she saw his sand out of the corner of her eye, and turned around.  She seemed startled. "Kendul? When did you get here?"

This probably needs some clarification. My character has a weakness that is, as it turns out, really confusing to RP. (Oh, well. You learn from your mistakes.) See, Aln can't hear anything. She's been deaf her whole life, but a boon from the Nightwatcher enabled her see speech. If someone's in her line of sight, she can see what they're saying, but otherwise, she can't hear. So, since Kendul is behind her, she heard nothing. (It's also part of what makes her so useless in a fight.)

9 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln seemed not to hear Kendul, but she saw his sand out of the corner of her eye, and turned around.  She seemed startled. "Kendul? When did you get here?"

I remember reading that in the AV character thread, it's a really cool idea!

Kendul frowned, noting the pause before she noticed him, almost as if she didn't hear him. Didn't she say something about visiting the Nightwatcher? Maybe it's connected to her bane, he thought. "I got your first message, and tried to get into a meeting between the Great Guilds, but it already ended when I got there, and decided to look for you, then there was the Pheonix, and- I'm just looking for something to explain everything at this point."

Edited by Lord Furret

2 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul frowned, noting the pause before she noticed him, almost as if she was deaf. Didn't she say something about visiting the nightwatcher? Maybe it's connected to her bane, he thought. "I got your first message, and tried to get into a meeting between the Great Guilds, but it already ended when I got there, and decided to look for you, then there was the Pheonix, and- I'm just looking for something to explain everything."

Aln smiled. "I'm glad someone got the message. I'm not sure I can explain much more than you already know, but I'll do my best. When I arrived at the PlasmaCore building, it was under attack from a massive bird made of flames. It's been referred to as a phoenix, but I have been unable to determine the origins of the creature. I don't even know whether it's biological or mechanical, although I believe that it's powered by Hemalurgy. Regardless, it was intent on destroying the building, and was only stopped by a forcefield. There was a battle, between it and a shape-shifter, but it suddenly stopped in the midst of it all, and flew away. I thought that it had been controlled in some way, as it was acting quite oddly, but that appears to be false." She stopped and glanced at Max before continuing, "A second Phoenix, some dark parody of the first, eventually destroyed the building, and has been since waiting near the wreckage. However, this has not seemed to deter PlasmaCore, which has now sent an a large army of monstrosities to destroy and conquer the city. Several Guilds, I believe, are sending armies of their own. The... confrontation will be ugly." Aln sighed, looking concerned. "I don't believe that there's any way to prevent a battle, at this point, but perhaps my notes will be of some use." 

Just now, Rushu42 said:

Aln smiled. "I'm glad someone got the message. I'm not sure I can explain much more than you already know, but I'll do my best. When I arrived at the PlasmaCore building, it was under attack from a massive bird made of flames. It's been referred to as a phoenix, but I have been unable to determine the origins of the creature. I don't even know whether it's biological or mechanical, although I believe that it's powered by Hemalurgy. Regardless, it was intent on destroying the building, and was only stopped by a forcefield. There was a battle, between it and a shape-shifter, but it suddenly stopped in the midst of it all, and flew away. I thought that it had been controlled in some way, as it was acting quite oddly, but that appears to be false." She stopped and glanced at Max before continuing, "A second Phoenix, some dark parody of the first, eventually destroyed the building, and has been since waiting near the wreckage. However, this has not seemed to deter PlasmaCore, which has now sent an a large army of monstrosities to destroy and conquer the city. Several Guilds, I believe, are sending armies of their own. The... confrontation will be ugly." Aln sighed, looking concerned. "I don't believe that there's any way to prevent a battle, at this point, but perhaps my notes will be of some use." 

He closed his eyes. Hemalurgic Pheonix. That sounded familiar. He scoured his brain, wishing once again that he had copperminds. He opened his eyes. Got it. 

"The Pheonix was a creature created by the DA . It was awakened during the Seven Day War by a extremely strong rioting, and destroyed a large portion of the city. It was awakened in a similar situation in the Oasis, once again awakened by a rioting, and destroyed a large amount of the city. I believe it's been asleep for several years, something must've awakened it, in a attempt to destroy Plasmacore, but a Dark Pheonix? I don't know of that, and a battle with all the guilds? This could be more violent than even the Seven Day War."

He turned to Max, and looked him up and down. "And you are?"

@Rushu42

Tels looked first at the growing group, and then warily watched the edge. The roof could only fit so many people. The girl appearing out of nowhere had been a surprise, but at this point, Tels would believe anything could happen. Tels then proceeded to stick out a ribbon of sand in the shape of a hand towards Kendul. “It’s nice to meet another sand master here,” Tels said, noticing the sand Kendal had used to reach the building. Addressing everyone, he continued. “So we know that the Phoenix was created somehow using hemalurgy. It’s probably to assume that the Dark Phoenix was created using similar means. Max, would there be any way to find more Rioters to help control the Dark Phoenix? Direct it towards Ajax’s army, as previously planned?”

