Straw

Long Game 58: A Hidden Threat

490 posts in this topic

What the heck, I'm signing up. Surprise BR in a LG, shocking! :o

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Straw, I see Elandera is under the spec list but is marked as a pinch hitter. Does that mean the spec doc is unspoiled and separate from the dead doc?

Edited by Furamirionind
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Furamirionind said:

@Straw, I see Elandera is under the spec list but is marked as a pinch hitter. Does that mean the spec doc is unspoiled and separate from the dead doc?

I thought that it was simpler to put her a spectator, but put a note that she was a pinch hitter because I didn't want to make another list for pinch hitters.

 Elandera will not be in the shared spec/dead doc.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 6:42 AM, Straw said:

The Inquisitor: You have access to a few spikes that grant you enhanced allomantic abilities. When a misting dies, you can give up one of your spikes to convert that player. The player you convert has a 50% chance of gaining the power that the dead misting had. If you use all of your spikes, you will die.

Should this say that you can give up a spike to convert A player? Instead of THAT player? I've never played this game before. Would be obvious if the player died and came back to life that they were spiked lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Should this say that you can give up a spike to convert A player? Instead of THAT player? I've never played this game before. Would be obvious if the player died and came back to life that they were spiked lol.

Huh, that's weird. Fixed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Straw said:

Huh, that's weird. Fixed.

Ah okay just was checking in case I had misunderstood a rule. (:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lerdar, a child who months ago was a mere petty thief, is taking his next step towards splendour and a sinister power. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere outside of Luthadel, the mists swirled and condensed upon a hill. Abruptly, the mists shot away, revealing a tall, dark haired man sporting a dueling cane, talking to someone unseen. "... and that's why I couldn't have been conspiring against Elend." He cut off as he realized that whoever he had been speaking to was no longer around. Hadrian frowned at the pile of ash he was standing in, then took in his surroundings. Bother, not again. With a sigh, as the sun crept over the horizon, Hadrian Penrod strode toward the main city gates.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll sign up as Nevene, who has merely heard rumours of Allomancy but knows that Inquisitors are to be avoided at all costs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I hate to do this, but Spec doc please. I will be busy due to another vacation. However, after this vacation, I'll be available to add to player totals for future games. 

Edit: I will actually change my sign up to Pinch Hitter. I will not be available for the first week to week and a half, but after that I would be able to help as a pinch hitter if needed. 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't even looked at the ruleset, but I'm in!  Been a fun bit of vacationing the past couple weeks, but I've got an itch for some SE!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Straw So, for the Smoker, when they target someone at night, does that mean they’re immune to Seeking that night and then immune to Soothing/Rioting the next day?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Straw So, for the Smoker, when they target someone at night, does that mean they’re immune to Seeking that night and then immune to Soothing/Rioting the next day?

Correct.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Group PMs are not allowed." = 1 on 1 PMs are allowed then?  Any limit?

Also, I'm going to steal Aman's nickname for RedHerring.Rath this game -  Rebelmaskal

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rathmaskal said:

"Group PMs are not allowed." = 1 on 1 PMs are allowed then?  Any limit?

Also, I'm going to steal Aman's nickname for RedHerring.Rath this game -  Rebelmaskal

There is no limit on PMs while the Tineye is alive and one on one PMs are allowed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 6:42 AM, Straw said:

The Game will start on July 27th, at 4:00 PM.

What timezone is this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a rolling start. The 17th Shard has a new feature where posts are visible on a universal time, so if your time zone os before Straw's, you'll be able to see the writeup before he writes it.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

It's a rolling start. The 17th Shard has a new feature where posts are visible on a universal time, so if your time zone os before Straw's, you'll be able to see the writeup before he writes it.

I'm looking forward to the new tactics that might emerge from this. I, in Australia, will see the new cycle post first, and can therefore contact an Elim buddy, for which rollover has not happened yet, and get them to change their action for the best possible outcome. :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Young Bard said:

I'm looking forward to the new tactics that might emerge from this. I, in Australia, will see the new cycle post first, and can therefore contact an Elim buddy, for which rollover has not happened yet, and get them to change their action for the best possible outcome. :P

I'm afraid that the implementation off this feature also brings with them an on-site solution for the elim-doc, which has the same feature. (un)Fortunately that means that your elim buddy will only see your warning after they have seen the write-up too :P 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Is this serious?

What does that mean? Like if rollover is 8pm eastern, it is now 8pm PST as well?

I think I must be misunderstanding, as they gets rid of the entire point of a forum as now you cant have communication in real time.

That's what email threads are for.

Edit: no matter what you do, you also cant view a thread before it is written, which is why I am wondering if this is a joke. I just didnt expect Bard and Rand to take it seriously... 

Edited by Furamirionind
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Edit: no matter what you do, you also cant view a thread before it is written, which is why I am wondering if this is a joke. I just didnt expect Bard and Rand to take it seriously... 

Not taking it seriously, just further escalating the joke :P 

Edited by Randuir
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Guys it was just a simple question. <_<

Edited by StrikerEZ
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Guys it was just a simple question. <_<

I believe it is EST for the time zone, going by straws correction of haels countdown link (which should now be accurate if you want to use that as a reference)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Guys it was just a simple question. <_<

Oh. Is that how this joke started. xD

Was apperantly quite tired last night xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Guys it was just a simple question. <_<

Under Basics in the rules, it says rollover should be 4pm EST, so I'm assuming that is the timezone for the game start also. Plus, Straw only corrected me for the NZT link I gave, not the EST one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.