What was Nohadon?

TheFoxQR

12 hours ago, Karger said:

Honor was a person already.  How would you bond him?  That kind of implies a romantic connection BTW.

From what we know of Nohodon he seems like the perfectly ideal Radiant so I think he was the first Radiant with Honor as his spren. 

2 hours ago, Ripheus23 said:

Maybe Nohadon had close singer ancestors, but it wasn't obvious like with regular Herdazians or Rock's people?

I think that Dalinar would have remarked on herdazian finger nails, or odd hair colors.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

I think that Dalinar would have remarked on herdazian finger nails, or odd hair colors.

That's why I said it wouldn't have been obvious. I don't think Sanderson has to be implicitly quasi-racist* about how his ethnic groups appear, does he? It could be that there are people who have a "lot" of singer ancestry (on some level) but no "normal" noticeable outward signs of this, or whatever.

*EDIT: As in the "they all look the same" way.

Edited by Ripheus23

1 hour ago, Ripheus23 said:

That's why I said it wouldn't have been obvious. I don't think Sanderson has to be implicitly quasi-racist* about how his ethnic groups appear, does he? It could be that there are people who have a "lot" of singer ancestry (on some level) but no "normal" noticeable outward signs of this, or whatever.

*EDIT: As in the "they all look the same" way.

Singers are a different subspecies.  Making it so that the hybrid descendants have obvious physical features identifying them makes sense.  Their is no scientific definition of race.  It is a concept tied to human identity so it is possible that someone who identifies as black not to have black skin.  The same is not true when we are talking about two crossbred spices.  What you are proposing is a mule that looks so much like a horse that it is not visible on examination.

Well since there's both DNA and sDNA in the cosmere, I don't see why sDNA couldn't get transferred down the line to (mostly) invisible, but wide, extents.

EDIT: Also, I'm talking about people who would have farther removed ancestors of immediate ancestors as singers, not close relatives for singers. So a lot more diffusion (there wouldn't be cloistered retention of traits in a more homogeneous population or whatever, but still more alternative sDNA than "lighteyes" have, maybe).

Edited by Ripheus23

• Chaos locked this topic