"I've killed our kind before. Writers, Narrators, whatever. But this is different than what I've done. I killed... other forms of me, and absorbed their energy. Morbid I know, but I don't regret doing it." Dapper cleared his throat, "This looks like straight up murder, though, and our murderer has a flair for the dramatic. That leads me to believe this was meant to get at someone who would be here. Ene is the most likely target."

“But, who would have a vendetta with Ene?” I asked. I wondered - if I was a writer, could I summon my own characters?

Or was I a character?

Or... was my writer a character too, merely being written by a bigger, supreme entity?

I didn’t even notice as I suddenly looked like Keanu Reeves from the ‘woah’ meme.

18 hours ago, AonEne said:

You can eat my hair anytime :P

That's what my dog would have done in that situation.  *shrugs*

18 hours ago, AonEne said:

Wending through the crowd, Ieiea made her way to Zath. “Hey - it’s Zath, right?” 

Zath looked over to the woman who had just spoken.  She was dressed in a forest green gown embroidered with purple letters and symbols.  

"Yeah, that's me," Zath answered.  "Who are you and what do you want?  Um, also, please imagine I said that politely.  Like, 'Who might you be, good lady, and how may I be of assistance?'  Yeah, something like that."

16 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"I've killed our kind before. Writers, Narrators, whatever. But this is different than what I've done. I killed... other forms of me, and absorbed their energy. Morbid I know, but I don't regret doing it." ...

Zath discreetly took a half step away from Dapper.

Ieiea snorted. Politeness. Not much of that in my life so far. "Ieiea Tylei, nice to meet you. I'm one of Ene's characters - you've heard of the Writers Radiant?" 

I know you have :P that RP grew organically out of V1 that time, remember? 

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“But, who would have a vendetta with Ene?” I asked. I wondered - if I was a writer, could I summon my own characters?

Or was I a character?

Or... was my writer a character too, merely being written by a bigger, supreme entity?

I didn’t even notice as I suddenly looked like Keanu Reeves from the ‘woah’ meme.

Hmm, hmm, a difficult question. A difficult question indeed.

The voice emanated from above Itiah's head, with a distinctly aquamarine timbre (whatever that meant).

16 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

That leads me to believe this was meant to get at someone who would be here. Ene is the most likely target.

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“But, who would have a vendetta with Ene?”

28 minutes ago, AonEne said:

"I can't think of many people with a vendetta against Ene," Deteca admitted. 

"You said something about her leaving the Narrators," suggested the man, who still hadn't given his name. "Could that have something to do with it?"

9 hours ago, Zath said:

"Oh yeah!  I remember that," Zath said, nodding.  The dog head blinked in apparent surprise at the movement of the nod.  "So you're Ene's Writers Radiant character.  What can I do for you?"

“I was wondering...” She sighed. “Okay, honestly, I wasn’t wondering anything. I came over to make small talk because I want to look useful and I have no idea what to do in this situation.” She stared down at her feet, where her spren swirled. “It happened so fast.” 

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You said something about her leaving the Narrators," suggested the man, who still hadn't given his name. "Could that have something to do with it?"

Deteca mulled that over. “You think one of them killed Ap to try and get back at her for leaving them?” 

Edited by AonEne
Freaking autocorrect

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Deteca mulled that over. “You think one of them killed Ap to try and get back at her for leaving them?” 

The man shrugged. "I don't think it's likely, but it's possible. You would know more than I."

Edited by xinoehp512

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The man shrugged. "I don't think it's likely, but it's possible. You would know more than I."

How do you know if you are a Writer?” I asked and raised my hands. Noa lightning came out. Weren’t writers supposed to have infinite power? They wrote the world, didn’t they? The test made me think I wasn’t a writer, before I realised my name was Itiah, the literal username of my writer.

And when I thought about it, I did do a little FFRP...

But wait! All of this made me only more confused. Contrary to my other experiences, this time I didn’t know what to think.

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

How do you know if you are a Writer?” I asked and raised my hands. Noa lightning came out. Weren’t writers supposed to have infinite power? They wrote the world, didn’t they? The test made me think I wasn’t a writer, before I realised my name was Itiah, the literal username of my writer.

