Long Game 58: A Hidden Threat

Straw

3 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

I don't think early cycle inactivity is really that suspicious.  Might just be the fact that I usually take a little while to get into the groove of posting and getting reads on people...and at this point, it's possible some people were just in time zones that resulted in them being asleep for the entirety of the game to that point.

Hael, Doc, STINK, Burnt and Brightness are on my Inquisitor shortlist for reasons unrelated to activity. Also yeah, I generally believe activity isn't a good indicator of alignment. The point of voting / lynching inactives is to discourage inactivity and give active players more time to be involved.

Does the conversion have to happen the cycle after a misting dies, or does just having a stockpile of misting corpses allow them to convert whenever?

Edit: Alright, I need to sleep. I'll see people next cycle (probably).

Edited by Haelbarde

5 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Does the conversion have to happen the cycle after a misting dies, or does just having a stockpile of misting corpses allow them to convert whenever?

Now that's a fun question...that could completely 90% destroy Aman's strategy.

2 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Now that's a fun question...that could completely 90% destroy Aman's strategy.

It doesn't really change anything, imo. If a Misting doesn't die today then the Inquisitor cannot convert tonight. If a Misting does, they have the option. As Devotary put it, whether or not the Inquisitor converts after the fact is up to them, and if they don't, there's no reason for the village to not go all-out searching for them.

I believe the Inquistor has already or will soon realize it's in their best interest to get a conversion tonight. They are limited to a single action per cycle like the rest of us, which means they can only use one of their uber metals, kill, or convert every 72 hours. By getting a teammate tonight they have a lot more options, not to mention the benefit of having a second vote on their side.

Edited by Amanuensis

Alright, I'm going to just assume here for a bit that Aman is telling the truth about being a Soother.

If Aman is actually a Soother, then it'll give the elims some vote manip, which is a powerful asset for them later in the game.

However, I'm assuming the village still has a Rioter, so the loss of vote manip shouldn't be too bad. It could be a lot worse.

So, Aman. Let's get some leads as to who the Inquisitor's gonna convert.

Some Mistings that I imagine the Inquisitor would want to kill (and thus transfer their roles):

Coinshots - A convenient chance to kill another Misting. And, hey, vig kills can be pretty scary for the elims.

Seekers - Best for the early game, to figure out which people to get rid of, which people to convert, etc. And, seekers are more useful to the village in the late game, since anyone with a duplicate role becomes a suspected convert (i.e. if a Soother dies, and then someone else is scanned as a Soother).

Smokers - Better protect the team from those darn seekers scanning their duplicate roles, and from that storming village vote manip.

Soothers and Rioters - Vote manip is always useful, but those would really be a lot more useful late game than early game, and I feel like a Coinshot, Lurcher, or Seeker would be more crucial to the elims in the early turns.

I'll also take note that if/when a village!Thug dies, we should suspect ANYONE else who survives a lynch. And if a village!Lurcher dies, we should suspect ANYONE who survives a night kill. Which actually creates an IKYK... huh... because if the elims do get a lurcher, they can't use the lurcher to protect one of their own people because that person would be suspected... But then, all they really have to protect themselves from is coinshot kills.

Some Mistings that I imagine the Inquisitor will want to convert (and thus probably should not claim):

Tineyes - Tineyes are pretty much only useful to the village. The lack of PM's gives the elims an advantage because they can communicate to each other privately but the village can't, so the elims will want to get rid of tineyes.

Lurchers - Lurchers have relatively little use to the elims. The only thing they can protect from is the coinshot kill. I imagine the elims wouldn't want pesky village lurchers protecting those juicy villager targets.

Mistborn - Mistborn also have a much higher value to the village than the elims. While they potentially have access to every Allomantic ability at some point as villagers, converts from Mistborn only get one randomly chosen Allomantic power. Although Mistborn would make decent kills, the main purpose of converting or killing a Mistborn would probably be to rid the village of a powerful role.

