Long Game 58: A Hidden Threat

Straw

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

The cycle is going to end in 55 minutes. As things stand, either Aman dies, or Aman soothes somebody and he and Fifth both die. Anyone else want to vote on Aman so we don't have a double-kill?

Actually I did but it wont color red and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong xD so there are 5 votes on aman vs 3 on fifth

Edit: I'm at work now and I already tried to color it like 5 different ways. If @Straw could pls accept it as a vote I'd appreciate it. Gotta run!

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

I take it that you two don't believe Fifth is the Inquisitor. Why is that?

• (5) AmanuensisFifth ScholarStrikerEZLumgolAraris ValerianBrightness Radiant,
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartAmanuensis,
  • (2) LumgolYoung BardHaelbarde
  • (1) RayOfSunshineRanduir,
Edited by Amanuensis

Well, Fifth is acting just like Fifth always does. Just like you are acting like you always do. I'm just as suspicious of Fifth as I am of you, but I agree with Fifth more. And unless both you and Brightness want to swing the lynch onto someone else, there aren't really other options.

Straw also confirms conversions only happen at night, it seems. That will help us out later.

• (4/5) AmanuensisFifth ScholarStrikerEZLumgolAraris Valerian, BR?
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartAmanuensis,

Once BR votes, it will be 5-3 votes against Aman. At this point, it's less about whether Aman dies then if he takes someone with him. It seems we have some opposition to a double lynch, which only makes sense if there's a belief that the Inquisitor is nowhere in the list of candidates/we won't be able to find the Inquisitor. So far as I can tell, we're lynching Aman more because he's a claimed misting and killing him progresses the game than because we think he's the Inquisitor guaranteeing that he dies early. A double-lynch kills someone actually suspected of being the Inquisitor. Lynching the Inquisitor D1 is not too early if they get a convert who has to choose how much to bus them before any Seekers unveil the Inquisitor. 

Inquisitor!Lum's vote would likely be a way of not dying to the lynch, rather than a challenge. At the time, all it would have taken was for Aman to remove his vote and all of a sudden she's up for the lynch. Voting for Fifth would have been more effective if the sole goal was survival. 

At this point, I'm just going to post something and start a new one.

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

In your ideal world, Rand, who would you like lynched today? An inactive like Ray? Or the Inquisitor?

I see your argument for not lynching the inquisitor C1, as it'd make for a short and not very exciting game, so in my ideal world (prioritizing a fun game over an efficient win) we'd lynch an inactive this turn. It should get the game going, one way or another, without denying the ability to play to someone that's clearly active and engaged with the game.

Just now, Randuir said:

I see your argument for not lynching the inquisitor C1, as it'd make for a short and not very exciting game, so in my ideal world (prioritizing a fun game over an efficient win) we'd lynch an inactive this turn. It should get the game going, one way or another, without denying the ability to play to someone that's clearly active and engaged with the game.

Thing is, that's why the tie lynched is the best scenario! Not only do I die and give the Inquisitor a conversion, but if we hit the Inquisitor too (or narrow down suspects, even), the village benefits for the same reasons Fifth wanted an alternative lynch.

It's also why I think Fifth is the Inquisitor. He voted on me in the very beginning and has stated the whole time he wants to find the Inquisitor, and yet continues to vote for me which only can be interpreted as self-preservation, as opposed to Lum's vote earlier when she was close to being turned on.

Ugh, I'm to busy right now and too tired to do the proper read-through, but I feel like I'm missing a piece of logic somewhere. I'm tempted to vote fifth to resolve that gut read, but I don't particularly trust my gut  and it could also mean losing 2 high-profile villagers C1.

17 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So far as I can tell, we're lynching Aman more because he's a claimed misting and killing him progresses the game than because we think he's the Inquisitor guaranteeing that he dies early. A double-lynch kills someone actually suspected of being the Inquisitor. Lynching the Inquisitor D1 is not too early if they get a convert who has to choose how much to bus them before any Seekers unveil the Inquisitor. 

Aman is an interesting fellow, we give him that.

A misting he may be, we give him that.

Lynched he may be, we give him that.

13 minutes ago, Randuir said:

as it'd make for a short and not very exciting game, so in my ideal world (prioritizing a fun game over an efficient win) we'd lynch an inactive this turn.