@Lord Furret

@I think I am here.

I wonder, how many people can fit into this particular roof?

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

31 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels looked first at the growing group, and then warily watched the edge. The roof could only fit so many people. The girl appearing out of nowhere had been a surprise, but at this point, Tels would believe anything could happen. Tels then proceeded to stick out a ribbon of sand in the shape of a hand towards Kendul. “It’s nice to meet another sand master here,” Tels said, noticing the sand Kendal had used to reach the building. Addressing everyone, he continued. “So we know that the Phoenix was created somehow using hemalurgy. It’s probably to assume that the Dark Phoenix was created using similar means. Max, would there be any way to find more Rioters to help control the Dark Phoenix? Direct it towards Ajax’s army, as previously planned?”

Kendul glanced at Tels. "Indeed." He said, ignoring the ribbon. "Now then, where is his army located? If we know where it is, we might be able to deceive it. I doubt we can get a group of powerful rioters out here on such short notice, and especially in these conditions. A more viable option, is to dupe it. In it's previous attacks, it's goal was to kill it's adversary. If we can trick it into thinking Ajax, or someone near him, is it's enemy, it will attack with all it's power, and if Ajax is killed, we may be able to stop another war. But how do we trick it?"

2 hours ago, Lord Furret said:

He turned to Max, and looked him up and down. "And you are?"

Max raised an eyebrow.

“Max Tenira, leader of all Canton of Combat Operations.” He looked to Tels. The man wanted to use Rioters to control the Dark Phoenix. Max wished the others weren’t here, so he could tell Tels that even in the height of his power with the AlleyStorm he hadn’t been able to manipulate the Dark Phoenix. It definitely wasn’t hemalurgic.

“The Canton has a few Rioters,” he said. “But even if get them all to flare their metals, it might not work.” He looked to the Dark Phoenix in the sky. “It might make things worse.”

Althea listened to the conversation, her eyes not leaving the newly formed body of the girl.

"They are marching?"

She asked because it was logical, because they had waited for this. If he didn't attack now - he would hardly find a better time.

Quietly she started giving orders, alarmed their troops.

"Do you have a strategy?"

She asked Max and looked into the direction where they had suspected Lord Ajax to be. She could see some of the creatures already, one was tall, large.

Turning to Eiran she added:

"Any help on your part would be greatly appreciated."

Then she inhaled again. The storm was still raging around them, and she knew it would be gone soon. But for now she would use it. She reached out for the street they were taking and soulcast the ground below the pavement into water. If they walked over it, they hopefully would break through.

@Ax's Boyfriend

@I think I am here.

@Silva

@kenod

==================

Mike opened his phone and paled.

"The city is under attack. We are to report to the closest troops in order to join them."

Gently he shook Seom awake.

"I won't be able to keep them back. Not with the storm still raging."

He added quietly and looked over to Wes.

"So don't be surprised if I change."

@I think I am here.

@Ark's Boyfriend

====================

Zokora saw Althea's orders to inform the troops she had commanded so far and started to do so. Turning to Baker Pi she showed him the pictures Althea had sent, her face earnest.

"I knew they would come, but not that there would be that many."

She paused and then gestured to her men to get ready. Sending the pictures to Lusk she tried to get an overview over who was where.

@AonEne

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

“But I am glad, you are here.” Mike told him. Then he checked his phone and told Wes the city was under attack.

“I won’t,” Wes said in response and stood up, folded the blanket. “And I’m glad you’re here too, sir.”

He looked outside the building they were in. “But what can we do? There’s an army out there, and we’re just... us.”

—-—

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Kind of,”

Max whispered back. He put a hand by his side and summoned Sethramir as the first of the monsters entered the city. They were all on a rooftop, so they were safe for the time being, but Max would be lying if he didn’t think the abominations would be able to climb or fly to their level with no trouble.

Abominations. A part of Max from years ago shied in fear at the situation, memories clear. Abominations attacking the city, just like when he was a child. He and Althea had tried and succeeded in stopping the Great Game from affecting the city, but now it was back to how it had been 17 fateful years ago. 

“The Canton has access to many powerful and large forcefields,” Max said. “Like the ones they used in the Seven Day War for evacuations. If we placed lots of them around the cities, in certain streets, we could herd the abominations to one spot, and destroy them all with a surgical strike.”

—-—

His messaging device beeped and Lusk cursed, some soldiers looking to him.

“The city’s being invaded!” He yelled to the large group of soldiers that were with him in Shadesmar and they all were at attention.

“The only problem is, we’re stuck in Shadesmar while AlleyCity’s being attacked.” Some soldiers cursed, the inability to do anything to save their city was incredibly frustrating.