Since Lum was kind enough to vote for me, I can now do this :D

Amanuensis, Fifth Scholar.

• (3) AmanuensisFifth ScholarStrikerEZLumgol,
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartAmanuensis,
  • (2) LumgolYoung BardHaelbarde
  • (1) STINKAraris Valerian
  • (1) RayOfSunshineRanduir,

As of right now, based off reactions, I'm most suspicious of Fifth being the Inquisitor, with Doc, Hael and STINK lingering somewhere not far behind Fifth. My thought process is that the Inquisitor would A: express a desire to prolong my life (I.E. Doc and Hael), B: ignore or talk around it (STINK, who's also PM'd every player in the game but is apparently not exchanging much game-related information), or C: challenge me outright (Fifth and I have a history of taking opposing sides, so he would probably feel more comfortable doing so). I also find that Fifth is the type of player who, as Inquisitor, would deliberately make it look like his mission to find them as early as possible. It's good cover, IMO, and I do find it more than a little poetic to place my vote on him while he's asking people to vote for who we think is the Inquisitor.

Earlier I stated that a tie would probably be in the best interest of the village today. Not only do we give the Inquisitor the ability to convert someone tonight, we also have a chance of finding them, or at the very least, decreasing the pool of suspects.

Hide contents
  1. Haelbarde: [6]
  2. Burnt Spaghetti: [2]
  3. Snipexe: [4]
  4. StrikerEZ: [5]
  5. Araris Valerian: [2]
  6. Lumgol: [2]
  7. RayOfSunshine: [0]
  8. shanerockes: [2]
  9. Doc12: [2]
  10. Randuir: [8]
  11. Amanuensis: [27]
  12. BrightnessRadiant: [5]
  13. Fifth Scholar: [6]
  14. Devotary of Spontaneity: [3]
  15. Rathmaskal: [4]
  16. Young Bard: [3]
  17. Sart: [2]
  18. STINK: [3]

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

I believe the Inquistor has already or will soon realize it's in their best interest to get a conversion tonight. They are limited to a single action per cycle like the rest of us, which means they can only use one of their uber metals, kill, or convert every 72 hours. By getting a teammate tonight they have a lot more options, not to mention the benefit of having a second vote on their side.

But your outlining of this very fact makes it not in their best interests. Late game conversions can be a lot more damaging then early ones, and you aren’t necessarily forcing the conversion by having a misting die early. Correct me if I am wrong, but the inquisitor doesn’t actually have to convert if a misting is lynched right? Depending on the role distribution, it makes more sense for them to wait until a few people have been picked off before beginning conversions.

11 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

But your outlining of this very fact makes it not in their best interests. Late game conversions can be a lot more damaging then early ones, and you aren’t necessarily forcing the conversion by having a misting die early. Correct me if I am wrong, but the inquisitor doesn’t actually have to convert if a misting is lynched right? Depending on the role distribution, it makes more sense for them to wait until a few people have been picked off before beginning conversions.

Nah. It's not a mutually exclusive thing. Both sides benefit a lot from a N1 conversion in different ways, and lose a lot if no one is converted. It makes little sense for the Inquisitor to use all of their conversions immediately. But the first conversion is best if used ASAP.

EDIT:

I may have misread your comment. Let me try to see if I can understand it better.

If a Misting dies today, the Inquisitor does not need to convert someone tonight, no. They can kill instead, or use an UberMetal. I am also relatively sure that if he does not convert someone after my death tonight, he can no longer use me for a Spike. It isn't in this games rules but I believe it was specified in LG32 (I'll see if I can find it, unless @Straw sees this post and can answer). From that point forward he needs to bank on killing another Misting.

Edited by Amanuensis

Alright then, Aman. 

3 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Main reason I can't be the Inquisitor is because claiming a role like I had would be suicide. So long as I live I've vowed to prove my Soother-ness, and all players are limited to a single action a cycle. I'd never be able to convert that way.