And when I thought about it, I did do a little FFRP...

But wait! All of this made me only more confused. Contrary to my other experiences, this time I didn’t know what to think.

Hmm, said the voice. A conundrum, to be sure. You should devise a system for yourself, hmm? For understanding, hmm?

Edited by xinoehp512

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

“I was wondering...” She sighed. “Okay, honestly, I wasn’t wondering anything. I came over to make small talk because I want to look useful and I have no idea what to do in this situation.” She stared down at her feet, where her spren swirled. “It happened so fast.” 

"Fair enough," Zath said.  "I'm not entirely sure what to do here, either.  Help everybody figure out what's going on, I guess?"  He gestured to the others nearby.  "Should we join the discussion?  Something about writers, or Writers, I gather.  Seems like that'd be right up your alley, you being a Writer Radiant and all."

"How do you know if you are a Writer?" Itiah asked.  Zath turned to see Itiah raising his hands as if expecting something extraordinary to happen, but nothing did.  This seemed to confuse Itiah.  Zath was also confused, though probably for different reasons.

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hmm, said the voice. A conundrum, to be sure. You should devise a system for yourself, hmm? For understanding, hmm?

Zath looked around, surprised.  The voice seemed to be coming from above Itiah's head, but there was nothing there to be seen.  So Zath addressed the empty air and simply hoped that whoever or whatever had spoken would be able to hear him.

"If we're the ones who come up with the system that defines who is or isn't a Writer, then depending on what we come up with, anyone could be a Writer, regardless of whether or not they were a Writer prior to the system we devised.  Right?  Wait, no, that's only if the system we devise makes someone a Writer, rather than just identifying existing Writers.  But if such an identification system didn't exist beforehand, then wouldn't the process of identifying Writers be essentially the same thing as making someone a Writer?  Wait, could everyone hear that aquamarine voice just now, or did I just break the fourth wall?  Am I even making any noise right now?  If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it-"

Beram strode forward, took Zath by the shoulders and shook him fiercely.  "Snap out of it, man!"

"Oh, sorry," Zath said after a moment.

15 minutes ago, Zath said:

"Fair enough," Zath said.  "I'm not entirely sure what to do here, either.  Help everybody figure out what's going on, I guess?"  He gestured to the others nearby.  "Should we join the discussion?  Something about writers, or Writers, I gather.  Seems like that'd be right up your alley, you being a Writer Radiant and all."

"How do you know if you are a Writer?" Itiah asked.  Zath turned to see Itiah raising his hands as if expecting something extraordinary to happen, but nothing did.  This seemed to confuse Itiah.  Zath was also confused, though probably for different reasons.

Zath looked around, surprised.  The voice seemed to be coming from above Itiah's head, but there was nothing there to be seen.  So Zath addressed the empty air and simply hoped that whoever or whatever had spoken would be able to hear him.

"If we're the ones who come up with the system that defines who is or isn't a Writer, then depending on what we come up with, anyone could be a Writer, regardless of whether or not they were a Writer prior to the system we devised.  Right?  Wait, no, that's only if the system we devise makes someone a Writer, rather than just identifying existing Writers.  But if such an identification system didn't exist beforehand, then wouldn't the process of identifying Writers be essentially the same thing as making someone a Writer?  Wait, could everyone hear that aquamarine voice just now, or did I just break the fourth wall?  Am I even making any noise right now?  If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it-"

Beram strode forward, took Zath by the shoulders and shook him fiercely.  "Snap out of it, man!"

"Oh, sorry," Zath said after a moment.

You can hear me? said the voice in surprise. But not see me, hmm. Well, anyways, you are absolutely correct! Except for the everyone hearing me part.

"Ah." Dapper ahed, "So anyone we say 'you're a Writer now, kid' to will become a Writer, due to tbe powers given to a Writer. Is the opposite true? Does simply saying, 'You're not a Writer no more' to a writer strip them of their status. But no, they would be protected by their own power... How is the power level of a Writer determined. Is it in the same way? Do we decide our own power level?"