OOC/Non-RP paragraph:

Y'all are prioritising this 'concept' of whether it'll be 'fun' or not way too much, which for me is the main problem here. Yes, it's best if people don't always prioritise winning all the time but for the most part, that is what you do and where the fun comes from. This isn't "winning is fun" but instead that if we all played this game with this grandstanding act of whether this will be more fun for people or not, then a lot of things would be done completely differently, and I'm just not a fan of this whole situation going on here in this thread. It's not the usual D1 thing, but it's still one of those D1 things where I just can't be bothered.

13 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

It's also why I think Fifth is the Inquisitor. He voted on me in the very beginning and has stated the whole time he wants to find the Inquisitor, and yet continues to vote for me which only can be interpreted as self-preservation, as opposed to Lum's vote earlier when she was close to being turned on.

Kinda-responding to this, as I’ve got only a moment right now, but I would not put it past you to actually be the Inquisitor right now. It’s unlikely, perhaps, but frankly you’ve done weirder things as an Elim to gain time or what have you. However, if this is actually going to be a problem, then Fifth Scholar Amanuensis and let’s allow the game to move on from our feud with the full knowledge of both our alignments. Side note: would not be surprised if the Inquisitor had a spike giving him extra actions, just saying. 

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Kinda-responding to this, as I’ve got only a moment right now, but I would not put it past you to actually be the Inquisitor right now. It’s unlikely, perhaps, but frankly you’ve done weirder things as an Elim to gain time or what have you. However, if this is actually going to be a problem, then Fifth Scholar Amanuensis and let’s allow the game to move on from our feud with the full knowledge of both our alignments. Side note: would not be surprised if the Inquisitor had a spike giving him extra actions, just saying. 

Well that's not what I was hoping for :(

• (4/5) AmanuensisStrikerEZLumgolAraris Valerian, BrightnessRadiantSTINK
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartFifth Scholar,

If someone else wants to make it a tie between us, so be it.

• (3/4) AmanuensisStrikerEZLumgol, BrightnessRadiantSTINK
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartFifth Scholar,
  • (3) LumgolYoung BardHaelbardeAraris Valerian,

I was about to say I'm soothing Hael's vote. I don't want to take it into my hands what happens. That's the village's decision.

Edited by Amanuensis

Okay, so I got off work early. I definitely thought Aman would’ve taken his vote off himself by now if he was the Inquisitor, so Aman. I’m not sure who to vote for though, so I’ll leave it. 

EDIT: By it, I mean the tie. 

Edited by StrikerEZ

• (2/3) Amanuensis:  Lumgol, BR?, Stink
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartAmanuensis, Fifth
  • (3) LumgolYoung BardHaelbarde, Araris

Is Straw the type to take illegitimate votes? Whether or not we end up in a tie or not depends a lot on whether BR's vote actually counts. My instinct for this lynch is to end up with Aman having one more vote than anyone else and make him choose whether or not to end in a tie, but if BR's vote doesn't count then Aman might actually survive. At this point, Aman soothing a vote off himself means he could survive regardless of whether there's three or four votes on him. If Aman isn't going to Soothe himself, then my vote could either ensure Aman dies or ensure Aman lives. 

Aaaah! Aman. I think we want at least a chance of death.

On the first day, MaiKaal, a strange man with a name that no one had ever heard of began demanding that the others kill him for their own good. The other members of the rebellion decided that this was quite a sensible request, and proceeded to murder him on the spot. After his death, it was revealed that MaiKaal was definitely not human, and some of the more knowledgeable people among the group managed to identify him as a Kandra. His body also contained several spikes, and while he was obviously not the Inquisitor, many people were still quite worried by this discovery.

Amanuensis has died! He was a Soother.

Vote Count:

Amanuensis (4): Lumgol, Amanuensis, BrightnessRadiant, STINK

Lumgol (3): Haelbarde, Araris Valerian, Young Bard

Fifth Scholar (2): Doc12, Fifth Scholar, Sart

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

The Night will end on July 30th, at 5:00 PM EST (one hour later than usual).

Sart and BrightnessRadiant still do not have RP names.

Everyone other than @RayOfSunshine posted! There is currently no activity filter, but one might be implemented if necessary.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Haelbarde (Spar)

2. Burnt Spaghetti (Opal Ghetti)

3. Snipexe (Cutting Bored)

4. StrikerEZ (Variel)

5. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod)

6. Lumgol (Teraval)

7. Ax's Boyfriend (Voidapple)

8. shanerockes (Bill)

9. Doc12 (Galen Aurette)

10. Randuir (Eliza Deveill)