Right. Can we get confirmation that you can’t use a Day and Night action during the same cycle, @Straw? Regardless, you could still do a lot of damage by being left alive for a while, most notably getting off several lynches in a row. 

3 hours ago, Sart said:

Based on Aman's comments, I deduced that he had some type of vote manipulation. I was worried about what would happen if he was converted. However, the GM has clarified that in either case, the person converted loses their original role. In my opinion, vote manipulation is very dangerous in Elim hands. Therefore, I would rather not lynch Aman, as that supposedly gives a 50% chance of vote manipulation to the Inquisitor.

I'm going to vote on Fifth Scholar . While I agree with his points, he sounds like an Inquisitor trying to have Aman not throw the game.

So you agree with me? That’s a start, at least. :P However, I’m coming at this from the perspective of a villager frustrated at what could be termed a cycle of inaction, and earlier statements by Aman which seemed to indicate he would be fine with letting the Inquisitor access most conversions unimpeded—while he’s since backed down from this, his comments—and my point—stand, I believe. If you agree with my stance, then why do you believe it is the sign of an Eliminator to hold it? I’ve merely vocalised it, and you have not, which remains the difference between us. 

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Alright, if I had to put my vote anywhere, I'd put it on Lumgol. With I think only the one post, I'd also probably agree with Bard that it's not ideal to downplay the power of the evil team.

I do feel a little bad locking in two votes (short of vote manipulation), but I don't care for the other options. As it is, we've a 3 way tie if Aman does remove or sooth his vote... 

Again, I'd recommend everyone putting down a vote of some sort. There's 3 candidates currently, but there's plenty enough votes available to choose someone else. If you want one of the 3 to die, then do so. If you want the tie, vote anyway but try keep the tie balanced. 

I’ll agree that Lumgol is suspicious, and your vote is fine, but I disagree with keeping a balance in the votes; people should vote where they feel suspicious, and not waste it trying to balance an already balanced lynch. If it tips one way or the other, that tells us something too, so I’d not try to maintain a certain state of affairs without cause. 

18 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

As of right now, based off reactions, I'm most suspicious of Fifth being the Inquisitor, with Doc, Hael and STINK lingering somewhere not far behind Fifth. My thought process is that the Inquisitor would A: express a desire to prolong my life (I.E. Doc and Hael), B: ignore or talk around it (STINK, who's also PM'd every player in the game but is apparently not exchanging much game-related information), or C: challenge me outright (Fifth and I have a history of taking opposing sides, so he would probably feel more comfortable doing so). I also find that Fifth is the type of player who, as Inquisitor, would deliberately make it look like his mission to find them as early as possible. It's good cover, IMO, and I do find it more than a little poetic to place my vote on him while he's asking people to vote for who we think is the Inquisitor.

Earlier I stated that a tie would probably be in the best interest of the village today. Not only do we give the Inquisitor the ability to convert someone tonight, we also have a chance of finding them, or at the very least, decreasing the pool of suspects.

I...take several issues with the logic of your post. First, you’ve essentially condemned anyone who does anything in response to your claims and advocation of a Misting lynch, and those who do nothing, which would be...the whole game. Plenty of people are defending you, ignoring you or challenging you, as those are the only three significant options beyond taking a wishy-washy middle ground, which I would find more suspicious than a stronger stance. Also, you ignore the facts that the Inquisitor could respond in basically any way to your claims, that villagers have motives to do all three of the things you find suspicious, potentially more than Elims do, and that our mission should be to find the Inquisitor as early as possible, because killing him is what will win us the game; you’re essentially targeting me because I’m prosecuting the village win condition, and not delaying in its execution. Finally, while a vote on me for being the Inquisitor is consistent with my statements, it certainly isn’t anywhere close to yours, and I think you’d accept your own logic and systems of analysis over others’: as such, I’m curious why you’re now abandoning it. I’m comfortable where my vote is, and if I die, would encourage people to look into the lesser-active players if Aman also flips village, as I’m fairly confident the Inquisitor is hiding there if it’s not Aman. 