14 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Ah." Dapper ahed, "So anyone we say 'you're a Writer now, kid' to will become a Writer, due to tbe powers given to a Writer. Is the opposite true? Does simply saying, 'You're not a Writer no more' to a writer strip them of their status. But no, they would be protected by their own power... How is the power level of a Writer determined. Is it in the same way? Do we decide our own power level?"

Hmm, you too? mused the voice. Yes, to a point.

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“And why are they called Writers? They type,” I said like it was some big revelation, looking up to the source of the aquamarine voice.

The source of the voice appeared to be a glowing aquamarine sphere, with what looked like a hint of red at the very center.

Why? Because you say they do, of course. You could call them Typers, if you wanted to, hm hm. But I wouldn't recommend it. Better not confuse things more, hm?

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“A classification system? I guess if I can fly around, do general godly stuff, I must be a Writer? Otherwise, what would be the perks of being one?”

Hmm, if you can channel Narrative energy, then you are a Narrator. If you are your author, then you are an Avatar. As a Writer, I'd say you're, hmm, somewhere in between.

Edited by xinoehp512

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hmm, if you can channel Narrative energy, then you are a Narrator. If you are your author, then you are an Avatar. As a Writer, I'd say you're, hmm, somewhere in between.

"If I am my author, I'm an Avatar?" Zath repeated excitedly.  "I've waited my entire life for this moment!" 

Zath crouched in what was-- in his mind-- a martial arts stance and then began moving his arms and dancing around, punching and kicking the air to no discernible effect.  After about half a minute of this, Zath put his hands on his hips and sighed.  "My chi must be blocked.  I can't bend any of the elements."

Beram snorted and rolled his eyes.  "Not that kind of Avatar, ya big nerd."

"Oh," Zath said, embarrassed.  "Right.  Of course.  I knew that."

Beram nodded at Ieiea.  "What you said, about Writers and Authors being the same?  That makes sense to me.  Which means that, at some level, it makes sense to this goof, too."  Beram waved a hand at Zath.

Luna! I forgot you were here, I suck!

Anyone who wants to have joined a search party, feel free to.

Diona leaned against the wall, watching the back exit hallway with Rwendeh on her shoulder. Safire had asked her to watch the hall, just in case someone tried to leave who they didn't recognize, before going off to organize some search parties. Without Ene around, they couldn't tap into her knowledge of people, but they'd have to make do. Luckily, with Rwendeh staring at the exit, Diona was free to watch the room. Shimmerwing had flown out with Mond, Marian, and Cassie's spren - Joy - for quick communications. Ryfne had taken her partners and Phrase, Ieiea's spren, for the same reason. Safire, Cobalt, and Izzy were planning quietly with the seon in the corner, though it didn't look like it was going especially well.

Which left Replay, standing next to her. Diona was trying not to glare at the minor Epic, but it was difficult when he wore that superior look all the time. Ene had once said that that was just his face, that Replay no longer acted that way, but Diona didn't trust him.

Then she spotted someone creeping along the side of the room, and trusted them a lot less. "Hey!" she yelled, attracting Replay's attention. "Who are you?"

22 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Then she spotted someone creeping along the side of the room, and trusted them a lot less. "Hey!" she yelled, attracting Replay's attention. "Who are you?"

It’s fine, I should’ve had myself do something over than try not to get noticed :P

I froze at the woman demanding to know who I was. Someone had noticed me! And by her tone of voice, I looked pretty suspicious. I knew that lurking around the edges of the room would look suspicious. I should’ve lurked in the corner instead- that would haves looked more natural. But it was too late now. I started sweating and turned her direction, preparing to face my doom.

“L-Luna? Lunamor? I’m not really sure what’s happening or how I got here.”

She was shouting to me, right?

Also I just realized that Joy is still alive in this one and now I am sad again.

Edited by Lunamor

Diona raised her eyebrows, then whispered "Stay here and watch the door" to her Aviar. With the bird fluttering off, she was free to head on over - noting with mild annoyance that Replay had followed. "Are you a Writer or a character?"