But, we can still protect our city,” Lusk said, and the soldiers perked up. How could they impact a war when they were stuck in the Cognitive realm?

“The Elantrians among us!” Lusk shouted, and a few soldiers put their hands up. “You can use Aons to directly influence other realms. This was part of your training! You take power from the spiritual Dor, and you can channel it in a variety of ways, which means you can technically,” Lusk spread out his arms.

“Affect the Physical Realm from the Cognitive. With the Investiture of the Dor itself you could make another, smaller Perpendicularity. You see those?” Lusk pointed to a large group of flickering, glowing souls that were the abominations in the Physical Realm. “They can’t hurt you here, but you can hurt them there.

“So Elantrians, get to work, I want at least 50 mini Perpendicularities around the city! The rest of you, when these Perpendicularities are made, I want you to hang out by them and attack from those positions. The abominations cannot come in here, because it’s the worst kind of bottleneck for them. Alright people, let’s get to work!”

In other news, this is the second character I’ve had standing on a rooftop, while abominations attack the city, holding Sethramir, who’s using emotional Allomancy :P:P

Edited by I think I am here.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea listened to the conversation, her eyes not leaving the newly formed body of the girl.

"They are marching?"

She asked because it was logical, because they had waited for this. If he didn't attack now - he would hardly find a better time.

She asked Max and looked into the direction where they had suspected Lord Ajax to be. She could see some of the creatures already, one was tall, large.

Turning to Eiran she added:

"Any help on your part would be greatly appreciated."

Then she inhaled again. The storm was still raging around them, and she knew it would be gone soon. But for now she would use it. She reached out for the street they were taking and soulcast the ground below the pavement into water. If they walked over it, they hopefully would break through.

Aylitha nodded. "They are," she said. Internally she sighed. It seemed they would be useful after all. "I'll help as well," she said. "My capabilities are... limited right now, but I should still be useful. I'm currently tracking them to make sure they don't run off, and I should be able to keep a decent amount of them busy."

Back at Aylitha's other body the cocoon retreated, and she stepped out of it. Slowly she started walking in the direction of the army, the moss around her pulsing, shrinking and growing to keep track of her, any organic matter left behind bearing traces of digestion. She scowled. She hated having to control multiple bodies.

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“The only problem is, we’re stuck in Shadesmar while AlleyCity’s being attacked.” Some soldiers cursed, the inability to do anything to save their city was incredibly frustrating.

uhm, I have to admit I'm a bit confused here...

Didn't you write directly after I had Zokora elsecall you out, something like "in the physical realm and Lusk started to give orders?"

I was confused then, because I hadn't written her getting you out of Shadesmar, but then as we'd discussed it beforehand simply went along...

EDIT: I can have Althea get him out, if you want to?

Edited by Sorana

23 minutes ago, Sorana said:

uhm, I have to admit I'm a bit confused here...

Not sure if I remembered posting that. But yeah, because Zokora didn’t teleport them out I thought it would be cool to see how they could fight back while being in the Cognitive Realm. And no, you don’t have to get Althea to elsecall them out, the battle might actually be interesting with added attacks on the monsters coming from the Cognitive Realm ^_^

Well, I easily trust myself that I got this wrong :P

Feel free to come up with some consequences for Zokora afterwards :lol:

Zokora nodded and sent the pictures to Baker Pi.

"Of course."

She looked through her statistics again.

"We won't be able to hold them off on our on. Althea wrote, that the Canton will assist, but still - I never expected him to have that many."

Worried she looked at the pictures again.

"We have a few secure ways out of the city. Maybe we should start moving the civilians. The process will be slow, but its better than nothing?

@AonEne

==============================

Mike shrugged.

"I don't know. We are assassins. Maybe we can find the ones leading them. Not directly Lord Ajax, but maybe the monsters are controlled by some officers. If we can take them out, we could destroy their means of communications. If that monster army works like a normal army."

He put on his coat.

"We can always try to get a look at them and see if we can gain some insight regarding how they work."

@I think I am here.

@Ark's Boyfriend

=============================

Althea nodded at Aylitha.

"You help is appreciated. Do you need some support, someone to watch your back?"

She shot Max a small, quick smile. It always came down to this.

"I would leave the Dark Phoenix out of our plans for now."

She suggested.

"You can try to lure it somewhere, but we don't even know if it is a Phoenix of simply someone using the form. The city is under attack now, I'm not sure if we have the time to study the Phoenix. If you think you can do something in that regard, have it work for us, have it help us, feel free to try of course. We need any help we need. Maybe you can try to contact it in some way, without directly trying to assume control. We don't even know if it's an enemy or not. So far, it hasn't harmed anybody, but a building."

Pulling up a map on her tablet she observed the city. Zokora was working on it as well, which was fine, they knew how to work together.