@Amanuensis, what do the colors in your post count mean?

Also, in the interests of having the most fun, which seems to be the gist of a lot of the discussion this cycle, I'll vote on Aman. I think this meta discussion about how to get the most enjoyment out of the game is a distraction, intentional or not, and also rather counterproductive (since I don't find it very fun). It's turning into another Fifth vs. Aman battle, which, based on the last one, just clutters the thread without giving us anything useful to analyze (no offense intended to you two). If we lynch Aman this cycle, then we don't have to deal with either of the aforementioned problems, and we have as good a chance as any of killing the Inquisitor as we would killing anyone else, while not removing both of the most verbose players on the forum simultaneously.

If we need to retract votes, then here's that: STINKAman

Assuming LG2 rules carry over:

INQUISITOR: Somehow, you've managed to hide amongst the crew. You must have a very good (and very large) pair of sunglasses.

Like the Mistborn, there's only one of you, but whenever a Misting dies, you can convert a different player to your side with the role of the dead Misting. You can only do this with the freshly dead though, so the conversion must happen during the very next night turn. To aide you in quest, Ruin has granted you [X] number of special abilities. The number of these abilities will depend on how many players are in the game.

To convert another player, you need a dead Misting and one of your Ruin granted abilities. Your target will have a 50% chance to gain the powers of the dead Misting and your Ruin granted power will be used up. The sacrificed power will then be revealed to everyone. If you give up your final Ruin power, you will die. You cannot convert the Mistborn.

Then if the Inquisitor doesn't convert tonight, my role is lost forever.

19 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Right. Can we get confirmation that you can’t use a Day and Night action during the same cycle, @Straw? Regardless, you could still do a lot of damage by being left alive for a while, most notably getting off several lynches in a row. 

From this games rules:

• All players have one action per cycle.

19 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

So you agree with me? That’s a start, at least. :P However, I’m coming at this from the perspective of a villager frustrated at what could be termed a cycle of inaction, and earlier statements by Aman which seemed to indicate he would be fine with letting the Inquisitor access most conversions unimpeded—while he’s since backed down from this, his comments—and my point—stand, I believe. If you agree with my stance, then why do you believe it is the sign of an Eliminator to hold it? I’ve merely vocalised it, and you have not, which remains the difference between us. 

I’ll agree that Lumgol is suspicious, and your vote is fine, but I disagree with keeping a balance in the votes; people should vote where they feel suspicious, and not waste it trying to balance an already balanced lynch. If it tips one way or the other, that tells us something too, so I’d not try to maintain a certain state of affairs without cause. 

I...take several issues with the logic of your post. First, you’ve essentially condemned anyone who does anything in response to your claims and advocation of a Misting lynch, and those who do nothing, which would be...the whole game. Plenty of people are defending you, ignoring you or challenging you, as those are the only three significant options beyond taking a wishy-washy middle ground, which I would find more suspicious than a stronger stance. Also, you ignore the facts that the Inquisitor could respond in basically any way to your claims, that villagers have motives to do all three of the things you find suspicious, potentially more than Elims do, and that our mission should be to find the Inquisitor as early as possible, because killing him is what will win us the game; you’re essentially targeting me because I’m prosecuting the village win condition, and not delaying in its execution. Finally, while a vote on me for being the Inquisitor is consistent with my statements, it certainly isn’t anywhere close to yours, and I think you’d accept your own logic and systems of analysis over others’: as such, I’m curious why you’re now abandoning it. I’m comfortable where my vote is, and if I die, would encourage people to look into the lesser-active players if Aman also flips village, as I’m fairly confident the Inquisitor is hiding there if it’s not Aman. 

