Long Game 58: A Hidden Threat

Straw

Elandera

@Snipexe @shanerockes @Doc12 @Fifth Scholar @Young Bard @Sart @STINK Straw made this cycle 24 hours, just FYI. So don't delay in putting in a vote.

Appears no Coinshot... :(

@Rathmaskal Did you happen to miss that Elandera admitted to being the Inquisitor after Fifth Scholar claimed Seeker and revealed Elandera scanned Village Vanilla yet survived a lynch like a thug?

8 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Did you happen to miss that Elandera admitted to being the Inquisitor after Fifth Scholar claimed Seeker and revealed Elandera scanned Village Vanilla yet survived a lynch like a thug?

Nope. That definitely didn't happen. :ph34r: Bard is definitely still suspect.

12 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Appears no Coinshot... :(

If only...

3 hours ago, Straw said:

Elandera was attacked, but survived!

Maybe the Lurcher had a change of heart and protected me. 

5 hours ago, Elandera said:

I will. Doc12

Fifth. Now's your chance. You can have your wish of several cycles finally fulfilled. Just vote with me

22 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

As much as I want to vote for Doc,

Rude :P 

Elandera

Sorry Elandera. You had really poor luck with finding Mistings to kill for conversions this game. 

4 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

I'm still not convinced I can trust Bard.

You got me. I've been undone at the final hour - and I'd have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling Rathmaskal. :P

A web of lies, unraveled by a Seeker, a Coinshot, and persistent rabble. 

The tears in my skin are healing too slowly. Blood drips onto the cobbled ground as I face the crowd. Blue lines extend outward from me, designing the world that only Inquisitors have the pain of knowing. And what a wonderful pain it is. 

I came so close. So close to victory for the Lord Ruler. For that which drives all Inquisitors.

It wasn't supposed to end this way. An Inquisitor, chosen by the Lord Ruler himself, should not be taken down so easily. I have a bigger mission. A purpose these skaa would never understand. I would destroy them with me.

Except... I am too weak. Something is wrong. These skaa have found me. They have destroyed me. 

A laugh escapes my lips as the mob converges on me. Their ruin is nigh.

3 hours ago, STINK said:

Is there not a chance that the real Inquisitor has an ability to force Elandera to post all this kinda stuff while secretly getting away with whatever they want to?

I'm not doing this. It's obligation my own choice. I've been hacked discovered. Help!

56 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

I'm telling you, it's all Ruin's doing.  If we kill Elandera, Straw is going to break free and take over the game.

Straw Ruin will Reign!

Edited by Elandera
Formatting

The Inquisitor stood in the streets of Luthadel, surrounded by a mob of citizens. As they surrounded her, she saw that one person was missing from the crowd. As she died, she smiled, knowing that Ruin had found a new servant.

Elandera has died! She was T̴̶̡̖̹̼͉̰͈̗̖̩̺̘͔̣̩͍̩̼̲h̴̜̺̲e̛̖̳̤͙̪̭̤̘̻̭̻̖̘̪͢͝͡ ̶̡̝̩̻̦̮̘̲̙͇̫̭͔͈̞̼̬͞Í҉̝̬̞͕͇͘n̵̴͉̝̣̝̘̩̜̥̯͓̹͉͈̘͟͡͡q̷̧̣̩̻̤͔̲͔̞͉͍͘ú̸͔̼͙͙̜͙͉͎̯̬̙̜̳i͜҉̙͇̩̥̮͖͉̙̥̤̩̞͍̳̤̩͟ͅs̸̛͉̹̺̗̻͓̙̣̜̮̪̙͎̙͈͚͕͉i̸̵̷̝̼̫̳̫̣̼̮̞̟͠͞t̴̨͍͈̤͍̯̲̖̖̟͠ó̸̠̥̯̮͠ŕ̬͚̫͈̱̭̭̩͇͉̰̖͓̲̲̹͇̤̻͘̕!

Vote Count:

Elandera (8): Haelbarde, Snipexe, shanerockes, Doc12, Fifth Scholar, Rathmaskal, Young Bard, Sart

Doc12 (1): Elandera

GM Notes:

The Village has won!

Thanks for playing!

Doc Links:

Dead/spec doc

Eliminator doc

GM spreadsheet

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Haelbarde (Spar) Lurcher

2. Burnt Spaghetti (Opal Ghetti) Vanilla

3. Snipexe (Cutting Bored) Smoker

4. StrikerEZ (Variel) Unsnapped

5. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Unsnapped

6. Lumgol (Teraval) Tineye

7. Ax's Boyfriend (Voidapple) Vanilla

8. shanerockes (Bill) Vanilla

9. Doc12 (Galen Aurette) Vanilla

10. Randuir (Eliza Deveill) Mistborn Vanilla

11. Amanuensis (MaiKaal) Soother

12. BrightnessRadiant (TBA) Elandera (TBA) The Inquisitor

13. Fifth Scholar (Lerdar) Seeker

14. Devotary of Spontaneity (Nevene) Vanilla

15. Rathmaskal (Rebelmaskal) Coinshot

16. Young Bard (Beattie Buvidas) Tineye

17. Sart (TBA) Smoker

18. STINK (Fonar Redacted) Vanilla???

Thanks Straw for running this game! I had a ton of fun. I'm glad I had the time to step in for @BrightnessRadiant. Sorry, BR. I couldn't quite win it for you. I made some terrible decisions. :P

@Rathmaskal, I'm disappointed in you. You should have let me live! :P And @Fifth Scholar, I'm disappointed in you too, for scanning me. I can't believe you didn't trust my claims!