"Show me, where you want to place the forcefields. Then I can position our soldiers with the heavy weapons accordingly."

"Tels. You are a new member, but I think your sand mastery could be helpful. Do you trust yourself to lead some of the soldiers with the heavy weapons, give them a chance to fire?"

@kenod

@I think I am here.

@Rushu42

@Lord Furret

@Truthless of Shinovar

Edited by Sorana

Aylitha blinked, looking up at Althea. "Ah, uh, right, support will be appreciated," she said, sounding startled. "Sorry, controlling multiple bodies is difficult while my mind is limited. But yes, support is useful. I'll see if I can keep them somewhat occupied for your forces to arrive. The rest of the DA might be coming as well, I think? I'm not sure, Aylitha might be calling them as well, given the situation."

KanMien walked out of the alley, and started climbing the fire escape to the roof of a nearby building. On their back they carried a large backpack filled with ammunition, as well as a large, disassembled rifle. Even with the Gravitonics attached to the pack they struggled under the weight. Once they reached the roof they removed the backpack and started reassembling the rifle. When they were finished they were holding a large anti-materiel rifle taller than their own body, Gravitonics attached to deal with the frankly ridiculous recoil.

Lying down at the edge of the roof they started aiming at the approaching horde, focusing on the ones flying in the sky. They started tapping their Zinc. That was one of the few benefits of the Alleystorm, that it made their spikes function correctly. Picking their first target they adjusted the scope. Two kilometers. They fired, the rifle slamming against their shoulder. A few seconds later the creature exploded as the incendiary round ripped through it. KanMien worked the bolt, and picked their next target. Like that, they continued firing, slowly taking down the flyers.

8 hours ago, Lord Furret said:

The preparations for war continued around her, but Aln's mind kept drifting back to what she had learned about the Phoenix. It's definitely Hemalurgic, then. And it has been affected by strong Rioting before. But if it wasn't Max, who was it? 

She pulled her mind back to the conversation at hand, but she knew that her knowledge would be of little use. She had no experience fighting a war. Instead, she looked at Kendul. "Kendul, what do you have in your copperminds that could pertain to this situation? Is there anything on monstrosities like the ones we see?"

@Lord Furret

The army would attack in the end. He'd hoped to avoid it. Tried to avoid it and veer off to a different course. It was possible that course didn't even exist though. Maybe the attack and destruction had been inevitable.

He'd never know, though. He only saw the bad. And what was coming was pretty bad. 

Especially if the tunnels were breached.

Most of the opening weren't secured shut yet since evacuation continued. The area closest to the invaders ought to have been completed by then, he was pretty sure. Either way they'd need to confirm that. 

"I'll see about getting some support," he said to Althea. "But I do need to go."

Eiran paused. "When all this is over, I look forward to coming up with methods with your guilds to prevent a repeat of this."

Then he turned, walked to the roof exit, and started down the stairs. He'd get underground by the nearest tunnel entrance and head straight to report what had happened. For a multitude of reasons he couldn't stay up there. First, the tunnel entrances needed to get secured shut. Second, a rooftop was a dangerous place to be. Third, he couldn't stay. To be around people who were about to go and do harm. It didn't matter they were fighting abominations that had no feelings or much sentience. They were alive. That was what mattered. Eiran couldn't help stop the invasion because of that. He couldn't injure or pain them even if he knew how. 

Fourth, he worked best in the background, despite how often he'd stepped into the foreground during the events cause by PlasmaCore. He needed to get back behind the scenes. He was the guy who dealt with paperwork, not a warrior.

Fifth, I'm going away soon and want a way to not have him dawdling around on a rooftop as it gets attacked, even if that would be pretty Eiran. ^_^

“Yeah,” Wes said. He looked as the horde approached. “First, we’ll need to find someplace safe enough to take cover, if we want to observe weaknesses.”

—-—

Max marked down places on the map. “We close off the city,” he said. “So the abominations can’t spread far.”

He marked three positions where forcefields would be. “We’ll add more, once the abominations move in. We’ll close them off from the city border once they are all in, and we’ll continue to box them in, but to begin with, that.”

The drawing:

Spoiler

71E5FDC7-147C-4AB7-A82F-769A1497E22E.jpeg

Edited by I think I am here.

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

The preparations for war continued around her, but Aln's mind kept drifting back to what she had learned about the Phoenix. It's definitely Hemalurgic, then. And it has been affected by strong Rioting before. But if it wasn't Max, who was it? 

She pulled her mind back to the conversation at hand, but she knew that her knowledge would be of little use. She had no experience fighting a war. Instead, she looked at Kendul. "Kendul, what do you have in your copperminds that could pertain to this situation? Is there anything on monstrosities like the ones we see?"

@Lord Furret

He doesn't have metalminds, or any feruchemy.

Kendul thought for a second. "I might know, what do they look like?"