Cycle of inaction? I honestly find that opinion laughable. I don't mean to come off as rude, but with only a single elim there is no solid way to differentiate the Inquisitor from any other player by treating this cycle like a normal one. With no teammates to defend and no incentive to push any particular agenda, the Inquisitor could literally do anything and get away with it. They want to try to lead the village? Cool, villagers gonna do that. They want to sit back and let us confuse ourselves as we tear into each other for no legitimate reason? Half of the players right now don't know what to do (as Doc put it, are milling around waiting for something to happen), allowing them to blend easily. Causing controversy in thread and encouraging everyone to give their stance on it was the best and most sure-fire way to get the Inquisitor involved. There's no way they wouldn't have commented on it by now, and I sincerely expect people's responses on the matter will help us determine their alignments.

Nah. I in no way suspect Lum or Striker right now due to their responses, for example. I also have a tentative trust for Burnt because of her reaction to the situation in our PM and Brightness due to her intro to the thread after-the-fact. Ruling out players due to convincing-enough villager plays/reactions is one of the best ways to find elims. It's also important to keep in mind that the players I listed (minus you) were on my suspect list long before their responses. Ultimately what I'm getting at is it's not what people say. It's how they say it. How committed they are. What intentions you can read behind the lines. Doc feels more sincere to me than Hael, for example. Meanwhile you don't feel sincere to me at all, and that's why my vote is where it is.

Arranging a tie so we both die is perfectly in line with my logic and strategy. You keeping your vote on me, however, contradicts everything you're saying, since there is no feasible way I can be the Inquisitor.

ED1T:

• (4) AmanuensisFifth ScholarStrikerEZLumgolAraris Valerian
  • (3) Fifth ScholarDoc12, SartAmanuensis,
  • (2) LumgolYoung BardHaelbarde
  • (1) RayOfSunshineRanduir,
Edited by Amanuensis

Okay I caught up from last night. Personally, I think the inquisitor should play the game however he wants. While converting early would definitely help him out, it doesn't mean he will decide to. Besides if the inquisitor is inactive or forgets than that goes out the window too. xD personally, I feel Aman's stance would only be helpful if we knew the inquisitor was planning to use all of their conversions asap. But I feel like they won't do that so how will that help with our reads at all throughout the game?

@Amanuensis you claimed your idea will help because it will make the game be more like a regular game but it won't. Not if the inquisitor saves a conversion for like the entire game. Our reads will always vary from cycle to cycle because of it. We'll be starting over again and again and I don't think that's gonna change. 

I don't see why helping the inquisitor get converts is a good thing because there will always be the possibility of conversion for the entire game. And what's wrong with winning on the first cycle?:P I mean you clearly don't care about being out on the first cycle so how do you know other people wouldn't mind it ending after 1 cycle so they can brag about how they won on the first day lol.

Also did anyone else notice that @Haelbarde pointed out that a tied lynch kills both? Do we really want to kill 2 of our heavy hitters on day 1? That feels like we're very much advocating village suicide and speeding along the win process for the elims. I don't like that at all. (Okay Araris just untied it. Except not cuz Aman could still soothe a vote)

I don't have time to read through the thread again cuz I have to leave for work soon. 

@Amanuensis if you want to die so badly then why did you tie the vote with fifth? That will kill you both

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Arranging a tie so we both die is perfectly in line with my logic and strategy. You keeping your vote on me, however, contradicts everything you're saying, since there is no feasible way I can be the Inquisitor.

Okay well answering my question before it's asked xD I don't agree with killing both of you. That's not healthy for the village unless one of you is evil and we know for sure that one of you is not. I don't like taking out 2 people in the first cycle when there is only one elim. How is that a good strategy?

Edit: whoops forgot I was double posting sorry

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

There's no way they wouldn't have commented on it by now, and I sincerely expect people's responses on the matter will help us determine their alignments.

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

but with only a single elim there is no solid way to differentiate the Inquisitor from any other player by treating this cycle like a normal one.