Overall, this was a very good game. Congrats to the village. 

15 minutes ago, Elandera said:

@Rathmaskal, I'm disappointed in you. You should have let me live! :P

I tried to convince people to vote on someone else for you...  Alas, no one believed me.  One of these days, there's going to be a secret GM elim.

Edit: Btw, am I remembering incorrectly, or did Hael have TWO successful lurcher protects?  Well done.

Edit 2: "Rath is on my side...possibly confused..." lol, no, just trolling.

Edited by Rathmaskal

23 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

"Rath is on my side...possibly confused..." lol, no, just trolling.

:D Once I figured out you were the coinshot, I knew it was trolling. Still nice to have someone not vote on me... At least at the beginning. 

I hope you all enjoyed the last two turns as much as I did. Being an outed elim in the thread is a blast.

OK, this set of docs in particular has been a blast to read through:

"Storm it Rath, why did you have to attack Elandera?  Couldn’t you have left him alone or better yet attack another player like the Lurcher or Fifth?" lol

Now that I'm through everything, great game everyone.  One of these days, I'd like to figure out how to be as effective through PMs as some people are.  The main thing I'm good at is...umm...well, the main thing I'm OK at is existing (I was going to put that under good, but I kind of blew that in the QF this time around).  (No need to try making me feel better about my skill if you were planning on doing so...just like throwing out some good ol' self-deprecating humor on occasion)

Conversion games are a lot of fun.  I do think they have the one situation where there is legitimately an argument against a D1 lynch, but the mechanics of this game definitely warranted trying to either hit a misting or the inquisitor from the start.  MVP this game is a toss up between Fifth and Hael I think.  Two successful lurcher saves is darned good...but so is the seeker not only finding the lurcher, but both elims as well.  OK, Fifth, you win this one.  Honorable mention goes to Rand's rick-roll shenanigans.

I'm trying to remember if this is the first game I've been put in a vigilante role...I feel like there was another time I had a kill, but I can't recall the game...oh well.  Anyway, having the kill power means you have to trust yourself a heck of a lot.  Fortunately with this game, the fact that it was a one-time kill made me want to save it specifically for an outed multi-life character.

Thanks Straw for the game!

I’d just like to say thanks for lynching me early on. I haven’t been in the greatest place mentally lately (getting ready to move to college, stresses of my job, etc), so it was nice to only have to worry about the QF. 

I wish I’d paid more attention to the game before Elandera got outed, but it was fun reading the thread once she was. I’m a little upset that @BrightnessRadiant got Inquisitor and didn’t immediately convert me. :P I was hoping I’d Snap eventually, but was really hoping I’d get converted more. XD

Anyway, thank you Straw for running this game!

Ha, yes! I knew Rath had to be a Coinshot. He suspiciously knew the rules for coinshots, but not inquisitors earlier in the game. 

I honestly got really lucky with the protects. Fifth scanned me first cycle, so I was able to protect him cycle 2 which worked out. Then later I had been suspicious of Doc being evil and thought he might attack Burnt for her stuff in PMs, so happened to protect her that cycle.

Sorry Straw for the spamming of PMs. I blame Burnt - I don't PM much otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Ha, yes! I knew Rath had to be a Coinshot. He suspiciously knew the rules for coinshots, but not inquisitors earlier in the game.

Ahhh, thank you.  I figured pointing out the coinshot rule was enough that people were getting suspicious, but the combination of the two definitely makes it quite likely that I was the coinshot.

This was a good game to come back to, as I got to play with some really good friends and got to be at least kind of useful in the game :P Unfortunately, it also caused me stress and reminded me again that I was never a good SE player even when I was a regular. I spent the early game winging it, spent midgame getting tunneled on in despair and apathy and the last half of it trying to make up for early mistakes and still getting suspected a lot :P I was lucky that even though I was the most incompetent player ever, I was at least of some use and didn't make too big of mistakes. So thank you Straw and thank you to all for playing with me, but I will be taking the lesson to heart and never coming back. The most I'll do is participate in spec docs and stuff. So... it was really great being back for a while until it wasn't, and thank you all so much :) 

@Doc12 What makes you think you're not a good SE player?  For that matter, what makes a good SE player?  These games aren't about being good at them, they are about having fun.  I am probably one of the worst villagers to ever play but I keep playing for the fun of the game and for that next time I'm evil (which I consider to be fun).  You have the makings of a great addition to our little group, you just need to find what you enjoy the most about SE.  If it's analyzing players but you don't have the time then maybe only do one player each cycle.  Maybe your top two suspects or something like that.  No one expects essay levels of analysis every turn of every game and if they do, then I would fully expect and demand them to be the one doing it.  Maybe PMing and behind the scenes is more your thing then that's fine too.  If you just want to RP then do that.  Try something different each game until you find something you truly enjoy and then fiddle around with that.  No one here has any right to say you don't belong or that you should play a certain way and if they do, then send them my way and I'll be very happy to educate them.

I don't really RP, analyze or PM and no one really expects me to do those.  I sit and think, gathering information and lurking as I wait for that little piece of the puzzle that makes everything fit together.  Do you know how many times that's happened?  Twice.  In all my games my way of doing things has only paid off twice.

Find what makes SE fun for you, stick with it and everything else will fall into place.  If SE isn't fun then maybe it's not for you but if you do enjoy it, then I think it would be a shame to give up on something you enjoy simply for something as trivial as not being good at it.