How is your controversy generating talk different from normal D1 discussion? I'd wager that half the games in this forum have D1 discussions dominated by whether we should have a D1 lynch, and that half the remaining ones are focused on role distributions. There's nearly always some meta point that gets brought up, blown out of proportion, and then leads to a lynch. 

14 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Okay I caught up from last night. Personally, I think the inquisitor should play the game however he wants. While converting early would definitely help him out, it doesn't mean he will decide to. Besides if the inquisitor is inactive or forgets than that goes out the window too. xD personally, I feel Aman's stance would only be helpful if we knew the inquisitor was planning to use all of their conversions asap. But I feel like they won't do that so how will that help with our reads at all throughout the game?

@Amanuensis you claimed your idea will help because it will make the game be more like a regular game but it won't. Not if the inquisitor saves a conversion for like the entire game. Our reads will always vary from cycle to cycle because of it. We'll be starting over again and again and I don't think that's gonna change. 

I don't see why helping the inquisitor get converts is a good thing because there will always be the possibility of conversion for the entire game. And what's wrong with winning on the first cycle?:P I mean you clearly don't care about being out on the first cycle so how do you know other people wouldn't mind it ending after 1 cycle so they can brag about how they won on the first day lol.

Also did anyone else notice that @Haelbarde pointed out that a tied lynch kills both? Do we really want to kill 2 of our heavy hitters on day 1? That feels like we're very much advocating village suicide and speeding along the win process for the elims. I don't like that at all. (Okay Araris just untied it. Except not cuz Aman could still soothe a vote)

I don't have time to read through the thread again cuz I have to leave for work soon. 

@Amanuensis if you want to die so badly then why did you tie the vote with fifth? That will kill you both

The issue is the lynch is going to be next-to-useless without at least two eliminators. If the Inquisitor decides to play solo as long as possible while hoping to avoid the lynch on their own and only putting in night kills, Villagers are going to have a lot of time to figure each other out while teaming up in PMs and using their abilities to narrow down the Inquisitor even further.

Until a conversion happens, we're shooting in the dark. I never said that we need every conversion to happen. Just one. I would prefer to have a full team of eliminators to face off against, but that's just me. Everyone has their own choice to make. That's the point of voting. And the Inquisitor can only convert a single player a night, and we're made aware when it happens. No one needs to reevaluate reads until the Inquisitor converts, and for the most part villagers who stay villagers aren't going to behave much differently.

Saying I don't care about being out on the first cycle is fairly inaccurate. I care a lot, probably more than anyone else. My sacrifice being for nothing is the absolute worst-case scenario.

There's plenty of heavy hitters. No one should feel discouraged from voting for someone they are suspicious of just because they're active / have a reputation.

Ultimately I'm voting for Fifth because if he wants to find the Inquisitor so bad, he should be looking for them. Not arguing with and voting for me.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

How is your controversy generating talk different from normal D1 discussion? I'd wager that half the games in this forum have D1 discussions dominated by whether we should have a D1 lynch, and that half the remaining ones are focused on role distributions. There's nearly always some meta point that gets brought up, blown out of proportion, and then leads to a lynch. 

How isn't it different? This isn't really a meta point. This is game-related strategy that involves all players taking a stance on whether they'd rather sacrifice a Village Soother to give the Inquisitor a conversion tonight or try voting for someone they suspect to be the Inquisitor. How people respond to that kind of question will say a lot about their alignments.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

And the Inquisitor can only convert a single player a night, and we're made aware when it happens.

I actually forgot it was announced. That does make a big difference since I was assuming having to reevaluate my reads like every cycle just in case it had happened. I've never played a conversion game before. 

But just having 1 more elim won't be a full team? I'd prefer that too but that's not a conversion game. That's a regular game.

I honestly think your gambit is well intentioned and honest and at point I have to leave to get ready for work. I didn't want you to sacrifice instead of hunting for the inquisitor but I don't have more time and I apologize for showing up later in the cycle. Because I don't want a tied lynch when 1 is definitely a villager and 2 could very well be villagers I'll go ahead and vote Aman as well. (As soon as someone reminds me how to do that on mobile xD)

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

I actually forgot it was announced. That does make a big difference since I was assuming having to reevaluate my reads like every cycle just in case it had happened. I've never played a conversion game before. 

But just having 1 more elim won't be a full team? I'd prefer that too but that's not a conversion game. That's a regular game.

I honestly think your gambit is well intentioned and honest and at point I have to leave to get ready for work. I didn't want you to sacrifice instead of hunting for the inquisitor but I don't have more time and I apologize for showing up later in the cycle. Because I don't want a tied lynch when 1 is definitely a villager and 2 could very well be villagers I'll go ahead and vote Aman as well. (As soon as someone reminds me how to do that on mobile xD)

[color=red]Aman[/color]

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

How isn't it different? This isn't really a meta point. This is game-related strategy that involves all players taking a stance on whether they'd rather sacrifice a Village Soother to give the Inquisitor a conversion tonight or try voting for someone they suspect to be the Inquisitor. How people respond to that kind of question will say a lot about their alignments.

I think it's game related strategy in the same way that discussion on a D1 lynch or how to use Coinshots is game related. Yes, it ties into our current game, but people's opinions and posts are going to be heavily influenced by their personal playstyles, perhaps more so than their alignment. I'm fairly sure that both Inquisitor!Me and Village!Me would disagree with you, although the former would secretly hope that you actually got lynched.

Also, you sort of accounted for every possible reaction to your gambit when you listed how you thought the Inquisitor would react:

1. Keep you alive
  2. Ignore you
  3. Challenge you

So what exactly would a villager do? All of the above?

56 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If a Misting dies today, the Inquisitor does not need to convert someone tonight, no. They can kill instead, or use an UberMetal. I am also relatively sure that if he does not convert someone after my death tonight, he can no longer use me for a Spike. It isn't in this games rules but I believe it was specified in LG32 (I'll see if I can find it, unless @Straw sees this post and can answer). From that point forward he needs to bank on killing another Misting.

The Inquisitor can only use bodies from the previous day and night. For example:

On N1, the Inquisitor can use bodies from D1

On N2, the Inquisitor can use bodies from N1 and D2

On N3, the Inquisitor can use bodies from N2 and D3.

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I think it's game related strategy in the same way that discussion on a D1 lynch or how to use Coinshots is game related. Yes, it ties into our current game, but people's opinions and posts are going to be heavily influenced by their personal playstyles, perhaps more so than their alignment. I'm fairly sure that both Inquisitor!Me and Village!Me would disagree with you, although the former would secretly hope that you actually got lynched.

Also, you sort of accounted for every possible reaction to your gambit when you listed how you thought the Inquisitor would react:

1. Keep you alive
  2. Ignore you
  3. Challenge you

So what exactly would a villager do? All of the above?

I don't consider Lum or Striker's votes on me as a challenge. I severely doubt that before me posting this, any Inquisitor would just go "yeah okay" and vote for me. It'd look painfully obvious. More than likely they'd consider the implications of their response in their doc for a time.

Playstyle is a huge part of it, and exactly why I did it. Seeing how the Inquisitor responds tonight (conversion or night kill) will say a lot about the direction they want to go this game, as opposed to Fifth's preference of forcing a night kill.

Villagers can and will do all of the above. Note that I didn't express suspicion of other players. Just the ones whose responses did nothing to alleviate my concerns / gave me a reason to be concerned.

Also to answer a previous question, the colors are mostly an arbitrary way to sort activity levels. I hadn't bothered updating it for the most part, but orange is supposed to be people I wouldn't mind voting for.

2 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

[color=red]Aman[/color] @Amanuensis thanks mr suicidal xD

hmmm I'm failing xD

@BrightnessRadiant type it normal haha don't copy paste.

Edited by Amanuensis